Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Germany] Data Issues

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Toppdas:

hr-online and bild writes over the clausel for  Luca Jovic, that it's not 12 Mio. Bild speaks from 6 Mio and Hübner said, it's less then 12 Mio

That's too uncertain to lower the fee to buy in the database at this point. We'll have to wait until more detailed information emerges.

Best regards

Daniel

NIiko kovac does not have play out of defense as part of his tendencies. bayern always plays out of defense, but in fm 19 his wrong tendency is ruining their style of play

2 hours ago, jinodu80 said:

NIiko kovac does not have play out of defense as part of his tendencies. bayern always plays out of defense, but in fm 19 his wrong tendency is ruining their style of play

Last year when he coached Frankfurt he rarely instructed them to play that way though, even going so far as playing extreme hoof ball at times (against Dortmund last season for example,) so you can't say the fact that he doesn't have that preference for playing out of defense ingame is wrong, as they're based on past season's data. He simply utilizes the current players at his disposal the way he thinks will suit them best. That the AI Kovac ingame was incapable to make such decision, is another matter.

Speaking of Frankfurt, I think Sébastien Haller wasn't being represented well enough in game.

His Finishing, Balance and Strength are all too high in my opinion, especially if you consider that his shot accuracy last season was just at 45% on target and he wasn't very steady in holding the ball under pressure nor winning tighter aerial duels (although his height and lankiness do helped him winning almost 48% of his headers quite a bit). Reducing 1 point from his Finishing, 2 points from his Balance and 3 points from his Strength should be fair.

On the other hand, his Teamwork and Work Rate deserve some boosts, as he always looks to be involved in most stages of play and try to link up with and fashioning chances for his teammates. And especially if we take his performances so far this season into account, he already made a healthy number of assists, even managed to provide 5 for his teammates in his last 4 official matches. Adding 3 points for Teamwork and 4 for Work Rate should be fair, I believe.

Then there's Ante Rebic. I think his technical displays were quite inconsistent (even though when he did pull them off he did them well,) so perhaps reductions in both Composure and First Touch by 2 points should be fair.

Also, he consistently displays a feisty presence on the pitch, pressing the opposition defense and regularly committing fouls, so I believe he deserved 4 extra points to his Aggression and 2 extra points to his Work Rate.

Lastly, this season he often operates on the right side of the wing area and generally performed well there, so a Competent to Accomplished rating for the AMR position should be fair.

Hopefully these are worthy enough for your considerations. Cheers :)

vor 27 Minuten schrieb bangkonggedek:

Last year when he coached Frankfurt he rarely instructed them to play that way though, even going so far as playing extreme hoof ball at times (against Dortmund last season for example,) so you can't say the fact that he doesn't have that preference for playing out of defense ingame is wrong, as they're based on past season's data. He simply utilizes the current players at his disposal the way he thinks will suit them best. That the AI Kovac ingame was incapable to make such decision, is another matter.

Speaking of Frankfurt, I think Sébastien Haller wasn't being represented well enough in game.

His Finishing, Balance and Strength are all too high in my opinion, especially if you consider that his shot accuracy last season was just at 45% on target and he wasn't very steady in holding the ball under pressure nor winning tighter aerial duels (although his height and lankiness do helped him winning almost 48% of his headers quite a bit). Reducing 1 point from his Finishing, 2 points from his Balance and 3 points from his Strength should be fair.

On the other hand, his Teamwork and Work Rate deserve some boosts, as he always looks to be involved in most stages of play and try to link up with and fashioning chances for his teammates. And especially if we take his performances so far this season into account, he already made a healthy number of assists, even managed to provide 5 for his teammates in his last 4 official matches. Adding 3 points for Teamwork and 4 for Work Rate should be fair, I believe.

Then there's Ante Rebic. I think his technical displays were quite inconsistent (even though when he did pull them off he did them well,) so perhaps reductions in both Composure and First Touch by 2 points should be fair.

Also, he consistently displays a feisty presence on the pitch, pressing the opposition defense and regularly committing fouls, so I believe he deserved 4 extra points to his Aggression and 2 extra points to his Work Rate.

Lastly, this season he often operates on the right side of the wing area and generally performed well there, so a Competent to Accomplished rating for the AMR position should be fair.

Hopefully these are worthy enough for your considerations. Cheers :)

Hi,

your explanation about Niko Kovac's tactical preferences are spot on!

I can see where you're coming from with Sébastien Haller and Ante Rebic. I'm taking your suggestions into account but some of them seem to extreme to me (for example decreasing Haller's strength and balance by three points each). Haller is a tall and robust forward. This has always been pointed out by Bobic and Kovac. Rebic's inconsistent technical abilities are mainly a question of concentration. Lack of concentration and consistency has been an issue for his whole career so far. Same is true for his work rate.

I'm going to take another look at the two players. Hope you will like their adjusted profile after the next data update.

Best regards,

Daniel

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Miles_DE:

Hertha BSC

The Press Officer is not Sofia Deusch.

Since 2016 it is Marcus 'Max' Jung

https://www.herthabsc.de/de/intern/verpflichtung-max-jung/page/11321--17-17-.html#.V_kOcrUf_uQ

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Jung

Marvin Plattenhardt

he is ingame to bad for a ML at the roles. But Hertha can play a 3-5-2 formation, so Marvin is then a winger and makes a good job on this position, because he is a DL who play anytime offensive and hits crosses. 

The Same for Maximilian Mittelstädt.

---------------------------------------------------

Salomon Kalou can play on left side as inside forward. His role is to bad ingame

The same for Mathew Leckie

Hi,

thanks for your feedback to Hertha. We don't have "Press Officers" in our database, they are always automatically generated by the FM when you start a new career. I do agree with your comment on Kalou that he can play on the left side around as well as on the right side so that will be noted for a future database update. 
Plattenhardts ML is already "accomplished" on the game start which feels just right to me. He clearly prefers playing as a D(L) in a 4-defense-line. (His ML position is set to 15/20). The same goes for Mittelstädt. While he had some games playing as ML/AML recently, he performs better when playing as D(L).
Leckie plays nearly all the time on the right side for Hertha and his AM(L) position is set to 17 which is absolutely okay imo. 

When the game says "accomplished" to a position I think it will always be atleast 15/20 on that positional skill.

Cheers!

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Moppa:

The stadium name of Fortuna Düsseldorf changed from "ESPRIT arena" (2009–2018) to "Merkur Spiel-Arena" (2018-now).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkur_Spiel-Arena

The answer to that and other stadium names is easy: Licencing issues. I'm sorry but we're not allowed to use the full/sponsored names in a lot of cases.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb gijsvanboven:

We don't create every Regionalliga player. Jonas Hupe is the third goalkeeper and won't be created. Hanke and Konate are already a bit older and I doubt they will have a career at a higher level. Burggraff and Tekiela are under review. Rente will be created.

For 1. FC Magdeburg there is a photo issue. We have a first team player Mergim Berisha, but his picture has been assigned to youth player Bleron Berisha (who shouldn't have one).

Dear People, since i play footballmanager i always know about one mistake wich is just... strange how it can still be there, i mean  why nobody realised that Georg Teigl (Augsburg) is right footed wich makes him the typical fast sprinter on the right wing but NOT the perfect in inverse wingback.

Year for year i hope you fix this but since its still there in this beta of fm 19 and you guys have even bundesliga licences PLEASE change it!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Joker111:

Dear People, since i play footballmanager i always know about one mistake wich is just... strange how it can still be there, i mean  why nobody realised that Georg Teigl (Augsburg) is right footed wich makes him the typical fast sprinter on the right wing but NOT the perfect in inverse wingback.

Year for year i hope you fix this but since its still there in this beta of fm 19 and you guys have even bundesliga licences PLEASE change it!

Good spot! Fixed for future data updates. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy the Bundesliga in FM 2019!

Best regards,
Daniel

Johannes Focher (35011181) was deleted for FM19 even though he transferred to a team RSV Meinerzhagen (91189602) that is in the DB

Hi,

ich habe einen alten Spielstand geladen. Plötzlich haben viele Spieler neue Namen erhalten. Siehe Foto. Shinji Kagawa heisst jetzt Shinji MAKINO zum Beispiel....

i started an old saved Data and the names seems to be changed. Kagawa is named MAKINO and so on. What happened?

image.thumb.png.152a19279f9e3542b345fd0fb1115618.png

I started my save as Dortmund and opted to freeze transfers in the first window, January has now arrived and I was expecting my purse to be large to fund transfers however my budget is £0 surely this cannot be right for one of Germanys leading clubs?!

It is going to be a long second half to my season now :( 

I personally feel that Weigl's stats are a bit inaccurate, mainly his passing is too low and his mental attributes too high.

Passing: 14->16 (Despite torrid season, passing is still as good as ever)

Stamina: 17->15 (lack of physique hinders his stamina and sometimes looks lethargic)

Concentration: 16->15 (exposed last season)

Decisions: 18->17 

Acceleration: 10->9 

Pace: 12->14 (clocked in at 34.63 km/h last season, top 20 fastest in Bundesliga)

As a small note, Hakimi also deserves a small crossing upgrade from 10->12. In 5 starts, Hakimi has amassed 5 assists, with 3 of them from good crosses.

Hello,

since I am a Gladbach fan I noticed that the capacity of the Borussia Park is 54.010 in the game while in reality the stadium

has a capacity of 54.022.

15 minutes ago, elfleo7 said:

Hello,

since I am a Gladbach fan I noticed that the capacity of the Borussia Park is 54.010 in the game while in reality the stadium

has a capacity of 54.022.

Capacities are set for us under the terms of the license.

Apologies to the 12 people who cannot get in!

Isn't 13 pace a little too low for Jadon Sancho? Looking at how many CB's in the league have 13 or more pace, I reckon it should perhaps be a little higher.

Manfred Petz is not a Scout in real life. H is training the Goalkeepers at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Markus Weinzierl is not Trainer of Stuttgart for the last 14 years. ;)

Keep up the good work. Thanks guys.

12 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

Isn't 13 pace a little too low for Jadon Sancho? Looking at how many CB's in the league have 13 or more pace, I reckon it should perhaps be a little higher.

Not at all, his top speed really isn't that fast, but he is very agile and quick in bursts of movements, and the game already got that fairly represented. Also I don't see how does bringing up the other CBs' pace got anything to do with the argument. Being big ≠ slow top speed, and Bundesliga really does have some pretty damn fast CBs when it comes to top speed, if not the acceleration.

A slight increase in Decisions wouldn't hurt though. He's a pretty smart player.

1 hora atrás, bangkonggedek disse:

Not at all, his top speed really isn't that fast, but he is very agile and quick in bursts of movements, and the game already got that fairly represented. Also I don't see how does bringing up the other CBs' pace got anything to do with the argument. Being big ≠ slow top speed, and Bundesliga really does have some pretty damn fast CBs when it comes to top speed, if not the acceleration.

A slight increase in Decisions wouldn't hurt though. He's a pretty smart player.

I brought up the CB's pace simply because there are so many in the league that have atleast 13 pace and I doubt all of them are as fast as Sancho, I'm not a talking about the ones who have 16 and 17 who I'm sure are all fast IRL and it has nothing to do with size, just with the fact that pace isn't as important on a CB as it is on a Winger although acceleration and agility are still more important but ok, I'm not a researcher so I wont say its right or wrong, just something I noticed and felt like it should be mentioned. I remember Mertsacker having 14 pace or so back in FM11 when he was still in the Bundesliga so that's why this came to my mind.

I noticed that around 80% of the centre backs in the Bundesliga have 13 or more pace, its the only league in which I see so many pacy CB's, doesn't mean they aren't fairly rated but surely there are quick CB's on other leagues as well but only in Germany you see so many CB's with 16, 17 and some even with 18 pace. Varane is one of the quickest CB's in the world and has 16.

6 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

I noticed that around 80% of the centre backs in the Bundesliga have 13 or more pace, its the only league in which I see so many pacy CB's, doesn't mean they aren't fairly rated but surely there are quick CB's on other leagues as well but only in Germany you see so many CB's with 16, 17 and some even with 18 pace. Varane is one of the quickest CB's in the world and has 16.

I'm sure there are plenty of CBs in other leagues who are very fast as well especially if the players' data from their performances in training are easily accessible to the researchers, it's just that in Bundesliga they're more easily observable because the games for the most part are pretty open, and many teams are using high defensive lines and counter pressing strategy so there's many instances where the CBs had to chase the ball/onrushing forwards as fast as they can.

Also Mertesacker are decent enough when it comes to top speed actually... He's bloody glacial in accelerating and turning though:kriss:

Having said all that, I've just seen from one of Bundesliga's video that Sancho was in fact had improved in his top speed department and now clocked as Dortmund's fastest player, so an increase in Pace might be justified after all :thup:

7 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

That is funny because I didn't even knew about Sancho achieving that, just felt like 13 was a bit too low but yeah, now its justified with actual real life data and ultimately that means a lot more than just me saying that I think he deserves more pace. Regarding my topic on the CB's, I do understand and agree with it, in fact I feel like pace is better rated by the Germany researchers than anywhere else in the game because you often see players getting pace upgrades when they move to the Bundesliga, Akanji for example, Dortmund's january signing last season, he is a pretty quick CB yet before the winter transfer update he only had 13 or 14 for pace when he was still at Basel and now he has 17. Same for Joshua Brenet, who is also quite fast, he has now 17 pace which is accurate but before moving to Hoffenheim he only had 14 at PSV. I'm sure that if Varane moved to Bayern, he would get an 18, possibly even a 19. That said, I think German researchers have an extra concern at representing accurately how fast a player truly is. The problem here is probably the fact that pace is so CA heavy in the game so it often has to be sacrificed in order for a player not to surpass a certain established CA level for him, atleast that's how I feel about it.

I agree with both you guys, given how good Sancho is right now, I would say a pace increase to 15 would be fair. Even though CA would increase quite a bit, it would be deserved considering that Sancho has already become better than Pulisic due to his superior vision, decision-making, and end product (in real life at least).

On 27/10/2018 at 02:32, CEVR1996 said:

Seconded. As evidenced by Kevin Vogt this weekend, who couldn´t even keep up with an aging Mario Gomez :D

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Seconded. As evidenced by Kevin Vogt this weekend, who couldn´t even keep up with an aging Mario Gomez :D

Haven't watched that match myself, but in what sort of scenario did this happening? If it's on a sprinting competition between the two over a decent distance then it's Mario's Pace that deserves a significant boost, as can be seen on many occasions that Vogt can confidently outpace the speedier sort of players in this sort of situations. His bursts and turning speed is pretty bad though, so that excellent pace of his basically contributing next to nothing when it comes to defending the areas within and around the penalty box :lol:

3 minutes ago, bangkonggedek said:

Haven't watched that match myself, but in what sort of scenario did this happening? If it's on a sprinting competition between the two over a decent distance then it's Mario's Pace that deserves a significant boost, as can be seen on many occasions that Vogt can confidently outpace the speedier sort of players in this sort of situations. His bursts and turning speed is pretty bad though, so that excellent pace of his basically contributing next to nothing when it comes to defending the areas within and around the penalty box :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgCmqg1rVIk

at the 0:25 mark

Edited by Carambau

Dynamo Dresden

- they have won 7 FDGB-pokals

- The President isn´t Andreas Ritter anymore, ist Holger Scholze ( bis Dezember 2019)

vor 15 Stunden schrieb CMSDynamo:

Dynamo Dresden

- they have won 7 FDGB-pokals

- The President isn´t Andreas Ritter anymore, ist Holger Scholze ( bis Dezember 2019) 

Regarding your first point: I will look into possibly adding the 1952 title to the collection. While not strictly speaking Dynamo yet at that point, the title is legally attributed to Dynamo. Thank you for pointing this out. 

Regarding the chairman issue: As you will know, Scholze only holds this office temporarily for now. I will make changes according to the results of the MV in December and they will feature in the winter update.

23 hours ago, Doc Gonzo said:

A random website with some absolutely hilarious claims. Well... if you believe this... 

Would be pretty sad if inaccuracies like that influenced the researchers´ hard work.

Edited by Carambau

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Carambau:

A random website with some absolutely hilarious claims. Well... if you believe this... 

Would be pretty sad if inaccuracies like that influenced the researchers´ hard work.

These stats are taken from Opta. Of course you can't just take these values and determine the pace for Football Manager. These top speed values could be only an exception or even an error and some other players rarely got a chance to reach their top speed. However Vogt has regularly reached top speeds higher than 33 km/h and he is known as pacey.

With the new 19.1 update i noticed that Niko Kovac, head coach of Bayern Monaco, became Max Mustermann.
Also the birth date is wrong: 12/09/1971. The correct date is 15/10/1971 as per before the update.
Cheers

Max Mustermann.png

Niko Kovac.png

On 20/10/2018 at 16:56, Kox said:

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. It is highly appreciated! Indeed Benjamin Pavard's physical stats could deserve a bosst. We're going to look at them for future data updates,

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Great work on Pavard’s stats. Much more agreeable 👍🏾

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Carambau:

https://www.lattenkreuz.de/vogt-der-anerzogene-quarterback/

https://sports.bwin.com/de/news/fussball/leon-bailey-und-die-schnellsten-spieler-der-bundesliga

11 hours ago, Kox said:

Surprising to me. As a resident, I´m trying to watch every home fixture and he never really stood out as being fast, at least last season.

He rather seemed to lose 90% of his one-on-ones when it came to pace.

Then again, maybe it´s more "acceleration" than "pace" which I find the most debatable of all his attributes...

Edited by Carambau

That's exactly the point. Players can reach a great top speed but might struggle to accelerate on the first 10 or 15 meters which is a disadvantage for them - escpecially in one-on-ones.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Cris87:

With the new 19.1 update i noticed that Niko Kovac, head coach of Bayern Monaco, became Max Mustermann.
Also the birth date is wrong: 12/09/1971. The correct date is 15/10/1971 as per before the update.
Cheers

Max Mustermann.png

Niko Kovac.png

That's a licensing issue, sorry for that but cannot be changed.

Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho is a natural on the left side of the midfield and is only accomplished on the right side, whereas, in real life, he always plays on the right side. I think this should be changed a bit..

JadonSancho.JPG

Hello, 

you made some small mistakes around the footballclub Eintracht Frankfurt

Frankfurt U19

Co-Trainer - Miroslav Petric
https://www.eintracht-frankfurt.de/sportarten/fussball/leistungsteams/u19/u19kader/miroslav-petric.html

goalkeeper coach - Arturo González García
https://www.eintracht-frankfurt.de/sportarten/fussball/leistungsteams/u19/u19kader/arturo-gonzalez-garcia.html

Frankfurt first squad

Co-Trainer - Christian Peintinger
Assistenztrainer - Armin Reutershahn
goalkeeper coach - Manfred Petz
youth department chief - Armin Kraaz 

Da es den Job des technischen Direktors IG nicht gibt, könnte man Marco Pezzaiouli ggf. in die U19 schieben als Assistenztrainer.
May you can switch him to the u19 as an assistanstrainer if its possible

Spieler:

Filip Kostic - loan is 2 years

Injuries: Carlos Salcedo - injured since 01.09.2018 - Syndesmosebandriss (31.12.2018)
Timothy Chandler - injured since 10.08.2018 - Knieverletzung (01.02.2019)
Goncalo Paciencia - injured since 10.09.2018 - Meniskusriss (unknown) 
Chico Geraldes - injured since 06.09.2018 - Wirbelbruch (unknown)

greetings 

Hi,

Just a really minor one from me today.

Josha Vagnoman - Hamburger SV.

The picture that accompanies his profile shows him to be black, however his in game avatar appears white.

As said really minor, great game, good luck for release

Josha Vagnoman.jpg

14 hours ago, Carambau said:

Surprising to me. As a resident, I´m trying to watch every home fixture and he never really stood out as being fast, at least last season.

He rather seemed to lose 90% of his one-on-ones when it came to pace.

Then again, maybe it´s more "acceleration" than "pace" which I find the most debatable of all his attributes...

When it comes to one-on-ones specifically then I believe the more relevant factors should be his Acceleration (a mediocre 12) and Agility (merely 8 which can be considered as a decent handicap for the level of the league) rather than Pace, which only came into useful effect on sprinting over longer distances on the pitch in a straight line.

In the game the club name 1. FC Magdeburg is in many cases shortened to FC Magdeburg (e.g. in the tables, many messages in the inbox, press conferences).

It´s an important part of the club´s identity and it´s done right in other teams of the 2. Bundesliga like 1. FC Köln or 1. FC Heidenheim - so this shouldn´t be a general issue.

A fix would be good, thanks.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb AfterSabbath:

In the game the club name 1. FC Magdeburg is in many cases shortened to FC Magdeburg (e.g. in the tables, many messages in the inbox, press conferences).

It´s an important part of the club´s identity and it´s done right in other teams of the 2. Bundesliga like 1. FC Köln or 1. FC Heidenheim - so this shouldn´t be a general issue.

A fix would be good, thanks.

Unfortunately also a licensing issue, we wish we could've change it.