Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Brazil] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Brazil here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research. 

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                       

Please note that any non-data issues for Brazil should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

1 minute ago, duccio said:

Thanks, I'll change this once I get the database back.

5 hours ago, NG39 said:

Thanks, I have logged this in our transfer system.

Flamengo:

Lucas Paqueta. He stands at 5”11 and how shown good aerial prowess, somehow has a jumping reach attribute of 8?

9C6B90CE-AF7D-4182-9A78-8FCF9CCC3893.png

Edited by Vicz

9 minutes ago, Vicz said:

Flamengo:

Lucas Paqueta. He stands at 5”11 and how shown good aerial prowess, somehow has a jumping reach attribute of 8?

9C6B90CE-AF7D-4182-9A78-8FCF9CCC3893.png

Yes, 8 is too harsh, I'll see if it can be changed before the official release.

Diego Arismendi (19355259)

Please add

2016 Patriotas Boyaca (Youth)

2017 Banfield (Colombia) (Youth)

6 minutes ago, makul said:

Diego Arismendi (19355259)

Please add

2016 Patriotas Boyaca (Youth)

2017 Banfield (Colombia) (Youth)

Thanks, I'll add once I have the database back.

Good afternoon!
Watching the Brazilian teams I could see that some players are coming with the wrong preferred foot. I will list some for the proper correction:
Igor Rabello (Botafogo) - In fact he is right handed.
Fernando Uribe (Flamengo) - In fact he is right handed.
Raphael Veiga (Palmeiras) - In reality he is left-handed.
Martín Sarrafiore (Internacional) - In reality he is left-handed.

For now it's these players.

I take the opportunity to ask for a slight improvement of attributes in 4 athletes:
In the attribute strength of the player Maxi Lopez of Vasco da Gama, who has been standing out in the current Brazilian championship and being one of the leaders of the team.
In the attribute team work and index of work of the player Rodrigo Pimpão do Botafogo, since the quality most appreciated in him is the ability to donate for the team.
In the feat attribute of the player Luiz Fernando do Botafogo, who has been standing out as the best dribbler of the team in the Brazilian championship, with attitude and starting up the opponents.
In the attribute stopped balls of the player Diego Ribas of Flamengo, that is the official collector of absences and corners of the equipment and always it excelled in the race in that question.

That is all for the moment, I hope I have helped.

5 minutes ago, Gustavo Cardoso Vilhena said:

Good afternoon!
Watching the Brazilian teams I could see that some players are coming with the wrong preferred foot. I will list some for the proper correction:
Igor Rabello (Botafogo) - In fact he is right handed.
Fernando Uribe (Flamengo) - In fact he is right handed.
Raphael Veiga (Palmeiras) - In reality he is left-handed.
Martín Sarrafiore (Internacional) - In reality he is left-handed.

For now it's these players.

I take the opportunity to ask for a slight improvement of attributes in 4 athletes:
In the attribute strength of the player Maxi Lopez of Vasco da Gama, who has been standing out in the current Brazilian championship and being one of the leaders of the team.
In the attribute team work and index of work of the player Rodrigo Pimpão do Botafogo, since the quality most appreciated in him is the ability to donate for the team.
In the feat attribute of the player Luiz Fernando do Botafogo, who has been standing out as the best dribbler of the team in the Brazilian championship, with attitude and starting up the opponents.
In the attribute stopped balls of the player Diego Ribas of Flamengo, that is the official collector of absences and corners of the equipment and always it excelled in the race in that question.

That is all for the moment, I hope I have helped.

Thanks, I'll check these players you mentioned.

26 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Italian second nationality should probably be added, but I am not sure if he would be considered Basque by the Basque clubs;

If Christian Ganea is considered Basque by Athletic, then this guy should be considered Basque :D

3 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

If Christian Ganea is considered Basque by Athletic, then this guy should be considered Basque :D

I think he is considered Basque because he was developed at a Basque club (Baskonia).

But this is complicated because it's done too much on a case by case basis. If we add it to Arrascaeta, we should probably also add it to the many players in South America who also have Basque ancestry. For example, players named Zárate might have Basque ancestry as this is a Basque surname, as are Ochoa, Garay, Guevara, Montoya, etc 

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

I think he is considered Basque because he was developed at a Basque club (Baskonia).

But this is complicated because it's done too much on a case by case basis. If we add it to Arrascaeta, we should probably also add it to the many players in South America who also have Basque ancestry. For example, players named Zárate might have Basque ancestry as this is a Basque surname, as are Ochoa, Garay, Guevara, Montoya, etc 

Funny enough. Athletic also has a guy in their ranks named Ochoa. :D

I think adding the nationality to De Arrascaeta  is fine because it is known that he is Basque. Not too sure about all the SA talent down there as there may be not enough info there for them all

Just now, Jean0987654321 said:

Funny enough. Athletic also has a guy in their ranks named Ochoa. :D

I think adding the nationality to De Arrascaeta  is fine because it is known that he is Basque. Not too sure about all the SA talent down there as there may be not enough info there for them all

Yes, for me it's fine either way, but my only fear is that Athletic may end up signing him too often in the game while in real life there is no sign they would try to do so.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Yes, for me it's fine either way, but my only fear is that Athletic may end up signing him too often in the game while in real life there is no sign they would try to do so.

Since when FM is based on realism? :D

A lot of teams in this game nick players that real-life sides wouldn't even sniff at so...yeah. :D

Just now, Jean0987654321 said:

Since when FM is based on realism? :D

A lot of teams in this game nick players that real-life sides wouldn't even sniff at so...yeah. :D

Anyway, I asked it to be added (as well as his Italian nationality). 

The brazilian foreign transfer window is in june-july only

I cant sign foreign playes in january

Please for the love of god tell me I do not have to start a new save for a patch to fix this huge mistake

I am playing the 2019 Brasileirao. Can a patch fix my Brasileirao 2020 without I having to restart?

Edited by AEJ

While skimming through Brazilian team rosters, I came across Gabriel Barbosa Avelino under Palmeiras Reserves.

20181028184640_1.jpg

His height is 195 cm yet he has horrendous physical attributes - balance 4, jumping 4, strength 4.

The only highlight I could find about him is this, and plenty of times he plays with back to goal & shows young Zlatan-esque dribbling skills which in my view contradict his physical attributes (although I never watched him before).. is this justified?

Edited by hakany

2 minutes ago, hakany said:

While skimming through Brazilian team rosters, I came across Gabriel Barbosa Avelino under Palmeiras Reserves.

20181028184640_1.jpg

His height is 195 cm yet he has horrendous physical attributes - balance 4, jumping 4, strength 4.

The only highlight I could find about him is this, and plenty of times he plays with back to goal & shows young Zlatan-esque dribbling skills which in my view contradict his physical attributes (although I never watched him before).. is this justified?

This is more a side effect of the fact he has relative low CA, and the database doesn't handle well young players with high physical attributes.

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

This is more a side effect of the fact he has relative low CA, and the database doesn't handle well young players with high physical attributes.

But a player of his height should have a set jumping reach (like 15+) shouldnt he?

1 minute ago, DiasV said:

But a player of his height should have a set jumping reach (like 15+) shouldnt he?

Yes, ideally.

But that would up his CA several points too and make him a bit overrated compared to others. Ideally (in my opinion) physical attributes shouldn't be weighted as high as they are as it makes very complicated to balance CA and the attributes as you either have to overrated both or underrate both.

But I'll check him once I get the database back.

Maybe in your db

Clodoaldo (5261305) since 10/02/2017 is Manager U20 in Atletico FC (Colombia)

2 hours ago, makul said:

Maybe in your db

Clodoaldo (5261305) since 10/02/2017 is Manager U20 in Atletico FC (Colombia)

I'll move him once I get the database back.

Leyrielton (8833549) (unattached) plays for Raça Sport Brazil

source: http://www.fgf.esp.br/media/downloads/sumulas/321366.pdf

Edmilson (2111787) (unattached) plays for AA Portuguesa

source: http://www.portuguesasantista.com.br/futebol/elenco/

Amaral (2112759) (unattached) plays for Ferroviário Atlético Clube (CE)

source: https://www.ferroviario.com.br/2018/02/05/lateral-direito-amaral-assina-contrato-com-o-ferroviario/

17 minutes ago, td_1985 said:

Leyrielton (8833549) (unattached) plays for Raça Sport Brazil

source: http://www.fgf.esp.br/media/downloads/sumulas/321366.pdf

Edmilson (2111787) (unattached) plays for AA Portuguesa

source: http://www.portuguesasantista.com.br/futebol/elenco/

Amaral (2112759) (unattached) plays for Ferroviário Atlético Clube (CE)

source: https://www.ferroviario.com.br/2018/02/05/lateral-direito-amaral-assina-contrato-com-o-ferroviario/

Thanks! I checked them.

Leyrielton joined after the database was sent to SI, but I have found his contract duration.

Edmilson left Portuguesa Santista in April, according to the Brazilian FA, their (Portuguesa Santista) site is very outdated.

Amaral should indeed be moved to Ferroviário.

8 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Thanks! I checked them.

Leyrielton joined after the database was sent to SI, but I have found his contract duration.

Edmilson left Portuguesa Santista in April, according to the Brazilian FA their site is very outdated.

Amaral should indeed be moved to Ferroviário.

Thanks!

All teams in Brazil competitions, Brazilian National First Division, Brazilian National Second Division, Braz. Nat. Third Division and Braz. Nat. Fourth Div., have only three letters names. All Teams Braz. Nat. Lower Division is OK.1.thumb.jpg.cb8895573ffa00083341dce86cbf0f3f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.dc8b5115ff97408baeebbf81c3418cba.jpg3.thumb.jpg.6059eb960e7c94ecb0464120072c85a4.jpg4.thumb.jpg.a9f9b0b1adb534c0f09cb1f66c5c8c65.jpg

2 hours ago, blekyna said:

All teams in Brazil competitions, Brazilian National First Division, Brazilian National Second Division, Braz. Nat. Third Division and Braz. Nat. Fourth Div., have only three letters names. All Teams Braz. Nat. Lower Division is OK.1.thumb.jpg.cb8895573ffa00083341dce86cbf0f3f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.dc8b5115ff97408baeebbf81c3418cba.jpg3.thumb.jpg.6059eb960e7c94ecb0464120072c85a4.jpg4.thumb.jpg.a9f9b0b1adb534c0f09cb1f66c5c8c65.jpg

This is due to ongoing licensing issues.

On 23/10/2018 at 20:09, PMLF said:

Anyway, I asked it to be added (as well as his Italian nationality). 

Hi Paulo. My understanding is that De Arrascaeta should not have Basque nationality. The mentioned Ganea was, as you said, developed in the Basque country. De Arrascaeta has not, and he is thus not eligible for Athletic Club, as he does not fit the philosophy. If I am right, the only reason to have Basque nationality in-game is for those players to be on Athletic's pool

1 hour ago, eliseo said:

Hi Paulo. My understanding is that De Arrascaeta should not have Basque nationality. The mentioned Ganea was, as you said, developed in the Basque country. De Arrascaeta has not, and he is thus not eligible for Athletic Club, as he does not fit the philosophy. If I am right, the only reason to have Basque nationality in-game is for those players to be on Athletic's pool

I'll check and remove this when I get the database back, I think this is done on a player by player basis in real life.

There has been five years since the Chapecoense stadium was expanded and its name changed.

The new stadium name is "Arenda Condá", instead of "Regional Indío Condá" and the new capacity is 20,089 all seater (the max attendance was 19,175 in 2014). 

After the plane crash in 2016, plans of another capacity extension were announced. It's supposed to be done by 2021 and the new capacity would be of around 31,000. 

I live in Chapecó and know this to be a fact. Hope it's corrected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_Condá

https://globoesporte.globo.com/sc/futebol/times/chapecoense/noticia/chape-protocola-projetos-e-espera-liberacao-da-caixa-para-reforma-de-r-15-milhoes-na-arena-conda.ghtml

1 minute ago, lucasmedeiros said:

There has been five years since the Chapecoense stadium was expanded and its name changed.

The new stadium name is "Arenda Condá", instead of "Regional Indío Condá" and the new capacity is 20,089 all seater (the max attendance was 19,175 in 2014). 

After the plane crash in 2016, plans of another capacity extension were announced. It's supposed to be done by 2021 and the new capacity would be of around 31,000. 

I live in Chapecó and know this to be a fact. Hope it's corrected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_Condá

https://globoesporte.globo.com/sc/futebol/times/chapecoense/noticia/chape-protocola-projetos-e-espera-liberacao-da-caixa-para-reforma-de-r-15-milhoes-na-arena-conda.ghtml

Thanks, I'll change all that.

The average attendance of Ferroviário (CE) should be corrected. They were champions of the Brazilian Fourth Division this year and will be playing the 3rd in 2019. Their average attendance was of 2,307., (the largest in decades!) and their best attendance was of 6,407 in the Final. But in FM the average attendance set as 5,000 for many years and its maximun attendance is 10,000. I don't believe there's this much Ferroviário fans at all!!

Hope you can take a look at this! 

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Brasileiro_de_Futebol_de_2018_-_Série_D#Médias_de_público

Edited by lucasmedeiros

1 minute ago, lucasmedeiros said:

The average attendance of Ferroviário (CE) should be corrected. They were champions of the Brazilian Fourth Division this year and will be playing the 3rd in 2019. Their average attendance was of 2,307., (the largest in decades!) and their best attendance was of 6,407 in the Final. But in FM the average attendance set as 5,000 for many years and its maximun attendance is 10,000. I don't believe there's this much Ferroviário fans at all!!

Hope you can take a look at this! 

I'll take a look at this.

1 minute ago, talhak said:

He doesn't directly says that it's his favorite number (he only says that he likes it) but I think it's fair enough to add it as his favorite number.

Hi, not a data issue but something you might want to add for a futur patch. Hope it helps.

Cris (ID: 3301196), based in Brazil is looking for a job as assistant manager in L1 & L2 in France. He's doing a lot of interview in France and showing himself.

source: 

2 hours ago, CWaka said:

Hi, not a data issue but something you might want to add for a futur patch. Hope it helps.

Cris (ID: 3301196), based in Brazil is looking for a job as assistant manager in L1 & L2 in France. He's doing a lot of interview in France and showing himself.

source: 

Thanks for letting me know, I'll change him to be an assistant manager once I get the database back.

Good night! I noticed an error in the formula of contention of the state championship of Pará. In the semifinals, the clubs that are eliminated play a playoff later, called "dispute of the third place".
This playoff gives a place in the Brazil Cup of the following year. In earlier versions of FM, as in # 17, this dispute happened, but I noticed that it simply does not exist in the current version of the game. It is the suggestion for the return of this formula, since currently the championship is still disputed this way. 
If I have posted in the wrong place, please move to the correct post.

Edited by Gustavo Cardoso Vilhena

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this observation but Palmeiras are showing as playing in red whereas as the club colours are actually green

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this observation but Palmeiras are showing as playing in red whereas as the club colours are actually green

All clubs have wrong colors and wrong names due to licensing issues.

4 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

2 hours ago, PMLF said:

All clubs have wrong colors and wrong names due to licensing issues.

Thank you for the clarification.

any idea why Carlos Vinícius 96142112 is based in poland? 

9 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

any idea why Carlos Vinícius 96142112 is based in poland? 

I think it's  because he was in talks or something with some Polish club so he would stay in Poland's database: http://www.concordia.elblag.pl/artykuly/trzeci-letni-transfer-concordii-klub-podpisal-umowe-z-utalentowanym-pomocnikiem-z-brazylii,1319.htm

But I don't think there is any need to make him be based in Poland anymore.

6 minutes ago, PMLF said:

I think it's  because he was in talks or something with some Polish club so he would stay in Poland's database: http://www.concordia.elblag.pl/artykuly/trzeci-letni-transfer-concordii-klub-podpisal-umowe-z-utalentowanym-pomocnikiem-z-brazylii,1319.htm

But I don't think there is any need to make him be based in Poland anymore.

ah yes, I've checked deeper and he was signed but turned out that couldn't be registered so he departed.