FM19- Bundesliga Thread

lblanc

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

The national team became unlicensed after the winter update.

Afternoon Rafa. :( that's awful. Puts me off a bundesliga save. Still torn on who to be next. Leaning towards Bournemouth or Alkmaar currently but neither really excite me so I can't see it lasting. Might just finally treat myself for once and be PSG or Real Madrid! Best team I've been up to now on fm19 is probably Fiorentina :/

Edited by Carlf788

20 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

Afternoon Rafa. :( that's awful. Puts me off a bundesliga save. Still torn on who to be next. Leaning towards Bournemouth or Alkmaar currently but neither really excite me so I can't see it lasting. Might just finally treat myself for once and be PSG or Real Madrid! Best team I've been up to now on fm19 is probably Fiorentina :/

There has always been an easy workaround to get the German NT working. Just started a Viola save myself. Everyone wants a new contract from the off!

13 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Why has this happened, did FM only have the license for a few months or something, seems really silly situation.

The terms of the license were probably changed. We'll never really know I suppose. Although 3.Liga has been licensed since the winter update. Maybe some sort of trade off with the DFB?

Yeah true. Fiorentina is a great pick. Chiesa and simeone so good. 

Just trying to justify treating myself for once and been Barcelona Real Madrid etc but I feel guilty starting at the top :lol:. Suppose I do deserve a top team though after 5 months of mid table sides 

Edited by Carlf788

Has anyone managed Wolfsburg / signed Yunus Malli? He's my best player on paper, but he's just not doing the job on the pitch. I've got Andreas Pereira on loan as cover and he's playing much better. So, just wondering if he's one of these players with the stats that never performs, or I'm doing something wrong!

38 minutes ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Has anyone managed Wolfsburg / signed Yunus Malli? He's my best player on paper, but he's just not doing the job on the pitch. I've got Andreas Pereira on loan as cover and he's playing much better. So, just wondering if he's one of these players with the stats that never performs, or I'm doing something wrong!

I guess you and I are in the same boat, because I struggle the same way but with Paulinho. Even if my entire team is on fire, he still manages to miss absolute sitters that he should have scored.

Like, he's on a good run again now, but in my first season, he steamrolled everything and then he only just scored 3 goals in like 15 or so games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2019 at 13:59, Gee_Simpson said:

Stuck between two teams to manage, Bayer Leverkusen or RB Leipzig? 

Bayer... Has more tradition and great young players.

Anyone managing Hamburg?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2019 at 19:21, metallimuse said:

Debating going to Bundesliga 3, what’s the standard compared to the Scottish leagues? On a par with Scottish championship? Some money to tempt Scottish talent over with?

I have started with 1860 München, it's a very nice save trying to get promoted to the Bundesliga. I dont know how its compared to the scottish leagues

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2019 at 16:49, Tha Real behanger said:

I have started with 1860 München, it's a very nice save trying to get promoted to the Bundesliga. I dont know how its compared to the scottish leagues

Just done the same, with my brother who is Kaiserslautern. Have you got far?
Wondering about the stadium, if you`ll stay at the "small" grunewalder as you go up, or if you get to use a bigger one like maybe allianz?
15k makes it a hard fight for the season tickets i believe? :D  This club has to have loads of fans?
My brother has Fritz Walter with room for 50k.. Not fair ! :lol:

Edited by Rober82

Anyone still playing in Germany? 

I just took over at Borussia Monchengladbach, 2 seasons in. The aim is to end the tyranny of Bayern in Germany, they now have 8 straight titles in-game. 

Got bored of managing in England, so this should be a good change of scenery.

One question, how do I activate the German national squads in my game?

14 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Anyone still playing in Germany? 

I just took over at Borussia Monchengladbach, 2 seasons in. The aim is to end the tyranny of Bayern in Germany, they now have 8 straight titles in-game. 

Got bored of managing in England, so this should be a good change of scenery.

One question, how do I activate the German national squads in my game?

https://www.fmscout.com/q-18261-Unlock-Germany-China-South-Korea-and-Japan-national-teams-in-FM19.html

But you have to start the game from scratch after doing this. 

On 28/05/2019 at 15:44, Rober82 said:

Just done the same, with my brother who is Kaiserslautern. Have you got far?
Wondering about the stadium, if you`ll stay at the "small" grunewalder as you go up, or if you get to use a bigger one like maybe allianz?
15k makes it a hard fight for the season tickets i believe? :D  This club has to have loads of fans?
My brother has Fritz Walter with room for 50k.. Not fair ! :lol:

Yeah I am now in season 24/25, last season I won the Bundesliga. The board are now building a 25000 seater, you have to stay at the grunewalder till the new stadium is finished. 

Really great save game!

On 31/05/2019 at 15:32, Tha Real behanger said:

Yeah I am now in season 24/25, last season I won the Bundesliga. The board are now building a 25000 seater, you have to stay at the grunewalder till the new stadium is finished. 

Really great save game! 

Yeah its fun!

Does the 15k only stadium make it harder with finances?
Done one season, went straight up. Not a great team to start with, Moll, Lex and Wein did well but the rest is.....
Had to try to get rid of a alot of them, which was damn hard. Almost signed a new team, seems i`ve got a golden generation coming up also.

Great to put Bayern in their place! :lol:

On 02/06/2019 at 16:16, Rober82 said:

Yeah its fun!

Does the 15k only stadium make it harder with finances?
Done one season, went straight up. Not a great team to start with, Moll, Lex and Wein did well but the rest is.....
Had to try to get rid of a alot of them, which was damn hard. Almost signed a new team, seems i`ve got a golden generation coming up also.

Great to put Bayern in their place! :lol:

No is not really hard with the finances. I sold a lot of youngsters from the youth intake who clearly wouldnt made it to the first. I got offers from bundesliga teams.

I also went up in the first season, 2bundesliga is tougher so had to play 2 seasons to promote :lol:. Pricemoney is better there, but when you get to the bundesliga the money is comming in. So the first season is about to finish as high as possible to get a lot of money.

To add, the youth intake every year is really nice. Had some worldbeaters comming through.

Edited by Tha Real behanger

On 05/06/2019 at 14:24, Tha Real behanger said:

No is not really hard with the finances. I sold a lot of youngsters from the youth intake who clearly wouldnt made it to the first. I got offers from bundesliga teams.

I also went up in the first season, 2bundesliga is tougher so had to play 2 seasons to promote :lol:. Pricemoney is better there, but when you get to the bundesliga the money is comming in. So the first season is about to finish as high as possible to get a lot of money.

To add, the youth intake every year is really nice. Had some worldbeaters comming through.

Was lucky enough to get a few loanes that really made the team stronger in the 2nd bundesliga. Eggestein, Otto, Ojo from pool, and Aleix Garcia.
So i went straight up, as did my brother witth Kaiserslautern who only needed Isak on loan, the other 10 did not seem to matter. :lol:
Also sold a few 15 year olds as you said, the academy must be somtheing else though. If i wanted to i could have sold 7 players from the same youth intake(!)  Also made it to the cup final with a bit of luck in the draw, which i lost to Dortmund heavily.

So into the bundesliga it is, with a few loanees again as neither the reputiation or the budget allows for anything other than free transfers, and not really players good enough for this league.

Also got the message that a new stadium is being planned, but no more info so far.

Edited by Rober82

46 minutes ago, Rollin93 said:

Thinking of a new challenge 

I want a team with a good young squad who I can grow but also need some work done

any ideas are welcome??

Depends on what level of hard you want it..

Køln in the 2nd bundesliga have quite a few young good players and also some good ones. Timo and Jannes Horn, Hector, Jorge Mere, Modeste, J Geis, Loris Schaub are top players already. Talents wise you have nartey, bisseck, koziello, özcan, Ostrak, adamczyk and so on.

They do however need quite of bit of work and signings to be able to win the top division. In real life the crowd are known to be the most fanatical you can dream of.

A bit easier one is Stuttgart, who in real life went down this year. They have some very young players, many who are out on loan the first season.
Kabak, maffeo, baumgartl, borna sosa, asiscabar, kempf, akolo, donis, mangala are all 23 or younger.
First teamers are off course Pavard who you have for one season before he goes to Bayern but gives you som cash.
Others are off course Zieler, insua, agogo, badstuber, mario gomez, castro, didavi, gentner and so on.
May of these arent good enough however, and would need replacing because of age, or lack of quality propotional to salary/squad status.
I would probaby only keep Zieler and Didavi... So its a challenge. But a fun one. New signings mixed with the young players should make for a exciting 2nd season.

I guess Wolfsburg also should be mentioneed. Mostly for the youngsters Brekalo, Itter, Udokhai, Arnold, and so on.
But the quality of the first team should really allow you to compete for trophies right away, so not much of a challenge.

Instead i would look at Hertha Berlin. Its a good challenge because no capitol team has ever won the Bundesliga, which i find extremely weird, as a non german. Thay have a lot of youngsters like Maier, Dilrosun, Stark, Torunarigha,  Maier, Dardai, lazaro, mittelstadt, grujic, klunter, køpke, Selke and Duda.
All of the above are in the first team squad and 23 years or younger.
So if you get rid of 6-7 older players at the end of their career, you`ve got a brand new young team to challenge.

As i said, depends on the challenge you want.

Edited by Rober82

4 hours ago, Rober82 said:

Depends on what level of hard you want it..

Køln in the 2nd bundesliga have quite a few young good players and also some good ones. Timo and Jannes Horn, Hector, Jorge Mere, Modeste, J Geis, Loris Schaub are top players already. Talents wise you have nartey, bisseck, koziello, özcan, Ostrak, adamczyk and so on.

They do however need quite of bit of work and signings to be able to win the top division. In real life the crowd are known to be the most fanatical you can dream of.

A bit easier one is Stuttgart, who in real life went down this year. They have some very young players, many who are out on loan the first season.
Kabak, maffeo, baumgartl, borna sosa, asiscabar, kempf, akolo, donis, mangala are all 23 or younger.
First teamers are off course Pavard who you have for one season before he goes to Bayern but gives you som cash.
Others are off course Zieler, insua, agogo, badstuber, mario gomez, castro, didavi, gentner and so on.
May of these arent good enough however, and would need replacing because of age, or lack of quality propotional to salary/squad status.
I would probaby only keep Zieler and Didavi... So its a challenge. But a fun one. New signings mixed with the young players should make for a exciting 2nd season.

I guess Wolfsburg also should be mentioneed. Mostly for the youngsters Brekalo, Itter, Udokhai, Arnold, and so on.
But the quality of the first team should really allow you to compete for trophies right away, so not much of a challenge.

Instead i would look at Hertha Berlin. Its a good challenge because no capitol team has ever won the Bundesliga, which i find extremely weird, as a non german. Thay have a lot of youngsters like Maier, Dilrosun, Stark, Torunarigha,  Maier, Dardai, lazaro, mittelstadt, grujic, klunter, køpke, Selke and Duda.
All of the above are in the first team squad and 23 years or younger.
So if you get rid of 6-7 older players at the end of their career, you`ve got a brand new young team to challenge.

As i said, depends on the challenge you want.

Thanks for the brilliant response

Hertha Berlin look interesting so do wolsfburg though

i did have a look at hoffenhiem but not sure

Edited by Rollin93

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Of course if you don't mind a slightly higher level than Berlin you can go for the amazing Leverkusen or RB Leipzig. I have picked Leverkusen myself as I don't like the idea behind Leipzig and how they were formed.

I did look at Leverkusen but wasn’t sure how easy it would have been

there are so many good options in 1 and 2nd division 

i even debating st pauli just because there lots and badge look unreal!

Køln are quite a fun team tbh, you start with a decent squad. Due to a file corrupt, I've played the pre-season twice and both times Bayern offer £20+ million for Hector who wants to go. He's argueably your best player, but for a LB/CDM £22.5 million is amazing. Bundesliga 2 was a breeze, but since promotion I've found a couple of the players to be easily good enough for Bundesliga (Schaub and Ozcan are stars) where I finished 2nd, going into the final game with a chance of coming first:

image.thumb.png.79c14d2ec1b745610c6f54da08cc1b86.png

Usually when I managed outside Germany, Bayern win everything but to see Hoffenheim win was kinda special!

I'm surprised that no one play with Eintracht Frankfurt. Really a lot of talent players like Jovic, Rebic and Haller, they also got a great Stadium and should be able to develop a lot of newness over the time. Also to rebuild the real tactic which makes them successful in the last Euroleague could be a great challenge. If someone needs support for a save with the Eintracht, please let me know, I would be glad to help. 

35 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

I'm surprised that no one play with Eintracht Frankfurt. Really a lot of talent players like Jovic, Rebic and Haller, they also got a great Stadium and should be able to develop a lot of newness over the time. Also to rebuild the real tactic which makes them successful in the last Euroleague could be a great challenge. If someone needs support for a save with the Eintracht, please let me know, I would be glad to help. 

I still haven’t chosen a team I’m really stuck

so I would be interested in having a look

thanks 

9 hours ago, Rollin93 said:

I still haven’t chosen a team I’m really stuck

so I would be interested in having a look

thanks 

Try Wolfsburg..  You have a reasonable squad, around $15M for transfers, so good youth.

6 hours ago, Rollin93 said:

So I’m thinking mayb Gladbach and develop the youngsters they have 

Ill probably change my mind again 😂

good choice. I am just starting my third season.  Finished 6th, and then 2nd.

I've been keen to sample a Bundesliga club for ages (only ever did a few months at Gladbach in 2015) and now the proper names and licence are in place it seemed like the time. Like many of you though, I also found it really hard to pick the right team for me. It was narrowed down quite early to TSG Hoffenheim (a couple of players I like), RB Leipzig (mainly because of the connected clubs and ability to 'steal' young players from those) and Eintracht Frankfurt.

Of those, the most traditional would be the latter, and they have played some stunning attacking football this season until the wheels fell off in the last month. The trio of Jovic, Kostic and Rebic is quite exciting, although the defence apart from da Costa leaves me quite cold. So, after ruling out TSG, I had a choice of two and I kept  talking myself out of either! That in turn made me consider Bayer Leverkusen as another option as they do have some good young talent, I just have this thing in my head telling me they're not going to sustain my interest as a club - and I don't know why.

Then, as if a choice of three wasn't causing me enough dilemmas, I began to get attracted to Werder Bremen. That came from nowhere, and the playing squad really doesn't have much about it. But then I looked at the staff and saw that so many of them have been there for ages and have good stats. It made me wonder if this might be a good 'community club' type of project. And their kit colours are nice and will probably look good in game.

Anyway, I kept delaying a start with them all and in the meantime took on SLB in Portugal (more of that elsewhere) to run alongside my spell at Charlton Athletic.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Finished my second season with Leverkusen. Managed to get Draxler for 14,75 million and Sule for around 27 million.

Not sure if I'd like to continue though. Not necessarily because of Leverkusen (They're fun, I'll admit that), but the game itself is just really frustrating. (And I might or might not want to try out some other teams/players as well.)

17 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Finished my second season with Leverkusen. Managed to get Draxler for 14,75 million and Sule for around 27 million.

Not sure if I'd like to continue though. Not necessarily because of Leverkusen (They're fun, I'll admit that), but the game itself is just really frustrating. (And I might or might not want to try out some other teams/players as well.)

Where did you finish in the table? 

On 13/06/2019 at 01:43, Rollin93 said:

How are you finding it?? 

Have you got bored at all or been good save 

I always pretty much play in the Bundesliga. I think its far more even league, even with Bayern and Dortmund in it.

In Feb in season 3, on top lead Dortmund 3 points - Squad in image

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Edited by DirtyJoe

LOL 

I think its really funny that you all play teams only few Germans would play ( e. g. Wolfburg, Leverkusen, RB Leipzig).

These are teams without tradition, without a history. And they are all pimped by the industry ...  Leverkusen is clear, its the club of Bayer AG, Wolfsburg is supported by Volkswagen AG and Leipzig belongs to Red Bull.

Kaiserslautern is in reality now poor but has a long and glorious history.  Would be from the German view a nice choice. Cologne, too, but it would be much easier as Cologne has now a solid financial basis.  A club with a long history but not much success is VfL Bochum. Bochum has a very good youth department and is an old workers club. Lead Bochum back to Bundesliga!

Other very stylish clubs from the 2. Bundesliga are FC Sankt Pauli from Hamburgs redlight district  (for the lefties) with its "antfacist" marketing approach or 1. FC Union Berlin, a club with a famous GDR history as it was the club who was always fighting against the STASI club Dynamo Berlin, a club pimped by the GDR secret service. The battle cry is "Eisern Union!" (Iron Union!) and they just achieved promotion to Bundesliga.

Edited by Zardoz

4 hours ago, Zardoz said:

LOL 

I think its really funny that you all play teams only few Germans would play ( e. g. Wolfburg, Leverkusen, RB Leipzig).

These are teams without tradition, without a history. And they are all pimped by the industry ...  Leverkusen is clear, its the club of Bayer AG, Wolfsburg is supported by Volkswagen AG and Leipzig belongs to Red Bull.

Kaiserslautern is in reality now poor but has a long and glorious history.  Would be from the German view a nice choice. Cologne, too, but it would be much easier as Cologne has now a solid financial basis.  A club with a long history but not much success is VfL Bochum. Bochum has a very good youth department and is an old workers club. Lead Bochum back to Bundesliga!

Other very stylish clubs from the 2. Bundesliga are FC Sankt Pauli from Hamburgs redlight district  (for the lefties) with its "antfacist" marketing approach or 1. FC Union Berlin, a club with a famous GDR history as it was the club who was always fighting against the STASI club Dynamo Berlin, a club pimped by the GDR secret service. The battle cry is "Eisern Union!" (Iron Union!) and they just achieved promotion to Bundesliga.

Leverkusen are a works' team though, they weren't created for profit or brand awareness like RB Leipzig. How do they not have a history? Of course they do. Leipzig I would agree, they are certainly a plastic club. Don't know much about Wolfsburg. 

5 hours ago, Zardoz said:

LOL 

And the difference in being owned by a a billionaire??

Football ownership as changed. but anyways off topic.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@Jogo Bonito If you are going to pick a German team I would either go with Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Hertha Berlin or Werder Bremen.

Whomever you pick I would look to reading how you do.

Thanks for your interest. I will take on a German team at some point, but very much in to my other two sides at the moment. 

Leverkusen has not been created in such an artificial way as Leipzig. However, the club and is position is a result mainly caused by the Bayer AGs money. It is situated between Düsseldorf, Köln, Mönchengladbach and the Ruhr clubs (Schalke, Dortmund, Bochum, Duisburg. Essen etc.) and has a very low fan base. Bayer supported in the 70ies also KFC Uerdingen from Krefeld. To save money they dropped that later with result that Uerdingen, sometimes playing in the Bundesliga and even in the UEFA-Cup dropped down to semi-professionalism . Without Bayer Leverkusen would suffer a similar fate, I presume.

SO I started unemployed and after a few interviews I was offered the Nuremburg job. I have to fight against relegation. I am overacheiving at the moment as I won my first 4 games but just got it handed to me 10-4 by Dortmund and 5-2 by Leipzig and my tema is coming back down to earth. Any tips to try and help get me to stay at least id table. I am playing a 4-2-4 wide and it worked to begin with but I think teams are on to me. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first time playing in the Bundesliga i quite a while.

Trevor L.

On 24/06/2019 at 22:55, Trevor L. said:

SO I started unemployed and after a few interviews I was offered the Nuremburg job. I have to fight against relegation. I am overacheiving at the moment as I won my first 4 games but just got it handed to me 10-4 by Dortmund and 5-2 by Leipzig and my tema is coming back down to earth. Any tips to try and help get me to stay at least id table. I am playing a 4-2-4 wide and it worked to begin with but I think teams are on to me. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first time playing in the Bundesliga i quite a while.

Trevor L.

I've started unemployed as well as Raúl Gonzalez Blanco and landed the Bayer Leverkusen-job. They've been on a disappointing 17th place in the Bundesliga, after 15 games with only 11 points. I'm curious if I can lead them to a spot in the top half.

• 1 month later...

I've finally got a Bundesliga game open and have taken over at Bayer Leverkusen. Apart from a couple of months at Gladbach many years ago, this will be my first German effort. Hopefully it lasts for at least one full season!

It's also my first time ever using a transfer update, so I've lost Brandt to Dortmund but have a handful of new signings that the club has made. I've also made some transfers of my own, and pre-season is complete. My philosophy will be to sign/use young and/or German players. I like the fact that they don't have any U23 team or B-Team, in fact not even a full U19 team. This means I have a very manageable group of players to focus on (at the club) with no loan players here and only a handful away on loan (ones that I didn't want).

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I've finally got a Bundesliga game open and have taken over at Bayer Leverkusen. Apart from a couple of months at Gladbach many years ago, this will be my first German effort. Hopefully it lasts for at least one full season!

It's also my first time ever using a transfer update, so I've lost Brandt to Dortmund but have a handful of new signings that the club has made. I've also made some transfers of my own, and pre-season is complete. My philosophy will be to sign/use young and/or German players. I like the fact that they don't have any U23 team or B-Team, in fact not even a full U19 team. This means I have a very manageable group of players to focus on (at the club) with no loan players here and only a handful away on loan (ones that I didn't want).

Good luck :cool: