Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[England National League North – Level 6] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to England National League North – Level 6 here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research. 

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                       

Please note that any non-data issues for England National League North – Level 6 should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I couldn't find anywhere else which seemed appropriate.

The Chester FC badge used in the game is the old Chester City badge rather than the current Chester FC badge. 

16 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Also on Chester FC Anthony Johnson is joint manager with Bernard Morley not assistant  

Afaik the game doesn't allow for 'joint' managers. At Brentford last season we had joint assistant managers, for example, so the newer of the two went in to the FM database as a standard coach ( with a salary matching the other assistant).

Have seen it raised elsewhere on Twitter, but Chester FC’s badge is that of the former Chester City. Also only displays Bernard Morley as manager, not Anthony Johnson in addition, although I’m not sure if the game allows joint-managers.

We cannot accommodate joint managers in Football Manager so we've had to pick one of them to be the manager in the game. If you look at Johnson's history in the game you'll see he's been recorded as manager of Salford, Ramsbottom and now Chester.

The Chester badge issue is more of a graphics issue which I'm sure is being dealt with.

Guiseley AFC:

Backroom Staff/Board Level:

• Marcus Bignot (manager) - his contract currently starts 1/6/2011. This need changing to 15/5/2018 to match up with Russ O'Neill as the date they were appointed at the club.
  • Marcus Bignot's preferred formations should be 4-2-3-1DM with 4-4-2 as his second preference. 
  • James Pickles is currently down as Chairman - needs to be changed to 'General Manager' (I've seen FCUM are the only club in the VNL/VNLN with a General Manager within the game, but that role most accurately reflects James Pickles role at GAFC). See: http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/staff-officials/
  • U18s Staff - Assistant Manager Stuart Gray, and Coach Colin Seal both need to be removed. Neither are currently involved with the club. Departure for Both 30/6/2018

Playing staff:

• Key Player - currently down as Alex-Ray Harvey. This should be changed to Will Hatfield, as ARH wasn't considered a first team player this season until Alfreton (A) when he made his first appearance of the season. Hatfield has been a regular starter at the club since his arrival in 2015.
  • Central defender Jo Cummings has joined the club on loan from Charlton Athletic
  • Left back Louie Swain has left the club by mutual consent due to injury sustained in pre-season, which will keep him out for the season. Evidence: http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/jo-comes-in-as-swain-departs/ - Both 17th October 2018.
  • Joe Green is the clubs number 1 goalkeeper, with Jon Worsnop being backup/goalkeeper coach. Having simulated a full season in, Green made 1 sub app, which doesn't reflect real life. 

Player positional changes:

• Will Thornton - LB needs reducing to make his best and natural position as being a centre back. Has played at centre half last season out on loan at Farsley, and has been a regular starter at central defence this season. 
  • Alex-Ray Harvey - needs a slight increase in ability at Left-Midfield. It has been his main position so far this season.

Other National League North stuff:

Edited by Chris1803
Departure dates added.

3 hours ago, Chris1803 said:

Guiseley AFC:

Backroom Staff/Board Level:

• Marcus Bignot (manager) - his contract currently starts 1/6/2011. This need changing to 15/5/2018 to match up with Russ O'Neill as the date they were appointed at the club.
  • Marcus Bignot's preferred formations should be 4-2-3-1DM with 4-4-2 as his second preference. 
  • James Pickles is currently down as Chairman - needs to be changed to 'General Manager' (I've seen FCUM are the only club in the VNL/VNLN with a General Manager within the game, but that role most accurately reflects James Pickles role at GAFC). See: http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/staff-officials/
  • U18s Staff - Assistant Manager Stuart Gray, and Coach Colin Seal both need to be removed. Neither are currently involved with the club. 

Playing staff:

• Key Player - currently down as Alex-Ray Harvey. This should be changed to Will Hatfield, as ARH wasn't considered a first team player this season until Alfreton (A) when he made his first appearance of the season. Hatfield has been a regular starter at the club since his arrival in 2015.
  • Central defender Jo Cummings has joined the club on loan from Charlton Athletic
  • Left back Louie Swain has left the club by mutual consent due to injury sustained in pre-season, which will keep him out for the season. Evidence: http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/jo-comes-in-as-swain-departs/
  • Joe Green is the clubs number 1 goalkeeper, with Jon Worsnop being backup/goalkeeper coach. Having simulated a full season in, Green made 1 sub app, which doesn't reflect real life. 

Player positional changes:

• Will Thornton - LB needs reducing to make his best and natural position as being a centre back. Has played at centre half last season out on loan at Farsley, and has been a regular starter at central defence this season. 
  • Alex-Ray Harvey - needs a slight increase in ability at Left-Midfield. It has been his main position so far this season.

Other National League North stuff:

Jonny Margetts has left Boston to join Gainsborough today 23/10/18

DATES OF TRANSFERS, loans, departures, contracts, signings, sackings etc, please.

We are extremely busy, and it just means less will get done as we have to go out of our way to find transfer dates etc when they are not listed properly in here.

No loans starting Sept 1st or later please.

24 minutes ago, Gripper said:

DATES OF TRANSFERS, loans, departures, contracts, signings, sackings etc, please.

We are extremely busy, and it just means less will get done as we have to go out of our way to find transfer dates etc when they are not listed properly in here.

No loans starting Sept 1st or later please.

I've added known departure dates etc onto my previous post for you now. 

Thanks, 

Chris. 

3 hours ago, pickyimp said:

Jonny Margetts has left Boston to join Gainsborough today 23/10/18

This is a short term loan deal but thanks.

1 minute ago, Gingerbread Man said:

This is a short term loan deal but thanks.

Apologies the Lincs echo made it out as a permanent deal

Just a minor one I've noticed for Alfreton Town. 

Their stadium is in the database as North Street, however the the full name is actually "The Impact Arena" and has been for a number of years now. 

On 23/10/2018 at 16:54, pickyimp said:

Apologies the Lincs echo made it out as a permanent deal

3 month loan, and may well be recalled if he proves his fitness/ability in the mean time!

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

3 month loan, and may well be recalled if he proves his fitness/ability in the mean time!

Yeah seen. Echo reported it as permanent!

1 minute ago, pickyimp said:

Yeah seen. Echo reported it as permanent!

Probably too busy thinking of Lincoln City articles to care about fact-finding :onmehead:

Back on topic :stop:

Boston data:

Goalkeeper Sebastian Malkowski still has his ACL injury in the game (out for whole season), he is now fit and has played for Wombwell Town (3 times) and BUFC (1 sub appearance) so far this season.

Cieron Keane should be transferred to Basford United (non-contract). Westcarr's loan spell in game, should be converted to a non-contract permanent move. Both still have their registrations held by BUFC for Conference North, but have disappeared off the squad list.

Nicky Walker should be left-footed (this is my mistake!)

James Bowen (Leamington) is missing his history from last season.

He made 11 league appearances scoring 1 goal for Hereford before leaving for Solihull Moors on 17/10/2017.

He made 10 league appearances without scoring for Solihill in the 17/18 season.

He re-joined Hereford on loan on 06/02/2018 where he made a further seven appearances without scoring between then and the end of the season.

Chester data:

Matty Hughes (ST Chester) is out for the season with an ACL injury. Injured on 2 Oct in game against Hereford.

Dan Mooney (Fleetwood) has had his loan extended to the end of the season, he can still, and does,  play for Fleetwood U23s  though

FC United of Manchester:

In the game they have no reserve team (U23 or U21). According to their website they have a U21 team.

This is kind of killing the idea of building up the team, since it is not a possibility to ask for a reserve team.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/fixtures.php?team=9

Chester data....

Matty Hughes wasn't injured until October, so shouldn't be injured at the start of the game in July

Simon Grand played the first 3 games this season on the left of a 3 man defence, and has played every other game as left back in a flat back 4. In game he can only play CB.

John Pritchard is listed as a left back, he is in fact a left winger, and all his appearances have come on the left wing apart from the first 3 games where he was left wing back in a 3-5-2 formation.

Sean Miller is signed on non contact terms. He is also dual registered with Droylesden, although I don't think that's programmed in the game.

John Moran has played both at centre back and right back. Checking the stats, he has made half his appearances as a right back. He should therefore be accomplished at RB.

I watch the youth team a lot, and its good you have Matthew Thompson, Rhian Hellawell and Lloyd Marsh Hughes as relative high potential players. However the two brightest hopes in the youth team are Cain Noble and Iwan Murray, especially Murray. The feeling is Murray can make the football league easily. I realise this is subjective, as further evidence I would add that the Chester FC researcher missed the potential of Sam Hughes, I had to point this out on the bugs forum for FM17, and in that summer he transferred to Leicester City for roughly £150k up front, with lots of add ons. The researchers also missed the potential of James Jones (went to Salford City for 15k, 25% sell on plus Scott Burton, who Salford wanted £15k from Southport for this summer) and Tom Crawford (signed for £20k ish and sell on fee by Notts County) in last years version.

Financially we have a bank loan of 90k in game. In real life this never happened, so needs to be removed. Also we have Stuart Murphy, a local businessman, putting in £1million over the next 3 years. For legal reasons this is going down as sponsorship. This needs to be included.

Finally, we have no transfer clauses in that section, IRL we have a 30% sell on fee for Sam Hughes, and a 25% sell on fee for Tom Crawford and James Jones. Additionally, Leicester City have to pay us £50k per season for 3 seasons, so there is one left to pay, and we also receive future fees in Sam Hughes makes a premiership appearance, an England appearance, and if Leicester win a trophy. All this is not in the game.

Sorry this is long winded, but I have included evidence for all my points and would love to see Chester accurate for the first time in a long time as in the past I have even had to correct basic info like the capacity of the stadium via the bugs forum.

Thanks, Mike.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:25, chestermike said:

Chester data....

Matty Hughes wasn't injured until October, so shouldn't be injured at the start of the game in July

Simon Grand played the first 3 games this season on the left of a 3 man defence, and has played every other game as left back in a flat back 4. In game he can only play CB.

John Pritchard is listed as a left back, he is in fact a left winger, and all his appearances have come on the left wing apart from the first 3 games where he was left wing back in a 3-5-2 formation.

Sean Miller is signed on non contact terms. He is also dual registered with Droylesden, although I don't think that's programmed in the game.

John Moran has played both at centre back and right back. Checking the stats, he has made half his appearances as a right back. He should therefore be accomplished at RB.

I watch the youth team a lot, and its good you have Matthew Thompson, Rhian Hellawell and Lloyd Marsh Hughes as relative high potential players. However the two brightest hopes in the youth team are Cain Noble and Iwan Murray, especially Murray. The feeling is Murray can make the football league easily. I realise this is subjective, as further evidence I would add that the Chester FC researcher missed the potential of Sam Hughes, I had to point this out on the bugs forum for FM17, and in that summer he transferred to Leicester City for roughly £150k up front, with lots of add ons. The researchers also missed the potential of James Jones (went to Salford City for 15k, 25% sell on plus Scott Burton, who Salford wanted £15k from Southport for this summer) and Tom Crawford (signed for £20k ish and sell on fee by Notts County) in last years version.

Financially we have a bank loan of 90k in game. In real life this never happened, so needs to be removed. Also we have Stuart Murphy, a local businessman, putting in £1million over the next 3 years. For legal reasons this is going down as sponsorship. This needs to be included.

Finally, we have no transfer clauses in that section, IRL we have a 30% sell on fee for Sam Hughes, and a 25% sell on fee for Tom Crawford and James Jones. Additionally, Leicester City have to pay us £50k per season for 3 seasons, so there is one left to pay, and we also receive future fees in Sam Hughes makes a premiership appearance, an England appearance, and if Leicester win a trophy. All this is not in the game.

Sorry this is long winded, but I have included evidence for all my points and would love to see Chester accurate for the first time in a long time as in the past I have even had to correct basic info like the capacity of the stadium via the bugs forum.

Thanks, Mike.

Thankyou this is interesting info and I'll make sure this gets looked at.

Not sure if this is the correct place, but with Chorley I repeatedly receive an inbox item regarding coaching assignments for Chorley Under 23's. However Chorley do not have an Under 23 team in the game.

Chorley U23s.png

Darlington FC - Blackwell Meadows information is incorrect;

On FM19 the stadium is 3,000 (149 seated)

In reality, it's official attendance is 3,300 (588 seated)

Reece Styche has also recently left the club to join Alfreton

Middlesbrough U23 goalkeeper Zach Hemming has joined the club this week on a short term loan, length of loan TBC

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:39, Gingerbread Man said:

Thankyou this is interesting info and I'll make sure this gets looked at.

Evidence...

Sam hughes https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chester-fc-defender-sam-hughes-13163733

Tom Crawford's sell on fee https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-crawford-move-notts-county-14728315

Connor King is also on non contract terms 

Stuart Murphy donation https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chester-fc-stuart-murphy-speaks-14805123

Chester FC issues:

Rhain Hellawell’s name spelt wrong. It is spelt Rhain but in game it is spelt Rhian. Also, I think his DOB is wrong because he has signed a professional contract.

Iwan Murray, Rhain Hellawell, Alex Downes and Matthew Thomson all have professional contracts.

Emmanuel Dieseruvwe is on loan from Salford for 1 month to Chester.

Alex Downes and Nathan Brown are on loan to Colwyn Bay not Ramsbottom.

Dan Mooney’s loan spell is to the end of the season.

Matty Waters on loan to Runcorn Town.

Thanks

Short-term loans are never included in FM.

Please everyone. Can you explain the DATES of items you are posting about. The database requires that dates of transfers, releases, contracts etc all require a date to be entered.

1 hour ago, Gripper said:

Short-term loans are never included in FM.

Please everyone. Can you explain the DATES of items you are posting about. The database requires that dates of transfers, releases, contracts etc all require a date to be entered.

James Jones moved from Chester to Salford City on 27th June 2018. http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/06/

Tom Crawford moved to Notts County on 30th May 2018 http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/05/

Sam Hughes signed for Leicester on 9th June 2017 http://www.chesterfc.com/?s=sam+hughes

The £1 million donation from Stuart Murphy was confirmed on 19th June 2018 http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/06/19/cfu-statement-donation-agreement/

As for evidence that the club never taken out the £90k bank loan that has mysteriously appeared in the game, here is a link to our published accounts after the AGM on September 27th 2018. https://cityfansunited.com/docs/2018-CFU-financial-report.pdf

As you can see we have cash assets of over £200k, and that before the £1 million donation from Stuart Murphy.

Edited by chestermike
additional info added

Hereford FC

Players:

Staff:

• There is currently no staff included for the U18 squad. Current Staff:

- Dan Chance - U18 Head Coach

- Simon Phillips- U18 Assistant

- Johnny Evans - Physio/Sports Therapist (same as senior squad).

https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/coaches/

Club:

• The A49 Derby of Hereford Vs Shrewsbury should be listed. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A49_derby
  • The clubs Key Player should be changed to Kieran Thomas. Kieran has been our player of the season so far. https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/news-thomas-signs-contract-with-bulls/
  • The Hot Prospect should be George Lloyd as the clubs current selected hot prospect on the game Jamie Bird has been released from the club. 
  • Hereford’s away shirt on the game has Jewson as the shirt sponsor. This was the clubs sponsor from last season and doesn’t match the current correct sponsor (Central Roofing) for this season that the home kit has on the game. The game has the away kit with black shorts and yellow socks, this combination hasn’t been worn. The away kit should have yellow shorts with either black socks or yellow socks or it should have black shorts with black socks as these are the different combinations worn.

hfc1.thumb.jpg.01a1bc1bada59d5489023ab1308b14d4.jpghfc2.thumb.jpg.f95b826ea92efc5d43fce7257408ce39.jpg   hfc3.thumb.jpg.960006b61aa033648279848286590dee.jpg

• The clubs home kit has black socks, but in the game they’re white. The design graphics for the home shirt is also missing a large black stripe that goes from the front and around back of the shoulder down to the hip.

hfc4.thumb.jpg.0fea657229f0205a8e10a479fc8a2138.jpghfc5.thumb.jpg.530a7bb1d73bc495809bd3c0d08c37ed.jpg

I hope these points help and will be modified as it’ll make the game more realistic for me. (Apologies if some of this information isn’t supposed to be posted in the section of the forum, I just felt that here would be most suitable, as it’s all Hereford FC related and mainly club data). 

Thank you.

Edited by GKE20

Note to everyone:
LOANS THAT STARTED AFTER SEPT 1ST WILL NOT BE INCLUDED SO PLEASE STOP REPORTING THEM!

Also, please input dates in your actual message (eg Rodney Longtrousers signed for Village Athletic on 3rd October). 

Is Dan Mooney going to be added back to Chester FC squad?

He was with us on the BETA.

He only went back Fleetwood for one match and is on a season long loan with us now.

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2018/july/dan-mooney-joins-chester-fc-on-loan-until-january/

http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/10/22/breaking-dan-mooney-extends-loan-stay-for-remainder-of-season/

He's always been with us and was recalled for one game in EFL Trophy.

Edited by TommyG
spelling

@GKE20

Thanks for the post.

As has been mentioned multiple times in this very thread short term loans such as Yates, Wassall, Finn and Lloyd are not included in the database. The same goes for Adam Hockey at Lads Club, Brandon Powell at Pegasus and Harry Franklin at Redditch.

Unfortunately the transfers of James Roberts, Tommy O'Sullivan and Tom Owen-Evans to Hereford happened after the data was locked so that's why they are not in the squad.

The same goes for Jordan Lam, Jamie Bird and Lewis Hall, their departures came too late to be included for the release date.

It is up to the individual clubs to provide images of players so presumably Bristol City did not send one of Smith and the same from Gloucester for Morford.

The change of captain from Liburd to Smith again was after data lock so couldn't be included.

James Watts is set as general manager in the database however there is an issue within the game that is making GM's come up as chairman.

Jonny Evans has dual roles as he has a secondary role of youth physio set in his profile. But I will get the other staff added when possible.

Researcher's don't set which players are key players or hot prospects, that is down to their ability and reputation. Thomas' ability and stats are currently based on how the Gloucester researcher rated him last season and if he continues to play like he has then he will probably be increased for the January update as he has been our best player but that's not saying a great deal at the moment!

I'm not sure what is happening with the away kit as I've just checked my files and both the shorts and socks were set to black but the home socks are my error so apologies for that. I'm also not sure why Jewson is still appearing as I removed all trace of them and replaced it with Central Roofing.

Edited by Timma

@Timma 

Thanks for clearing that up for me. For the things that can be changed, when will that be likely to happen? (Just wondering if it’s best to wait to start my Hereford save or just go ahead and start it now if it’s going to be a while yet).

The next data update, except for emergencies, is after the January transfer window. You can always make the changes yourself in the pre-game editor.

I am only playing the demo at the moment so no access to the editor to check the following;

Bob McLement (ID:95034456) - Chief Scout

Bill East (ID:95034457) - Scout

Chris Rowley (ID:29015272) - U23 Manager

All the these staff have no wage for their month to month contract but do receive a £50 apprearance fee as a bonus, I assume the appearance fee should be his wage? If there is no wage or appearance fee set in the data please move this post to the Transfers & Contracts section so that the game code can reviewed.

[ENGLAND] Altrincham Data Issue

Medical Staff:

• The Head Physio at Altrincham is in fact Tommy Uda not Ryan Murray. Ryan is Head of Sports Science in fact. This has been the case from the summer of 2017.

Coaching Staff:

• The Goalkeeper Coach is actually Chris Parkes not Ian Senior, this has been as such since August this year.

Edited by Tomyu

Chester's Joe Edwards (95038219) seems to have moved to Bala town. (http://www.balatownfc.co.uk/2017/10/19/edwards-puts-pen-to-paper-with-the-lakesiders/)

Chester's Kai Wallis (74049941) is now at Flint Town United. (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/flinttownunited/teams/33913/player/kai-wallis-2031613)

Chester's Rhian Hellawell (90084099) is actually spelled "Rhain" (http://www.chesterfc.com/player/rhain-hellawell/)

Edited by NG39
+Hellawell

On 29/11/2018 at 20:57, @rob_peat said:

image.thumb.png.22f3211710d7ed84bedcbbfe416b18ed.png

Is this okay?

Thats the right way round for the images, its just the text below thats in the wrong colour.

The white kit is first choice away kit, the yellow one is the 3rd kit.