Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] Data Issues

24 minutes ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Noticed that rangers still play cambuslang in a friendly every year in the game, does this still happen in real life? and if so shouldnt it be the reserve squad that gets this fixture? Don’t think Gerrard took a team there this year. 

James tavernier only has an 8 for flair surely this is a bit low considering the amount of goals/chances he creates?  

Brian Gilmour
Kevin Thomson
Malky Thomson
Gregory Vignal 

stephen Wright 

colin Stewart (gk) Graeme Smith (gk) all youth coaches are missing from rangers 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C._Under-20s_and_Academy

Wright's the Intermediate Academy & School Coach, so he won't be included because the kids he coaches aren't old enough to be in the game. Thomson's & Vignal are also U13-15. Anyone that doesn't coach at at least U18 level, wont be included. But yeah, as mentioned earlier, Stewart should be the Rangers first team GK coach.

Edited by Giro

1 minute ago, Stuart Milne said:

If they are involved below u18 level then they are not added to the game.

Milne :(

40 minutes ago, Aussieliverpool said:

John Souttar should have Australian as a 2nd nationality but be declared for Scotland, there was talk about him being capped by us before Scotland did. https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/scottish-player-eligible-for-socceroos

I'm not really sure that's necessary. The 'talk' was the Hearts manager just causing mischief. He has an Australian grandmother, not dual citizenship. 

On 19/10/2018 at 11:51, Jinky Larsson said:

Celtic sold dembele to Lyon on deadline day, but there are no clauses for his transfer in the transfer tab. There were add ones and future transfer clauses

That's a French data issue, but even if it was a Scottish one, you'd need to provide evidence.

Just a small thing. Looking at Dunfermline Athletic, under fierce rivals it has none, however Falkirk and Faith are considered fierce rivals. (Will provide screenshot tomorrow)

Sharon brown and Christopher McKay are Celtic board members - http://www.celticfc.net/pages/corporate_boardofdirectors

Jack Hendry starts in the reserves in the game but is actually a first team player. De Vries, Comper, Allan, Gamboa, Eboue, are the same. They haven’t played in the reserves and are first team squad members.

Celtic legends and icons should be reviewed. Many people missing - Jimmy Johnstone, jock stein, Henrik Larsson, Billy McNeil etc

celtic Park has 2900 safe standing - could this be shown during matches at home?

no chance Mulumbu is a first team player, more of a backup, he won’t be on 15 grand a week and he’s not worth 7 million. Tierney should be a key player.lustig is a first team player and not a backup. Allen, Compper, De vries, benyu should be changed to not needed and on the transfer list. Johnny Hayes is a backup but not someone who Celtic would want to leave right now. Emilio Izaguire is a backup to KT.

leiceseter can recall Filip Benkovic in January’s transfer window (optional) - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372834/celtic-filip-benkovic-leicester-return-january-harry-maguire/

Boyata dosent want to sign new contract and will leave at the end of the season. Rodgers confirmed this.

George Mccluskey is listed as an u 18s coach but he’s a u16s - http://www.celticfc.net/pages/academycoaches 

tranfer budget that you start with for Celtic is way to small considering they received 19,75 million on deadline day for Dembele and also considering how little they spent in January. 

Boyata and Ntcham are more highly influential in the squad hierarchy that Izzaguire considering they play every game. 

I've picked up a player called James Grant, who according to the game is 155cm (5'1)

Now, not only would that make him the 3rd shortest player in the history of football (based on a 2 minutes Google search which shouldn't be relied upon)... he is apparently 5' 10.

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=8098

Did someone leave the '0' off the end?

Hearts

John Rankin is the hearts u18s manager

Hearts didn't actually go to a training camp in Germany despite initially planning to

Hearts pitch should be listed as a hybrid not grass

Other issues

Livingstons pitch should be synthetic 

Hampdens pitch is 55m wide for some reason 

1 hour ago, Stuart Robertson said:

Hearts

John Rankin is the hearts u18s manager

Hearts didn't actually go to a training camp in Germany despite initially planning to

Hearts pitch should be listed as a hybrid not grass

Other issues

Livingstons pitch should be synthetic 

Hampdens pitch is 55m wide for some reason 

Good spot with the surface, I'd forgot to add that in. Thanks. Rankin is currently with Clyde as a player and can't have cross clubs duel role so that can't be added just now. The training camp isn't set it must just be randomised at the start of the game..I've seen us go to Spain and Nothern Ireland aswell.

James Tavernier overall needs looked at. He is Rangers best player by all accounts and his attributes aren’t as good as they should be. Flair, work rate, stamina, aggression, composure, penalty taking, leadership teamwork and vision are all noticeably lower than they should be. 

11 minutes ago, Steven_13 said:

James Tavernier overall needs looked at. He is Rangers best player by all accounts and his attributes aren’t as good as they should be. Flair, work rate, stamina, aggression, composure, penalty taking, leadership teamwork and vision are all noticeably lower than they should be. 

If we raise all of those he'll be taking Kieran Trippier's place in the England squad.

His CA is perfectly acceptable for the form he has shown and level he is playing. So, in summation, of you wish his Flair, work rate, stamina, aggression, composure, penalty taking, leadership teamwork and vision to be increased, which attributes do we decrease to balance his profile? 

6 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Just a small thing. Looking at Dunfermline Athletic, under fierce rivals it has none, however Falkirk and Faith are considered fierce rivals. (Will provide screenshot tomorrow)

How did you type that with your 7 fingers? 😛 Yeah, both I and the Dunfermline researcher had us at 20 for the rivalry, but it was effecting transfers between the clubs, which obviously isn’t the case irl, so we were advised to lower the rivalry to 16, so it’s still strong but transfers between the clubs are still likely to happen.

Edited by Giro

26 minutes ago, Steven_13 said:

If he was Rangers' best player by all accounts, the Rangers researcher would have agreed with you and set him as such...

1 minute ago, Stuart Milne said:

If he was Rangers' best player by all accounts, the Rangers researcher would have agreed with you and set him as such...

Well Steven Gerrard seems to think so. 

1 hour ago, Sean Gartland said:

Sharon brown and Christopher McKay are Celtic board members - http://www.celticfc.net/pages/corporate_boardofdirectors

Jack Hendry starts in the reserves in the game but is actually a first team player. De Vries, Comper, Allan, Gamboa, Eboue, are the same. They haven’t played in the reserves and are first team squad members.

Celtic legends and icons should be reviewed. Many people missing - Jimmy Johnstone, jock stein, Henrik Larsson, Billy McNeil etc

celtic Park has 2900 safe standing - could this be shown during matches at home?

no chance Mulumbu is a first team player, more of a backup, he won’t be on 15 grand a week and he’s not worth 7 million. Tierney should be a key player.lustig is a first team player and not a backup. Allen, Compper, De vries, benyu should be changed to not needed and on the transfer list. Johnny Hayes is a backup but not someone who Celtic would want to leave right now. Emilio Izaguire is a backup to KT.

leiceseter can recall Filip Benkovic in January’s transfer window (optional) - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372834/celtic-filip-benkovic-leicester-return-january-harry-maguire/

Boyata dosent want to sign new contract and will leave at the end of the season. Rodgers confirmed this.

George Mccluskey is listed as an u 18s coach but he’s a u16s - http://www.celticfc.net/pages/academycoaches 

tranfer budget that you start with for Celtic is way to small considering they received 19,75 million on deadline day for Dembele and also considering how little they spent in January. 

Boyata and Ntcham are more highly influential in the squad hierarchy that Izzaguire considering they play every game. 

Hi Sean, thanks for the feedback.

We don't set the squad players start the game in (i.e. we don't put Jack Hendry into Celtic's reserve team), the game assigns these players into teams based on their ratings. The same applies for squad status, squad heirarchy and transfer values. Basically these are coding things rather than data things.

So, with that said, we aren't going to make players artificially better than they are just so they appear in the first team squad page rather than the reserve page.

Despite being first team squad members, de Vries, Comper, Allan, Gamboa and Eboue have played a combined 1 single first team league appearance this season between them. That, despite what you might want to label them, makes then reserves.

Jack Hendry has played first team games for Celtic, but is not a particularly good player. Indeed, it's pretty much accepted that Celtic's defence when playing against teams of a higher standard, is often found wanting.

Unless Sharon Brown and Christopher McKay are likely to make a bid to take over Celtic, they aren't particularly important to add to the database, so this would be a low priority fix.

The legends/icons point is valid.

I'll make sure Boyata and Benkovic are updated.

McCluskey will be removed then as we don't add u16 staff.

I'm not sure that Celtic will spend all that money (or any of it) on new players if recent history is anything to go by, but I'll look to increase their budget.

9 minutes ago, Steven_13 said:

Well Steven Gerrard seems to think so. 

Do you have any evidence where Steven Gerrard says this?

Even then, it's a subjective notion.

Without having looked a great deal into the Rangers squad but surely Daniel Candeias having  11 for natural fitness and 12 for stamina is a bit low?

3 hours ago, ajsr1982 said:

I've picked up a player called James Grant, who according to the game is 155cm (5'1)

Now, not only would that make him the 3rd shortest player in the history of football (based on a 2 minutes Google search which shouldn't be relied upon)... he is apparently 5' 10.

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=8098

Did someone leave the '0' off the end?

I can beat that, I've just noticed after playing Toby Wells for 6 games that he is indeed a dwarf...

425482611_TObyWells.thumb.PNG.af3af13197af1b919d0718a801f0dd93.PNG

3 hours ago, mrmalecki said:

Olivier Ntcham of Celtic is listed at 5ft 7inches but in real life is he 5ft 11 inches

5’9 according to wiki

My date of birth is wrong in this game it’s says I’m 19 and that my date of birth is 5/17/99. Other than when I was born in 17,03/00

411EE827-C51E-49A4-B3F2-86C59533D5C3.png

17 hours ago, Sean Gartland said:

I'm pretty sure the game assigns players to the reserve squad itself based on ability, squad size etc. It's not something a researcher clicks a button for. 

Stein, Larsson, Jinky & McNeil are all legends on my save. 

On 20/10/2018 at 10:56, Stuart Milne said:

If they are involved below u18 level then they are not added to the game.

does this apply for dylan forrest? born in jan 02 so should be ok to be in game?

In terms of league standings in europe,

spfl is ranked at 29 while the azerbijan league is ranked higher surely thats not true?

Edited by Logan1888

Tav penalty king

why is James tavernier, Rangers penalty taking only 13 and barisic at 15.

tav takes every penalty and so far has failed to miss.

59 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

does this apply for dylan forrest? born in jan 02 so should be ok to be in game?

If he's not part of the u18 squad then no, we won't add him because then we'd have to add every 16 year old who is playing at a level lower than u18s.

Does he play for the u18s?

57 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

In terms of league standings in europe,

spfl is ranked at 29 while the azerbijan league is ranked higher surely thats not true?

It's done by UEFA Coefficients, so presumably that's accurate.

3 hours ago, bblacklock84 said:

Tav penalty king

why is James tavernier, Rangers penalty taking only 13 and barisic at 15.

tav takes every penalty and so far has failed to miss.

Against teams in Scotland...

If he was any higher then he'd be approaching elite levels.

3 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

It's done by UEFA Coefficients, so presumably that's accurate.

If thats the case scotland would be 20th

3467D8F4-23DE-4F8C-B275-DDBD2237F6F4.png

47 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

If thats the case scotland would be 20th

3467D8F4-23DE-4F8C-B275-DDBD2237F6F4.png

That's how its sitting just now though, taking into account this seasons European games already played. At the start of the 18/19 season, we were behind Azerbaijan.  :(

Edited by Giro

Hi,

Is Karamoko Dembele still too young to feature at Celtic? Are there no other 15 year olds in the game? Thanks for the hard work. 

One other one, should Scott Brown not be bald? I know he may grow his hair once per season maximum, but he is bald nearly all of the time. He also seems to wear a sweatband on his wrist, which is unlikely in real life. I recognise that both are minor. Cheers.

CelticBrown.jpg

Celtics finances are wrong. Currently showing as a lowly £22m

December 2017 they had £30.9m recorded in bank http://www.celticfc.net/news/13937

Since that time the sale of Virgil Van Dijk to liverpool gave Celtic £7.5m, £7m from the sale of Stuart Armstrong to Southampton and just under £20m from the sale of Dembele to Lyon.

Take into consideration the signing of Edouard then the Celtics bank balance should be at least £50m but perhaps more as Champions league money I assume would have been added after that tournament finished? And also playing in Europa league after those December 2017 figures were published.

Edited by Hairycull

10 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Hi,

Is Karamoko Dembele still too young to feature at Celtic? Are there no other 15 year olds in the game? Thanks for the hard work. 

Yeah, he's still to young to feature in FM19 (despite some clickbait sites saying otherwise!) If I remember right, if a player turns 16 before 1/9/2002, then he's eligible to be included.

I've never watched Jack Hendry play in my life(maybe one time) but isn't a passing rating of "2" incredibly low? Especially with his first touch, technique, vision and composure being ok?

Bitton should probably start injured until around the start of November. He's just about to come back to training,

Also i'd argue Mcgregor  should be natural on the left and accomplished on the right. Not majorly important but he plays on the left way more.

Edited by seanydude

1 hour ago, Chief232 said:

I've never watched Jack Hendry play in my life(maybe one time) but isn't a passing rating of "2" incredibly low? Especially with his first touch, technique, vision and composure being ok?

Would agree with that, dont believe any professional footballer would have passing as low as “2”

6 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

Would agree with that, dont believe any professional footballer would have passing as low as “2”

Agreed. This was also the case in FM18 and I thought perhaps it was a typo - maybe it was meant to be 12? Figured I'd bring it up. Understand Celtic supporters don't rate him all that high but 2 makes him a liability anywhere.

On 20/10/2018 at 22:37, Gripper said:

If we raise all of those he'll be taking Kieran Trippier's place in the England squad.

His CA is perfectly acceptable for the form he has shown and level he is playing. So, in summation, of you wish his Flair, work rate, stamina, aggression, composure, penalty taking, leadership teamwork and vision to be increased, which attributes do we decrease to balance his profile? 

I think the point made by the origional poster here is valid. I also agree we have to reduce as we dont want him breaking england squad. For me Im looking at his stats as we speak. His free kick, penalties and corners are 13 each. He hasnt missed a penalty since the cup semi final shootout a few years ago and is teams penalty taker scoring 7/7 this year another load last year too. Honestly I feel composure, all set piece options and crossing need a boost (barasic on the left has 18 for corners and crossing for example, Tavernier is at least on a level with Barasic on the other side. Infact actually comparing them would highlight to me Tavernier is a big issue on the Rangers database (im looking while typing so might be a little all over. But mentally and technically barasic is head and shoulders above Tavernier. 

If we could reduce Taveniers long shots from 14 I think would be fair, and I think tackling of 8 would probably be fair too, bringing both those stats down. He has scored a couple of long shots but don't remember him actually scoring any that wasnt a dead ball. and tackling is he weakest part of his game, although is improving. 

As writing this post I've also compared to Trippier I dont think any reasonable improvement would be risking him breaking into the England squad Trippier miles ahead in terms of the stats we can see. 

25 minutes ago, wardog said:

I think the point made by the origional poster here is valid. I also agree we have to reduce as we dont want him breaking england squad. For me Im looking at his stats as we speak. His free kick, penalties and corners are 13 each. He hasnt missed a penalty since the cup semi final shootout a few years ago and is teams penalty taker scoring 7/7 this year another load last year too. Honestly I feel composure, all set piece options and crossing need a boost (barasic on the left has 18 for corners and crossing for example, Tavernier is at least on a level with Barasic on the other side. Infact actually comparing them would highlight to me Tavernier is a big issue on the Rangers database (im looking while typing so might be a little all over. But mentally and technically barasic is head and shoulders above Tavernier. 

If we could reduce Taveniers long shots from 14 I think would be fair, and I think tackling of 8 would probably be fair too, bringing both those stats down. He has scored a couple of long shots but don't remember him actually scoring any that wasnt a dead ball. and tackling is he weakest part of his game, although is improving. 

As writing this post I've also compared to Trippier I dont think any reasonable improvement would be risking him breaking into the England squad Trippier miles ahead in terms of the stats we can see. 

I agree we’re not asking for every attribute to be 15 + but certainly his flair and penalties need to be upped to reflect his performances in the past few years and five a more realistic contribution in the game. His talking has improved I would say maybe his heading or marking is more an issue. 

You have to remember Tavernier is playing in Scotland and is currently going through a decent patch of form. If he was really that good then he'd be off to the Premier League already.

His consistency is getting better but I remember times when he was overhitting crosses and his long shots aren't always on target either. 

From what little I've seen so far Barisic has a much better delivery than Tavernier. Particularly when he played against Rangers for Osijek his delivery from wide areas was outstanding.

7 minutes ago, Ter said:

You have to remember Tavernier is playing in Scotland and is currently going through a decent patch of form. If he was really that good then he'd be off to the Premier League already.

His consistency is getting better but I remember times when he was overhitting crosses and his long shots aren't always on target either. 

From what little I've seen so far Barisic has a much better delivery than Tavernier. Particularly when he played against Rangers for Osijek his delivery from wide areas was outstanding.

I highlighted his long shots as a possible stat to be lowered to make room to improve elsewhere. Even playing in Scotland one of the key stats many of us have mentioned is penalties. What difference does playing in Scotland to playing in any other league in regards to a stat like a penalty. If a player had his record in England youd offer a much higher penalty and composure stat. Other stats I can accept its the Scotland argument, but again then surely this "its the level" argument then creates its own issues. Tavernier has been subject to bids from top half championship clubs during summer and is currently linked with Premier League clubs in England. Some of Taverniers best games have came in the Europa League. 

The its the level arguement also creates further issues for me. If we look at Celtic they have Therniey - I don't think any of us would argue with his stats but he regularly moves right at the start of the game or in the first couple of windows, usually directly to a top club, surely this in itself removes the level arguement that someone can get these level of stats while in Scotland - and deservedly so. 

While on Tavernier however and I understand I'm offering personal opinions, but both Gerrard and Goldson have said very complimentary things about Tavernier. 

"For me, he's a Premiership footballer. He can play in the Premier League no problem. He's a leader and a very likeable guy in the dressing room. People respect him. He's been through a lot of turbulence in his time at the club but handled it very well."

Gerrard added: "That’s why I gave him the armband.

The above is a Quote from Gerrard While below is a Quote from Connor Goldson. The Goldson one i think is most relevant because right now on the game Tavenier is fairly ok defensively while fairly ok  going forward, For me he should be good going forward while fairly open at the back. Especially at set pieces where hes often found out letting his man go free. 

"When I came here in pre-season I said to him that he is a Premier League defender, he just needs to sort out his defending at times. This season, he's been unbelievable. I've never played with a right-back that can attack like that."

I understand using quotes is open to opinion but I think honestly two people who have played at that level saying these things highlight that going forward at least he can do it at a premier league level - to say its a decent patch of form is unfair last season he was second in crosses completed and assists in the SPFL only second to the man ahead of him on the pitch Candieas which i honestly cant spell. The only threat Rangers offered last year was down the right, which was a big a problem as it was a positive. 

I also feel the "if he was that good hes already be off to the premier league by now" arguement isn't always accurate. Theirney is a prime example of this in game and IRL neither have gone down south, yet one is likely to never do it on the game, the other will likely go first 3 windows for anywhwere between £12m-£40m 

1 hour ago, wardog said:

I highlighted his long shots as a possible stat to be lowered to make room to improve elsewhere. Even playing in Scotland one of the key stats many of us have mentioned is penalties. What difference does playing in Scotland to playing in any other league in regards to a stat like a penalty. If a player had his record in England youd offer a much higher penalty and composure stat. Other stats I can accept its the Scotland argument, but again then surely this "its the level" argument then creates its own issues. Tavernier has been subject to bids from top half championship clubs during summer and is currently linked with Premier League clubs in England. Some of Taverniers best games have came in the Europa League. 

The its the level arguement also creates further issues for me. If we look at Celtic they have Therniey - I don't think any of us would argue with his stats but he regularly moves right at the start of the game or in the first couple of windows, usually directly to a top club, surely this in itself removes the level arguement that someone can get these level of stats while in Scotland - and deservedly so. 

While on Tavernier however and I understand I'm offering personal opinions, but both Gerrard and Goldson have said very complimentary things about Tavernier. 

"For me, he's a Premiership footballer. He can play in the Premier League no problem. He's a leader and a very likeable guy in the dressing room. People respect him. He's been through a lot of turbulence in his time at the club but handled it very well."

Gerrard added: "That’s why I gave him the armband.

The above is a Quote from Gerrard While below is a Quote from Connor Goldson. The Goldson one i think is most relevant because right now on the game Tavenier is fairly ok defensively while fairly ok  going forward, For me he should be good going forward while fairly open at the back. Especially at set pieces where hes often found out letting his man go free. 

"When I came here in pre-season I said to him that he is a Premier League defender, he just needs to sort out his defending at times. This season, he's been unbelievable. I've never played with a right-back that can attack like that."

I understand using quotes is open to opinion but I think honestly two people who have played at that level saying these things highlight that going forward at least he can do it at a premier league level - to say its a decent patch of form is unfair last season he was second in crosses completed and assists in the SPFL only second to the man ahead of him on the pitch Candieas which i honestly cant spell. The only threat Rangers offered last year was down the right, which was a big a problem as it was a positive. 

I also feel the "if he was that good hes already be off to the premier league by now" arguement isn't always accurate. Theirney is a prime example of this in game and IRL neither have gone down south, yet one is likely to never do it on the game, the other will likely go first 3 windows for anywhwere between £12m-£40m 

Reducing his long shots a bit isn't going to clear up a whole lot of room for improvement in a full back, especially if you're looking at increasing composure and crossing. 

And if your argument for increasing his CA overall is a couple quotes from his manager and teammate, who are hardly going to slate him, I'm not sure that'll convince anyone at SI.

15 hours ago, Hairycull said:

Celtics finances are wrong. Currently showing as a lowly £22m

December 2017 they had £30.9m recorded in bank http://www.celticfc.net/news/13937

Since that time the sale of Virgil Van Dijk to liverpool gave Celtic £7.5m, £7m from the sale of Stuart Armstrong to Southampton and just under £20m from the sale of Dembele to Lyon.

Take into consideration the signing of Edouard then the Celtics bank balance should be at least £50m but perhaps more as Champions league money I assume would have been added after that tournament finished? And also playing in Europa league after those December 2017 figures were published.

Between this and the lack of u18 competitions the game is pretty much unplayable.  Usually start on the beta and continue it as my long term save, I'd be fine if it was just our finances that hadn't been updated but the lack of u18 comps is a killer given how important youth development is, especially in leagues were TV money is tight.   

I get that you've added u18 competitions this week (I'd ask why it was overlooked for so long but never mind) but is there any way you guys can push for the u18 changes to could be included in the next hotfix? If another one comes out before release.

On another note I'd question why Lustig has been downgraded so much?  Not got the time to search for the stats/articles but he genuinely was one of the highest rated RBs at the WC, and that's coming someone who wants him replaced at Celtic (not due to ability but rather the type of full back he is).  Yeah he doesn't get up and down the line as much as he used to which is probably why he gets a lot of stick as people are expecting a right sided Tierney but he was still a key player for us throughout last year.  Oh and between the number of games he played for us (and Sweden) last year his natural fitness and stamina are a joke.  

Also didn't the Arzani deal have an option to buy included?  Again not got time to look.

35 minutes ago, celtic_fc said:

Between this and the lack of u18 competitions the game is pretty much unplayable.  Usually start on the beta and continue it as my long term save, I'd be fine if it was just our finances that hadn't been updated but the lack of u18 comps is a killer given how important youth development is, especially in leagues were TV money is tight.   

I get that you've added u18 competitions this week (I'd ask why it was overlooked for so long but never mind) but is there any way you guys can push for the u18 changes to could be included in the next hotfix? If another one comes out before release.

It was very hard getting info on u18's set up as SFA and clubs don't make it easy to get this info but we sourced it now

46 minutes ago, WeePaul said:

Reducing his long shots a bit isn't going to clear up a whole lot of room for improvement in a full back, especially if you're looking at increasing composure and crossing. 

And if your argument for increasing his CA overall is a couple quotes from his manager and teammate, who are hardly going to slate him, I'm not sure that'll convince anyone at SI.

I think someone else mentioned reducing his marking and positioning (latter might be about right tbh) and i've also suggested reducing his tackling. What I think Tavernier is, is a wing back who's very good going forward and vunrable in the defensive side. Adjusting those stats would be fair. Im not asking for his overall CA to be increased. But right now in a Rangers save your full back options will be Barasic on the left while on the right its very close between Tavernier and Flanagan which doesn't reflect real life. The quotes were just added weight to my arguement. The links and the bids are the best ive got for his level of football. The goldson one I think is good as it backs up hes frail at the back while going forward is very good. You're right team mates aren't going to slate him but in game just now with his stats you wont select him as your penalty taker - which is a big reason why hes currenltly 2nd top scorer in the league, you wont select him on free kicks or corners, which he currently takes and he wont get close to his assists regardless of tactics because his crossing is too low.