Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

4 минуты назад, Mardels сказал:

It is because Qatar World Cup :(

Seriously? Thank you, then I will finish the game and check it out.

9 hours ago, lightningdrifter said:

First in the Europa League Final it allows 12 substitutes.

That's correct. That's in the regulations, teams in the final can name 12 subs. All other rounds have 7 subs named.

4 hours ago, Blue Lou said:

That's correct. That's in the regulations, teams in the final can name 12 subs. All other rounds have 7 subs named.

Ohh didn't know that. Thanks! 

On 24/10/2018 at 13:23, Joe Dadomo said:

As shown, myself (Liverpool) and PSG are on the same points total but I have a greater goal difference. However it has placed me in 2nd place.

In Europe the first tiebreaker is head to head matches

I won Carabao Cup in the first season with Everton, and sat 8th in Premier League, but I didn't qualify for Euro Cup in the following season, I'm not in european competition at all.

20181026235801_1.jpg

20181026235823_1.jpg

20181026235855_1.jpg

On 24/10/2018 at 11:06, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is intentional as we've had to alter some fixture formats in the 2022/23 season to accomodate the 2022 World Cup.

I know this isn't the right place to ask this, but what will happen if I use the editor to create my own league structure? Will it adapt to the 2022 World Cup by itself? 

A postponed EPL match was placed on the Tuesday before a Europa League match. I think the game originally was supposed to be played on a day that crashed with a FA Cup game

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 18.34.03.png

On 25/10/2018 at 15:18, ole-sav said:

Why does Lokomotiv Moscow with 22.5 points in UEFA table is in 1st seed group amongst Real Madrid and Man Utd who have got 160+ points?

This happens 2nd year in a row, fm18 and now fm19

As Mardels has stated, this is because the champions of the top ranked leagues are automatically put in pot 1.

I am playing with Ajax. In January Man City asked one of my players (Victor Jensen) for doing a one week trail, which I accepted. No actual transfer happened in the transfer window. When I should registrate players for Champions League play-off matches (February 2nd, 2019), he was no longer registrated as a "U21 player". He's still under 21 (DOB: 8/2/2000). Is it a bug or is it right that a trail will reset the 2 years at club rule for u21 players for registrate players for Champions League

Edited by Oberst

On 26/10/2018 at 17:03, Dododad said:

I won Carabao Cup in the first season with Everton, and sat 8th in Premier League, but I didn't qualify for Euro Cup in the following season, I'm not in european competition at all.

Hi there, could you upload this save game to our cloud service please (ideally if you could find a save just before the first season ended that would be perfect)? Thanks

On 30/10/2018 at 19:02, Oberst said:

I am playing with Ajax. In January Man City asked one of my players (Victor Jensen) for doing a one week trail, which I accepted. No actual transfer happened in the transfer window. When I should registrate players for Champions League play-off matches (February 2nd, 2019), he was no longer registrated as a "U21 player". He's still under 21 (DOB: 8/2/2000). Is it a bug or is it right that a trail will reset the 2 years at club rule for u21 players for registrate players for Champions League

Sounds like a bug, could you upload a save from when Jensen was on trial at Man City if possible and we'll investigate this. Thanks

So im in 2022-2023 season in the Belgium league, competing in EURO cup. and for the first & second knockout rounds I only had 1 leg?

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 10.13.07 am.png

9 hours ago, lemoncake51 said:

So im in 2022-2023 season in the Belgium league, competing in EURO cup. and for the first & second knockout rounds I only had 1 leg?

As you can see earlier in the thread, it's due to the World Cup being played in Qatar.

I cant' select some homegrown youth players for my Europa league Squad ( KRC GENK Belgium), when selected some Belgian homegrown players, others went unselectable, although the max. of 25 wasn't reached. I only can select 7 out 8 ( try Bryan Heynen)

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but in my save I’ve noticed Celtic are involved in the UEFA Youth League (U19 Champions Cup) but Hamilton are not? This doesn’t seem accurate or am I misunderstanding something? 

16 hours ago, Adebeaut said:

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but in my save I’ve noticed Celtic are involved in the UEFA Youth League (U19 Champions Cup) but Hamilton are not? This doesn’t seem accurate or am I misunderstanding something? 

Hamilton qualified via winning U17 league, which is not in game and there is not any other youth league in game I think so it must put the best team?

Maybe Celtic could too qualify to CL Group Stage in your game, which path they play in?

Edited by Mardels

5 hours ago, Mardels said:

Hamilton qualified via winning U17 league, which is not in game and there is not any other youth league in game I think so it must put the best team?

Maybe Celtic could too qualify to CL Group Stage in your game, which path they play in?

Thanks for the reply. 

I understand in regards to the u17 league not being in the database. A new u18 elite league is now in place and is in game, would the winners of this league qualify for the domestic champions path? 

Yes celtic are in Champions league path group. From my understanding they are there from the first team also qualifying for the group stages of the CL. 

On 02/11/2018 at 19:02, CVFerdinand said:

AGAIN:

Liechtenstein under 18 in Europa League? ... 

Hi, this is an issue we are aware of and currently investigating. Thanks for raising this.

On 05/11/2018 at 16:13, Boiske said:

I cant' select some homegrown youth players for my Europa league Squad ( KRC GENK Belgium), when selected some Belgian homegrown players, others went unselectable, although the max. of 25 wasn't reached. I only can select 7 out 8 ( try Bryan Heynen)

Hi there, could you upload a save game with this problem to our cloud service please? Thanks

On 21/10/2018 at 19:28, qwertygod said:

Im seeing some strange fixtures here.

Vadus won the Liechtenstein cup and should qualify due to that however Liechtenstein u18s appear to qualify?

998c1ce68c05adb3dac217604afc9653.png

Are you sure their U18 didn't won it?Because they participate too,,

25 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is an issue we are aware of and currently investigating. Thanks for raising this.

On 02/11/2018 at 21:02, CVFerdinand said:

AGAIN:

Liechtenstein under 18 in Europa League? ... 

liec.png

They are Vaduz's U18 squad who participate at Liechtensteiner cup(because liechtenstein has only 7 teams they allow their U21 and U18 participate)If they have won it thats the reason they are in EL..

18 horas atrás, Sheriff7 disse:

They are Vaduz's U18 squad who participate at Liechtensteiner cup(because liechtenstein has only 7 teams they allow their U21 and U18 participate)If they have won it thats the reason they are in EL..

I Know I Know is Vaduz u18 team but...in the cup that decides who will represent the liechtenstein in europa league not appear any Vaduz under18 our liechtenstein under18 :) 
look: https://pt.soccerway.com/national/liechtenstein/fl1-active-cup/20172018/1st-preliminary-round/r41839/
our https://web.archive.org/web/20110525215824/http://www.lfv.li/liechtensteiner-cup/senioren-cup.html
our https://www.lfv.li/nationalewettbewerbe/aktiv-cup/spielplan-20182019/

Edited by CVFerdinand

30 minutes ago, CVFerdinand said:

I Know I Know is Vaduz u18 team but...in the cup that decides who will represent the liechtenstein in europa league not appear any Vaduz under18 our liechtenstein under18 :) 
look: https://pt.soccerway.com/national/liechtenstein/fl1-active-cup/20172018/1st-preliminary-round/r41839/
our https://web.archive.org/web/20110525215824/http://www.lfv.li/liechtensteiner-cup/senioren-cup.html
our https://www.lfv.li/nationalewettbewerbe/aktiv-cup/spielplan-20182019/

Look. At Liechtensteiner cup play many B or C!  teams who can't be appeared in game because they don't exist there and that's the reason (I believe) they use Vaduz's U18 team. If you want my opinion it should be almost impossible for them to win it (as it was in every Fm until now).. In my saves in past versions too many times i played in final against my U21 or my U18.. 

Edited by Sheriff7

2 horas atrás, Sheriff7 disse:

Look. At Liechtensteiner cup play many B or C!  teams who can't be appeared in game because they don't exist there and that's the reason (I believe) they use Vaduz's U18 team. If you want my opinion it should be almost impossible for them to win it (as it was in every Fm until now).. In my saves in past versions too many times i played in final against my U21 or my U18.. 

yes yes play manyB ou C teams but never play under18 teams in this cup.  liechtensteiner under18 play in under18 Switzerland league. its real and liechtensteiner under18 can never play in Europa League...

Is it ok when firstly a team plays in the qualification of Champions League, and after leaving to Europe League, they play against the same opponent? They both lost, but anyway I have never seen the thing in real life.

image.thumb.png.c0059d1122a4eb0eca70f171a907c71f.png

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:31, Sheriff7 said:

Are you sure their U18 didn't won it?Because they participate too,,

Yes I am sure , I checked and that's why I wrote that Vaduz won the cup. Hopefully the issue is sorted now.

The pots for the UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifiers are wrong.

The teams will be seeded according to the UEFA Nations League overall rankings. So, in Pot 1 there will be 1st, 2nd and the 2 best 3rd placed of Division A.

In my game, the 2 best 3rd placed should be Poland (2pts) and Croatia (1pt, -3 GD), and thus they should go in Pot 1. Netherlands and Iceland should fall into Pot 2.

But in the EURO Qualifiers groups, it looks like Netherlands is in Pot 1 (since no one else from Pot 1 is present in Group B), and Poland in Pot 2 (since it is together with Switzerland which is in Pot 1 as 2nd placed in the Nations League). 

image.thumb.png.7efaf1da43734ae10e6e8711fab12a6f.pngimage.thumb.png.d9e4c03a6672078affa95bfa714ac87e.pngimage.png.5a70cd34fbe7e1061e500d3230bcb462.png

Just got confirmation I have made it to the knockout stages (News) and it says on the table that I have qualified. I have +11 goal difference on RB Salzburg before the last match, but its still possible for RB. Either I am not spotting something obv, or its a bug :) 

bug fm.png

7 hours ago, Simenthom said:

Just got confirmation I have made it to the knockout stages (News) and it says on the table that I have qualified. I have +11 goal difference on RB Salzburg before the last match, but its still possible for RB. Either I am not spotting something obv, or its a bug :)

bug fm.png

It's head to head before goal difference. Check the rules section of the competition.

Em 09/11/2018 em 16:05, bsanchezb disse:

Is it ok when firstly a team plays in the qualification of Champions League, and after leaving to Europe League, they play against the same opponent? They both lost, but anyway I have never seen the thing in real life.

image.thumb.png.c0059d1122a4eb0eca70f171a907c71f.png

Is it ok @bsanchezb ;) 

On 09/11/2018 at 22:18, massa88 said:

The pots for the UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifiers are wrong.

The teams will be seeded according to the UEFA Nations League overall rankings. So, in Pot 1 there will be 1st, 2nd and the 2 best 3rd placed of Division A.

In my game, the 2 best 3rd placed should be Poland (2pts) and Croatia (1pt, -3 GD), and thus they should go in Pot 1. Netherlands and Iceland should fall into Pot 2.

But in the EURO Qualifiers groups, it looks like Netherlands is in Pot 1 (since no one else from Pot 1 is present in Group B), and Poland in Pot 2 (since it is together with Switzerland which is in Pot 1 as 2nd placed in the Nations League). 

Good spot massa, I've logged a bug for this issue with this information. Thanks

@Freddie Sands Thanks for the answer.

I have now checked thoroughly also the other Nations League divisions and I've spotted another mistake.

Albania and Norway finished 2nd in their Division C group. Albania with 8 points in 4 matches, Norway with 12 points in 6 matches. In the overall ranking the matches with the 4th placed team should be excluded, so Norway would have only 6 points in 4 matches in the overall ranking (they won twice against the 4th placed). Therefore, Norway should be in Pot 4 (as 31st in the overall ranking) behind Albania in Pot 3 (29th in the overall ranking). But in the EURO Qualifiers, Albania is together with another Pot 3 team (a winner of Division C), and Norway is together with another Pot 4 team (a 4th placed in Division C). It is like their place in the overall ranking got swapped, as in the previous case with Poland and the Netherlands.

Another issue regarding the EURO qualifiers is the "winter venues" criterion, which says: "A maximum of two teams identified as venues with high or medium risk of severe winter conditions will be placed in each group: Belarus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Ukraine." In my game, I have Norway, Lithuania and Latvia all in the same group. 

There doesn't seem to be any play-offs for the leagues below the A league in the UEFA Nations League. My save is only coming to the end of season one (although my beta save which ran for 4 or 5 years was the exact same), but the Nations league rules don't state that the top teams from Leagues B, C and D qualify for play-offs in march 2020 to decide Euro 2020 qualifiers, only that the get promoted to the League above.

UEFA Nations League A Rules.jpg

UEFA Nations League B Rules.jpg

UEFA Nations League C Rules.jpg

UEFA Nations League D Rules.jpg

I originally posted below in the general discussion forum and it was suggested to post in bugs. I think this is the right place to report this? In addition to my post below, I also passed all FFP regulations. I either have my current save file I could send or I have a back up file from June 2022 before the season restarts. Please advise? 

Thanks

So, the season is 2021/22. Plymouth Argyle win the Carabao cup and are told they have qualified for the Euro Cup. 

Season 2022/23. No Euro Cup entry for Plymouth Argyle.

Other additional info:
2021/22: Man Utd win the league, Man City win the Champions League and finish 2nd. 3rd-6th is Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs. Liverpool win the FA cup. Southampton win the Euro Cup but also get relegated.
2022/23: English Champions League entrants: Man City, Liverpool, Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd. English Euro Cup entrants: Chelsea, Spurs

Can anyone explain why or is this a bug and I should report it? 

Additional to above. I reloaded the previous save and this is the end of year review

image.thumb.png.0593f681e2d5fea1a92f7a4b13c68556.png

So, even though I won the Carabao Cup and was told I had qualified, I don't appear in the qualifiers! Would the Carabao Cup winners not take priority over 6th place if there were too many English teams qualified through winning the European Competitions, etc? 

I don’t no if this is a bug or not but in previous versions of fm you would get the odds of winning the champions league and top goal scorer odds but it isn’t in this years version 

On 18/11/2018 at 20:26, sellwin90 said:

I originally posted below in the general discussion forum and it was suggested to post in bugs. I think this is the right place to report this? In addition to my post below, I also passed all FFP regulations. I either have my current save file I could send or I have a back up file from June 2022 before the season restarts. Please advise? 

Thanks

So, the season is 2021/22. Plymouth Argyle win the Carabao cup and are told they have qualified for the Euro Cup. 

Season 2022/23. No Euro Cup entry for Plymouth Argyle.

Other additional info:
2021/22: Man Utd win the league, Man City win the Champions League and finish 2nd. 3rd-6th is Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs. Liverpool win the FA cup. Southampton win the Euro Cup but also get relegated.
2022/23: English Champions League entrants: Man City, Liverpool, Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd. English Euro Cup entrants: Chelsea, Spurs

Can anyone explain why or is this a bug and I should report it? 

Hi, this is a known bug which is currently under review. The Carabao Cup winner should be qualifying for Europe but doesn't when the Euro Cup winner is an English team outside the Champions League qualification places.

On 18/11/2018 at 16:40, Smoo said:

There doesn't seem to be any play-offs for the leagues below the A league in the UEFA Nations League. My save is only coming to the end of season one (although my beta save which ran for 4 or 5 years was the exact same), but the Nations league rules don't state that the top teams from Leagues B, C and D qualify for play-offs in march 2020 to decide Euro 2020 qualifiers, only that the get promoted to the League above.

Hi Smoo, the qualification rules for the European Championship Playoffs don't display on the rules screen for the Nations League intentionally so as not to be confused with the rules for promotion/relegation which do display there. The playoffs should schedule correctly when the time comes for the draw.

Hi, don't know if this is the correct place or where should I post this, so I'm posting it here. @Freddie Sands @Neil Brock

I saw someone playing in Kosovo in the Career subforum and it inspired me a save idea for there too, but as I read his story, apparently Kosovo can't have more than one spot for the Champions League and Europa League no matter how well the nation/league develops over time. 

Someone mentioned it as some sort of UEFA policy where new members must go through a "provisional phase" for some seasons and only get more spots later.

Is this true? Is Kosovo in FM19 hard coded to only have one spot for the European tournaments no matter how much you develop the nation? Or is it dynamic and say, in 2021 or 2022 it wil get extra spots when it's supposed to?

If not, can you just please make Kosovo have spots like the other nations for player enjoyability? It's not like the AI will do anything crazy with the nation, but as a player it would be frustrating to forever have only one spot for Europe no matter how well you develop them or have to wait until something like Football Manager 2021 to play in Kosovo.

Can you please confirm how's Kosovo in the game regarding this?

Edited by Lanko

On 21/11/2018 at 22:04, Lanko said:

Hi, don't know if this is the correct place or where should I post this, so I'm posting it here. @Freddie Sands @Neil Brock

I saw someone playing in Kosovo in the Career subforum and it inspired me a save idea for there too, but as I read his story, apparently Kosovo can't have more than one spot for the Champions League and Europa League no matter how well the nation/league develops over time. 

Someone mentioned it as some sort of UEFA policy where new members must go through a "provisional phase" for some seasons and only get more spots later.

Is this true? Is Kosovo in FM19 hard coded to only have one spot for the European tournaments no matter how much you develop the nation? Or is it dynamic and say, in 2021 or 2022 it wil get extra spots when it's supposed to?

If not, can you just please make Kosovo have spots like the other nations for player enjoyability? It's not like the AI will do anything crazy with the nation, but as a player it would be frustrating to forever have only one spot for Europe no matter how well you develop them or have to wait until something like Football Manager 2021 to play in Kosovo.

Can you please confirm how's Kosovo in the game regarding this?

Hiya, responded in the other thread but Kosovo should work the same as other European nations in terms of gaining places for European competitions if their clubs perform well. Have just checked this in the Editor quickly and it seeems to be working correctly.

So unfortunately, after the new patch (19.2) Donnarumma, plizzari and Cutrone are labeled as "unregistered" for the upcoming Champions League fixture whereas before the patch I didn't need to register them  as they were considered as "u21".

The rules (in FM) state that players of the age of 20 or younger on 01/01/2019 who have been at the club for 2 years do not have to be registered.

This is the case for all 3 players (Donnarumma turned 20 on 25/02/2019; Plizzari turned 19 on 12/03/2019 and Cutrone turned 21 on 03/01/2019). Therefore, all players had the age of 20 or younger on 01/01/2019.

Now, I can't select a goalkeeper so I get these grey 16 year olds to use. Fun....

aa0ec1ead64efff6e6fd4c5bfeb1b126.png

As you can see, I will face AC Milan again after the next Bundesliga game. The draw were in the 19.2.0 update. I don't know the right place to post this, but in the League Issue Topic I cant post it, don't know why.

fmm.png

So I downloaded the patch during the Europa League campaign in season 1. My U20 are now unavailable for games

1631813568_2018-12-1120_23_49-FootballManager2019.thumb.png.736fea1a98c405a164ac450d5432a431.png1205442955_2018-12-1120_24_28-FootballManager2019.thumb.png.68b95ee4d35917565ecdef761be7c2e8.png

17 hours ago, Makalele said:

So unfortunately, after the new patch (19.2) Donnarumma, plizzari and Cutrone are labeled as "unregistered" for the upcoming Champions League fixture whereas before the patch I didn't need to register them  as they were considered as "u21".

The rules (in FM) state that players of the age of 20 or younger on 01/01/2019 who have been at the club for 2 years do not have to be registered.

This is the case for all 3 players (Donnarumma turned 20 on 25/02/2019; Plizzari turned 19 on 12/03/2019 and Cutrone turned 21 on 03/01/2019). Therefore, all players had the age of 20 or younger on 01/01/2019.

Now, I can't select a goalkeeper so I get these grey 16 year olds to use. Fun....

16 hours ago, Trevomac said:

So I downloaded the patch during the Europa League campaign in season 1. My U20 are now unavailable for games

Hi there, this is an issue we're aware of that has crept into saves with Italian clubs in European competitions. The rule allowing U21 players to not be registered but play in European competitions is specifically not working for Italian clubs. We're currently investigating this with priority.

15 hours ago, Trevomac said:

Save game now uploaded. Name is TrevomacEuropaLeagueBug

Thank you for the save game, we are reproducing the issue internally and have passed it onto our coders.

Today I loaded my save game that I didn't play for about two weeks. I played one league game and a Champions League game was next. I was surprised to see that some of my players are displayed as unregistered (attached screenshot). All of them match the criteria od being 20 years old (or younger) on 1/1/2019 that I see in the registration rules for CL. They were all available in 3 CL matches already, with Donnarumma playing in all of those 3 matches.

I've uploaded my save game using the SI Cloud Service named "Adam backup.fm".

CL Unregistered.png

So  I was about to play my 5th match in EuroCup with milan (1st season) when it suddenly showed Donnaruma and Cutrone as UNR although they both meet the criteria and they have played 2 and 4 matches respectively in this competition...    

image.png

image.png

image.png