Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Ireland] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Ireland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research. 

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                       

Please note that any non-data issues for Ireland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

In Ireland, when choosing your managers place of birth, Tramore is said to be in Leinster, when in fact it is in Munster. I know it's a small issue, but its an issue nonetheless. It is in Waterford, which should also be down as Munster. 

Thanks x

If you think that Shamrock Rovers youth facilities need to be "at least a grade higher" you will have to explain just why that is. Clearly we are not going to change anything without a convincing argument to do so.

Michael Deasy, who is manager of Cobh Wanderers, has "Craigtwohill" listed as a previous team. But that is a typo, it is actually "Carrigtwohill United". His DOB is also incorrect, it should be 11/11/1978, but that's more of a menial issue. Thanks!

Edited by Deasy97

Problems relating to Bohemians

They are set as a professional club, they're semi professional.

Craig Sexton is set as the u19s assistant manager, he is the u19s manager.

In regards to the Irish National team.

Packie Bonner is not the goalkeeping coach he hasn't been since about 2010.

Seamus McDonagh is the current goalkeeping coach. Also Steve Walford and Steve Guppy also form part of the backroom team.

See below

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/senior-men/management

Edited by lblanc
Added link

Pablo Cavalcante, Dundalk U19 LW, seems to have very low potential (2* at the moment with only one current ability). I think that 4* potential would be more appropriate.

Cavalcante made his senior debut earlier this this season & just signed a new 2 year contract - http://www.the42.ie/brazilian-winger-cavalcante-commits-future-to-dundalk-4295277-Oct2018/

On 21/10/2018 at 23:39, rdevlin98 said:

Problems relating to Bohemians

They are set as a professional club, they're semi professional.

Just on the Bohs Professional/Semi-Professional point. Took a decision to make Bohs F/T in the game for gameplay and to make it more realistic. Bohs actually train as much as the full-time clubs in the LOI, albeit in the evenings as opposed to the likes of Cork, Waterford, Dundalk etc who train mornings/afternoons.

Whilst Bohs outwardly project themselves as a part-time club, there is very little difference in the day to day running compared to the full-time outfits in the league. In terms of FM gameplay, it's much more realistic to make Bohs FT. 

With regards to Sexton, we've picked up on this thanks and will get it fixed. Unfortunately off field issues within Bohs' underage set-up meant we weren't provided a revised list of coaching staff despite asking for it several times. 

On 20/10/2018 at 22:42, shamrockrovers said:

Shamrock Rovers stadium is up 8,000 now, also feel their youth facilities should be a least a grade higher. Damien Duff should be a youth coach as well. 

agreed thanks, will get these amended.

Re: Duff - he actually coaches in the teams below U19 level. In terms of FM we are only allowed to include U19 coaching staff as active in the game. We can't include the 17s and 15s unfortunately.

I have been looking a Shamrock Rovers fan to join the testing team and help with research, if you'd like to get involved in the future drop me a message. Cheers. 

On 22/10/2018 at 21:07, Hangfire said:

Pablo Cavalcante, Dundalk U19 LW, seems to have very low potential (2* at the moment with only one current ability). I think that 4* potential would be more appropriate.

Cavalcante made his senior debut earlier this this season & just signed a new 2 year contract - http://www.the42.ie/brazilian-winger-cavalcante-commits-future-to-dundalk-4295277-Oct2018/

Thanks. There was some confusion with Cavalcante initially when we were researching. When he was at Glentoran he was known as 'Pablo Andrade' - it wasn't until after the databases were sent back that we realised Andrade and Cavalcante were the same players so his stats weren't properly reviewed.

We are still actively seeking someone to research and help test Dundalk in the future, drop me a message if this would be of interest.

Cheers. 

On 20/10/2018 at 03:31, kdunphy said:

In Ireland, when choosing your managers place of birth, Tramore is said to be in Leinster, when in fact it is in Munster. I know it's a small issue, but its an issue nonetheless. It is in Waterford, which should also be down as Munster. 

Thanks x

Thanks, we've logged this to be changed - not quite sure how we've managed to get that one wrong as I used to live about 15 mins from Tramore! If you spot any others let us know. Thanks. 

On 21/10/2018 at 22:15, Deasy97 said:

Michael Deasy, who is manager of Cobh Wanderers, has "Craigtwohill" listed as a previous team. But that is a typo, it is actually "Carrigtwohill United". His DOB is also incorrect, it should be 11/11/1978, but that's more of a menial issue. Thanks!

Both of these have now been logged, cheers. 

On 22/10/2018 at 08:40, lblanc said:

Seamus McDonagh is the current goalkeeping coach. Also Steve Walford and Steve Guppy also form part of the backroom team.

See below

Thanks. This was picked up and corrected before the data lock. The correct coaching staff is in place for the game's release. 

On 21/10/2018 at 23:39, rdevlin98 said:

Sexton change now logged. Also requested Ian Morris is given a secondary role as Assistant Manager (U19 Team), Paul Flynn is added as GK Coach and Orla Doolin as Physio. 

Cheers. 

Dundalk Player Stats

I think that Chris Shields (CM/DM BWM) needs a bit of love from SI.

He has been nominated for PFAI player of the year in 2018 (along with Michael Duffy & Pat Hoban) but I think that he has been the outstanding Dundalk player over the past few seasons as evidenced by his performances during Dundalks 2016 Europa League run and his league performances in 2017 and more so in 2018. Unfortunately he has been overshadowed by the more prolific players that play in front of him.

I think that his technicals could do with a 1 or 2 point upgrade and possibly the same in composure, vision & off the ball. 

20 hours ago, Hangfire said:

Dundalk Player Stats

I think that Chris Shields (CM/DM BWM) needs a bit of love from SI.

He has been nominated for PFAI player of the year in 2018 (along with Michael Duffy & Pat Hoban) but I think that he has been the outstanding Dundalk player over the past few seasons as evidenced by his performances during Dundalks 2016 Europa League run and his league performances in 2017 and more so in 2018. Unfortunately he has been overshadowed by the more prolific players that play in front of him.

I think that his technicals could do with a 1 or 2 point upgrade and possibly the same in composure, vision & off the ball. 

It's a tricky enough one. He already has a CA of 91 in the database which is a top player in the League. Could certainly look at bumping a couple of his attributes. I think his technical stats look OK generally on a world scale but perhaps some of his mental stats could be boosted more such as Composure. Will certainly take a look at where he can be boosted given his Player of the Year shortlisting. 

EDIT: Also 'Off the ball' is a misleading name for an attribute. This refers to how good his attacking movement in and around the box is rather than a general 'off the ball' rating. 

Some of the club records I posted in the early private beta stages have been missed out or have a slight discrepency. Please see below...

BOHS
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 25, Glen Crowe, 2000-01 (missing info)
RECORD LEAGUE GOALSCORER: 133, Glen Crowe, 1999-2004 & 2007-09 (game has 134)

CORK
RECORD FAI CUP VICTORY: 9-0 v Glenmore Dundrum, Home, Rd 2, 26 July 2002 (missing info)
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 24, Graham Cummins, 2011 (missing info) 

DERRY
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 24, Jonathan Speak, 1987-88 (missing info)
RECORD LEAGUE GOALSCORER: 85, Liam Coyle, 1988-2003 (game has 112 but he only scored 100 in his whole career)

DUNDALK
RECORD LEAGUE GOALSCORER: 69, Joey Donnelly, 1929-32 & 1934-43 (game has 70)

LIMERICK
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 21, Billy Hamilton, 1988-89 (missing info)
MOST LEAGUE APPEARANCES: 465, Johnny Walsh, 1976-94 (missing info)

SHAMROCK
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 27, Bob Fullam, 1922-23 (missing info)
MOST LEAGUE APPEARANCES: 383, Derek Tracey, 1989-2005 (game has 394)

SLIGO
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 20, Eoin Doyle, 2011 (missing info)

ST PATS
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 28, Shay Gibbons, 1954-55 (missing info)

WATERFORD
RECORD FAI CUP VICTORY: 11-1 v Rialto, Home, Rd 1, 13 February 1972 (missing info)
MOST LEAGUE GOALS IN A SEASON: 30, Jimmy Gauld, 1954-55 (missing info)
RECORD LEAGUE GOALSCORER: 147, Johnny Matthews, 1966-79 & 1982-83 (missing info)

I know it's not LOI but

image.thumb.png.21bebe27de763be5a261f6d58c30093a.png

How does Troy Parrott only have a rating of 8 for penalties?

Kid has balls of steal

A few points about players CA and PA I'd like to raise:

• Ronan Hurley has a PA of -35, giving him a maximum PA of 70. Personally, I think this is too low and I would recommend that his PA be brought up to -45 or -5, as he is very much regarded as a future first team player
  • Cian Murphy has a PA of -4; like Hurley, I would recommend increasing it to at least -45; I've been very impressed with how he did when he played for City and I think a maximum PA of 80 doesn't do him much justice
  • Gordon Walker of Cobh Ramblers has a PA of -3; with this current ability, clubs in the Premier Division would have no interest in him, but both Cork City and Waterford are interested in signing him in the near future, so I would say his PA should be bumped up to -4 or thereabouts.
  • Not really a recommendation here, but just more a question; why is Neil Farrugia of UCD rated so highly? He has a CA of 104 and PA of -75, both of which are exceptionally high ratings for a First Division player, particularly for one who plays for a club like UCD. After a season or so in my current save, he got a move to Norwich City who are in the Championship and has gone straight into their first team!

Also, I noticed that quite a few recommendations I made during the beta weren't implemented in the full version; are there any reasons for this? If there was an issue with anything I submitted I'll happily revise it.

On 07/11/2018 at 22:56, adineen98 said:

• Not really a recommendation here, but just more a question; why is Neil Farrugia of UCD rated so highly? He has a CA of 104 and PA of -75, both of which are exceptionally high ratings for a First Division player, particularly for one who plays for a club like UCD. After a season or so in my current save, he got a move to Norwich City who are in the Championship and has gone straight into their first team!

I think Neil is meant to be a stand out talent in his league. He's just been voted FAI Schools 'player of the year' for a second time. I think he's meant to have a lot of potential. However injury and his desire to finish his studies (he is a biomedical student) have stopped him from maybe hitting 'the big time'. I have heard rumors that he is wanted by English clubs, but yeah, he didn't want to leave yet.

If anyone has anymore info on him, that could help shed some light.

Edit: See this interesting article here - https://www.the42.ie/neil-farrugia-ucd-interview-4145919-Jul2018/

Edit II: In this interview with Off The Ball, the interviewer refers to him 'as probably the best player in the country' and 'the best dribbler in the history of Irish football'.

Edited by bennyj22

On 07/11/2018 at 20:56, adineen98 said:

A few points about players CA and PA I'd like to raise:

• Ronan Hurley has a PA of -35, giving him a maximum PA of 70. Personally, I think this is too low and I would recommend that his PA be brought up to -45 or -5, as he is very much regarded as a future first team player
  • Cian Murphy has a PA of -4; like Hurley, I would recommend increasing it to at least -45; I've been very impressed with how he did when he played for City and I think a maximum PA of 80 doesn't do him much justice
  • Gordon Walker of Cobh Ramblers has a PA of -3; with this current ability, clubs in the Premier Division would have no interest in him, but both Cork City and Waterford are interested in signing him in the near future, so I would say his PA should be bumped up to -4 or thereabouts.

Also, I noticed that quite a few recommendations I made during the beta weren't implemented in the full version; are there any reasons for this? If there was an issue with anything I submitted I'll happily revise it.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback on Hurley, Murphy, Walker. All will be revised and updated. Agree with all three.

Re: Farrugia - he is an outstanding talent. There are Prem and Champ clubs actively interested now but he's not leaving UCD until his studies conclude. He was hindered last year due to a long injury lay-off but reserve judgement on him until you've seen him play in the flesh over a sustained period. He's very much going to take the domestic league by storm and will play International football at senior level if he avoids injuries etc. 

As for the comment re beta testing. During the beta process my direct database is already submitted back to Sports Interactive before the Beta is released. I have to request what are called 'mini-editor' files or log changes to an online tracking system. With over ten active Irish beta testers during the beta process, we were receiving feedback daily but without a direct DB to edit we aren't able to carry out every recommendation. We also have to prioritise edits for major missing transfers etc but we did manage to get a lot of what you reported back in, including the addition of Bishopstown as a training/youth venue for Cork, an update of backroom staff, a number of U19 players added and a number of others as well. Stuff like awards weren't updated because we had no access to that part of the DB during the beta but we will have going forward.

I have however got a note of everything you sent in including the apps/goals data (which was unfortunately too late to make this release). By coincidence, I am due to receive my DB back on Monday at which point work will commence on the next patch/data update. Also check out the unofficial download I released as well improving the Irish data:

Over 1,800 changes.

Your feedback during the beta was great and you'll be involved going forward on this FM and future FM's if you still want to be.

Cheers,

Mark

Robbie Benson was in the same position as Farrugia when he was at UCD, also wanted to finish his studies. To be fair, Farrugia does look the business in FM, I got a shock when I eventually found him.

On 22/10/2018 at 08:40, lblanc said:

See below

You can now ignore this post ;-)

On 17/11/2018 at 17:37, Irish Researcher said:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback on Hurley, Murphy, Walker. All will be revised and updated. Agree with all three.

Re: Farrugia - he is an outstanding talent. There are Prem and Champ clubs actively interested now but he's not leaving UCD until his studies conclude. He was hindered last year due to a long injury lay-off but reserve judgement on him until you've seen him play in the flesh over a sustained period. He's very much going to take the domestic league by storm and will play International football at senior level if he avoids injuries etc. 

As for the comment re beta testing. During the beta process my direct database is already submitted back to Sports Interactive before the Beta is released. I have to request what are called 'mini-editor' files or log changes to an online tracking system. With over ten active Irish beta testers during the beta process, we were receiving feedback daily but without a direct DB to edit we aren't able to carry out every recommendation. We also have to prioritise edits for major missing transfers etc but we did manage to get a lot of what you reported back in, including the addition of Bishopstown as a training/youth venue for Cork, an update of backroom staff, a number of U19 players added and a number of others as well. Stuff like awards weren't updated because we had no access to that part of the DB during the beta but we will have going forward.

I have however got a note of everything you sent in including the apps/goals data (which was unfortunately too late to make this release). By coincidence, I am due to receive my DB back on Monday at which point work will commence on the next patch/data update. Also check out the unofficial download I released as well improving the Irish data:

Over 1,800 changes.

Your feedback during the beta was great and you'll be involved going forward on this FM and future FM's if you still want to be.

Cheers,

Mark

That's great to hear, thanks for getting back to me, that's the clarification I needed.

As long as I'm wanted, I'm always happy to help out with research.

Regarding your download, I'm currently in the process of creating my own database for Ireland. So far, I've not made any changes to the Nation Rules, I'm just doing database changes at the moment, starting with the Leinster Senior League and working my way down, leaving the Premier Division and First Division until last. If I was to merge my file with yours would it affect my current work in any way or have you only worked on the Premier and First divisions? Because if you have, merging the two files would save me an awful lot of time!

On 21/11/2018 at 19:17, lblanc said:

You can now ignore this post ;-)

That's what I was thinking when I seen it :D Wonder how SI will integrate the agreement of Stephen Kenny becoming manager after Euro 2020.

42 minutes ago, markyosullivan said:

That's what I was thinking when I seen it :D Wonder how SI will integrate the agreement of Stephen Kenny becoming manager after Euro 2020.

Yeah that will be an interesting one, I suppose they could do it similar to how Nagelsmann takes over as Leipzig manager

But how that would work in terms of actually managing Ireland in the future in game yourself though.

Would the job not be available until after the 2022 campaign?

Edited by lblanc

William Hondermarck (52091957)
2nd nationality : Democratic Republic of Congo

You may update his Days at Nation in the game as he lives in Ireland since his 5 years old (2005) and he has been called up in U19 Ireland home based team this summer.
You can also set English as fluent in his languages.
https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/drogheda-independent/20180807/282475709647823

Senior debut (date & goal)
24/04/2018 - Drogheda United vs Shelbourne - Irish League Cup

History
2017 (1) Shelbourne 0/0 YHT PL - 01/03/2017 31/03/2018
2017 (2) Drogeda United 0/0 YHT PL - date joined 01/04/2018

http://www.extratime.ie/player/11123859/william_hondermarck/
http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/player/william-hondermarck/