Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

Recommended Posts

On 24/10/2018 at 17:46, Kanwulf said:

I’d guess that our balance is set low BECAUSE we spent so much

 

On 24/10/2018 at 18:03, weekyle13 said:

Possibly.

Yes, first transfer window budgets are affected by real life deals done. 

I think some English clubs have budgets below £5m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayr United Issues

Michael Moffat - Wrong Date of Birth

Correct date is 15/02/1985

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/michael-moffat/

Ross Docherty - Wrong Date of Birth

Correct date is 23/01/1993

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ross-docherty/

Ian McCall - Two entries in Manager History for Ayr

Joined 5/1/2015

https://stv.tv/sport/football/305477-ian-mccall-named-new-manager-of-struggling-league-1-side-ayr-united/

4 current Ayr United reserve players start as Free Agents

Nathan Baird, James Hilton, Kieran Balfour, Grant Thorburn

Team Line-ups below show they are still at the club

https://www.facebook.com/122758041085313/photos/a.253734687987647/2239681096059653/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/122758041085313/photos/a.253734687987647/2267994783228284/?type=3&theater

https://twitter.com/AyrUnitedFC/status/1052151623907241984

Michael Hewitt - Wrong club

Should be at Ayr United not Rangers

See Line-ups above

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2018 at 15:29, weekyle13 said:

Why are celtic so overpowered this year only lost 1 league game the whole season when they lost the first game of the season irl. For them to spend 17 million and only to have 5 mil as a budget and only bring in 2 million im pretty sure 5 + 2 isnt 17.

One of the most biased posts iv seen on here,

point 1 - first game of the season in real life celtic won 3-1 😂

point 2 - celtic have dominated scottish football in all 3 competitions for the last 2 seasons

point 3 - Celtic are in a different league when it comes to finances between them and rangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

Any news on a update to jack hendry’s passing of 2? 

Do you think it should be 1, terrible overrated player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Do you think it should be 1, terrible overrated player. 

Terrible player but even gordon has above 5 for passing and his passing is brutal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan1888 said:

Terrible player but even gordon has above 5 for passing and his passing is brutal

Just pulling yer leg mate, 2 is low, I'd say 6-7 be about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Conor2 said:

Will the u18 league winners get a place in the Uefa youth league for the following season, like accies irl?

Happened in last years game, so hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2018 at 22:22, jc1 said:

Will just have to do it with the editors like last season then, ta.

How do you change normal loans to development loans? Been looking to do this myself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Adebeaut said:

How do you change normal loans to development loans? Been looking to do this myself 

Pre editor and take them off the loan they're on, then when in game offer out on loan again ticking the play for reserve/ dev team option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Pre editor and take them off the loan they're on, then when in game offer out on loan again ticking the play for reserve/ dev team option.

As far as I know, development loans are in FM19. Like's been said, as researchers, we can't set loans as development loans but in the league rules, it's set that U23s are allowed to play for their parent clubs reserves, as long as parent & loan clubs aren't in the same reserve division.

Edited by Giro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giro said:

As far as I know, development loans are in FM19. Like's been said, as researchers, we can't set loans as development loans but in the league rules, it's set that U23s are allowed to play for their parent clubs reserves, as long as parent & loan clubs aren't in the same reserve division.

They were there last year too but as you said the researchers cannot set them as such, so the only way to put players on them is to take them off their loans in the pre game editor, then once you fire up the game from start put them out on loan again with the Dev bit ticked. No real big problem just a bit annoying that it cannot be done by you guys in the 1st place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2018 at 10:47, RandomGuy. said:

 

Yes, first transfer window budgets are affected by real life deals done. 

I think some English clubs have budgets below £5m.

Fair Enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2018 at 16:16, Logan1888 said:

One of the most biased posts iv seen on here,

point 1 - first game of the season in real life celtic won 3-1 😂

point 2 - celtic have dominated scottish football in all 3 competitions for the last 2 seasons

point 3 - Celtic are in a different league when it comes to finances between them and rangers

Point 1 - My apoligies i thought yous played Hearts in the 1-0 loss on the first game when it was the second, Point 2 +3- 100% Agree with that however i still don't think they could go out and sign Nelson Semedo from barcelona irl like what happened on my save as i mentioned in another message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jc1 said:

They were there last year too but as you said the researchers cannot set them as such, so the only way to put players on them is to take them off their loans in the pre game editor, then once you fire up the game from start put them out on loan again with the Dev bit ticked. No real big problem just a bit annoying that it cannot be done by you guys in the 1st place.

Aye, sorry, I fully understand now. 😄 I thought that even though we couldn’t set development loans, the fact the rules said that players could play, meant that it was a work a round for the players we initially set on loan. Obviously not, which is a pain in the archie! 

Edited by Giro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With new information released regards to Celtics 59.3m wage bill over the past 48 hours, matching that of previous reports will we see this increased in game. In the links below Rangers wages are similar to the suggested figures while Aberdeen and Celtic are drastically below theirs. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-aberdeen-rank-britains-13505684

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3233421/celtic-financial-results-karamoko-dembele-mikey-johnston-peter-lawwell/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A minor issue that I found (likely not the Rangers researchers doing either) but....

Nikola Katic is fluent in Macedonian and only has good Serbian language skills in the game. I would suggest reversing these as Serbian is much much more similar to Croatian/Bosnian than Macedonian is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno who the Hibs researcher is.. but even from the very back of the East Stand I can tell that Oli Shaw is way taller than the 170cm he's been given. Lad's at least 6'2" (188cm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yer Maw said:

Hamilton Stadium name still not updated. flagged a few times already.

For stuff like that, the SPFL licensing people have to sign off on it, and then after that we can’t change it.

i dunno why they signed off on an incorrect name but once they did our hands were tied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DAVE1875 said:

Dunno who the Hibs researcher is.. but even from the very back of the East Stand I can tell that Oli Shaw is way taller than the 170cm he's been given. Lad's at least 6'2" (188cm)

Get the editor mate,  I do it every year to change the mistakes, lots of things have been untouched for Hibs in the last 3 years.

Edited by jc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I mentioned at the beginning of the Beta release that Hanlon had no testimonial, it's still not been added, the guy is a legend at Hibs.

 

Also new signing Charalampos Mavrias hasn't been added to the game, signed on 17th Oct.

Edited by jc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Goram is a goalkeeping coach this year, should have Manchester United in his favored clubs - source "The Goalie" autobiography

Edited by wardog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jc1 said:

Again I mentioned at the beginning of the Beta release that Hanlon had no testimonial, it's still not been added, the guy is a legend at Hibs.

 

Also new signing Charalampos Mavrias hasn't been added to the game, signed on 17th Oct.

He's in the editor but his first name is shortened to something like Chari 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAVE1875 said:

He's in the editor but his first name is shortened to something like Chari 

Why is he not in the squad though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jc1 said:

Again I mentioned at the beginning of the Beta release that Hanlon had no testimonial, it's still not been added, the guy is a legend at Hibs.

 

Also new signing Charalampos Mavrias hasn't been added to the game, signed on 17th Oct.

I apologise for that I did add Hanlon's testimonial date in, but it was too late to make the last database extraction last Friday, and I did not realise this until reading your message here this morning. I have checked, and the testimonial date field is not in the current editor, so I am adding that functionality to the features database.

Earlier you said that some errors have not been changed for three years. if you could list them then perhaps we can work out whether they are errors or differences of opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Why is he not in the squad though?

I suspect human error, where someone did not pass the details on to someone here at SI. And despite there being a public and private beta for a couple of weeks, nobody else reporting it until now. Apologies for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed a couple of small issues at Montrose;

We shouldn't have a reserve team, just an Under 18s squad.

All red third kit needs added;

DSC_8573.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gripper said:

I apologise for that I did add Hanlon's testimonial date in, but it was too late to make the last database extraction last Friday, and I did not realise this until reading your message here this morning. I have checked, and the testimonial date field is not in the current editor, so I am adding that functionality to the features database.

Earlier you said that some errors have not been changed for three years. if you could list them then perhaps we can work out whether they are errors or differences of opinion.

Don't want to go into so much detail but the majority of the youngsters haven't been touched in a long while  as pointed out in an earlier post Shaw in game is 170cm, he's actually nearly 6ft now, Cullen came on recently and played well, in game his stats mean he should be nowhere near 1st team, same as Lewis Allen who started against Livingston recently. The researcher needs to get in touch with some people at the club and get the stats on the whole squad correct.  As an example Boyle can play rught/left wing, striker and also a decent wingback but he is seen as a winger with striker at 18, Horgan can play across the attacking midfield but in game just left and right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gripper said:

I apologise for that I did add Hanlon's testimonial date in, but it was too late to make the last database extraction last Friday, and I did not realise this until reading your message here this morning. I have checked, and the testimonial date field is not in the current editor, so I am adding that functionality to the features database.

Earlier you said that some errors have not been changed for three years. if you could list them then perhaps we can work out whether they are errors or differences of opinion.

My apologies, Hanlons testimonial was there all along, it was stuck inbetween the 2 Europa games, it was early hours in the morning and I was a bit tired, thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Don't want to go into so much detail but the majority of the youngsters haven't been touched in a long while  as pointed out in an earlier post Shaw in game is 170cm, he's actually nearly 6ft now, Cullen came on recently and played well, in game his stats mean he should be nowhere near 1st team, same as Lewis Allen who started against Livingston recently. The researcher needs to get in touch with some people at the club and get the stats on the whole squad correct.  As an example Boyle can play rught/left wing, striker and also a decent wingback but he is seen as a winger with striker at 18, Horgan can play across the attacking midfield but in game just left and right.

The aim of this forum - the data forum specifically - during the beta phase is for people with that early access to the game to essentially proof read our work. None of us are infallible and researchers can make mistakes. The Hibs researcher, as with any researcher, is tasked with looking after a huge amount of numbers and statistics and something like not updating the height of a player who may have experienced a growth spurt since he was first added to the database is understandable. It can slide under the radar.

If you see a mistake, you let us know and we try our best to fix it. That's how it goes.

But if you criticise the Hibs researcher for not getting certain details correct, but then you don't actually tell us what those details are, then there's nothing we can do. We've probably fixed over 100 issues raised in this thread alone, and had they note been raised then they wouldn't have been.

For what it's worth, Gripper is correct; nobody raised the issue of the Mavrias transfer in this thread. That is a more important piece of information than Hanlon's testimonial in my opinion. Ditto Martin Boyle's position.

As to your other points above...

Both Gullan (not Cullen; which emphasises my point about how easy it is to make mistakes) and Allan (not Allen) were rated by the researchers of the clubs they were on loan at last season, and considering they've only played a tiny amount for Hibs this season I think it's ok that he hasn't brazenly gone in and made them first team ready for Hibs. That's not how we do things. Lots of young players can make a cameo appearance or a random start and quickly fade into obscurity. If by January these guys are playing regularly for Hibs then they'll be improved. If they fall off the radar and never play again before being released and ending up playing for Berwick Rangers, then we'll be shown to be correct.

Lastly, Horgan is 26 and had played over 250 senior games prior to signing for Hibs. He's been in the FM database for a long time and nobody else has ever thought he should have a score for AMC. A quick glance at his career history shows he's played one single game at AMC. For Hibs in the league cup. That's not a justifiable reason for giving him AMC as a visible position. If you want to play him there in your game I'm sure he'll do ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2018 at 19:40, Stuart Milne said:

These are both good spots.

For point 1, it looks like what's happened is the achievement line has been entered but the researcher has not selected 'winner' as the placing of the achievement.

For point 2, I expect purely by accident, a box in the history line saying 'Did not take place' is responsible.

So is there anything that you guys can do about this, or does this need to be sorted out in the editor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zaskalaba said:

So is there anything that you guys can do about this, or does this need to be sorted out in the editor?

At the time you raised it, only issues considered high priority were able to be fixed. Alas, despite it being a good spot and a perfectly valid one, this was more of a cosmetic issue and so wasn't at the top of the pile.

I'll ensure it's sorted for the next database, but you'll be able to edit them yourself in the database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

The aim of this forum - the data forum specifically - during the beta phase is for people with that early access to the game to essentially proof read our work. None of us are infallible and researchers can make mistakes. The Hibs researcher, as with any researcher, is tasked with looking after a huge amount of numbers and statistics and something like not updating the height of a player who may have experienced a growth spurt since he was first added to the database is understandable. It can slide under the radar.

If you see a mistake, you let us know and we try our best to fix it. That's how it goes.

But if you criticise the Hibs researcher for not getting certain details correct, but then you don't actually tell us what those details are, then there's nothing we can do. We've probably fixed over 100 issues raised in this thread alone, and had they note been raised then they wouldn't have been.

For what it's worth, Gripper is correct; nobody raised the issue of the Mavrias transfer in this thread. That is a more important piece of information than Hanlon's testimonial in my opinion. Ditto Martin Boyle's position.

As to your other points above...

Both Gullan (not Cullen; which emphasises my point about how easy it is to make mistakes) and Allan (not Allen) were rated by the researchers of the clubs they were on loan at last season, and considering they've only played a tiny amount for Hibs this season I think it's ok that he hasn't brazenly gone in and made them first team ready for Hibs. That's not how we do things. Lots of young players can make a cameo appearance or a random start and quickly fade into obscurity. If by January these guys are playing regularly for Hibs then they'll be improved. If they fall off the radar and never play again before being released and ending up playing for Berwick Rangers, then we'll be shown to be correct.

Lastly, Horgan is 26 and had played over 250 senior games prior to signing for Hibs. He's been in the FM database for a long time and nobody else has ever thought he should have a score for AMC. A quick glance at his career history shows he's played one single game at AMC. For Hibs in the league cup. That's not a justifiable reason for giving him AMC as a visible position. If you want to play him there in your game I'm sure he'll do ok.

Surely it's the researchers job to do just that and by ignoring all stats of the younger development players for the past 2 years isn't being a researcher. Whether some of these youngsters get the odd game or bench appearance surely means they've improved enough to be considered and not like the stats say nowhere near 1st level. 

Anyway, enough of this, I'll use the editor as norm to make the players the levels they deserve, it's always amusing firing up the game and seeing one of our most reliable dependable consistent left backs Stevenson have a squad position as backup, similar with Boyle. 

I go to all the development home games and see these youngsters develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jc1 said:

Surely it's the researchers job to do just that and by ignoring all stats of the younger development players for the past 2 years isn't being a researcher. Whether some of these youngsters get the odd game or bench appearance surely means they've improved enough to be considered and not like the stats say nowhere near 1st level. 

Anyway, enough of this, I'll use the editor as norm to make the players the levels they deserve, it's always amusing firing up the game and seeing one of our most reliable dependable consistent left backs Stevenson have a squad position as backup, similar with Boyle. 

I go to all the development home games and see these youngsters develop.

Well for a start, the current researcher wasn't in the post last year. He was Hibs researcher 3 or 4 years ago and took the job back on. But to give you an example of him 'ignoring all stats of younger development players', Ryan Porteous's CA has been raised from 60 to 95 since FM18. Why? Because he's actually become a member of the first team squad. Every player in that reserve squad is good enough to at least play League Two football. But like *every other team in the Premiership* we don't rank kids who have played 28 minutes of football as better than first team players in the Championship. That would be terrible practice.

And no, I don't think that you can get much of an indication on how good a player truly is through reserve football. Look at Ross County's u20s league winning side of 2016/17. I think maybe three of them are still in senior football.

You can feel free to go into the editor and change things that you subjectively feel are wrong, but it's not fair to label them mistakes. To your first line, it's the researcher's job to be balanced and objective, and the player's right to disagree with his or her ratings and make their favourite team as great as they want in the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

Well for a start, the current researcher wasn't in the post last year. He was Hibs researcher 3 or 4 years ago and took the job back on. But to give you an example of him 'ignoring all stats of younger development players', Ryan Porteous's CA has been raised from 60 to 95 since FM18. Why? Because he's actually become a member of the first team squad. Every player in that reserve squad is good enough to at least play League Two football. But like *every other team in the Premiership* we don't rank kids who have played 28 minutes of football as better than first team players in the Championship. That would be terrible practice.

And no, I don't think that you can get much of an indication on how good a player truly is through reserve football. Look at Ross County's u20s league winning side of 2016/17. I think maybe three of them are still in senior football.

You can feel free to go into the editor and change things that you subjectively feel are wrong, but it's not fair to label them mistakes. To your first line, it's the researcher's job to be balanced and objective, and the player's right to disagree with his or her ratings and make their favourite team as great as they want in the editor.

Thanks for your reply, we'll agree to disagree on this and call it a day I think, could go round in circles all day. 😉 

I'm off to play the game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect, Kieran Tierney has a PA of 170.

Isn't that a little bit over the top for a player who has only proven himself in the Scottish Premiership? I understand Tierney is very talented, I agree upon this as well, but his current set PA is as far as I can see now the highest of any left back in the game, making him potentially the best left back in the world. Little bit exaggerated if you ask me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weekyle13 said:

Full game has been released and still no Colin Stewart as Rangers goalkeeping coach.

This was missed. Apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cedrik said:

With all due respect, Kieran Tierney has a PA of 170.

Isn't that a little bit over the top for a player who has only proven himself in the Scottish Premiership? I understand Tierney is very talented, I agree upon this as well, but his current set PA is as far as I can see now the highest of any left back in the game, making him potentially the best left back in the world. Little bit exaggerated if you ask me :)

Possibly a slight bit too high, but then again Andy Robertson has 162. If he had that while at Queen's Park or Dundee United, I doubt anyone would find it feasible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but at this moment I think we can say that Robertson has proven himself for one of the best teams in the world, that plays in one of the best leagues in the world. Therefore, even though I get your point, you can't really approach it that way.  

Edited by Cedrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

Possibly a slight bit too high, but then again Andy Robertson has 162. If he had that while at Queen's Park or Dundee United, I doubt anyone would find it feasible.

This is the problem with PA as you mention above and as myself and other have mentioned elsewhere in the thread we disagree with many of the PA situations. Your response to the lad asking about Hibs also answers my previous comments regards to rangers youngsters CA aswell. 

Just as im curious how is PA judged? I only ask this as theres 2 players id mention that at least in the media have the same hype as 2 others in game, yet the potentials are drastically different 2 of these 4. I wont complain as these are obviously extremely subjective and opinionated stats its just a curiousity thing. Why does a 19 year old Mikey Johnstone has exactly a 145 PA while Glenn Middleton has -7 which would on the best roll of the dice max out at 140 and potentially as low as 110 (i am right in that maths), - while middleton has done more at youth level for country and only 4 senior appearances less and a year younger. (source on that is wiki)  Aidan Wilson is also 19 and -75. That just feels slightly inconsistent. Ewan Henderson whos also 18 also has an exact 145PA Potential - according to wiki hes made 1 senior appearance for Celtic and 1 youth international for Scotland and that was at U17 level - why is he getting a fixed and locked PA? Connor McBride also has a fixed potential at 17 i cant find any information on his apperances to give thoughts on this. 

I get some players do have fixed PA's but I think to have a locked 145PA potential for 2 players who between them have very little senior games while another is given a  -7 seems a little unjust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started my first game since the full launch and noticed for some reason Ayr have two friendlies against Celtic and Nots Forrest at meadow bank Edinburgh as a neutral venue. Can’t think of any valid reason whyit would be here and not at Somerset? Was also under the impression meadow bank is now closed to be redeveloped hence Edinburgh city sharing with Spartans

3528AB60-C0AE-4F73-908C-133CC7E59A65.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cedrik said:

I agree, but at this moment I think we can say that Robertson has proven himself for one of the best teams in the world, that plays in one of the best leagues in the world. Therefore, even though I get your point, you can't really approach it that way.  

Yes you can, and that's exactly what we've always done.

It's Potential Ability, not Current Ability. We can look at Tierney and the progress he's made at the age he's made and say we believe he could improve and even excel in a higher quality league. The same applies to an u18 who we believe could make it at first team level. We're not saying he's this good now, but we believe he could be this good later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wardog said:

This is the problem with PA as you mention above and as myself and other have mentioned elsewhere in the thread we disagree with many of the PA situations. Your response to the lad asking about Hibs also answers my previous comments regards to rangers youngsters CA aswell. 

Just as im curious how is PA judged? I only ask this as theres 2 players id mention that at least in the media have the same hype as 2 others in game, yet the potentials are drastically different 2 of these 4. I wont complain as these are obviously extremely subjective and opinionated stats its just a curiousity thing. Why does a 19 year old Mikey Johnstone has exactly a 145 PA while Glenn Middleton has -7 which would on the best roll of the dice max out at 140 and potentially as low as 110 (i am right in that maths), - while middleton has done more at youth level for country and only 4 senior appearances less and a year younger. (source on that is wiki)  Aidan Wilson is also 19 and -75. That just feels slightly inconsistent. Ewan Henderson whos also 18 also has an exact 145PA Potential - according to wiki hes made 1 senior appearance for Celtic and 1 youth international for Scotland and that was at U17 level - why is he getting a fixed and locked PA? Connor McBride also has a fixed potential at 17 i cant find any information on his apperances to give thoughts on this. 

I get some players do have fixed PA's but I think to have a locked 145PA potential for 2 players who between them have very little senior games while another is given a  -7 seems a little unjust. 

I don't think there has ever been or will ever be a consistent way of approaching potential in as much as we don't set specific criteria based on youth caps etc. A lot of it is left to the individual researcher and in the main I'll trust them to get on with it.

What we do do however is urge our researchers to set a 'fixed' potential ability rather than a 'minus' one once a player has established himself in the first team. 

But then you raise a good point comparing Middleton and Johnstone because they are quite similar. Neither are fully established first team players yet, and yet one researcher has chosen to give a fixed potential and another a minus one. I would say that in a sense, both are slightly wrong but at the same time it's difficult to find the right way.

I would say that being on a periphery of the first XI each week, they have the potential to be good enough to be regular first team starters. At the moment for Celtic, that's maybe 120-137 and for Rangers, 116 - 130.

So what do you give them? -7 has the potential to mean their development would cap just about where they currently are, but could also make them potential stars for both teams. A score of -75 puts them from being at worst 120 (which would be ok) to 150 (which on the current evidence, would be a bit of a leap).

You could say "Why not give them both 135" and that would be fine, although I'd like there to be a sense of variability in their potential when they are yet to be fully established. 

As for the other ones you mention...

I don't think McBride should have a fixed one, and I'll look at changing that. Ditto Henderson.

I'm ok with Wilson having -75 as he's still young enough for that to become a reality, but he would need to show signs big of development this season (and be a standout at Forfar) to justify carrying a potential like that, fixed or minus, into Football Manager 20.

Does all that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...