Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

5 minutes ago, wardog said:

Fair enough in many of these points. Would it be fair to suggest if current form continues him get a little boost again in those stats. Help him with goals in game and put him back in contention with Columbia? Even if it's on fringes like last year. 

Suspect this could already be in place for January but giving him the argues with officials ppm. I'll probably regret suggesting that when he gets sent off for arguing with a ref in a big game. 

Last request - different subject same team. Is there any way in database that can prevent McGregor from retiring at the end of this season? This probably been one of his best seasons and again seeing him regularly retiring in saves. Alot of his comments suggesting he'll at least see out his contract. Unsure if that's a possible data fix or just a game seeing an aging player. But I know that begging him won't get him to stay on another year 

Yeah everyone will get reviewed for the January update. He's not been as confrontational recently so dunno if an arguing with officials ppm is required.

As long as players in the game are getting games and still have another year left on their contracts and aren't injured then they shouldn't really be retiring IMO. I don't think he's got anything set in the database that would cause him to retire.

12 minutes ago, Ter said:

Yeah everyone will get reviewed for the January update. He's not been as confrontational recently so dunno if an arguing with officials ppm is required.

As long as players in the game are getting games and still have another year left on their contracts and aren't injured then they shouldn't really be retiring IMO. I don't think he's got anything set in the database that would cause him to retire.

Bar a injury layoff for me he played every game know he did with some others too. 

And that's fair. :)

Martin Boyle at Hibs has chosen Australia as his country ( his father is from Oz ), he was in the last training squad and has been added to the recent Australian squad for the Asian cup, more than likely winning his 1st cap.

Just noticed when i removed Barry Ferguson from his role as Reserves Manager for me - did wonder why he accepted almost straight away at game start - but hes down as taking over at Kelty Hearts on 1/6/2015 while he was at Clyde. Obviously this is a new job dont have dates but does mean hes open to moving straight off. 

You need to double check the dimensions for Edinburgh City's ground - the pitch sides and lengths appear to be equal making it square! 

4 hours ago, Colorado said:

You need to double check the dimensions for Edinburgh City's ground - the pitch sides and lengths appear to be equal making it square! 

They are also set as “moving back to Ainslie park” next year when in fact they are already playing there in the game. Not sure if it should be Meadowbank they are due to move back to once it’s been redeveloped. Maybe something the researcher will know or if the club can give any clarity on. 

I posted about Martin Boyle now choosing Australia as his preferred country, well he played for them this weekend, this needs to be added to his profile.

6 hours ago, jc1 said:

I posted about Martin Boyle now choosing Australia as his preferred country, well he played for them this weekend, this needs to be added to his profile.

Boyle’s First cap info won’t be added until next year’s FM but his nationality will be updated for any future data updates for FM19

2 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

Boyle’s First cap info won’t be added until next year’s FM but his nationality will be updated for any future data updates for FM19

Ok ta, maybe if anyone starts a new game they can change his nationality with the pre editor.

Im have this problem with scottish league. I dont upload not official updates

image.thumb.png.8889554ea51eac8743e5e1ef7addf5c7.png

image.thumb.png.f4c0928ab2bc41b741367eb0c1c440d6.png

Celtic won the Scottish Cup in 2018 yet it's not mentioned in any of their players history. The league and Betfred cup wins show but for some reason the Scottish cup is missing.

I've spotted numerous errors with the bios for various Celtic players. Must be a bug somewhere that's not picking up information. 

Read Calum McGregor and Tom Rogic's bio and you'll see how inaccurate both are. I have previous posts on this thread so the screen shots will show.

12 hours ago, littledragon84 said:

Celtic won the Scottish Cup in 2018 yet it's not mentioned in any of their players history. The league and Betfred cup wins show but for some reason the Scottish cup is missing.

I've spotted numerous errors with the bios for various Celtic players. Must be a bug somewhere that's not picking up information. 

Read Calum McGregor and Tom Rogic's bio and you'll see how inaccurate both are. I have previous posts on this thread so the screen shots will show.

That’s not a data issue then.

you should report it as a bug

Celtic youngster Barry Coffey is missing in his history the club where he was at before Celtic

But the youngster, who made his name playng for Nenagh AFC in his homeland, has opted to join Celticand has signed a three-year deal with them.

Source: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-beat-manchester-united-signature-10620926

Not sure if this is the right area for this but I'm currently playing as Rangers and face Celtic. I noticed that Scott Bain was in goals instead of Craig Gordon.

But it turns out he retired on the 23rd of August 2018 after having already played 7 games that season.

I checked the editor but there's nothing in his player details that could indicate his retirement then.

Hi just went to start a save as Dumbarton and noticed the strips that have been used are last seasons strips and not the current ones. Will this get sorted at some stage? 

On 25/11/2018 at 15:41, Sons1872 said:

Hi just went to start a save as Dumbarton and noticed the strips that have been used are last seasons strips and not the current ones. Will this get sorted at some stage? 

Hi,

The kits in-game were approved by the SPFL and I don't think we got sent any new kits for this season. That usually means they haven't changed from last year. If we are able to update them we will.

Easthouses Lily play at 'Newbattle Complex' (100 seated) NOT mayfield park as listed in game

easthouses01.jpg

-Tynecastle play at Meggetland sports complex -  4,388 (500 seated) (not fernieside, this is a few years out of date)

-Orkney FC aren't in the game at all. Weird given they won the North Caledonian league last year and teams who were lower like Thurso and Inverness Athletic are in it.

I emailed orkney fc and they replied: " That is indeed the league we play in. I have little/no knowledge about this game, but don't know why we aren't included unless the list of members is out of date by 5years or so!  "

In addition to the above post about Orkney, Thurso and Bunillidh Thistle are both missing from the North Caledonian League, both are in the "Scottish Amateur Leagues" category and no league at all respectively.

Also, Orkney's home ground at Pickaquoy is in the game already, which makes the non-inclusion of OFC even more baffling.

Minor detail but There should be a team from the west of Scotland Premiership included in the Scottish Cup qualifying round as well as the winner of the Scottish Junior cup. Hence why Auchinleck Talbot have made it to the 4th round vs Ayr and Beith made it to the third round. Also the winners of the Scottish amateur cup are in included as well in the qualifying round, this year it was Shortlees but I’m not sure if that one will be possible don’t think there are any amateur teams in the DB? 

On 15/12/2018 at 09:22, Chris Hamilton said:

Minor detail but There should be a team from the west of Scotland Premiership included in the Scottish Cup qualifying round as well as the winner of the Scottish Junior cup. Hence why Auchinleck Talbot have made it to the 4th round vs Ayr and Beith made it to the third round. Also the winners of the Scottish amateur cup are in included as well in the qualifying round, this year it was Shortlees but I’m not sure if that one will be possible don’t think there are any amateur teams in the DB? 

If you don't mind it would be handy if you could post about this one here.

Hearts

Why is Christophe Berra set as injured at the start of the game? This injury happened after the season started in real life, so I didn't think these injuries were included.

David Vanecek is correctly set to sign on 1 January, but his wages make him the highest paid permanent player at the club. I haven't read anything to suggest he'd be close to that, and Hearts have said they broke their budget to sign Sean Clare so can't see him being on anywhere near as much as him.

Oliver Bozanic takes a lot of our long throws in real life (along with Michael Smith) but only has a 4 for long throws in the game. That should be higher.

Ryan Stevenson is down as a an Ayr United favoured personal on the clubs steen, but it’s not linked to him(can’t click on the name) but he’s still in the game as a coach when you search for him.

4 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

I think oil tycoon is pushing it a bit. He sold some patrol stations.

:lol:  fair call. Tycoon by Championship standards maybe haha. Still worth a sugar daddy status you think? Considering Raith Rovers have a background sugar daddy and all...

15 hours ago, 2481 said:

:lol:  fair call. Tycoon by Championship standards maybe haha. Still worth a sugar daddy status you think? Considering Raith Rovers have a background sugar daddy and all...

We’ll have to see how he runs the club, but seeing as he has said he plans to make money from it, I doubt he’ll be throwing money at it hand over fist

On 21/12/2018 at 17:18, scottmcl84 said:

Hearts

Why is Christophe Berra set as injured at the start of the game? This injury happened after the season started in real life, so I didn't think these injuries were included.

David Vanecek is correctly set to sign on 1 January, but his wages make him the highest paid permanent player at the club. I haven't read anything to suggest he'd be close to that, and Hearts have said they broke their budget to sign Sean Clare so can't see him being on anywhere near as much as him.

Oliver Bozanic takes a lot of our long throws in real life (along with Michael Smith) but only has a 4 for long throws in the game. That should be higher.

Bozanic had only player around about 30 minutes for us before the deadlines for player attribute was getting locked so he's pretty much exactly as he arrived in my file, as with everyone else he'll be looked at for next update. Vanecek is the same I've not seen him yet so his contract would have been sorted at the other end I'm guessing. I queried Berra's injury and didn't include it originally not sure if it was added in by head researcher I'm not sure how this works in the game as Murphy from Rangers has his included.

Andy Dallas (Rangers) is mainly a striker, can also play as a  winger - also hes been banging them in for the reserves, deserves a much higher CA and PA, hes far too low on the current version 

Brophy of Kilmarnock should be better too 

edouard should be decreased, hes too good in the game and doesnt merit that in real life.

Edited by crarfc

Colin Nish is an U18 coach at Hibs, also Gareth Evans is back as head of youth development, probably U18 manager in game.  He cannot be added via pre editor as he's been coaching ladies international and not in database.

Edited by jc1

Karomoko Dembele has now signed a 3 year professional contract with Celtic until 2021. Can he be added onto the game in the winter transfer patch?

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:51, littledragon84 said:

Karomoko Dembele has now signed a 3 year professional contract with Celtic until 2021. Can he be added onto the game in the winter transfer patch?

He's still a minor and a schoolboy, so no.

When will people finally get it that SI have their hand tied on the matter of minors in the game :rolleyes:

I have noticed that if manually moving Timothy Weah on loan to Celtic, he defaults to the under 18 squad. My understanding is that the game auto-populates squads based on CA. In which case, is this a fair reflection of a US international? Considering that he has featured at first team level in every game since joining, would it be unrealistic to expect a slight adjustment to his current ability? I would not anticipate a huge CA, as I know his PA will be high, but thought under 18s was selling him short a bit. His stats are also almost all below 10 but I know this may be to do with random generation of stats based on CA balanced against PA. 

Will Manny Perez and Andrew Gutman be added to the Celtic squad post update? I only ask as neither appear to be in the game database at the moment. I know if they were, they would transfer automatically. 

Perez has gone on loan to North Carolina (https://www.northcarolinafc.com/news_article/show/990561) and plays as a right back. The Celtic Academy page on Wiki reports that the loan is until October 2019 to coincide with American season.  Don't know where to source personal stats for Perez in terms of DoB etc but he has played at Under 20 level for the USA. 

Gutman, a left back, was sent on loan to Nashville SC but the MLS have cancelled the deal due to issues with him being previously registered with Chicago Fire. Logically, that means he is officially at Celtic until another loan is arranged. (https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/expansion/nashville/nashville-gutman-mls-loan-celtic-chicago-fire-usl/). Personal details can be found on his Wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Gutman) but I understand official data may be different as the veracity of wiki is hard to analyse. 

In terms of information that may help the research team, the following was taken from the official Celtic website (http://www.celticfc.net/news/15699):

CELTIC are delighted to confirm the club has signed young American players Andrew Gutman and Manny Perez on three-and-a-half-year contracts.

Manny (above left) has represented USA at Under-20 level and has been named Player of the Year in the USA Soccer Development Academy. Andrew (above in the Hoops) is the most recent recipient of the Hermann Trophy in America, one of the most prestigious awards for young players in the USA. 

Both players will continue their development through loan moves back in the USA. We welcome Manny and Andrew to the club and look forward to both players joining up with Celtic in the future.

Thanks

Edited by joe5p

On 29/01/2019 at 23:15, Gripper said:

In case it makes a difference, he turns 16 on 22/02/19, so if the update is scheduled after this date, I imagine that he would be able to be included.

On 29/01/2019 at 23:15, Gripper said:

He's 16 on the 22/02/19, so if there is an update after his birthday he should be included. He's been training now with the first team so I'm guessing he's left school. 

That's not how it works. As @Gripper says, he's a minor at the game start date. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you need to be 16 before the 1st of September, to be included. He'll be in FM20.

Edited by Giro

44 minutes ago, Giro said:

That's not how it works. As @Gripper says, he's a minor at the game start date. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you need to be 16 before the 1st of September, to be included. He'll be in FM20.

Yeah that probably is the case. I know Martin Odegaard got added into the game when he was 15 but I think his dad had to give SI permission. I guess that's one way around this but yeah he'll definitely be in FM20. 

If you click on John Greigs name under Rangers legends you get the profile of a Chilean manager. I know nothing about Rangers history, but I doubt this is the right guy.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:54, joe5p said:

In case it makes a difference, he turns 16 on 22/02/19, so if the update is scheduled after this date, I imagine that he would be able to be included.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:05, littledragon84 said:

He's 16 on the 22/02/19, so if there is an update after his birthday he should be included. He's been training now with the first team so I'm guessing he's left school. 

He is still legally a schoolboy. He will not appear in the update for FM19. This is not up for debate. 

3 hours ago, Gripper said:

He is still legally a schoolboy. He will not appear in the update for FM19. This is not up for debate. 

"This is not up for debate" Haha yeah whatever!

Edited by littledragon84

Posted (edited)

after the update, st johnstone signed both cammy bell and niall keown on loan from partick, and mark hurst has never been on loan at bsc glasgow, none of this updated

Edited by tommcneil1992

Yes, we did notice those errors. However this was after the data lock for the update so we were unable to include them. I apologise for that.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tommcneil1992 said:

after the update, st johnstone signed both cammy bell and niall keown on loan from partick, and mark hurst has never been on loan at bsc glasgow, none of this updated

3 hours ago, Gripper said:

Yes, we did notice those errors. However this was after the data lock for the update so we were unable to include them. I apologise for that.

Updated those three loan situations on the workshop, under St Johnstone Loans, if anyone else finds this issue before starting a game. Makes it impossible to not do transfers in the first window as you've only one goalkeeper.

Any idea how long itll take to be officially sorted?

I just replicated the 50% wage contribution Partick are using to loan one of our players, not sure if that's correct.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Carlos Pena had his rangers contract terminated on the 5/2/19

Andy hallidays stats are shockingly bad, like barely even Scottish championship standard. Currently he’s forcing his way into the team with numerous consistent performances and keeping barisic on the bench (apart from getting injured last week) 

jamie Murphy is back training and Gerrard expects him to be ready to play around April/may yet the game has him out until August 2019

Edinburgh city still has a planned move to Ainslie park in 2020 despite already playing at and owning the ground in the game 

Ruan Stevenson listed as an Ayr favourite personal still hasn’t been linked to him as he’s still in the game.

James mcarthur has retired from international duty but is still in the Scotland squad. 

Kevin Thomson got promoted to a u18 coach at rangers 

Few more things noted with St Johnstone. 

Calum Hendry is listed as being an undisclosed fee signing from Brechin in Summer 18.

He was on loan from us to Brechin the first half the season but has now returned, not sure what's happened there.

You've then some pettier things like Richard Foster not being able to play left back, a position he played a full season at just a couple of years ago. Jason Kerr prefers left CB, and Shaughnessy right CB, while in real life it's the other way about. David Wotherspoons only natural position is CM, despite spending 90% of his six years at the club playing on either wing.

This will sound far catier than I mean it, and I mean no offence to anyone, but was there a Saints researcher this year? I know the previous one stopped in the Summer and cant remember hearing anyone had taken over.