Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Poland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Poland here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Poland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Polish Cup

From this year, you can make a fourth change in extra time.

example

Ekstraklasa

From 19/20 season 3 teams will be relegated.

From 19/20 1. liga 2 teams will be promoted and 1 from the play-offs (SF 3-6, 2-5 one match and the final on the pitch of a better team).

From 19/20 1. liga 3 teams will be relegated.

From 19/20 2. liga 2 teams will be promoted and 1 from the play-offs (SF 3-6, 2-5 one match and the final on the pitch of a better team).

source in polish - page 1 and page 2

Edited by Michal

On 01/11/2018 at 15:26, Michal said:

Polish Cup

From this year, you can make a fourth change in extra time.

Thank you for logging this @Michal this has now been logged for review

On 01/11/2018 at 15:26, Michal said:

Ekstraklasa

From 19/20 season 3 teams will be relegated.

From 19/20 1. liga 2 teams will be promoted and 1 from the play-offs (SF 3-6, 2-5 one match and the final on the pitch of a better team).

From 19/20 1. liga 3 teams will be relegated.

From 19/20 2. liga 2 teams will be promoted and 1 from the play-offs (SF 3-6, 2-5 one match and the final on the pitch of a better team).

Thank you @Michal This is logged and under review

I think it should be here:

Between the second and third day of the league, I had a friendly match. In my opinion, this should not happen.

It was few days ago (in real) and I can not check if it will happen again.  Date matches in game: 28.07(2day)-30.07(friendly)-4.08(3day)

I have screen with that:

gbzyWj1.png

Could you correct this fail in game and of course change position of my post if it is not the right place?

Disciplinary issue.

League Rules state that a 1 match ban follows a red card, as you'd expect. In my last game, my central defender was sent off but he has no band pending. This has happened a couple of times over the course of this save and I thought it was a weird rule for the league. Turns out they're not getting banned at all. I've just spotted another two players with red cards and they're not banned for the next match.

I can upload the save game but it'll take about a year due to my potato internet.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 21.52.39.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 21.52.51.jpg

A double yellow card does not give a break in the next match.

Only direct red or 4/8/12 yellow card in the season.

"SPRAWY DYSCYPLINARNE Art. 14. Żółte kartki 14.1. Zawodnik, który w czasie meczów Rozgrywek Ekstraklasy otrzyma napomnienie (żółtą kartkę) zostanie automatycznie ukarany:

a. przy czwartym napomnieniu - karą dyskwalifikacji w wymiarze 1 meczu,

b. przy ósmym napomnieniu - karą dyskwalifikacji w wymiarze 1 meczu,

c. przy dwunastym napomnieniu - karą dyskwalifikacji w wymiarze 2 meczów,

d. przy każdym kolejnym co czwartym napomnieniu (szesnastym, dwudziestym itd.) - karą dyskwalifikacji w wymiarze 2 meczów.

14.2. Jeżeli w czasie jednego meczu Rozgrywek Ekstraklasy co najmniej pięciu zawodników jednej drużyny Klubu otrzyma napomnienie (żółta kartka) lub zostanie wykluczonych z gry (czerwona kartka), Klub zostanie automatycznie ukarany karą finansową w wysokości 1500 złotych."

Oh really? Wow, apologies. That's an odd rule compared to any other league I've managed in so thought it was a bug.

On 15/11/2018 at 09:49, jeid2000 said:

Oh really? Wow, apologies. That's an odd rule compared to any other league I've managed in so thought it was a bug.

Of course, if you get a yellow card and then you do not get the second yellow only immediately red then in the next match the footballer has a break

I'm sure this is a bug. The Ekstraklasa splits into 2 groups near the end of the season, championship and relegation, and I'm in the relegation group. The game thinks I'm going to qualify for the Europa league as I'm currently 4th in that group.

However nobody from the relegation group qualifies for continental football, so the game has it wrong.

I think I know why this is, I think it's because the game thinks as I'm 4th in table and 4th in the championship group qualifies for the Europa league and it's not distinguishing between the relegation and championship groups

qual.thumb.JPG.1becd86c8b05d3a49eeb73cabade70de.JPG

next game I draw and as I dropped a place the game now thinks I am going to lose out on qualifying

qual2.thumb.JPG.76193061783a50501976eb476d6e9991.JPG

qual3.thumb.JPG.e4261605d960589ad92fd03a06ed1a05.JPG

I've not got any custom databases or anything like that. If you need me to upload a save game then I can

Cheers.

Edited by bigmattb28

I guess that game doesn't see the difference between championship and relegation group and assumes you're 4th in the league in general, which is obviously not true.

FM18 had the exactly same issue, so I wouldn't expect this to be fixed before FM20.

On 23/11/2018 at 13:03, bigmattb28 said:

I'm sure this is a bug. The Ekstraklasa splits into 2 groups near the end of the season, championship and relegation, and I'm in the relegation group. The game thinks I'm going to qualify for the Europa league as I'm currently 4th in that group.

However nobody from the relegation group qualifies for continental football, so the game has it wrong.

I think I know why this is, I think it's because the game thinks as I'm 4th in table and 4th in the championship group qualifies for the Europa league and it's not distinguishing between the relegation and championship groups

next game I draw and as I dropped a place the game now thinks I am going to lose out on qualifying

I've not got any custom databases or anything like that. If you need me to upload a save game then I can

Cheers.

and... how did it end?

Disciplinary issue.

Player receives a yellow card which was his 4th in Polish League so he should get a 1 match ban like I read in mailbox. But i play 4 next games (even 6) and still cant put him in squad cause of his suspension. Even if i go on vacation for 2 weeks my assistant cant put him in squad too. Others players suspensions are ok.

Zrzut ekranu (34).png

Zrzut ekranu (35).png

Zrzut ekranu (36).png

Zrzut ekranu (37).png

On 26/11/2018 at 12:44, myfunnygame said:

and... how did it end?

I finished 12th overall and did not qualify for Europe which is what should've happened. Didn't see if the game made a point of me not making Europe however.

On 23/11/2018 at 12:03, bigmattb28 said:

Cheers.

Hiya, we've not had any luck reproducing this internally so far - could you upload your save game if still possible? Thanks

On 05/11/2018 at 13:18, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @Michal This is logged and under review

Hi Team,

This has now changed (in fact it stays the same as is ie. 2 teams relegated, 2 groups - championship and relegation)

however, new rules about mandatory youth player for the entire match duration and nationality restriction lift are going to be introduced from 19/20 season  - is this going to be rectified in FM19 as it is a big change and changes the whole gameplay for Polish users?  

1 hour ago, Sereq said:

Hi Team,

This has now changed (in fact it stays the same as is ie. 2 teams relegated, 2 groups - championship and relegation)

however, new rules about mandatory youth player for the entire match duration and nationality restriction lift are going to be introduced from 19/20 season  - is this going to be rectified in FM19 as it is a big change and changes the whole gameplay for Polish users?  

Hi there, there are no plans to have this for FM19 currently but it is on our radar for future releases.

14 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, there are no plans to have this for FM19 currently but it is on our radar for future releases.

15 hours ago, Sereq said:

Hi Team,

I had a quick look and u21 player rule is implemented from 19/20 season. 

Hi,

During last days three cases of the same game-breaking bug was reported to me. 

It happens in polish Lotto Ekstraklasa in random seasons (1st, 3rd and 6th in those examples) after main stage (30 gameweeks). Then the league is divided to champions group and relegation group, but in three reported cases the fixtures for these groups were not created. In result, the league was stuck and never finished.

Two of those cases took place on saves whithout any editor data files, third one with only non-league file. In-game editor was not used. I looked through the saves but found nothing unusual besides the bug itself.

Obviously it's not happening in every game of every player, but these instances are concerning. I think the league might be breaking on clean database under some weird conditions.

I can't connect with your FTP server currently, so I paste links with save games I received.

https://ufile.io/4d2rb

https://ufile.io/3w6wq

Cheers

22 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

Hi,

During last days three cases of the same game-breaking bug was reported to me. 

It happens in polish Lotto Ekstraklasa in random seasons (1st, 3rd and 6th in those examples) after main stage (30 gameweeks). Then the league is divided to champions group and relegation group, but in three reported cases the fixtures for these groups were not created. In result, the league was stuck and never finished.

Two of those cases took place on saves whithout any editor data files, third one with only non-league file. In-game editor was not used. I looked through the saves but found nothing unusual besides the bug itself.

Obviously it's not happening in every game of every player, but these instances are concerning. I think the league might be breaking on clean database under some weird conditions.

I can't connect with your FTP server currently, so I paste links with save games I received.

https://ufile.io/4d2rb

https://ufile.io/3w6wq

Cheers

Hi there, thanks for raising this. I've logged this with our researchers to investigate based on the save provided. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue from scratch naturally, as the Polish domestic competitions seem to work correctly in any saves/tests I create internally. Do you happen to have any of these save games from before April 13th of the seasons where the Ekstraklasa stops scheduling? If so could you upload these as well please? Thanks again

I believe link no. 1 contains save from April 5th (after 29 gameweeks). If I'll receive more, I will upload it immidiately.

2 hours ago, Ceyvol said:

I believe link no. 1 contains save from April 5th (after 29 gameweeks). If I'll receive more, I will upload it immidiately.

Ah sorry, I only downloaded the second one at first. I've passed the first save onto the coding team too now, thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi, there's another case of the same issue. Again, no editor data files. This career was created on December 30th though, so on database 19.1.0. The previous two were created recently in March, on database 19.3.0. So... that's the thing.

https://uploadfiles.io/5s39k  - 3rd July 2020, after unfinished season. If the autor has the save from before the bug, I will post it as well.

Edit: https://uploadfiles.io/sqf0t - the same save before the bug, after 19 gameweeks.

Edited by Ceyvol

On 22/03/2019 at 17:07, Ceyvol said:

Hi, there's another case of the same issue. Again, no editor data files. This career was created on December 30th though, so on database 19.1.0. The previous two were created recently in March, on database 19.3.0. So... that's the thing.

https://uploadfiles.io/5s39k  - 3rd July 2020, after unfinished season. If the autor has the save from before the bug, I will post it as well.

Edit: https://uploadfiles.io/sqf0t - the same save before the bug, after 19 gameweeks.

Thanks for the 19.1.0 save as well. It seems (according to our coding team) that adding/removing leagues may have caused this by way of some obscure knock on, so they're investigating that further.

Hello Freddie,

I've got same situation like Ceyvol reported - after 30week fixtures not created. Ineed I had adding one league pending, but deleting it don't fix anything for me.

is there any way to fix the save, or just start from the beginning?

On 02/04/2019 at 21:47, yarmooh said:

Hello Freddie,

I've got same situation like Ceyvol reported - after 30week fixtures not created. Ineed I had adding one league pending, but deleting it don't fix anything for me.

is there any way to fix the save, or just start from the beginning?

Hi yarmooh, after investigating it seems that once the fixtures haven't been created the file is seemingly unfixable. I'm afraid the only way to guarantee the Polish leagues not breaking is to go to start again (or if you have a save game from before the season updated in Poland) and not add any more leagues to the game it seems.

1 minute ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi yarmooh, after investigating it seems that once the fixtures haven't been created the file is seemingly unfixable. I'm afraid the only way to guarantee the Polish leagues not breaking is to go to start again (or if you have a save game from before the season updated in Poland) and not add any more leagues to the game it seems.

Just in case for the future - could it help, if the country is turned off for one year, and then added again? Or the problem will appear again and again in a such case?

Posted (edited)

Few changes and tweaks for the FM20 - 

• Polish FA - from 1st July 2019 clubs in Ekstraklasa and Polish Cup there must be at least 1 u-22 player (not u-21, changed in late January). In I Liga, II Liga and III Liga rules stay the same (u-21).

https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/federacja/zmiana-uchwaly-pzpn-w-sprawie-zawodnikow-mlodziezowych1

• From season 20/21 the clubs in I Liga are required to have undersoil heating

https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/federacja/zmiany-warunkow-licencyjnych-dla-klubow-ekstraklasy-oraz-i-ligi1

• Pro Junior System money is changed. The money from Ekstraklasa to III Liga is like this (From 18/19 season):

Ekstraklasa

1st - 1 600 000 PLN

2nd - 1 100 000 PLN

3rd - 800 000 PLN

4th - 500 000 PLN

I Liga

1st -  1 600 000 PLN

2nd - 1 300 000 PLN

3rd - 1 100 000 PLN

4th - 800 000 PLN

5th - 600 000 PLN

6th - 400 000 PLN

7th - 200 000 PLN

II Liga

1st - 1 100 000 PLN

2nd - 800 000 PLN

3rd - 700 000 PLN

4th - 500 000 PLN

5th - 400 000 PLN

6th - 300 000 PLN

7th - 200 000 PLN

III Liga (1mln zl for each of four divisions)

1st - 400 000 PLN

2nd - 300 000 PLN

3rd - 200 000 PLN

4th - 100 000 PLN

Changes to CLJ (Main youth league). Because there's only one youth polish system in game (CLJ-18) I'll focus on that one

• There are no more 8 voivodeship divisions beneath the highest division, instead there are 4 divisions (the same voivodeships split like in III Liga), contains 8 teams, they play each other twice. The winner of each division is promoted to CLJ-18.
  • I don't know if it can be reproduced but CLJ-18 is u-18 league but those 4 leagues beneath - are u-19. Weird but that's how it is in real life. 
  • CLJ-18 allows no more than 4 u-19 in playing eleven.
Edited by Bigpole

few other things for CLJ-18

• no more than 2 non-eu players in playing eleven
  • 4 out of 7 subs
  • if at least one player is called-up for national team - match can be rescheduled
  • teams from places 13-16 are automatically relegated (to their respective macro-regional groups.)

prize money

1st - 200 000 PLN

2nd - 100 000 PLN

3rd - 50 000 PLN

Rules for 4, u-19 macro-regional leagues beneath CLJ-18

• 4 group winners automatically promoted to CLJ-18
  • no more than 2 non-eu players in playing eleven
  • 7 out of 7 subs
  • if at least one player is called-up for national team - match can be rescheduled

Posted (edited)

I have a bug with a reserve team at Legia Warsaw(added II, III liga from Poland). When i move the player to the reserves and later bring him back to the 1st team, another section with the performances is created(2 sections with a first team, one below and one above section with performances from reserves) and it is not known for what reasons performances from the reserves go to the first team.

Bez tytułu.png

Edited by Evix

Hey @Evix - can you upload the save game to the cloud? I've had a go at trying to repeat this with Legia and friendly fixtures for the reserves, and it didn't repeat. Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Added, name "Legia Warszawa.fm".

btw. I have mod from Bigpole(with added II, III liga from Poland). In normal version with only Ekstraklasa and I liga this bug dont work but its not first time with this bug with added pl leagues.

Edited by Evix

And one more thing - Since Pro junior system (squad reward for playing time of u21's) is based on ranking - maybe some kind of current ranking could be implemented? Even on official Polish FA site there's such ranking and it's kind of 'inconvenient' just guessing and hoping that I've used enough youngsters to get bigger award.

On 15/04/2019 at 19:48, Bigpole said:

And one more thing - Since Pro junior system (squad reward for playing time of u21's) is based on ranking - maybe some kind of current ranking could be implemented? Even on official Polish FA site there's such ranking and it's kind of 'inconvenient' just guessing and hoping that I've used enough youngsters to get bigger award.

I agree, looking at the rules files there's something similar in place in Belarus and Turkey which also doesn't inform the user of the rankings until the season is over. I've put in a feature request to have a separate table selectable somewhere showing the progress of any separate ranking table used to determine financial rewards in this sort of scenario.

On 25/03/2019 at 14:55, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for the 19.1.0 save as well. It seems (according to our coding team) that adding/removing leagues may have caused this by way of some obscure knock on, so they're investigating that further.

Time flies, careers are still breaking...

On 18/04/2019 at 12:57, Freddie Sands said:

I agree, looking at the rules files there's something similar in place in Belarus and Turkey which also doesn't inform the user of the rankings until the season is over. I've put in a feature request to have a separate table selectable somewhere showing the progress of any separate ranking table used to determine financial rewards in this sort of scenario.

And few more things for Pro Junior System (I haven't noticed if they are implemented):

- Player's score is counted if he plays at least 270 minutes and 5 matches

- teams that are relegated ARE NOT INCLUDED IN FINAL RANKING

- playoff matches DOES NOT COUNT

Multipliers 

minutes played x 1 - every minute played by ANY POLISH U21 player (other than the club grown of course) in Ekstraklasa, I Liga, II Liga, III Liga and U21/U20/U19/U17 youth nation team

minutes played x 2 - every minute played by HOMEGROWN CLUB PLAYER IN Ekstraklasa, I Liga, II Liga, III Liga and U21/U20/U19/U17 youth nation team

minutes played x 3 - every minute played by ANY POLISH U21 player (other than the club grown of course) in MAIN NATIONAL TEAM

minutes played x 4 - every minute played by HOMEGROWN CLUB PLAYER in MAIN NATIONAL TEAM

And if there's a tournament where u21 players are playing (doesn't matter if tournament is for seniors or youth) - minutes played counts for next season (for example these u20 world cup 'minutes' will count for 19/20 season.)

I don't know how many of these points will be implemented but I hope all of these.

Posted (edited)

Is there any work in progress due to the fact that polish Ekstraklasa can jam for a season when using in-game mechanics?

Edit 04.06: looks like it's finally fixed, thanks a lot :thup:

Edited by Ceyvol