Freddie Sands

[Portugal] (Official) League Specific Issues

13 hours ago, PandoraBox said:

1) is a coding issue, therefore nothing i can do

2) [what you do, unrelated to my post]

[more of what you do, unrelated to my post]

[more of what you do, unrelated to my post, with a bonus guilt trip]

[more of what you do, unrelated to my post, with another bonus guilt trip]

Last year, i was asked to add youth leagues. I could have only added 1st and 2nd leagues, and it would be more than enough, after all, regional leagues are never going to become a priority, there aren't even youths created from those levels.

I added a few regional leagues, some aren't even with the correct structure, like Porto, because it is not a priority. This year i didn't even had the time to update u19 regional divisions, only updated the 1st and 2nd league leagues. 

Plus, most u19 regional division structures are published after my database lock.

PS: [more of what you do, unrelated to my post]

I'm not unsympathetic to someone with a burnout, as i've had my own. As for taking on more work than what you're asked, it's up to you what you do with your free time.

However, and although that's a nice insight into what you do and into your personal life, as the other popular post pointed out, the main issue is with how moderators communicate (or rather how they don't communicate). I could make jokes about coming on this forum whenever i need some peace and quiet. That's what makes fertile ground for aspersive community relations. Forum mods should be the cartilage between the consumer base and the developers, and when there's not a lot there, exchanges can get a bit tense.

As i pointed out, everyone here knows SI doesn't care about B teams. That's why i didn't ask any questions about B teams. As for the questions i did ask, in your entire post, you didn't answer either of them, so i'll repeat them here for you:

What are the developmental differences between u19 friendlies and a u19 league? Do players develop more, less, or the same?

As Praiense (or Angrense or as any other club from Angra do Heroísmo or Horta that manages to be promoted into a playable league), since my u19 team isn't in a u19 regional league, will my u19 team get sorted into the second league u-19 league if my senior team gets promoted into the second league (i.e. skipping over a non-existent level)?

As for it being discrimination or laziness, i'm not going to pretend to know which one of the two it was, i'm just going to say the second item on the list of regional divisions in Portugal should have clued you in quite clearly, and i use the word "discrimination" equally as frequently as i hear references to "the islands don't count". Just making suggestions for your future work. With this combination, i'll be left without a B team, with a u23 team "some of the time", and without a u19 team.

Edited by C-Hawk

2 hours ago, PandoraBox said:

I'm also the researcher for 90% of the premier league teams, more than half 2nd league teams and dozens of CP teams. My weekends are basically being on a bus/train going north to south watching games, with expenses/tickets bought with my own money.

All this even though i have a job (we- research team - aren't SI workers) and not having holidays since i became HR. My summer holidays from my job is to be sat on a chair updating the FM database, in some deadlines i stay awake 26-28h straight updating the database, not even sleeping) I've had a burnout 2 years ago, never complained, kept working like nothing was worrying me, just to provide all the best possible database to FM fans, because i like what i do, but i don't have time to do anything else in my life.

Last year, i was asked to add youth leagues. I could only have added 1st and 2nd leagues, and it would be more than enough, after all, regional leagues are never going to become a priority, there aren't even youths created from those levels.

I added a few regional leagues, some aren't even with the correct structure, like Porto, because it is not a priority. This year i didn't even had the time to update u19 regional divisions, only updated the 1st and 2nd league leagues. 

Plus, most u19 regional division structures are published after my database lock.

Wow, that's a lot of work.

On a curious note, have you ever had a player that you "discovered" before anyone else thanks to all these journeys? Gave him the proper numbers, potential, etc and later saw this player becoming "as expected" or not surprised by seeing him later on higher divisions and clubs?

I'm not unsympathetic to someone with a burnout, as i've had my own. As for taking on more work than what you're asked, it's up to you what you do with your free time.

Hence why i have my priorities, u19 regional divisions are not a priority and is bottom of the non priority things to update.

However, and although that's a nice insight into what you do and into your personal life, as the other popular post pointed out, the main issue is with how moderators communicate (or rather how they don't communicate). I could make jokes about coming on this forum whenever i need some peace and quiet. That's what makes fertile ground for aspersive community relations. Forum mods should be the cartilage between the consumer base and the developers, and when there's not a lot there, exchanges can get a bit tense.

I answer on my own thread, the database one, that's what i work with, not league issues, those are all coding stuff. And i get the same attention as you when i report errors. 

As i pointed out, everyone here knows SI doesn't care about B teams. That's why i didn't ask any questions about B teams.

i agree with you, but nothing i can do. I have been battling to get them improved since i started to collaborate with them, but i don't get answers at all. It's all under review. Every single year.

What are the developmental differences between u19 friendlies and a u19 league? Do players develop more, less, or the same?

Coding

As Praiense (or Angrense or as any other club from Angra do Heroísmo or Horta that manages to be promoted into a playable league), since my u19 team isn't in a u19 regional league, will my u19 team get sorted into the second league u-19 league if my senior team gets promoted into the second league (i.e. skipping over a non-existent level)?

Coding

As for it being discrimination or laziness, i'm not going to pretend to know which one of the two it was, i'm just going to say the second item on the list of regional divisions in Portugal should have clued you in quite clearly, and i use the word "discrimination" equally as frequently as i hear references to "the islands don't count". Just making suggestions for your future work. With this combination, i'll be left without a B team, with a u23 team "some of the time", and without a u19 team.

feel free to post on the database issues thread, the teams that should be created and placed on both u19 regional divisions missing, and how do the promotions/relegations work. What level is it supposed to be etc.

It's easier that way to create and send rules to SI to code into the game.

same here, i cannot understand what SI had in mind about portuguese leagues, all year the same *****, that takes out lot of will to play this. I ve an u23 team that i cannot use there my young players...

u23 league are completely ****ed... i spent 2 saves already, lot of time, and still no u23 league after 1 week complaining... this is completely unacceptable... next year i wont buy the game for sure.

Not sure if it's the right place, and I don't think it is really a bug, but at least on my game, things are not well ballanced, results wise. Porto, excluding games against me (Benfica) has won now 40 games in a row on the league! They win almost every game easily,including games against Sporting. Porto is a good team, as is Benfica and Sporting, but win 40 games in a row, doesn't seem well balanced to me, as I would say if I won 40 games in a row..

It doesn't seem a realistic experience to have to make almost 100 points every season and be unbeaten every season with one or two draws at most to be champion.

Edited by shadster

Em 09/11/2018 em 22:48, 99 disse:

Just noticed the same bug:

It's SO annoying, now I have half a dozen players who will get zero game time, when I promoted them specifically to get more gametime.

Would be nice to get a fix on this. In previous versions it worked fine.

Thank you.

For who may be interested, I found a workaround for this bug that you can apply in your saves.

While for some strange reason players registered in the main team are not recognized as registered in the B team (and therefore can't play there from September onwards when the registration windows closes), the opposite apparently happens. Meaning, a player registered for the B team can play in the main one.

So what I just did was: sent the youngsters that I had promoted back to the B team (in August), registered them there, and then sent them again to the main team. Now they can train in the main and play cup and other less important matches there, while keep playing regularly in the B team evey week.

Ofcourse, while this trick works, the bug is still there, and it wasn't in FM18, 17 and so on. My intention is to help while a fix is worked, not to say that the bug isn't there anymore...

Edited by 99

Em 20/10/2018 em 13:05, LuisSilva10 disse:

Fc porto has no team sub 23 only team b. There should not be the sub 23 team.

That's not the problem because we don't know if FC Porto will have one next year, the thing is that "Liga Revelação"(U-23 League) only happens during the first season. At the beggining of the second season I was asked if I wanted to be in that competition and I said yes, after that nothing happened and I'm already in December and left a great U-23 squad, that I made after buying new players, without matches.

Liga Revelação.PNG

Hi guys, not really adding anything new here, because from what I've read so far all my issues were already mentioned, I just hope they don't take the FC Porto U-23 team away because we don't know if this team will exist next year(2019). At least leave an option for this team to appear on the second season if we want to.

5 horas atrás, Branquinho1997 disse:

PEOPLE THAT HAVE U23 LEAGUE PROBLEMS , DO YOU  PLAY WITH  A BIG DATABASE (>70000 PLAYERS)?

In my case yes.

Hi.

I believe this is also a bug. When a given player was sold, the solidarity fee was given to their previous team AND their B team.

In this case, Ricardo Esgaio, formed in Sporting, was sold from Braga to West Ham and both Sporting and Sporting B received fees. See in this picture:

16xASvw.jpg

I believe they should be treated as the same team, or else, any team with a B team can double the fees they receive.

In my save a few teams changed stadiums in second season. It's probably not a bug, maybe because they don't meet the requirements by the federation rules, but it's a bit unrealistic in my opinion...

Ledman LigaPro_ Vista Geral Estádios.png

Liga NOS_ Vista Geral Estádios.png

12 horas atrás, CJ'43 disse:

In my save a few teams changed stadiums in second season. It's probably not a bug, maybe because they don't meet the requirements by the federation rules, but it's a bit unrealistic in my opinion...

Ledman LigaPro_ Vista Geral Estádios.png

Liga NOS_ Vista Geral Estádios.png

when they dont meet the rules required , they are obligated to change to a new stadium or to expand so they can  comply with the rules

Edited by Branquinho1997

On 16/11/2018 at 17:38, C-Hawk said:

@Freddie Sands @PandoraBox And as for both issues i raised above, regarding A) the promotion of B teams to playable leagues and B) the inexistence of youth leagues for clubs from Angra do Heroísmo and Horta? It's that big fat popular different-coloured post up there, of which there are two - the other one quoting me - which is seemingly being treated as some sort of elephant in the room. Are those, too, "under review" (which seems to be SI code for "we've read it and are now going to watch the EPL games")?

Sorry for my tone, but after 4 years you kinda run out of patience as much as SI runs out of motivation.

Hi C-Hawk, the B Team issue you've mentioned is under review internally but as a Feature Request instead of a bug. This is because the dynamic addition of B Teams during a save game to be added to the senior league structure is currently unsupported for all leagues and something we would like to change but can't without radically re-considering the code behind it.

With the youth leagues you mention the only Azores-specific division we have is the U19 Ponta Delgada division. As youth and reserve teams at a certain level are beyond our scope (for all nations), much like with the senior competitions we have to make a cutoff with which competitions are at a high enough level to represent in game. Praiense, for example, intentionally don't have their U19 team in an active competition (as they are too far down the pyramid) and are treated in a similar manner to a senior team in an inactive competition. There is fallback code for this situation so youth players will still develop at clubs in this situation across the game, as this situation is not too uncommon generally.

The post isn't being treated as an elephant in the room at all - we simply just have limited time to respond to as many forum issues as we can on top of regular duties and have to sometimes prioritise by relative severity. 

On 23/11/2018 at 01:28, 99 said:

Hi.

I believe this is also a bug. When a given player was sold, the solidarity fee was given to their previous team AND their B team.

In this case, Ricardo Esgaio, formed in Sporting, was sold from Braga to West Ham and both Sporting and Sporting B received fees. See in this picture:

I believe they should be treated as the same team, or else, any team with a B team can double the fees they receive.

Hi there, do you have the save game from soon before (or failing that, after) this player was sold? Could you upload it to our cloud service if so please? Thanks

On 21/11/2018 at 12:53, Branquinho1997 said:

i think big DB makes leagues not work correctly but i hope @Freddie Sands can provide us more answers

Hi Branquinho, from what I understand the issue isn't necessarily related to external files and can just happen on any Portugal save with the same likelihood.

On 17/11/2018 at 17:57, DNeves07 said:

Liga Revelação (Portuguese U23 League) not working on second season
Image says it starts on August and I'm already on October

On 20/11/2018 at 17:18, Pescadinha23 said:

That's not the problem because we don't know if FC Porto will have one next year, the thing is that "Liga Revelação"(U-23 League) only happens during the first season. At the beggining of the second season I was asked if I wanted to be in that competition and I said yes, after that nothing happened and I'm already in December and left a great U-23 squad, that I made after buying new players, without matches.

Hi, we are aware of this issue and working to resolve it.

I found out a workaround for the Under 23 league to work every season. When the game reaches the date 25 June, go on holiday in game until 1st July. At that time the game will have started a new season and the Under 23 league will be working for the new season.

30 minutos atrás, fermcr1 disse:

I found out a workaround for the Under 23 league to work every season. When the game reaches the date 25 June, go on holiday in game until 1st July. At that time the game will have started a new season and the Under 23 league will be working for the new season.

league under 23 starts 10th of august every season   , so this right here is fake news , sorry to disappoint

Edited by Branquinho1997

40 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

league under 23 starts 10th of august every season   , so this right here is fake news , sorry to disappoint

You have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Every country in the game has a specific date to reset their leagues and create new leagues to start a new season. The Portuguease season resets every year at 28-29 June. At that date the game resets and creates a new Portuguese League 1, League 2, etc... and the respective Under 23 league. Haven't you noticed that the PC hangs for a while at the 28-29 June for every Portuguese season?

The Under 23 league may start at 10th of August every season, but the Portuguease season resets and creates their news leagues for the season at 28-29 June of the game.

Like I said, if you go on holiday between 25 June and 1st July, the  Under 23 league may work for you every season.

Edited by fermcr1

1 hora atrás, fermcr1 disse:

Every country in the game has a specific date to reset their leagues and create new leagues to start a new season. The Portuguease season resets every year at 28-29 June. At that date the game resets and creates a new Portuguese League 1, League 2, etc... and the respective Under 23 league. Haven't you noticed that the PC hangs for a while at the 28-29 June for every Portuguese season?

The Under 23 league may start at 10th of August every season, but the Portuguease season resets and creates their news leagues for the season at 28-29 June of the game.

Like I said, if you go on holiday between 25 June and 1st July, the  Under 23 league may work for you every season.

Just got to this post because I noticed the U23 issue. I'll give this a go when my 19/20 season is done. Thank you

9 horas atrás, fermcr1 disse:

yes i know what you are talking about , because i have every reset´s league dates for when i test things out so ... 

no matter how or what , in the tests that i performed , the league still doesnt work.

lets find out if your method works

@Freddie Sands One thing that i forgot to mention on my Portugal file  is that promotions and relegations dont change / work ....

Edited by Branquinho1997
second line of text was incorrect claiming fake news

Hello, I'm playing in Portugal for the first time, so forgive me if this is known or a quirk of the league.

I've just finished my first season with Vitória and had the top two tiers loaded (the third tier is being added any time now). Three clubs were set to be relegated from the Primeira. They ended up being Chaves, Santa Clara and Feirense. I spotted only two clubs were set to be promoted from LigaPro, they ended up being Pacos Ferreira and Estoril. I got a news item through on new season day saying after last season's promotions and relegations, Primeira Liga has one fewer team, taking it to 18 in total. Gil Vicente have appeared from nowhere (I believe they play in the Campeonato?) to be promoted to the Primeira for 2019/20. Looking at the Campeonato, they weren't one of the three teams to be promoted to LigaPro and it appears they weren't even assigned to be in the Campeonato.

Edited by fmsamo
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, fmsamo said:

Hello, I'm playing in Portugal for the first time, so forgive me if this is known or a quirk of the league.

I've just finished my first season with Vitória and had the top two tiers loaded (the third tier is being added any time now). Three clubs were set to be relegated from the Primeira. They ended up being Chaves, Santa Clara and Feirense. I spotted only two clubs were set to be promoted from LigaPro, they ended up being Pacos Ferreira and Estoril. I got a news item through on new season day saying after last season's promotions and relegations, Primeira Liga has one fewer team, taking it to 18 in total. Gil Vicente have appeared from nowhere (I believe they play in the Campeonato?) to be promoted to the Primeira for 2019/20. Looking at the Campeonato, they weren't one of the three teams to be promoted to LigaPro and it appears they weren't even assigned to be in the Campeonato.

Just found this is actually supposed to happen :D as you were...

6 horas atrás, Dodkrake disse:

The new update seems to have fixed the under-23's issue for me. No new save required

i´m testing on another new save

Edited by Branquinho1997

This was an issue as well last year, don't know if it happens on other leagues, but after some seasons, AI results, between medium or weaker teams on portuguese league become weird and nonsene. I see a lot of 6-4, 7-1, etc.. and that's not very probable in a Tondela-Feirense..

On 26/11/2018 at 16:20, Freddie Sands said:

With the youth leagues you mention the only Azores-specific division we have is the U19 Ponta Delgada division. As youth and reserve teams at a certain level are beyond our scope (for all nations), much like with the senior competitions we have to make a cutoff with which competitions are at a high enough level to represent in game. Praiense, for example, intentionally don't have their U19 team in an active competition (as they are too far down the pyramid) and are treated in a similar manner to a senior team in an inactive competition. There is fallback code for this situation so youth players will still develop at clubs in this situation across the game, as this situation is not too uncommon generally.

I don't believe you understood the issue correctly: Within the Azores, there are three parallel and equivalent associations (Ponta Delgada, Angra do Heroísmo, and Horta). Sporting Ideal, for example, start the 2019 database at the same level as Praiense (third league level). Sporting Ideal are in the Ponta Delgada association, and their u19 team exists in the Ponta Delgada youth competition. Praiense, being at the same level, and being in the Angra do Heroísmo association - at the same level of hierarchy as Ponta Delgada - get to compete in the couch at home. Ponta Delgada's association is no more superior to Horta's association than Portalegre's association is superior to Braga's association. All associations in the federation are at the same level.

What i'm 99% certain happened is that it was thought, likely by a mainlander, that the Azores only has one capital city and not three.

I mentioned this in my original post. The one you said you read.

I again apologise for an antagonistic tone, but SI is just rocketing into technical debt at this point, which is tragically comedic considering the only thing there really is that absolutely must be done at each version is to update a database and everything else is optional aesthetics. New features are a lot more important to SI than correcting anything at all, it seems, and considering that since B teams exist they have never been fixed, i'm pretty sure Horta and Angra do Heroísmo are never going to get youth leagues, because that's not a shiny new feature, that's a bug fix - and one from a stinky non-English country at that.

On 17/11/2018 at 23:24, 99 said:

For who may be interested, I found a workaround for this bug that you can apply in your saves.

An example: I love that we're reduced to improvising solutions based on using a bug of a bug that happens on a specific version of the game.

On 17/11/2018 at 12:23, PandoraBox said:

feel free to post on the database issues thread, the teams that should be created and placed on both u19 regional divisions missing, and how do the promotions/relegations work. What level is it supposed to be etc.

It's easier that way to create and send rules to SI to code into the game.

Are you actually asking a user to do your job?

I'll see you all next year.

Edited by C-Hawk

Em 15/12/2018 em 16:34, Branquinho1997 disse:

i´m testing on another new save

UPDATE : Problem is fixed (u23 league starts) and working with no problems

Edited by Branquinho1997

Em 16/12/2018 em 03:19, C-Hawk disse:

Are you actually asking a user to do your job?

I'll see you all next year.

I'm pretty sure i explained it clearly, that it's not my job. U19 regionals are nothing but a bonus. So i'm not wasting my time trying to find rules and teams for these levels. if you want it done, then research it and post it, that's the minimum you can do, after complaining this much.

I lost the game in the First Round of the Portuguese Cup so I was eliminated from the competition. I was astonish to find out that after being eliminated my team was drawn to play the Second Round of the competition. The team that beat me in the First Round is also participating in the Second Round. That's insane!

Screenshot (151).png

Screenshot (152).png

Screenshot (153).png

Screenshot (154).png

Hi, I just want to point a detail that doesn't seem correct to me.. It would help to bring more realism if fixed.

I was playing against Porto and as you see the audience is totaling 21.965 (6.903 visitors)

This is very inacurate, when big 3 clubs like Porto, Benfica or Sporting play away with smaller clubs, normaly 75% of the audience is supporting them(big 3 clubs).

Its almost impossible that in a match between porto and academica, academica will end up having more supporters than porto... at least in the very beggining of the game.

more acurate in this situation would be 21.965 (15.062 visitors)

adeptos visitantes erro.jpg

I have both my u19 (u19a and u19b) squads playing at the same level...  when the game starts my u19b was playing at regional level, but they got promoted twice and now are disputing the nationals u19, where the u19a squad was already.

to be honest I dont know the u19 rules, so Im not sure if this is possible or not.. at senior level, b teams cannot play at the same level as the main team... in u19s Im not sure, but seems a little weird, Im almost sure that this can't happen

sub19s.jpg

7 horas atrás, pw_almeida187 disse:

I have both my u19 (u19a and u19b) squads playing at the same level...  when the game starts my u19b was playing at regional level, but they got promoted twice and now are disputing the nationals u19, where the u19a squad was already.

to be honest I dont know the u19 rules, so Im not sure if this is possible or not.. at senior level, b teams cannot play at the same level as the main team... in u19s Im not sure, but seems a little weird, Im almost sure that this can't happen

sub19s.jpg

u19 b cannot be promoted to national division, bug reported in early versions

Em 26/12/2018 em 09:32, Dani190283 disse:

Damn, that's right. I had no idea that losing teams of the first round were selected to play the second one. Is this a recent modification to the cup rules? My apologies for not knowing this and posting as an error from the game. Thank's for correcting me and letting me know this. Obrigado!

The league sorting rules are off. I was Sporting and tied on points with Braga at the end of the season. With the league sorting rules Sporting should have been Champions but Braga still won the title. It appeared that the sorting bug only applied when I (Sporting) was tied with Braga. I saw other teams tied on points in my division and others where the proper sorting rules were applied. 
- We tied both our games against each other. 2-2 away at Braga, and 1-1 home at Sporting. So even if away goals applies, Sporting would be top.
- I had better goal difference
- I had more goals for

I originally posted in the wrong topic which can be found here: 

I posted my screenshots in there. 

7 hours ago, mbelerique said:

The league sorting rules are off. I was Sporting and tied on points with Braga at the end of the season. With the league sorting rules Sporting should have been Champions but Braga still won the title. It appeared that the sorting bug only applied when I (Sporting) was tied with Braga. I saw other teams tied on points in my division and others where the proper sorting rules were applied. 
- We tied both our games against each other. 2-2 away at Braga, and 1-1 home at Sporting. So even if away goals applies, Sporting would be top.
- I had more goals for

More Home goals for Braga? Is the only reason I can think off..as it's also mentioned in the last screenshot..

17 hours ago, mbelerique said:

- I had more goals for

Thanks for reporting this @mbelerique can we get a save from just before the final game is played so we can investigate the issue with the sorting rules, Thanks

Posted (edited)
On 16/11/2018 at 21:52, PandoraBox said:

added a few regional leagues, some aren't even with the correct structure, like Porto, because it is not a priority. 

Is this related to the fact that teams like Lousada, Freamunde and Tirsense never get promoted to the Campeonato de Portugal?

I'm in season 2020/21 and the Serie A and Serie B of the Campeonato de Portugal is starting to look awkward, mostly with teams from Bragança, Vila Real, Braga and Viseu, and a few teams from Porto that was there since 2018/19. Not a single one was promoted from regional leagues.

EDIT: Just simulated to 2023/24: no new teams on Campeonato de Portugal from the AF Porto regional leagues. Only Amarante was able to get promoted, but I have to note that Amarante is in the Campeonato de Portugal on the starting season.

Edited by Mica

On 02/01/2019 at 21:33, BadAss88 said:

More Home goals for Braga? Is the only reason I can think off..as it's also mentioned in the last screenshot..

I can't recall if they did, but it shouldn't matter because of the order of the sorting rules. Sporting was better in the first 4 rules. Tied for both games, but then had better goal difference, more games won, and more goals scored.

On 03/01/2019 at 07:13, Alix.Humphries said:

Thanks for reporting this @mbelerique can we get a save from just before the final game is played so we can investigate the issue with the sorting rules, Thanks

Unfortunately it frustrated me and I just quit and overwrite the save. Sorry.