Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

When selecting an MLS Team for a save,no matter what coaching badges or past experience I have, inseemnto always be the highest paid manager in the league. Surely that shouldn't be right? Takes away the realism in my opinion. Mangers in there who have vast more experience on 5000 a week, I come in at Orlando on A license and regional player on 15000????

AI Squad Building for MLS Teams looks pretty decent this year. A couple of decent Internationals are getting picked up around the league. Benzema is on nycfc, CCVicks on minnesota, and Dries Mertens with Vancouver.

image.png

Edited by rain94

On ‎2018‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎2‎일 at 오전 12시 45분, murmur said:

The use of targeted allocation money (TAM) is still broken.  Given that this is one of the major ways in which clubs can spend money above the salary cap, getting this right in the game is paramount.  This is also really frustrating, as this is a known problem from last season, and it doesn't look like it was addressed.  A long post follows.

Targeted allocation money is extremely important to get league finances right.  Right now, the MLS salary budget is only $4,035,000/year.  There are different ways to spend more on salary above this, one being designated players (which is implemented correctly in the game).  The other ways to spend over the salary cap is via general allocation money (GAM) and targeted allocation money.

General allocation money can be used to buy down anyone's salary with few restrictions.  Because of it's flexibility, the difficulty in obtaining GAM, and its lack of an expiration date, GAM is a fairly precious resource in MLS, as it is difficult to obtain large amounts of GAM.  Each team only gets $200k/year of it, and the other ways to get GAM (transfer income, continental qualification, missing the playoffs, etc.) does not amount to large amounts of GAM.

MLS introduced TAM as a way to enhance the quality of league play.  This has been an important mechanism for increasing salaries in the league - as most teams have used it to develop a strong group of players in the $500k-$1m salary range. Furthermore, it's a significant amount of money relative to the salary cap. These are the amounts that have been given since it started:

2015: $100,000
2016: $800,000
2017: $1,200,000
2018: $4,000,000*
2019: $4,000,000*

* $1.2 million + $2.8 million in discretionary TAM; more on discretionary TAM later

Basically, TAM can allow a team to essentially double their salary cap each season!  Furthermore, you can take TAM money to buy down any new signing or contract extension, up to $1.5 million, down to as low as $150k.  This can make a huge difference in team quality.

There are four different ways that TAM can be used.  From the MLS rules and regulations page

The third one is implemented correctly in the game, and I'm not sure about #4 (as I've never tried myself).  The first two, however, are by far the most common ways to use TAM.  And inexplicably, they are not implemented in the game.

If you try to sign a new player, or re-sign an existing player over the maximum salary cap charge for a player (about $500k/year), you should be given the choice to buy down any signing (new or existing) with TAM.  Instead, the game says that the excess money "will be subtracted from the club's General Allocation money in order to pay any salary exceeding the maximum salary cap impact allowed for Senior players."  This happens automatically with any new signing, or an existing signing - it is forced.  But what this does is forces the player to use the far more precious GAM funds, when they can use their TAM funds.  There is no way around this, and it makes TAM essentially unusable.

This has knock-on effects for the AI.  Most MLS teams have about 6-8 players that are paid more than the maximum salary cap amount, most that are not DPs.  Furthermore, most MLS teams are severely limited in the amount of GAM that they have.  So since the AI likely can't use TAM for resignings, they can't resign those players in the $500k-$1 million range, nor can they sign new players at these amounts.  This severely limits the AI, and is likely contributing to the amount of attrition that people are seeing in the league a few years down the road.

I have a few suggestions on how to fix this.  First, the easy way would be to treat all TAM as GAM until TAM is implemented correctly.  So each team gets $1.2m (or $4m, if they choose) of GAM (instead of TAM) each season, that they can use as they see fit.  This isn't completely accurate; but it's significantly better than the current situation.  Or, as a backup, allow players to edit GAM in the in-game editor!!!  Then users can simply implement the fix themselves.  While kludgy and time consuming, this will make the game playable.  And this will allow users to see if this fixes some of the AI-signing issues that are making the game nearly unplayable.

The long way would be as follows:

1. Taking out the automatic GAM deduction for any new signings, and creating a mechanism where new signings can be bought down using GAM or TAM.  This can be implemented with the same GAM usage warning box that is there now, but have it pull from TAM funding.  Or it can done after the player signs.  

2. Have the ability for teams to add $2.8m in discretionary TAM each season. This could be done with a simple prompt at the beginning of a new game and each subsequent season, and then have the funds taken from the team's coffers.

3. If doing it "by the book", have three types of monies - GAM, "normal" TAM (which expires after two years) and discretionary TAM (which expires after one year, see here for more information).  For new signings or contract extensions, provide the user with the opportunity to use the discretionary TAM first, then (if no discretionary TAM), normal TAM, then (if no normal TAM), GAM.

4. Have the game provide $1.2m in TAM + $2.8m in discretionary TAM to every team each season in 2020 and beyond.  I haven't simmed that far ahead, but if the mechanism disappears, then teams will forcibly need to contract (creating the same AI issues that are currently happening.

Also, there are some other MLS-related issues.

1. When you try to sign anyone to a contract above about $825k, it says that it has to be a DP contract.  This isn't true anymore...I believe you can go up to $1.5 million IF you have TAM to buy it down.  That should be changed.

2. In the game, Yamil Asad's rights are still held by Atlanta United, even though DC United obtained them.  So if you want to purchase Asad from Velez Sarsfield (as part of the loan deal) you have to trade for his rights first.

Great Post. I completely agree with you. TAM/GAM system must be fixed to enjoy MLS properly.

But then, I just simmed 2 seasons to check how much GAM they give us each season,

and I found out that they give each team about $3,100,000 of GAM and $1,200,000 of TAM every year.

Although we can't use TAM to buy down the salary, I think $3,100,000 of GAM is enough to do exactly the same.

I am not sure why we get this much GAM (I am sure they don't get this much in real life)..

but I think in result, it is similar to your suggestion of treating TAM as GAM.

$3,100,000 might be equal to 2.8m of discretionary TAM + 300K of prize money GAM.

But yeah they definitely need to fix this allocation money system and how AI uses it. Ai need to be smarter to make it fun. 

Edited by steveshlee

Just found out that there is a problem regarding signing 4th DP and buying down one of the DPs salary with TAM.

When you already have 3 DPS and sign a fourth DP player, the computer keeps deducting some amount of transfer fee from the TAM money, Which is wrong!

The amount of 'salary exceeding the Max salary limit' should be deducted from TAM. NOT the transfer fee.

I don't exactly know how that amount of money is calculated (I am predicting transfer fee / contract years) but when it exceeds the remaining amount of TAM money I have,

the computer cancels the transfer by saying there are already 3 DPs.

This doesn't happen when you have only 1~2 DPs.

And also, when the computer buys down a DP player with TAM, it makes more sense to buy down a player with least amount of salary. But I think it doesn't work that way..It is quite random i think...

I also think there should be a function where we can return a bought down player to a DP after the season, if there is a vacant DP slot.

So that we don't have to keep on using GAM to remain that player as a Senior Player.. It is waste of GAM.. 

I can upload a file if you request.

Edited by steveshlee

On ‎2018‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎28‎일 at 오전 9시 38분, steveshlee said:

Just found out that there is a problem regarding signing 4th DP and buying down one of the DPs salary with TAM.

When you already have 3 DPS and sign a fourth DP player, the computer keeps deducting some amount of transfer fee from the TAM money, Which is wrong!

The amount of 'salary exceeding the Max salary limit' should be deducted from TAM. NOT the transfer fee.

I don't exactly know how that amount of money is calculated (I am predicting transfer fee / contract years) but when it exceeds the remaining amount of TAM money I have,

the computer cancels the transfer by saying there are already 3 DPs.

This doesn't happen when you have only 1~2 DPs.

And also, when the computer buys down a DP player with TAM, it makes more sense to buy down a player with least amount of salary. But I think it doesn't work that way..It is quite random i think...

I also think there should be a function where we can return a bought down player to a DP after the season, if there is a vacant DP slot.

So that we don't have to keep on using GAM to remain that player as a Senior Player.. It is waste of GAM.. 

I can upload a file if you request.

OK

I did few more tests and I just found out that I was wrong about this.

The way computer calculates the amount of TAM that gets deducted is

= 'Senior Contract salary cap Impact' of a DP player that is bought down - Maximum Senior Salary impact

Senior Contract salart cap Impact = salary + transfer fee/contract years + Loyalty Bonus/contract years + other bonus/contract years

For example, a player I tested is Iván Etevenaux

Transfer Fee = $2,000,000

Contract years = 2 years

Salary = $865,000

Loyalty Bonus = $240,000

Maximum Senior salary cap impact = $530,000

Current TAM = $1,200,000

TAM that gets used by signing this player is

865,000 + 2,000,000/2 + 240,000/2 - 530,000 = 1,455,000

So in this case the transfer will not work because I have only 1,200,000 of TAM

I am sorry for the confusion.

Edited by steveshlee

MLS teams are missing their International/Continental honours on the honours page.

Edited by Jilech

Posted (edited)

MLS Homegrown Problem

1. Fake Homegrown salary cap rule

In Football Manager, there is a homegrown rule under MLS Competition Rules that says,

For Homegrown Players MLS allow a total of $250,000 p/a, which is the sum of the difference betweewn the player's salary and the base salary for his contract type, to be cap exemt. However, if a homegrown player is on a Senior Minimum Salary or Reserve contract, the he can fall into the off-budget category instead, and will be excluded from the Homegrown Budget.

Ok alright. After going through some tests, I fully understood what this rule means and how it works. But the problem is that this rule doesn't exist anywhere in the real MLS Rules and Regulation. A real MLS rule that I may say it is close to the rule above is... 

Homegrown Players on either the Supplemental Roster or the Reserve Roster may earn (including achievable bonuses) in aggregate each year up to $125,000 above the Reserve Minimum Salary ($54,500 in 2018) or the Senior Minimum Salary ($67,500 in 2018).

This is called Homegrown Player Subsidy. This means Homegrown players can that are on Senior Minimum Salary contract and Reserve contract can earn more that non-homegrown player. In detail, Homegrown SMS contract players, who do not count against the salary cap, can earn between $67,500 and $192,500 a year. If the Homegrown player is on a reserve contract, which also do not count against the salary cap, can earn between $54,500 and $179,500. Homegrown players who earn more that $192,500 must be senior contract players. It is that simple.. but this rule doesn't exist in FM.

I hope you get rid of the fake homegrown rule an apply the real homegrown rule for more realistic play.

2. Using TAM to sign new Homegrown player

In real world, MLS teams may use up to $200,000 of their currently available Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) to sign new Homegrown Players to their first MLS contract. (But cannot be used on a Homegrown Player previously signed to MLS)

But in FM...this system doesn't exist. The whole TAM system in FM must be fixed anyways.

3. Players that are Homegrown, but not Homegrown in FM

Year Signed as HGP / Player / Nation / Current club / 2018 Guaranteed Compensation

2018 George Bello  USA Atlanta United FC $71,500 
2018 Lagos Kunga  USA Atlanta United FC $58,500 
2018 Patrick Okonkwo  NGR Atlanta United FC $65,504 
2018 Thomas Meilleur-Giguère  CAN Montreal Impact $57,625   
2018 Anthony Fontana  USA Philadelphia Union $73,422    
2018 Jacob Akanyirige  USA San Jose Earthquakes $56,500 
2018 Jaylin Lindsey  USA Sporting Kansas City $67,504 
2018 Wan Kuzain  USA Sporting Kansas City $67,500 
2018 Ayo Akinola  USA Toronto FC $140,504 
2018 Liam Fraser  CAN Toronto FC $72,500 
2018 David Norman Jr.  CAN Vancouver Whitecaps FC $55,500 
2018 Sean Melvin  CAN Vancouver Whitecaps FC $54,500  
2017 Andrew Carleton  USA Atlanta United FC $87,400 
2017 Reggie Cannon  USA FC Dallas $67,500  
2016 Alex Muyl  USA New York Red Bulls $114,000   
2016 Derrick Jones  USA Philadelphia Union $75,900 
2015 Sean Davis  USA New York Red Bulls $261,667 
2014 Anthony Jackson-Hamel  CAN Montreal Impact $155,000 
2014 Justen Glad  USA Real Salt Lake $291,700 
2014 Tommy Thompson  USA San Jose Earthquakes $170,000 
2014 Marky Delgado  USA Toronto FC $230,000 
2013 Wil Trapp  USA Columbus Crew SC $550,004 
2013 Jesse Gonzalez  MEX FC Dallas $211,500 
2013 Scott Caldwell  USA New England Revolution $139,375 
2012 Dillon Serna  USA Colorado Rapids $95,000 
2011 Richard Sánchez  MEX Chicago Fire $132,500 
2011 Diego Fagúndez  URU New England Revolution $190,000
2011 Connor Lade  USA New York Red Bulls $120,750 
2011 Ashtone Morgan  CAN Toronto FC $121,500 
2011 Russell Teibert  CAN Vancouver Whitecaps FC $160,000  

Homegrown players who have been transferred form their first MLS club is no longer HGC player. (ex. Gyasi Zardes, Juan Agudelo)

Their HGC status must be removed too

Edited by steveshlee

I tried to sign Marko Pjaca and a few other players... Transfer goes through fine... Contract discussions go through fine, but during the day he is supposed to transfer to my team, it just says 'cancelled' without any reason given.

Anyone else experience this kind of thing? This has happened every time I've tried to make a DP signing.

Posted (edited)

GAM/TAM system that we have now in Footbug Manager is absolutely broken. That's so frustrating.

1) Here must be TAM, not GAM.
 Screenshot_52.thumb.jpg.8446f2697424e32038ae0e8d1e5ed206.jpg

2) Here must be TAM, not GAM
Screenshot_53.jpg.7acc9997bc101bf602ef315cabf32310.jpg

3) Here in DP-contract must be GAM Buyout of Salary Cap Impact (to a limit of US$150,000).
Screenshot_54.thumb.jpg.9399033e02b6cf4460e99293816b7d54.jpg

4) Amount of yearly accrued GAM-budget is enormous
Screenshot_55.thumb.jpg.dab245bf9d0b37e614c7de754d6f87a7.jpg

GAM consists of:
1) Basic 200k for all clubs
2) +200k to that clubs which didn't make it to post season
3) +140k to that teams who participate in N.America Continental Cups.
4) + 0 to 750k on the basis of revenue of each sell or loan deals TO NON MLS CLUBS. (when selling fo 1m=receiving 750, when selling 100k=receiving 100k)
5) DP Distribution. Each year team can buy third DP Place. For example 12 teams byuing it (150k), so other 12 teams who stays with 2 DP places receive +150k GAM. For example, if 18 teams buying DP-places, than other 6 teams receive +450k GAM.
THAT'S ALL. BUT NOW I RECEIVE 4,8m GAM, for the first season with San-Jose. It's enormous, because i didn't sell anyone. Do you understand that with current amount of GAM, I can have 14-15 senior players with maximum salary?
Screenshot_57.thumb.jpg.6f21480f1ac8b42fdd93b8b88c6c9765.jpg

Those points, that refer to Expansion Draft is not so important, because in each savegame it happens ones on start. So, I think, you can miss that (give all teams 100-150k at the start of save, and 1m to Cincy and forget about it).

5) Discretionary Targeted Allocation Money Available Per Year

I think that we cannot equal Mandatory TAM with Discretionary TAM. Because rules says of that more about club personal investments. And the opportunity to spend D-TAM must come from financial situation, like classic budgets. I think their two ways to use D-TAM:
a) you can implement a type of board request, that increase TAM for amount of 2,8m. But the Owner must have a chance to deny this propose.
b) you can add a classic budget slider to TAM section, which you can correct from 1,2m to 4m, on the basis of financial situation (for example, club do not have funds on balance, so you cannot increase TAM).
Screenshot_56.thumb.jpg.6bf6bd8b31ad9de2c311f52929da145c.jpg

FIX IT, DO IT, I CANT PLAY THIS S**T.
if the League only knew what you were selling under its trademark.......

Edited by oregu

On 24/10/2018 at 06:01, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I mentioned this in the other thread you posted but this is now logged and under review. It seems to be affecting specifically "2/II" teams rather than all MLS affiliate teams.

Just to add, I've had this issue as well, but not with a "2/II" team (I'm playing with DC United, and can't loan to either my new feeder (Phoenix) or the DCU Academy).

The issue seems to exist only from January to when rosters are set.  After the rosters are set in March, you can move players down.  This might be a way to stop teams from circumventing salary cap rules?  When they are on loan, they don't count against the cap...so I assume this was put in to stop teams from "stashing" players on their feeder squads.  However, it is quite limiting - most academy signees and draftees aren't ready to play on the senior squad, and need time to play on a feeder squad to develop.  This doesn't allow you to do that, and you're forced to either keep the player on your roster or lose them in March.

Posted (edited)

Minor annoyance:

I'm now in June of 2019 and I've received 3 messages about player contracts due to expire in 18 months' time.  I understand that other leagues rarely let players they want to keep reach that point, but given how MLS operates (players frequently are playing year-to-year) it becomes annoying having to deal with all of the media questions (and possibly upsetting the locker room) as a result.

Also:

Players on Generation Adidas shouldn't be given "first team" status by default.  The players typically aren't good enough to start right away, so after a few months you start to receive notifications of players becoming unhappy with their playing time (this applies to computer-controlled teams, as well.)  It'd be more fitting to give them the "hot prospect" status or, at most, the "backup" status to prevent them from becoming upset so quickly.  I had even edited the players with the in-game editor before the draft and, even after adding 20 points to their CA (along with adjusting their attributes) they simply aren't good enough to be immediate starters in MLS.

Edited by looknohands

A few things that needs to be adjusted:

Superdraft scouting - Please just make the date of when we get the message about sending a scout to scout the players in the superdraft earlier, so that you know, the players can actually be scouted. A day earlier than the draft is not enough notice. I know this is under review but I must reiterate that this is an important issue, it kills the uniqueness of the MLS when the draft is based on pure guesswork of looking at attributes of every single player (very tedious).

Superdraft scouting part 2 - I'd love for a scouting package, similar to how you can buy senior and youth packages for player search, i'd like one that is relevant to the superdraft, since in real life every MLS team is likely to have very extensive information on every single player in the draft. As an MLS manager in game, it would be nice to be able to find out anything about any player in the game without having to guess stuff. It's just not realistic going into the draft blind.

Trades and Enquiries - I really wish there was a way to disable AI from rejecting enquiries. It's such a pain to receive a message saying that they rejected the enquiry, i'd much rather see them tell you what it would take for you to trade with them, regardless of whether it is a ridiculous amount of GAM / Draft allocations / Players etc, I think that they should always answer, rather than just rejecting it straight up. I say this because 99% of Trade enquiries for players will come back rejected, it's not fun. Zach Steffen, a GK for Columbus Crew was not getting any game time, they had a DP goalkeeper, he was a backup, rotting away, there's no way they would reject a trade enquiry. Even if there isn't a way to make them always reply with a trade they see respectable, I feel like the game needs to tone down the amount that get rejected, it makes trading near impossible in the league. While teams will offer me 1st round picks for players, it seems they have very little interest in receiving 1st round picks for players, they get rejected without any negotiation.

On 05/01/2019 at 15:59, murmur said:

Just to add, I've had this issue as well, but not with a "2/II" team (I'm playing with DC United, and can't loan to either my new feeder (Phoenix) or the DCU Academy).

The issue seems to exist only from January to when rosters are set.  After the rosters are set in March, you can move players down.  This might be a way to stop teams from circumventing salary cap rules?  When they are on loan, they don't count against the cap...so I assume this was put in to stop teams from "stashing" players on their feeder squads.  However, it is quite limiting - most academy signees and draftees aren't ready to play on the senior squad, and need time to play on a feeder squad to develop.  This doesn't allow you to do that, and you're forced to either keep the player on your roster or lose them in March.

This isn't an intentional rule as far as I'm aware, I think the loans should be allowed in pre-season as well as during the regular season. I've logged this to be investigated internally now, thanks.

On 09/01/2019 at 19:59, looknohands said:

Minor annoyance:

I'm now in June of 2019 and I've received 3 messages about player contracts due to expire in 18 months' time.  I understand that other leagues rarely let players they want to keep reach that point, but given how MLS operates (players frequently are playing year-to-year) it becomes annoying having to deal with all of the media questions (and possibly upsetting the locker room) as a result.

Also:

Players on Generation Adidas shouldn't be given "first team" status by default.  The players typically aren't good enough to start right away, so after a few months you start to receive notifications of players becoming unhappy with their playing time (this applies to computer-controlled teams, as well.)  It'd be more fitting to give them the "hot prospect" status or, at most, the "backup" status to prevent them from becoming upset so quickly.  I had even edited the players with the in-game editor before the draft and, even after adding 20 points to their CA (along with adjusting their attributes) they simply aren't good enough to be immediate starters in MLS.

With regards to the GA player status this is technically intended implementation of GA standard players, however I agree that it's worth revisiting as GA players now wouldn't necessarily be automatic first team players. Thanks for raising this, I'll log this with our coders.

21 hours ago, Azkal said:

A few things that needs to be adjusted:

Superdraft scouting - Please just make the date of when we get the message about sending a scout to scout the players in the superdraft earlier, so that you know, the players can actually be scouted. A day earlier than the draft is not enough notice. I know this is under review but I must reiterate that this is an important issue, it kills the uniqueness of the MLS when the draft is based on pure guesswork of looking at attributes of every single player (very tedious).

Superdraft scouting part 2 - I'd love for a scouting package, similar to how you can buy senior and youth packages for player search, i'd like one that is relevant to the superdraft, since in real life every MLS team is likely to have very extensive information on every single player in the draft. As an MLS manager in game, it would be nice to be able to find out anything about any player in the game without having to guess stuff. It's just not realistic going into the draft blind.

Trades and Enquiries - I really wish there was a way to disable AI from rejecting enquiries. It's such a pain to receive a message saying that they rejected the enquiry, i'd much rather see them tell you what it would take for you to trade with them, regardless of whether it is a ridiculous amount of GAM / Draft allocations / Players etc, I think that they should always answer, rather than just rejecting it straight up. I say this because 99% of Trade enquiries for players will come back rejected, it's not fun. Zach Steffen, a GK for Columbus Crew was not getting any game time, they had a DP goalkeeper, he was a backup, rotting away, there's no way they would reject a trade enquiry. Even if there isn't a way to make them always reply with a trade they see respectable, I feel like the game needs to tone down the amount that get rejected, it makes trading near impossible in the league. While teams will offer me 1st round picks for players, it seems they have very little interest in receiving 1st round picks for players, they get rejected without any negotiation.

The scouting issues surrounding the Superdraft and Combine are being investigated, the issue with them is that the timeframe is at odds with the general scouting system in game so we're working out how we could get it working in line with this.

In terms of enquiries being rejected we would need an example save where a club would willing to trade a player on certain terms but would also reject an enquiry. That said I definitely agree that the root cause of teams being too unwilling to trade players for absurdly good value is a noticeable issue and one that is logged and being investigated.

Problems for USA

1)  TAM doesn't work at all.  If you can't make it work, fine, just take it out and give us more GAM instead.  Choose gameplay over complete realism IMO.

2)  Transfer Budget vs. GAM:  Playing as LA Galaxy, 2018.  I signed Jonathon Amon for $1.8m transfer fee and agreed to a contract .  I have a transfer budget of over $5m and an open DP slot just in case, but when the day of the transfer comes, it is cancelled because I supposedly don't have $1.8m.  It says I only have a transfer budget of $1m.  But that is the amount of GAM (General Allocation Money) I have, not my transfer budget.  I reloaded and tried several different ways to complete the transaction, including making other deals to change the amount of GAM available and each time, it reported my amount of GAM as being my transfer budget.  In the end, I was only able to complete the transaction by making it a loan with a mandatory transfer at the end.  

3)  I can loan players from overseas at any time.  I tried to loan Amon right before the transfer deadline and it didn't go through in time and was cancelled, so I tried again (after the deadline) and it went through and he arrived immediately.

4)  Under 18 players supposedly can't be signed overseas.  For example, Gianluca Busio is listed in the game as having an Italian passport (which is true), but still can't be transferred to Europe until he turns 18.  Many Americans with European passports have signed in Europe before turning 18.  It is Europe's rules that prevent buying players under 18 who don't have a European passport. 

5)  Galaxy II is broken (as are most B teams in MLS).  They should not require loans.   I should be able to make my players available for Galaxy II just like I would for a U-19 team in England.  I should also be able to call them up to play for me for cup games.  I've personally been to early round cup games where it is mostly Galaxy II players on the field for the Galaxy.  

On 15/01/2019 at 07:57, Freddie Sands said:

The scouting issues surrounding the Superdraft and Combine are being investigated, the issue with them is that the timeframe is at odds with the general scouting system in game so we're working out how we could get it working in line with this.

In terms of enquiries being rejected we would need an example save where a club would willing to trade a player on certain terms but would also reject an enquiry. That said I definitely agree that the root cause of teams being too unwilling to trade players for absurdly good value is a noticeable issue and one that is logged and being investigated.

Oh, I just did this a few days ago.  I noticed that Zack Steffen said he would be available for around $3m, so I send them an inquiry.  They rejected the inquiry, so i offered a first round pick, 5 years of an international slot and some GAM and they took it.

As a side note:  That is ridiculous that I could get Zack Steffen for that.  I suspect it was because his contract only had 6 months left on it, but the club had an option on the end of that.  After I signed him, the option was gone... another bug.

When is SI going to update the demographics for regens for Canada and USA ? They do not match reality. 

For example, Montreal is a very diverse city who experienced high flows of migration from Asia and Africa the last few years but in game Impact of Montreal only gets dual national regens from bosnia or italy.

More Bugs:

The Expansion Draft is messed up:  In the game, you are allowed to protect 11 players, but all homegrown players are automatically included in the 11.  This is not correct and results in some of my worst players being protected.  Homegrown players with reserve contracts are automatically protected, but don't count towards the total of 11.  Players on the senior roster should all be treated equally. 

"Homegrown Players on a Club’s Supplemental/Reserve Roster at the end of the 2018 MLS Season are automatically protected. Clubs do not have to use a protected slot on them."    https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2018-expansion-draft-rules

GAM applied on January 1st:  In the game, I am forced spend GAM on all players earning more than the maximum salary on January 1st.  This should not occur until March 1st when rosters are submitted for the season.

On 18/01/2019 at 23:04, Aanvil said:

Problems for USA

1)  TAM doesn't work at all.  If you can't make it work, fine, just take it out and give us more GAM instead.  Choose gameplay over complete realism IMO.

2)  Transfer Budget vs. GAM:  Playing as LA Galaxy, 2018.  I signed Jonathon Amon for $1.8m transfer fee and agreed to a contract .  I have a transfer budget of over $5m and an open DP slot just in case, but when the day of the transfer comes, it is cancelled because I supposedly don't have $1.8m.  It says I only have a transfer budget of $1m.  But that is the amount of GAM (General Allocation Money) I have, not my transfer budget.  I reloaded and tried several different ways to complete the transaction, including making other deals to change the amount of GAM available and each time, it reported my amount of GAM as being my transfer budget.  In the end, I was only able to complete the transaction by making it a loan with a mandatory transfer at the end.  

3)  I can loan players from overseas at any time.  I tried to loan Amon right before the transfer deadline and it didn't go through in time and was cancelled, so I tried again (after the deadline) and it went through and he arrived immediately.

4)  Under 18 players supposedly can't be signed overseas.  For example, Gianluca Busio is listed in the game as having an Italian passport (which is true), but still can't be transferred to Europe until he turns 18.  Many Americans with European passports have signed in Europe before turning 18.  It is Europe's rules that prevent buying players under 18 who don't have a European passport. 

5)  Galaxy II is broken (as are most B teams in MLS).  They should not require loans.   I should be able to make my players available for Galaxy II just like I would for a U-19 team in England.  I should also be able to call them up to play for me for cup games.  I've personally been to early round cup games where it is mostly Galaxy II players on the field for the Galaxy.  

Hi there, with regards to these issues in order:

1. To use TAM in FM you are required to offer a 4th Designated Player contract (whilst having 3 DPs at your team) to a new player. Then upon confirming the deal the lowest paid DP will, provided there is enough TAM in the coffers, be bought down to a Senior contract with TAM buying down the contract to the maximum salary budget charge.

2. To clarify, are you trying to sign Amon to a Senior or a Designated contract? There is a known issue where the inbox item stating that the transfer is cancelled will use the phrase "transfer budget" when it should refer to General Allocation Money instead. All transfers for non-Designated players should come out of the GAM budget as transfer fees contribute to the cap impact of a player and the only way to buy down a player's cap impact beyond their salary charge is via Allocation Money. If you are offering a Designated contract and the transfer is being prevented fur to lack of GAM that would definitely be a bug though, as Designated transfers should use the standard transfer budget.

3. Do you have a save from before the transfer deadline? If so could you upload it to our cloud and we'll take a look.

4. Thanks for spotting this - it seems that in game the U18 EU transfer rule is determined by if a player is based in an EU nation rather than if they have EU citizenship, something which I have now logged as a bug internally.

5. This is a limitation due to how MLS teams are set up within the framework of FM. In order to make the MLS-contract system work we have had to make sub/youth/reserve/II/etc teams of MLS clubs into affiliates rather than directly attached teams. Having II teams use loans to manoeuvre players is a result of this. In order for a player to be eligible for cup games while on loan at a II team they need the "Can play for parent club in cup matches" loan clause active.

On 18/01/2019 at 23:09, Aanvil said:

Oh, I just did this a few days ago.  I noticed that Zack Steffen said he would be available for around $3m, so I send them an inquiry.  They rejected the inquiry, so i offered a first round pick, 5 years of an international slot and some GAM and they took it.

As a side note:  That is ridiculous that I could get Zack Steffen for that.  I suspect it was because his contract only had 6 months left on it, but the club had an option on the end of that.  After I signed him, the option was gone... another bug.

Thanks for spotting the contract clause disappearance after a trade - I've now logged this issue internally to be reviewed.

Well let's start on a good note.

Pro's

-There's some slight improvements from last year. I like how how the league can actually sign players for money now as opposed to be financially crippled on the cap last season and hardly any money being spent. There's some slight improvements made on the quality of signings as a result of that.

But that ends any improvements I see on the MLS in FM19....

Con's

- Every youth player in an MLS academy is now seemingly capped with a PA around 119 at the start. How can you develop anyone now? The national team suffers long term and replicating a player like Davies from Vancouver is absolutely impossible now. Dallas have a fantastic academy, with one player at 119 PA. Yet the highest potential in the game at youth level is at 'Texas Rush' in the same state?!  At 16, I've no doubt he'll only be available in 5-6 seasons draft time, should he not leave amateur football. This is a terrible format.

- First season drafts are crazy. Almost every good player with CA 115+ with a contract running down is released on the draft? This is because the new Salary budget / GAM /TAM is not released until January, I guess? So the AI is more than happy to release big name players when prompted on the drafts.

Columbus > Trapp >  Draft

LAFC > Zimmermann & Miller > Draft

New England > Agudelo > Draft

NYRB > Royer > Draft

Toronto > Bono & Vasquez > Draft

Not only are some of these not offered a new contract by the original club, once drafted to a new team, the new team is releasing them too because of the same problems not being able to plan next seasons roster by buying down some space.

The AI roster issues are still a massive blatantly obvious flaw. 

- By the end of December most teams, including (in game) MLS winners Atlanta have an attempted fire sale by transfer listed the majority of the good playing squad. Guzan, Pirez, Garza, Gressel, .... all listed for transfers at a cut price there. Bizarre stuff. Again, most likely the to do with the season update having to wait until January for the new GAM/TAM to buy cap space.

- As Cincinnati you can be offered millions in GAM for first pick in the superdraft, which is pretty fantastic as manager of Cincinnati, but every club is competing for a guy who is not good enough for first team football in a draft with a capped PA of 119? In fact just one of the generation adidas contracts has any ability over 85?! They're paying out big money for....one guy with a CA of 106!?!? What?!

- For the March roster deadline, far too many good players are waived. For example, Sporting Kansas City spend 850k on a guy from Valencia B and decide to release him? Few other teams also spend money on players they release a few weeks later.

- By April - too many teams like Toronto Galaxy New York City, basically anyone with a high reputation is ignoring the need for squad depth. They're naming teams with 20-22 players on the roster.

Here's the roster picks.

6 clubs name 2 Goalkeepers

6 clubs name 1 player who can play at left back and Orlando named 0 left backs despite playing left backs?!?!?!

4 clubs pick one right back and Galaxy pick 0 right backs

3 clubs pick 3 centre backs and rather bizarrely NYCFC & LAFC name just 2. NYCFC shifted out Peru international Callens on loan, and LAFC released American international Zimmermann. 

As soon as there are injuries, it's no surprise that these teams all suffer badly.

So NYCFC sit rooted bottom of the conference with 1 win in 9 which comes as no surprise when they don't have defenders. In fact they have just 4 available in the squad, playing a back 4. 

Rather bizarrely there's plenty of former MLS player who are free agents available to sign. Tolo from Seattle was waived despite his high potential is deemed not good enough, like many other promising MLS players. There's too many players with big potential but not enough CA that are left behind on that list.

NYCFC don't even look to their academy to bring players in who contribute nothing to the cap. Baffling.

This is a result of the high reputation given to clubs and the AI's inability to seek any depth. The only players they want seem to match their reputation. So often you're seeing players transfer in then then get waived because of the cap, and there's plenty of former MLS players left on the scrap heap unable to find a new club rapidly losing their CA as a result. 

This massive flaw results in the big name teams slipping down to the bottom of the league unable to compete, while the smaller reputation clubs who opt for lower quality players build up squads with more depth. 

- By May things get worse for NYCFC as there's only 16 players available now. 2 of them are goalkeepers. To fill the bench the AI is now kicking up greyed out players to make up the numbers. NYCFC have an academy. Orlando also now have only 16 players available. They also have a left back in the academy with a CA 83 and PA 117 they're not signing up?  Makes no sense. 

To summarise, once again this league is another major let down. I appreciate it must be difficult to reflect the real life MLS structure in the game and some slight improvements have been made but it doesn't take more than an hour on manager holiday to identify all these things but again they're being ignored upon release. It's extremely disappointing and makes the league unenjoyable and uncompetitive. Initial excitement I had as Cincinnati wore off quickly.

I've tried everything I can in the editor to make this league work better but it's impossible to improve the experience.

It would be a great help for the editor to open up a lot more to allow changes to the MLS and try to keep the existing structure in place. I'm sure there's plenty of people like me who'd enjoy spending time trying to fix some of these issues themselves and sharing it with others who are equally as frustrated with the default version that is being produced.

On 24/01/2019 at 13:25, BuckSaddler said:

Well let's start on a good note.

Pro's

-There's some slight improvements from last year. I like how how the league can actually sign players for money now as opposed to be financially crippled on the cap last season and hardly any money being spent. There's some slight improvements made on the quality of signings as a result of that.

But that ends any improvements I see on the MLS in FM19....

Con's

- Every youth player in an MLS academy is now seemingly capped with a PA around 119 at the start. How can you develop anyone now? The national team suffers long term and replicating a player like Davies from Vancouver is absolutely impossible now. Dallas have a fantastic academy, with one player at 119 PA. Yet the highest potential in the game at youth level is at 'Texas Rush' in the same state?!  At 16, I've no doubt he'll only be available in 5-6 seasons draft time, should he not leave amateur football. This is a terrible format.

- First season drafts are crazy. Almost every good player with CA 115+ with a contract running down is released on the draft? This is because the new Salary budget / GAM /TAM is not released until January, I guess? So the AI is more than happy to release big name players when prompted on the drafts.

Columbus > Trapp >  Draft

LAFC > Zimmermann & Miller > Draft

New England > Agudelo > Draft

NYRB > Royer > Draft

Toronto > Bono & Vasquez > Draft

Not only are some of these not offered a new contract by the original club, once drafted to a new team, the new team is releasing them too because of the same problems not being able to plan next seasons roster by buying down some space.

The AI roster issues are still a massive blatantly obvious flaw. 

- By the end of December most teams, including (in game) MLS winners Atlanta have an attempted fire sale by transfer listed the majority of the good playing squad. Guzan, Pirez, Garza, Gressel, .... all listed for transfers at a cut price there. Bizarre stuff. Again, most likely the to do with the season update having to wait until January for the new GAM/TAM to buy cap space.

- As Cincinnati you can be offered millions in GAM for first pick in the superdraft, which is pretty fantastic as manager of Cincinnati, but every club is competing for a guy who is not good enough for first team football in a draft with a capped PA of 119? In fact just one of the generation adidas contracts has any ability over 85?! They're paying out big money for....one guy with a CA of 106!?!? What?!

- For the March roster deadline, far too many good players are waived. For example, Sporting Kansas City spend 850k on a guy from Valencia B and decide to release him? Few other teams also spend money on players they release a few weeks later.

- By April - too many teams like Toronto Galaxy New York City, basically anyone with a high reputation is ignoring the need for squad depth. They're naming teams with 20-22 players on the roster.

Here's the roster picks.

6 clubs name 2 Goalkeepers

6 clubs name 1 player who can play at left back and Orlando named 0 left backs despite playing left backs?!?!?!

4 clubs pick one right back and Galaxy pick 0 right backs

3 clubs pick 3 centre backs and rather bizarrely NYCFC & LAFC name just 2. NYCFC shifted out Peru international Callens on loan, and LAFC released American international Zimmermann. 

As soon as there are injuries, it's no surprise that these teams all suffer badly.

So NYCFC sit rooted bottom of the conference with 1 win in 9 which comes as no surprise when they don't have defenders. In fact they have just 4 available in the squad, playing a back 4. 

Rather bizarrely there's plenty of former MLS player who are free agents available to sign. Tolo from Seattle was waived despite his high potential is deemed not good enough, like many other promising MLS players. There's too many players with big potential but not enough CA that are left behind on that list.

NYCFC don't even look to their academy to bring players in who contribute nothing to the cap. Baffling.

This is a result of the high reputation given to clubs and the AI's inability to seek any depth. The only players they want seem to match their reputation. So often you're seeing players transfer in then then get waived because of the cap, and there's plenty of former MLS players left on the scrap heap unable to find a new club rapidly losing their CA as a result. 

This massive flaw results in the big name teams slipping down to the bottom of the league unable to compete, while the smaller reputation clubs who opt for lower quality players build up squads with more depth. 

- By May things get worse for NYCFC as there's only 16 players available now. 2 of them are goalkeepers. To fill the bench the AI is now kicking up greyed out players to make up the numbers. NYCFC have an academy. Orlando also now have only 16 players available. They also have a left back in the academy with a CA 83 and PA 117 they're not signing up?  Makes no sense. 

To summarise, once again this league is another major let down. I appreciate it must be difficult to reflect the real life MLS structure in the game and some slight improvements have been made but it doesn't take more than an hour on manager holiday to identify all these things but again they're being ignored upon release. It's extremely disappointing and makes the league unenjoyable and uncompetitive. Initial excitement I had as Cincinnati wore off quickly.

I've tried everything I can in the editor to make this league work better but it's impossible to improve the experience.

It would be a great help for the editor to open up a lot more to allow changes to the MLS and try to keep the existing structure in place. I'm sure there's plenty of people like me who'd enjoy spending time trying to fix some of these issues themselves and sharing it with others who are equally as frustrated with the default version that is being produced.

At ths point I feel like the entire MLS structure within FM needs to be revamped

Not sure if this is in the right forum, please move if not.

See screenshot below, there has been no superdraft in the MLS for 2020, second season in the game. 2019 had a superdraft but not this year. No added leagues and database is straight from the box. If you want the game uploading let me know I'll be happy to do that.

1557291903_MajorLeagueSoccer_HistoryDrafts.thumb.png.e68dcbb720e2e911c44eb91ba07c8941.png

Edited by bigmattb28
Housekeeping.

On 25/01/2019 at 17:55, Mars_Blackmon said:

At ths point I feel like the entire MLS structure within FM needs to be revamped

Absolutely.

I found a way to make some minor improvements via the editor.

Firstly I changed the wage defaults and lowered it slightly in the editor.

Also by reducing the team reputation of each club by 500 some of the bigger name players stay and the average squad sizes increase by 2-3 players per club. This is far better than the version that was released where the best teams are relying on AI generated and greyed out players to make the bench.

However, it still has clubs making just absolutely crazy decision making in the squads. For example even in a slightly improved depth squad roster, Columbus Crew spent $300k on a backup goalkeeper from Europe for Steffan, and then sign up a 36 year old Brazilian goalkeeper as designated player to replace the American international Steffan as first choice. Mental. They have about 6 goalkeepers.

Some clubs will buy down 50-75% of a players contract (with or without tampering on the editor) and still waive them on roster deadline day. In the edited version even NYCFC improve Callens contract, buy down part of his contact to free up some cap space, then trade him for Chris Pontius and a 4th round pick in a draft. So they actually spent a load of money to invest in him, and then traded him off anyway? In the panic to make a roster compliant for the cap they also loan a striker Bergnat or whoever and go into the season with paper thin defensive and striking options, and go into the season with plenty of cap space? Unless you have the editor on to try add players there and that is no fun.

In another attempt I also changed the currency value of the US Dollar (you could set it do the dollar is worth double the pound) this also increased the cap amount, increased the GAM/TAM amount too and made lots of players interested in signing.....but the AI isn't recognising the free cap space and will do the same crazy roster decisions.

So it's clear that even if they were to make it available for people to play around with the editor more, increase the cap / increase the TAM and GAM, the defaults are coded in a way that it would just be lots more mayhem anyway.

There's very few 34-37 year olds on massive salaries anymore in the MLS, barely any players signed and waived players (maybe superdrafts at most) but this league does it far too frequently.

The AI just is not smart enough for there to be a realistic MLS league, unfortunately. It's far too easy as a human player to use the cap space wisely and take advantage of the over valued draft picks with other clubs, or simply wait for the waiver list up pick up good players who've been rashly waived away. 

It's another year gone by and another year where I've spent more time trying to clean up the default version in the editor than actually playing the game again. I've spent hundred now in the past few years on the game and the editors trying to improve it.

The only thing I would say about the MLS on FM19 is that if you had 24 human players, it might be slightly more enjoyable as but as a single player or even two player online, it's just not good enough. 

Other than that, just delete the league and create a new one....

On 24/01/2019 at 08:34, Freddie Sands said:

2. To clarify, are you trying to sign Amon to a Senior or a Designated contract? There is a known issue where the inbox item stating that the transfer is cancelled will use the phrase "transfer budget" when it should refer to General Allocation Money instead. All transfers for non-Designated players should come out of the GAM budget as transfer fees contribute to the cap impact of a player and the only way to buy down a player's cap impact beyond their salary charge is via Allocation Money. If you are offering a Designated contract and the transfer is being prevented fur to lack of GAM that would definitely be a bug though, as Designated transfers should use the standard transfer budget.

3. Do you have a save from before the transfer deadline? If so could you upload it to our cloud and we'll take a look.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  I did save a game as "test save" but then I went and saved over it like a jerk.  Sorry about that.

Regarding my attempt to sign Amon for a senior contract for $1.8m transfer fee (at a salary of approximately $300k).  By MLS rules, this transfer fee should be spread out over the life off the contract, so the full GAM impact is not applied all in year one.  This is correctly reflected when I negotiate the contract with Amon's agent, where there is a pop-up telling me how much GAM will be required (in year one) to sign him.  Also requiring that the transfer fee comes out of GAM all at once is incorect.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:06, Alix.Humphries said:

Hi @sinnerjo can you please upload the save from before the draft  using below method and we can investigate the issue, thanks

On 09/12/2018 at 21:43, sinnerjo said:

Superdraft was completely skipped for me in 2020. It asked to scout 2 matches but the date came and went with no draft actually happening in Jan or Feb. I supposed 3 first round picks. 

Edit: found a save before the draft was supposed to happen.  Below is the draft with Cincinnati getting 3 picks and only 1 eligible player.  Any ideas on how to fix this or if there will be a patch? Without the superdraft, MLS isn't worth playing long term, multiple seasons. The whole reason I bought this game in the first place.

image.thumb.png.bb431b9fb37ea6e0702fbb5bee91dd2c.png

I've had this exact thing happen to my in my new save. Did you play the game any more and was there a draft in 2021? I've got no added databases or anything like that, just playing straight out of the box.

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've had this exact thing happen to my in my new save. Did you play the game any more and was there a draft in 2021? I've got no added databases or anything like that, just playing straight out of the box.

Hey @bigmattb28 - Do you have a save game from the end of 2019 that I can look through. Many thanks. 

23 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @bigmattb28 - Do you have a save game from the end of 2019 that I can look through. Many thanks. 

I may do, I;m at work at the minute but will look tonight. Does it have to be at the end of 19? I know I have a save after January 2020 just wondering how long before the end of 19 you need.

How does the game determine a player's squad place under the coaching summary?  My goalkeeper, Stefan Marinovic, has been a three star player (current and potential) and was my starter the first season (even winning Keeper of the Year) but his status keeps bouncing back and forth between "Important first team player" and "Surplus to requirements."  I also have newgen players that I signed from the Academy team being displayed as "Important first team players" even though they're nowhere near MLS quality and likely won't ever make it in the league.

A few other things: it's incredibly difficult to pick up players in the waiver draft and actually keep them happy with their playing time.  I've brought up the issue before with waived players automatically being given First Team contract status and becoming unhappy almost immediately if you don't start them (even if you're selecting senior minimum salary players or backups) but as a whole, players are MUCH too hasty in becoming unhappy at a perceived lack of playing time (perceived, because they only recognize starts--I've had a player act as a "super-sub" and play about 30 minutes of EVERY league game and still come to me with complaints about playing time, even with a default status of "rotation."  The game should have standards set that relate to each potential squad status, i.e. Key Player should expect to start almost every game, First Team should expect to play in about 85% of games, Rotation = 60%, etc. Or, the game could implement a "minutes expected" feature that calculates the expected amount of time a player should see relative to their squad status.

Also, I have a custom Canadian Cup competition in my game with a starting reputation set to 60; the Vancouver board says that the competition is "unimportant" and don't really care how I perform (I created it mainly to give backups and young players a chance to play) but teams like Toronto and Montreal are putting out their first-team squads and running them ragged, despite their opponents being far weaker (applies to both the group stage and knockout rounds.)  It just doesn't seem as though AI squads are regularly rotating their players to keep them fresh. 

On 31/01/2019 at 15:30, bigmattb28 said:

I may do, I;m at work at the minute but will look tonight. Does it have to be at the end of 19? I know I have a save after January 2020 just wondering how long before the end of 19 you need.

January should be fine thanks. 

My current save is with FC Cincy in 2019. There's an odd schedule quirk in that I have a little more than a month off of MLS games in August and September. Screenshot attached, let me know if you'd like a save uploaded.2019schedule.thumb.GIF.fbe929c6bd96142caada3e846b66d7fc.GIF

Hey @aaronsinger - I'd like to take a look at your save game. Seems a bit strange to have that period of the season off for friendly games. I've attached the instructions on how to upload the save. 

On 05/02/2019 at 15:51, Christopher Lewis said:

January should be fine thanks. 

Hey man, I said I'd upload the save but haven't yet I will try tonight or tomorrow morning.

24 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @aaronsinger - I'd like to take a look at your save game. Seems a bit strange to have that period of the season off for friendly games. I've attached the instructions on how to upload the save. 

Hello,
I uploaded the save, file name is Aaron Singer--Cincinnati.

To clarify, the schedule for those 5 weeks or so was blank so I filled it with friendlies.

Edited by aaronsinger

Do the MLS youth "affiliate" clubs ever hire staff?  I'm currently in 2020 and my youth team, Whitecaps Residency, only has a head coach and no other staff.  Many other teams have no staff to speak of.  Is this going to impact player development?

I have finished my first season playing MN UFC.  In December I  get to the screen for the waiver draft and it seems there is no way to get the draft to commence (see attached picture).  My team is apparently not eligible to participate in the waiver draft.  If I continue the game and eventually get to dates for the expansion draft and then the reentry draft I am still stuck at the waiver draft screen if I look at the MLS draft screen.  I never do see the expansion draft or the reentry draft screens.  This messes everything up and eventually I lose all of my players who were not the 11 protected from the expansion draft.

Reentry Draft.png

Edited by Head Honcho

12 hours ago, Head Honcho said:

I have finished my first season playing MN UFC.  In December I  get to the screen for the waiver draft and it seems there is no way to get the draft to commence (see attached picture).  My team is apparently not eligible to participate in the waiver draft.  If I continue the game and eventually get to dates for the expansion draft and then the reentry draft I am still stuck at the waiver draft screen if I look at the MLS draft screen.  I never do see the expansion draft or the reentry draft screens.  This messes everything up and eventually I lose all of my players who were not the 11 protected from the expansion draft.

Reentry Draft.png

Are the transfer offers related to the waiver draft?  If so, I wonder if not answering them is causing an issue?

13 hours ago, looknohands said:

Are the transfer offers related to the waiver draft?  If so, I wonder if not answering them is causing an issue?

Thanks for the reply.  That's a good and perceptive suggestion as my screen shot did show 2 pending transfer offers.  I checked and they were not related to the waiver draft.  I also reloaded a save from about a month earlier and played again, responded to all transfer requests, and still got totally stuck at the waiver draft stage. 

On 27/02/2019 at 02:08, Head Honcho said:

Hi there, could you upload a copy of your save to our cloud service please for us to investigate?

I suspect that this is caused by the custom skin you're using not working on a draft screen, though I'm not certain of this by any means.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, could you upload a copy of your save to our cloud service please for us to investigate?

I suspect that this is caused by the custom skin you're using not working on a draft screen, though I'm not certain of this by any means.

Thanks Freddie for looking at this.  I have uploaded the save "Emerson Watson - End of Season 18" to the Cloud.  P.S. I did try to replay my save through the Waiver Draft using an official FM skin and I ran into the same problems as described earlier.

Edited by Head Honcho

15 hours ago, Head Honcho said:

Thanks Freddie for looking at this.  I have uploaded the save "Emerson Watson - End of Season 18" to the Cloud.  P.S. I did try to replay my save through the Waiver Draft using an official FM skin and I ran into the same problems as described earlier.

Thanks for the save, I've got the issue reproducing and logged for our coders to review now. Future drafts should schedule and work correctly from the tests I've done in this save too.

If the same team wins both the US cup and the MLS cup, then the tie breakers for the North America Champions League don't work properly.

In this situation, it excludes teams from the Western Conference and only takes teams from the Eastern Conference. The Western Conference winner is supposed to get an automatic berth, but does not. Moreover, Western Conference teams that finish higher in the standings than Eastern Conference teams are passed over for spots in the NACL. This has happened two seasons in a row in my current save.

On 02/03/2019 at 00:18, Zebu Nation said:

If the same team wins both the US cup and the MLS cup, then the tie breakers for the North America Champions League don't work properly.

In this situation, it excludes teams from the Western Conference and only takes teams from the Eastern Conference. The Western Conference winner is supposed to get an automatic berth, but does not. Moreover, Western Conference teams that finish higher in the standings than Eastern Conference teams are passed over for spots in the NACL. This has happened two seasons in a row in my current save.

Good spot, the Western Conference teams seem to be ignored when the game is selecting any teams beyond the MLS Cup, US Cup, Supporters Shield winners. The problem seems to come in after the first season when the qualification criteria changes. I've logged this now with our coders to investigate, thanks for raising this.

15 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Any fixes and updates for MLS in  the winter update?

Cincinnati has their logo now.
'bout all that I've noticed so far.

19 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Any fixes and updates for MLS in  the winter update?

Various minor fixes, though on top of that I will mention that the new 2019 playoff format is in place for new save games.

I waived two players midseason (one DP and one not), it said that I used my guaranteed contract buyout for both of them despite only getting one per season, and for some reason my salary increased by 4000 for literally no reason, now putting me above that cap no matter who i do or don't register

14 hours ago, kravchenko said:

I waived two players midseason (one DP and one not), it said that I used my guaranteed contract buyout for both of them despite only getting one per season, and for some reason my salary increased by 4000 for literally no reason, now putting me above that cap no matter who i do or don't register

Hi there, could you upload your save game to our cloud service for us to investigate? If you happen to have a save from before buying out the contracts could you upload that too please? Thanks