Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

I don't think there has ever been or will ever be a consistent way of approaching potential in as much as we don't set specific criteria based on youth caps etc. A lot of it is left to the individual researcher and in the main I'll trust them to get on with it.

What we do do however is urge our researchers to set a 'fixed' potential ability rather than a 'minus' one once a player has established himself in the first team. 

But then you raise a good point comparing Middleton and Johnstone because they are quite similar. Neither are fully established first team players yet, and yet one researcher has chosen to give a fixed potential and another a minus one. I would say that in a sense, both are slightly wrong but at the same time it's difficult to find the right way.

I would say that being on a periphery of the first XI each week, they have the potential to be good enough to be regular first team starters. At the moment for Celtic, that's maybe 120-137 and for Rangers, 116 - 130.

So what do you give them? -7 has the potential to mean their development would cap just about where they currently are, but could also make them potential stars for both teams. A score of -75 puts them from being at worst 120 (which would be ok) to 150 (which on the current evidence, would be a bit of a leap).

You could say "Why not give them both 135" and that would be fine, although I'd like there to be a sense of variability in their potential when they are yet to be fully established. 

As for the other ones you mention...

I don't think McBride should have a fixed one, and I'll look at changing that. Ditto Henderson.

I'm ok with Wilson having -75 as he's still young enough for that to become a reality, but he would need to show signs big of development this season (and be a standout at Forfar) to justify carrying a potential like that, fixed or minus, into Football Manager 20.

Does all that make sense?

This makes perfect sense thank you. And a very balanced approach. Get that choosing potential to a researcher must be a extremely hard task. Especially when one season you have someone like Barjonas doing well in and around first team the next its Kelly and Barjonas is out on loan. Just an example I know of. 

Wilson was a big example I had I agree he needs a big season, was hoping Robby McCrorie would get another loan somewhere to prove himself after a very good season at Berwick for similar reasons. 

Its also much easier discussing this like this now we have a pre-game editor for us to really be able to look at PAs as during beta you can load see someone with -7 potential for example bricks and loads with 110 come onto the forum annoyed because theyll never ever make it when in reality you've had a bad roll of the dice. 

I do like the minus system but do consider the gaps can be too big as you highlight 135 probably about right but variability makes each save different and fun, but put them in -75 they roll a 150 and suddenly you've got a gem and their too good almost for what we believe they can achieve. So as you say know down and they roll a 110 and they barely develop and move to lower end of SPFL or championship - which of course could also happen in real life - problem then comes the late bloomers and how much that must be a pain. Maybe more of a development issue that the windows are too big? If if was a window at 120-140 be a fairer window for these kinds of players - obviously not something I imagine researchers have any call over but maybe worth a discussion in future.

Thank you @Stuart Milne for going into such detail in your reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

c42e0f60218fc58051273ea12fcc1d58.png

I've started with Edinburgh City. They are playing on Ainslie Park and apparently they are moving back to Ainslie Park in 2020. Just googled it, it appears they should move back to Meadowbank Stadium. I'm not familiar with Scottish leagues, but certainly looks like a db bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spotted two Gary Cennerazo's with identical date of birth. One at Spartans and One on free transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting a save with Clyde and under the schedules both my Reserve and Yth teams have no league matches scheduled as at July. I started another 'test' save starting beginning of actual league and still nothing 

Football Manager Screenshot 2018.11.03 - 16.01.27.100.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2018.11.03 - 16.01.36.02.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two issues I have noticed today with Clyde FC

David Hopkins is listed as unavailable due to personal reasons until 01/01/2019, however according to the Clyde website his contract was terminated. Should he not be a free agentCapture1.thumb.JPG.330441157ef60cf1a5c13dc49f80e71a.JPG

 

 

Also player Kristoffer Syvertsen is missing from the team 

 

Capture.thumb.JPG.8a72ef5f2421bac311cf0c5bad8d9e03.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parkera said:

Starting a save with Clyde and under the schedules both my Reserve and Yth teams have no league matches scheduled as at July. I started another 'test' save starting beginning of actual league and still nothing 

Football Manager Screenshot 2018.11.03 - 16.01.27.100.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2018.11.03 - 16.01.36.02.png

Clyde don’t have youth or reserve teams though. That’ll be why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh ok, that makes sense now. Is this something in game that will change, especially for the reserves as the team progress up the leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Parkera said:

ahh ok, that makes sense now. Is this something in game that will change, especially for the reserves as the team progress up the leagues

To be honest, I'm not sure as that's more to do with the coding side of the game. We just set the reserve and u18 competitions as they are in reality.

If it's important to your enjoyment of your Clyde save and you're not particularly far into it, you could go into the pre-game editor and create a reserve structure where every team has one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart Milne said:

To be honest, I'm not sure as that's more to do with the coding side of the game. We just set the reserve and u18 competitions as they are in reality.

If it's important to your enjoyment of your Clyde save and you're not particularly far into it, you could go into the pre-game editor and create a reserve structure where every team has one?

I think once you get into your second season you will be invited to join the reserve and youth leagues. So depending on your squad size it’s down to you to accept/decline 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

james tavernier is underated, he had better stats in fm 16 and fm 17, hes a better player now than he was 2 years ago, you can disagree all you want but for me he needs ca boost and attribute boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

Yes you can, and that's exactly what we've always done.

It's Potential Ability, not Current Ability. We can look at Tierney and the progress he's made at the age he's made and say we believe he could improve and even excel in a higher quality league. The same applies to an u18 who we believe could make it at first team level. We're not saying he's this good now, but we believe he could be this good later.

No, you can't make a comparison in the way that you did with Robertson. A PA of 170 is simply way too high for Tierney at this moment, of course unless you genuinely feel he can become the best left back in the world. 

Edited by Cedrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt like I'd gone back in time 12 years when I noticed Scott Brown's best role and duty was as a box-to-box midfielder :D :*( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

No, you can't make a comparison in the way that you did with Robertson. A PA of 170 is simply way too high for Tierney at this moment, of course unless you genuinely feel he can become the best left back in the world. 

I'm afraid we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how exactly it can be dealt with but I don't feel that Simunovic should be able to be called up by Bosnia like has happened in my game. I think given whats happened, the best option is to make him declared for Croatia but retired or banned from internationals as can't see any way he could play for Bosnia given whats happened.

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2380570/celtic-jozo-simunovic-fifa-croatia-bosnia/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2394046/celtic-jozo-simunovic-croatia-bosnia-robert-prosinecki/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3156661/celtic-jozo-simunovic-hoops-nationality-twitter/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

So what do you give them? -7 has the potential to mean their development would cap just about where they currently are, but could also make them potential stars for both teams. A score of -75 puts them from being at worst 120 (which would be ok) to 150 (which on the current evidence, would be a bit of a leap).

Sounds like there really needs to be more potential ability ranges - just a 20 point space instead of 30. I'm seeing countless players over the world never improving (or just a few attribute points to max potential) between 19 and 21yrs as their currently ability is already at the potential range lower range. Having another range will at least give you around a 10 point gap on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cedrik said:

No, you can't make a comparison in the way that you did with Robertson. A PA of 170 is simply way too high for Tierney at this moment, of course unless you genuinely feel he can become the best left back in the world. 

Why not theres many in Scotland that feel Thierney is already the better player. Im a Rangers fan and would have no problem with him rocking even a higher potential. Hes still got to get there, with good training and a slice of luck. Theres also no reason why another regen left back can't pop up with higher. Theres also no guarentees he stays at  left back, Bale was a left back when he was younger, now played just about everywhere - also a higher CA that 170.  Id also note he isn't the highest potential left back on the game. 2 have fixed potentials that are higher, although they are older so one probably wont hit the other might. However theres another player who falls into the -9 category which means they can hit 180 with a good roll of the dice. 

Theres another 5 left backs with potential in a similar range but just below. 

Is there many left backs at 21 who've done more in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

I think once you get into your second season you will be invited to join the reserve and youth leagues. So depending on your squad size it’s down to you to accept/decline 

Thanks mate, this is what I am hoping happens otherwise its a naf save doing friendlies all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed and this might not be a scottish data issue im really unsure, but Joe Worrall has Hibs as a supported club. He might be a hibs supporter - googled and couldn't find anything, but seems an unusual choice for and English player with what I can see no ties to Scottish football other than his loan to Rangers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed that Boyata is leaving Celtic at the end of the season in my Celtic save. I know there's a chance he'll go next summer but I don't think it's been announced that he's definitely leaving.

The young wonderkid Karomoke Dembele can he not added into the game? I know he's like 15 or that but a few years ago they added in Martin Odegaard when he was at Stromsgodset and he was 15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, littledragon84 said:

Just noticed that Boyata is leaving Celtic at the end of the season in my Celtic save. I know there's a chance he'll go next summer but I don't think it's been announced that he's definitely leaving.

The young wonderkid Karomoke Dembele can he not added into the game? I know he's like 15 or that but a few years ago they added in Martin Odegaard when he was at Stromsgodset and he was 15 

Earlier in this thread a Celtic fan pointed out that Boyata was definitely leaving, so we took the appropriate action.

There's a difference between Odegaard (a regular first team player, an internationalist and someone who made a high profile transfer to Real Madrid) and Dembele (one of many 15 year old kids who is in and around reserve team level for SPFL clubs).

For Odegaard, they needed to get a consent form signed by his father, if I recall correctly. It's not something worth doing for 15 year olds who have only made cameo appearances for reserves, regardless of whether or not the Scottish media is building the player up as something he is yet to prove himself to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

Earlier in this thread a Celtic fan pointed out that Boyata was definitely leaving, so we took the appropriate action.

There's a difference between Odegaard (a regular first team player, an internationalist and someone who made a high profile transfer to Real Madrid) and Dembele (one of many 15 year old kids who is in and around reserve team level for SPFL clubs).

For Odegaard, they needed to get a consent form signed by his father, if I recall correctly. It's not something worth doing for 15 year olds who have only made cameo appearances for reserves, regardless of whether or not the Scottish media is building the player up as something he is yet to prove himself to be.

That's cool I can understand why he wouldn't be in. I reckon he'll be in next years. Yeah you're right about Odegaard, I remember seeing the tweet with his dad granting them permission.

Also meant to write in my last message. When you check some of the bios of the players the appearances and goals don't tally up. Calum McGregor's bio says he's only played something like 44 league games for Celtic but if you look from season 14/15 onwards he's played way more league games and scored more goals too. Edouard is the same, he played and scored in the league last season but if you start a save with Celtic his bio won't include last season's info. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2018 at 13:40, Cedrik said:

No, you can't make a comparison in the way that you did with Robertson. A PA of 170 is simply way too high for Tierney at this moment, of course unless you genuinely feel he can become the best left back in the world. 

Not all PA actually come to fruition, potential is subjective, anything can happen to change the PA, from injuries to personal problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2018 at 10:58, Stuart Milne said:

I'm not really sure that's necessary. The 'talk' was the Hearts manager just causing mischief. He has an Australian grandmother, not dual citizenship. 

I've shared this quote in the Stoke thread and noticed Harry had been changed off the same report to have Australian second nationality. Ideally assume we want both to have or have not as same situation? just thought id share and mention it so best solutions can be found. 

On note of that was in there to mention seeing McClean signing for Rangers in alot of peoples saves on facebook. Without wanting to get into politics, not sure this is the entirely most realistic transfer in the world, is there a way to reduce the likelyhood of this happening from a Rangers end? Stoke researcher looking into this too but suggested it would be a Rangers dislike rather than a player dislike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be better as a player dislike in theory, but I don't think anyone would want to get involved in the politics of the situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

It would be better as a player dislike in theory, but I don't think anyone would want to get involved in the politics of the situation

Thats fair really difficult to explain that one without highlighting the political side that none of us want. Did manage to find some evidence of him being a celtic fan so put that over there even just getting that added to his profile might help the realism of the sim in that instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but in my save I’ve noticed Celtic are involved in the UEFA Youth League (U19 Champions Cup) but Hamilton are not? In reality Hamilton won the under 17s league last season and should be part of the youth league as they are in reality. This doesn’t seem accurate in game or am I misunderstanding something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adebeaut said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but in my save I’ve noticed Celtic are involved in the UEFA Youth League (U19 Champions Cup) but Hamilton are not? In reality Hamilton won the under 17s league last season and should be part of the youth league as they are in reality. This doesn’t seem accurate in game or am I misunderstanding something? 

The competition Hamilton won is not in the database (because we didn’t have the u17s in it last time around) therefore presumably the game has nothing to go on as to who should be in that UEFA Youth league.

As such it’s defaulting to Celtic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rare (?) instance of a researcher noticing his own error, I just realised that Scott MacKenzie is still at Partick Thistle. He was dismissed along with Archibald and Paterson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2018 at 12:47, Stuart Milne said:

Earlier in this thread a Celtic fan pointed out that Boyata was definitely leaving, so we took the appropriate action.

There's a difference between Odegaard (a regular first team player, an internationalist and someone who made a high profile transfer to Real Madrid) and Dembele (one of many 15 year old kids who is in and around reserve team level for SPFL clubs).

For Odegaard, they needed to get a consent form signed by his father, if I recall correctly. It's not something worth doing for 15 year olds who have only made cameo appearances for reserves, regardless of whether or not the Scottish media is building the player up as something he is yet to prove himself to be.

 

understand why the fan said that as Boyata's agent said at the time he'd definitely leave, but the manager was quoted just the other day saying he could stay. 

 

“There is always a possibility, but we just have to see. It is between him and the club.

“What is good is that he is focused and playing well. His development in the last couple of years has been fantastic.“All I ask, whether they’re here for one day more or ten years more, is they give their all. I can ask no more from Dedryck because that’s what he has done.”

 

so ideally it should be unlikely he stays but if offered enough money or enjoys the rest of the season enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

celtic's season ticket sales are far too low. I mean I can understand the underwhelment after Brendan Rodgers, but I've just taken over, and we've sold 31,785 and they expect it to go up to 36,900.

 

last season we sold out at over 50,000. 

 

also having sold Dembele for 20 million at the last minute id expect us to have the vast majority of it to spend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, madeirabhoy said:

celtic's season ticket sales are far too low. I mean I can understand the underwhelment after Brendan Rodgers, but I've just taken over, and we've sold 31,785 and they expect it to go up to 36,900.

 

last season we sold out at over 50,000. 

 

also having sold Dembele for 20 million at the last minute id expect us to have the vast majority of it to spend. 

The database has a figure of 52000 season ticket holders for Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you able to tell me how to update players bios because I've noticed a few errors with some Celtic players.

If you look at Rogic and McGregor the stats don't add up. With Rogic bio it says he's played 44 games for Celtic and no goals but he's played way more than 44 league games plus he's scored numerous times. Even if you look at his profile from 14/15 onwards to current he's played a lot of league games and scored goals. It's the exact same for Calum McGregor. I know there is the editor data but does the players bio's appear on there? Maybe it is there I just couldn't see it.

I think what's happened with McGregor is that his 16/17 and 17/18 stats are missing from his bio. If you read his bio it shows that he's played 44 games and scored 6 goals. I've attached his total stats.

McGregor.docx

Edited by littledragon84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, littledragon84 said:

Are you able to tell me how to update players bios because I've noticed a few errors with some Celtic players.

If you look at Rogic and McGregor the stats don't add up. With Rogic bio it says he's played 44 games for Celtic and no goals but he's played way more than 44 league games plus he's scored numerous times. Even if you look at his profile from 14/15 onwards to current he's played a lot of league games and scored goals. It's the exact same for Calum McGregor. I know there is the editor data but does the players bio's appear on there? Maybe it is there I just couldn't see it.

I think what's happened with McGregor is that his 16/17 and 17/18 stats are missing from his bio. If you read his bio it shows that he's played 44 games and scored 6 goals. I've attached his total stats.

McGregor.docx

His 16/17, 17/18 histories aren’t missing from the database itself though. As researchers, we have nothing to do with the bios, it’s the AI that generates them. If it’s not showing up correctly, you’re going to have to report it as a bug over in the bug forum, cheers.

*Edit*

Having a look at McGregor's bio, it's definitely badly written. "In a playing career that spanned just 4 years from 2009 to 2013, McGregor made 81 appearances and scored 18 goals" It appears to be using the season 13/14 end date for his Notts County loan as  the end of his career, while then using the 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 stats to give a total of 81/18 for his total career stats. :herman: So yeah, if you could report it as a bug, that would be grand, as I've no idea what it's doing, as all the dates and histories are in the database.

Edited by Giro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2018 at 21:45, montrosefc said:

Just spotted two Gary Cennerazo's with identical date of birth. One at Spartans and One on free transfer.

Yup, this one was an oversight on my part. Any chance we can remove the Spartans one from the DB and move the free transfer version to the club @Stuart Milne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Yup, this one was an oversight on my part. Any chance we can remove the Spartans one from the DB and move the free transfer version to the club @Stuart Milne?

Of course, but not until any official database update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed an error for the Ayr United U18 coaching team. John Crawford is actually the manager and Craig Dargo is his assistant. John also has the wrong D.O.B listed. He is down as 3/2/1964 but is actually 3/10/1953. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small thing I noticed with Gareth McAuley ID:121047. He has Lincoln x Shrewsbury as his senior debut, but he used to play for Coleraine, Crusaders and Ballyclare Comrades before that. I would imagine that Ballyclare would be the team he did his senior debut, and certainly not for Lincoln in 2004, but unfortunately I can't seem to find the exact date or opposition he made his debut against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was having some discussion with some fellow managers and not at the computer at present so going off some screenshots and memory. 

In our saves we're all managing rangers and are all rangers fans. This may create some bias but we all in agreement right now that Morelos feels like a huge problem. And in most cases often the first guy being flagged for replacement in rangers team - drastically different from real life where he's one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Comparing his stats from last year's game and this year's game for me I'm struggling to make sense of it. His composure, consentration and decisions all drastically reduced. While teamwork also taken a hit.

I understand that last year he was judged by a different researcher from a different league which may have some baring. But I also struggle to understand such drops. He had a bad second half of the season last year and struggled in the bigger games but shouldn't that effect his big game stat rather than general. While during his struggles was a bad patch for entire squad. While his current stats means he offers very little goal threat - which is in contrast to how he's performed in real life bar that bad patch. 

Last year on the game Morelos was always on the fringes of the Columbian side much like he is in real life just having made his first cap. This reduction means he gets nowhere close anymore. 

I would think some changes would be fair for better or worse. Once I can get to pc I'll offer more information on stuff that I think needs changed. Good and bad. But I do feel Morelos of 18 was much closer to real life Morelos than Morelos of 19 

 

Edit: At PC now so can discuss slightly easier. Looking at pregame editor for both I can see Morelos had a CA boost (using january window update) and a PA reduction - PA reduction seems harsh to me but hes older so can accept it. 

Trying hard to look at stats to see where this gain has been made and honestly don't understand them - would also suggest reducing big matches to try and mitigate some changes to Morelos. It seems fairly high given his record in big games since moving to Rangers where hes struggled. One of the big changes I noticed is hes gone from a 0 value for corner to 11. Has he taken a single corner for Rangers? I honestly can't remember him taking one and 11 corners is fairly decent. Also noticing 13 crossing which is 1 below Tavernier in the same squad. Id suggest this could also be reduced as his balls into the box really haven't been that great when in a wide position especially when compared to players such as Tavernier and Candieas (spelling) one of which i mentioned earlier in this thread but accepted that there was reason for the stat. I think the 3 highlighted Mental stats are creating a big problem for Alfredo in game. 

 

Sorry to be a pain - know ive been in here a lot just want to help have Scotland the best it can be in game and something I'm very passionate about. 

Edited by wardog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 10:48, wardog said:

Comparing his stats from last year's game and this year's game for me I'm struggling to make sense of it. His composure, consentration and decisions all drastically reduced. While teamwork also taken a hit.

 

I can kind of see where the stats drop could come from. He missed a lot of 1v1s last year from what I can remember and snatched at a lot of shots aswell and attempting daft shots. Obviously I decisions would come from the silly yellows he'd get (I've heard he never got booked or anything while in Finland but don't have evidence) as well as the daft shots.

Teamwork I don't understand as he's always playing for the team even when he had a tough few months last year, maybe again due to the yellow cards etc?

 

Maybe a stats boost come January might happen especially if he keeps up current form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zapata said:

I can kind of see where the stats drop could come from. He missed a lot of 1v1s last year from what I can remember and snatched at a lot of shots aswell and attempting daft shots. Obviously I decisions would come from the silly yellows he'd get (I've heard he never got booked or anything while in Finland but don't have evidence) as well as the daft shots.

Teamwork I don't understand as he's always playing for the team even when he had a tough few months last year, maybe again due to the yellow cards etc?

 

Maybe a stats boost come January might happen especially if he keeps up current form.

The one on ones were mostly in big games which is why I suggested reducing big games over general stats. 

The Finland comment I can't respond to as never seen but seems like he's glued to a yellow in scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wardog said:

The one on ones were mostly in big games which is why I suggested reducing big games over general stats. 

The Finland comment I can't respond to as never seen but seems like he's glued to a yellow in scotland

 

Reducing his big games stat isn't going to have much of an effect on CA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WeePaul said:

 

Reducing his big games stat isn't going to have much of an effect on CA. 

I suggested general stats to be changed too. Crossing - the corner increase aswell makes little sense. His CA is probably about right so i have no arguements on that just the split. Right now Morelos in game isn't close to Morelos in real life. Even when the AI plays as Rangers Sadiq is ahead of him in pecking order, while when being managed by humans - of which I have spoken to many others - hes often sold fairly quickly into saves. For me and opinion of at least those I've spoken to Morelos isn't set correct in game and doesn't play how he does in real life. If you look at his performances for Rangers the "big misses" they have been discussed that could make these changes have came against Celtic, with only 1 or 2 in other games, and the one on his international debut. In game these misses happen 2/3 times a game. Part of that i think is this years engine all strikers suffering that, but its far more of an issue for a player like morelos who was top scorer last year and 2nd this year behind the penalty taker. In game hes rarely getting about 10 a season which is pretty awful for a first choice striker. Also no where near the Columbia set up which hes on the fringes of in real life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 10:48, wardog said:

Comparing his stats from last year's game and this year's game for me I'm struggling to make sense of it. His composure, consentration and decisions all drastically reduced. While teamwork also taken a hit.

I understand that last year he was judged by a different researcher from a different league which may have some baring. But I also struggle to understand such drops. He had a bad second half of the season last year and struggled in the bigger games but shouldn't that effect his big game stat rather than general. While during his struggles was a bad patch for entire squad. While his current stats means he offers very little goal threat - which is in contrast to how he's performed in real life bar that bad patch. 

Edit: At PC now so can discuss slightly easier. Looking at pregame editor for both I can see Morelos had a CA boost (using january window update) and a PA reduction - PA reduction seems harsh to me but hes older so can accept it. 

Trying hard to look at stats to see where this gain has been made and honestly don't understand them - would also suggest reducing big matches to try and mitigate some changes to Morelos. It seems fairly high given his record in big games since moving to Rangers where hes struggled. One of the big changes I noticed is hes gone from a 0 value for corner to 11. Has he taken a single corner for Rangers? I honestly can't remember him taking one and 11 corners is fairly decent. Also noticing 13 crossing which is 1 below Tavernier in the same squad. Id suggest this could also be reduced as his balls into the box really haven't been that great when in a wide position especially when compared to players such as Tavernier and Candieas (spelling) one of which i mentioned earlier in this thread but accepted that there was reason for the stat. I think the 3 highlighted Mental stats are creating a big problem for Alfredo in game. 

Sorry to be a pain - know ive been in here a lot just want to help have Scotland the best it can be in game and something I'm very passionate about. 

I think there was justification in reducing his composure, concentration and decisions. Especially after last season and he makes a lot of wrong decisions such as shooting instead of passing a lot of the time. Teamwork shouldn't be as low though.

Will take a look at the big match rating as you are right that he hasn't produced the goods in some of the bigger matches and had some high profile misses.

The corner thing will just be filling out his attributes. He's an established player now so all the attributes should be filled in. Just because he hasn't taken a corner doesn't mean he can't so that's an obvious difficult one to judge. With the crossing he's put some very good balls into the box from wide areas. Mostly driven along the ground rather than what you would class as a typical cross. That's when he's not shooting on sight.

No need to apologise as your feedback has been great and it's good to discuss things like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ter said:

I think there was justification in reducing his composure, concentration and decisions. Especially after last season and he makes a lot of wrong decisions such as shooting instead of passing a lot of the time. Teamwork shouldn't be as low though.

Will take a look at the big match rating as you are right that he hasn't produced the goods in some of the bigger matches and had some high profile misses.

The corner thing will just be filling out his attributes. He's an established player now so all the attributes should be filled in. Just because he hasn't taken a corner doesn't mean he can't so that's an obvious difficult one to judge. With the crossing he's put some very good balls into the box from wide areas. Mostly driven along the ground rather than what you would class as a typical cross. That's when he's not shooting on sight.

No need to apologise as your feedback has been great and it's good to discuss things like this. 

Fair enough in many of these points. Would it be fair to suggest if current form continues him get a little boost again in those stats. Help him with goals in game and put him back in contention with Columbia? Even if it's on fringes like last year. 

Suspect this could already be in place for January but giving him the argues with officials ppm. I'll probably regret suggesting that when he gets sent off for arguing with a ref in a big game. 

Last request - different subject same team. Is there any way in database that can prevent McGregor from retiring at the end of this season? This probably been one of his best seasons and again seeing him regularly retiring in saves. Alot of his comments suggesting he'll at least see out his contract. Unsure if that's a possible data fix or just a game seeing an aging player. But I know that begging him won't get him to stay on another year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...