Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Recommended Posts

So my Ipswich team finished 7th and I got a message saying I had qualified for the Euro cup.

since then nothing so I checked and it didn’t look like I have a place. Liverpool (6th) Arsenal (5th) and West Ham (Carabo) have one but not me. 

Seems strange considering I get a message saying I was in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

So my Ipswich team finished 7th and I got a message saying I had qualified for the Euro cup.

since then nothing so I checked and it didn’t look like I have a place. Liverpool (6th) Arsenal (5th) and West Ham (Carabo) have one but not me. 

Seems strange considering I get a message saying I was in 

Thanks for this - Can you upload a save before this message has appeared here? Many thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - Can you upload a save before this message has appeared here? Many thanks. 

 

Hi, unfortunately all I have is one half way through pre season the following season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

Hi, unfortunately all I have is one half way through pre season the following season.

I have just uploaded to the SI Cloud. Called it 'PreS', not sure it helps.

Edited by Myleskenlock87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time you see the message appear, save it and upload it on the cloud. Many thanks. I'll keep trying to make the wrong message appear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Next time you see the message appear, save it and upload it on the cloud. Many thanks. I'll keep trying to make the wrong message appear. 

Thanks, it has appeared since the start of pre season so unlikely I will get it again.

afrer the season I had the ‘Ipswich qualify for Euro Cup’ every other day which I thought was odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

afrer the season I had the ‘Ipswich qualify for Euro Cup’ every other day which I thought was od

Now that is very odd indeed. I'll use the save you provided to see if it happens to me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that the team that gets relegated from League 2 in the 2018/19 season gets entered into the Scottish Challenge Cup? Bit odd! I dont have a save game before it happened but heres a screen shot of the comps i am in plus the 2nd round draw that has Crewe and Tranmere.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.05.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.49.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, djhagster said:

I have noticed that the team that gets relegated from League 2 in the 2018/19 season gets entered into the Scottish Challenge Cup? Bit odd! I dont have a save game before it happened but heres a screen shot of the comps i am in plus the 2nd round draw that has Crewe and Tranmere.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.05.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.49.png

In real life this season, 2 Conference National clubs entered the Scottish Challenge Cup. I assume they invite the relegated clubs first, and then go down last season's Conference league table - Sutton United and Boreham Wood entered at the Second Round stage. Clubs from Northern Ireland, Wales and the Irish Republic also entered.

It's not a bug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Second_round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty Walds said:

In real life this season, 2 Conference National clubs entered the Scottish Challenge Cup. I assume they invite the relegated clubs first, and then go down last season's Conference league table - Sutton United and Boreham Wood entered at the Second Round stage. Clubs from Northern Ireland, Wales and the Irish Republic also entered.

It's not a bug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Second_round

Fair enough! Everyday is a school day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2019 at 21:57, lbowman66 said:

Apologies if this isn’t the correct thread,  Saw this article tonight in relation to FA prize fund.

 

Would be nice to add in game the extra £250k per league.

 

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/jan/25/efl-clubs-fa-cup-progress-prize-fund-250119

We would definitely look at adding this at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 13:01, Christopher Lewis said:

We would definitely look at adding this at some point. 

Thanks - I guess it would be fairly simple to add?

I would appreciate you letting me know when/if this gets added!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lbowman66 said:

Thanks - I guess it would be fairly simple to add?

I would appreciate you letting me know when/if this gets added!

I don't know honestly. Might be slightly more complex given how the money gets split if 2 teams from the same division make the same round. I don't know if it'll be in for FM19, but we'll try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right section but check the dates that starts and end this season. it happened on my 5th season

start.jpg

end.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also World Cup starts at November! Anyone else had this problem? will  be fixed in the next season?

20190204183851_1.thumb.jpg.7e6a19dd4a15c4ea74d6eb9d01376ae8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The World Cup in 2022 DOES start in November... what you are seeing is entirely correct.

Edited by Scotty Walds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, efesta7 said:

Oh thanks, had no idea ! why is that?

Because somebody decided hosting it in Qatar in high Summer was a really good idea.

Then, having realised that the extremely high temperatures means it is, in fact, a really stupid idea, it was rescheduled to November/December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, efesta7 said:

Oh thanks, had no idea ! why is that?

Like said above, they realised playing a summer competition in Qatar was dangerous so had to move it to the winter. It has the knock-on effect of changing the league start and end dates, as well as forcing a 7-8 week stop in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something really weird happened in my save. I have the normal premier league squad registration rules in the first image. In the second image, however, those rules changed dramatically. The most notable was the decrease of minimum squad size from 15 players to only 1. Now every team in the league transfer listed their players and that just absolutely kills the game. Mind you, this spanned only 3 in-game hours. It took just 3 hours on the same day to change the registration rules. I have no idea how the rules could be changed like that in a save.

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's incredibly weird. I don't think I've seen that before. Do you have a save before the Squad limit appears reduces to 1 player? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I've been having a similar issue to some others whereby I finished in 6th in the Premier League, but haven't qualified for the Euro Cup. I also got the same message saying I had qualified about 6/7 times at the end of last season. 

I have attached a screenshot of the league placings from the end of the season if that helps, and have uploaded my oldest save, called Lewis Cooper - Swansea V3 (which unfortunately still seems to be bugged)

20190224155027_1.jpg

Edited by lcooper90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lcooper90 said:

Hi

I've been having a similar issue to some others whereby I finished in 6th in the Premier League, but haven't qualified for the Euro Cup. I also got the same message saying I had qualified about 6/7 times at the end of last season. 

I have attached a screenshot of the league placings from the end of the season if that helps, and have uploaded my oldest save, called Lewis Cooper - Swansea V3 (which unfortunately still seems to be bugged)

20190224155027_1.jpg

Happened to me once too no idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have found an issue with the rules in cup competitions.

I am managing Man Utd, 1st season Paul Pogba picks up a yellow card in the Semi-Final, his second booking in the competition and is banned for the final. In club cup competitions all bookings reset after the quarter final, meaning you can only be suspended for a final if you are sent off in the semi. The rule is as follows:-

“For the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, the accumulation of yellow cards will be Competition specific. This will operate similar to the Champions League and Europa League, where a player accumulates 2 yellow cards in the competition will miss the next game in that competition.

“The caution count will only apply up to and including the Quarter Finals for each competition.

"It should be noted this regulation is for cautions only and dismissals remain unaffected.”

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2019 at 22:14, neilh79 said:

So I have found an issue with the rules in cup competitions.

I am managing Man Utd, 1st season Paul Pogba picks up a yellow card in the Semi-Final, his second booking in the competition and is banned for the final. In club cup competitions all bookings reset after the quarter final, meaning you can only be suspended for a final if you are sent off in the semi. The rule is as follows:-

“For the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, the accumulation of yellow cards will be Competition specific. This will operate similar to the Champions League and Europa League, where a player accumulates 2 yellow cards in the competition will miss the next game in that competition.

“The caution count will only apply up to and including the Quarter Finals for each competition.

"It should be noted this regulation is for cautions only and dismissals remain unaffected.”

Hi Neil, thanks for this information. I've logged this as a bug internally for our coders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2022 schedule is all over the place.

WIth the world cup the start date was moved backed to the 23rd of July however as I reached the CL final that wasnt played until 28th May. The squad wasnt offered the chance of a rest and just went stright through to preseason on starting the end of June. Fixtures are all over the place, 2/3 games in a quick sucession and games during international breaks.

The super cup was played during the European Leage dates so my under 18's had to line out. Between the 1st of October and 1st of Novemeber I have 11 fixtures in the Prem & CL. No idea what will happen with the club world cub although I imagine it will fall during the World Cup.

 

Currently have two of my starting lineup on under 21 duty while Prem matches are taking place.

 

Carling Cup games are also taking place on weekends, and Cl schedule has changed to play the same team twice in a row

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

My 2022 schedule is all over the place.

WIth the world cup the start date was moved backed to the 23rd of July however as I reached the CL final that wasnt played until 28th May. The squad wasnt offered the chance of a rest and just went stright through to preseason on starting the end of June. Fixtures are all over the place, 2/3 games in a quick sucession and games during international breaks.

The super cup was played during the European Leage dates so my under 18's had to line out. Between the 1st of October and 1st of Novemeber I have 11 fixtures in the Prem & CL. No idea what will happen with the club world cub although I imagine it will fall during the World Cup.

 

Currently have two of my starting lineup on under 21 duty while Prem matches are taking place.

 

Carling Cup games are also taking place on weekends, and Cl schedule has changed to play the same team twice in a row

 

Hi there. Do you have a save game from before the CL final per chance? As far as I'm aware that length of time should be long enough for a break.

The super cup taking place during international dates is a known issue that should be resolved in newly created save games now. As well as this the first two CL group fixtures is another known issue that is fixed on newer save games.

The fixtures are intended to be very cramped in this period for teams in continental competitions as there isn't much space to manoeuvre fixtures around the World Cup. Some Carabao Cup games are moved to the weekends for continental teams due to the already packed schedule also. The Club World Cup will not take place in 2022 in game due to the heavy schedule as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @dodds169 - Do you have a save game I could take a look at? I think it's a Brexit scenario where players in the nation at the time of Brexit get to be classed as Trained in Nation. When did you sign Tierney? Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - uploaded "last save overwrite backup"

You may be right. new signings don't have that status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks - I think one of the new rules when you get this certain Brexit scenario is the existing players in the country don't count against the foreign player limits in squads, and I think that is what has happened here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My U23's won the English Premier Division 2 playoffs, with Man Utd U23's winning the league.

Man Utd got promoted to Division 1, whereas it appears my team seem to have been relegated to Division 3 North. Am I missing something here? Is there specific rules to be in the top 2 divisions?

933595521_LastSeason.thumb.png.c9858bc3d356096b64055e1194502995.png1374658173_ThisSeason.thumb.png.88537020083ca9b9414ff5d98379b028.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just completed 20/21 and finished top in Premier League - unbeaten, 100 Points scoring 89 and conceding just 2.

Man City Second with 83 points.

Looking at detailed player stats:

Average Rating - Chelsea players filled 5 of the top 6 spots with 1 Man City player featuring at 5th. Non of Chelea players in Team of Year, Man City Player is

Player of Match - Chelsea player 1st and 2 others in top ten - non in team of year

image.thumb.png.1e00ba7a1ac3a89dd24831ea78a49bd9.png

image.thumb.png.df9d938a557dda4cb2da2a27fdc2d6f5.png

However, Premier League team of the year includes 1 Chelsea player and 8 from Man City!

image.thumb.png.40c173cfee69410a2f2141daf58fe0bf.png

 

How on earth does that work?

Goalkeeper - Kepa - no real argument here as only 2 goals conceded all season and team had 36 clean sheets

DL -Grimaldo Man City...really - 28 Appearances, 2 goals, 4 assists, 1 PoM and average rating 7.35. Surely Emerson 20 App, 4 goals, 2 ass, 8 PoM and 7.68 ave rating more logical!

DC Skriniar and Lengelet of Man City......what about de Ligt....

DR Danilo Man City 25 App, 0 Gls, 4 Ass, 2 PoM, 7.23 ave..surely Vagnoman 22 Apps, 4 Gls, 7 Ass, 2 PoM and top ave rating in PL of 7.68 more logical......

Non of the 5 Chelsea players with best ave ratings in Premier League feature at all...

Seems unbemievably biase. Do Man City select the team of the year??

Surely a bug, somewhere....

Save game PLTeamofYear uploaded

I had intended to post this in League specific sub forum but unable to start topic in that sub forum - is that intended?

 

Edited by mhaffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2019 at 20:27, mhaffy said:

I had intended to post this in League specific sub forum but unable to start topic in that sub forum - is that intended?

 

Hi, this isn't a league specific issue, this is an awards issue.  Can you post this in a new topic on the "all other gameplay" forum so our tester in charge of awards can take a look?  Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 23/05/2019 at 15:46, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi, this isn't a league specific issue, this is an awards issue.  Can you post this in a new topic on the "all other gameplay" forum so our tester in charge of awards can take a look?  Cheers.

Thanks - duly posted to All Other Gameplay, as advised, 5 days ago but no response from awards team.

Edited by mhaffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please can you look at club fixtures during international break. In earlier reply on this thread i had to play a premier league game when 17 players were on international duty - no option to re-schedule fixture. i am now in the 21/22 season and just about to play Super Cup game and I will have 24 players on 1st team duty - ridiculous!

image.thumb.png.e06c16717481426c3a7418a461957b7b.png

image.thumb.png.896411302e81999f55e7878240514131.png

Even some of my U23 squad will be unavailable due to international call up

 

image.thumb.png.26cb1d55cad8514494bb4dcd48c54e0e.png

Really enjoying FM19 but important matches being scheduled during international breaks with most of your large 1st team squad being unavailable really does need looking at and fixing asap.

I have uploaded save game just before super Cup called SuperCupSept21

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2018 at 17:08, Matthew Harwood said:

Playing as Manchester United in my first season I won the Carabao Cup and finished 6th in the League however I have not qualified for the Europa League for some reason. I believe the winners of the Carabao Cup are meant to enter the Europa League qualifying at some point but this hasn't happened.

 

On 27/10/2018 at 16:43, Murcon17 said:

I won the League Cup with Cardiff and finished 10th in the League, but have not been put into a continental competition afterwards. The Wolves who finished 7th have been awarded a EL place however.

 

On 31/10/2018 at 09:11, Brutalyouth said:

3rd season in as derby. Won caribo cup in 2nd season yet entered 3rd season and I'm not in the euro cup even though I had news item say we were in the competition following winning in the final

 

On 02/11/2018 at 17:11, J1102Y said:

Had an issue where I qualified for the ' Euro Cup Group Stage ' by finishing in 6th place in the English Premier Division, However as the following season approached I noticed I had fixtures to play in the ' Euro Cup Qualifying Round 1/2/3 ' This should be the outcome of finishing in 7th place.

 

On 05/11/2018 at 11:16, Chris1ar said:

I have just won the Carabao Cup with Hull City, after which the game said I would enter the Europa League at the 2nd Qualifying Round.
Fast forward to the following pre season and I have not been entered in the Europe League and England only has 2 teams entered. 

 

On 08/11/2018 at 13:05, rovers1993 said:

I won the EFL cup with Blackburn but I am not in the europa league at all.

 

On 16/01/2019 at 19:45, Woody1994 said:

So 2 years in a row with Southampton I’ve finished 7th, both years received emails telling me I’ve qualified for the Euro Cup, paid all the transfer bonuses etc etc... then the next season not being in the Euro Cup. I know I shouldn’t be because of who won the league cup it’s just a bit of an annoying bug.

 

On 22/01/2019 at 21:20, Myleskenlock87 said:

So my Ipswich team finished 7th and I got a message saying I had qualified for the Euro cup.
since then nothing so I checked and it didn’t look like I have a place. Liverpool (6th) Arsenal (5th) and West Ham (Carabo) have one but not me. 
Seems strange considering I get a message saying I was in 

 

On 24/02/2019 at 16:19, lcooper90 said:

I've been having a similar issue to some others whereby I finished in 6th in the Premier League, but haven't qualified for the Euro Cup. I also got the same message saying I had qualified about 6/7 times at the end of last season.

I see all of these were reported before the final patch. Unfortunately, it's still happening.
We (Cardiff) finished 7th in our 3rd season and received this message:

20190525221149_1.thumb.jpg.f3d6072be5aa4cbbcf3c4f6a67043100.jpg

I only took the screenshot at the time because of the line about the Champions Cup which I thought was a bit daft. We were 3rd for just one game very early on in the season and were never really in with a shout of making it into the top 4. But anyway.

I guess I should have realised from the actual table that this Euro Cup qualification might not be true:

20190525221246_1.thumb.jpg.1321d49ff9a25a60425bf6df909f2e63.jpg

But this didn't occur to me at the time and, besides, a week later we had the end of season review, a day after Watford (15th) beat Leicester (13th) in the FA Cup final, and it once again said that we had "secured continental qualification."

20190525224414_1.thumb.jpg.a0a0de1910c66de6527ca2a3775d3cb5.jpg

We are well into the next season now and I kept checking my fixtures, etc., waiting to see who we'd get. It's only now that the group stages have started that I knew for certain there was some bug somewhere.
Liverpool, who finished 2nd, won the Carabao Cup if that helps.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:58, Freddie Sands said:

Thank you for this, I've figured out the problem with the Carabao Cup from this save. It seems that if the Euro Cup winner is from England and finished outside the top 4 then the Carabao Cup's Euro Cup spot will instead be allocated via league position. I've logged this to be investigated by our coders right away, thanks again.

Leipzig won the Euro Cup.

As it turns out, I do have a save from before these messages popped up. But it's from 2wks (3 games) earlier but if you want me to upload it, I can do, just let me know. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Christopher Lewis

Just uploaded it.
It's called "Cardiff Board confidence" but don't be confused by the name. I had saved it at the time as the board was telling me that the fans were really unhappy with my tactics and my 4-1-4-1 formation wasn't working, even though it had been 3 months since I'd used that and our results since had been great (but that's another issue).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I am not sure where to post this. 

I am playing in the Premier League currently, and my fixture list has United showing up against me in the league 3 times... in the same month too nonetheless. 

https://imgur.com/v0tbgKS

What gives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanarama North/South divide seems to be incorrect for some teams. I have Hemel Hempstead and Chelmsford in the South while Chesham and Billericay are in the North.
Billericay is certainly further south than Chelmsford, and Chesham south of Hemel, so I'd expect these to be the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2019 at 15:13, RedDevil5 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I am not sure where to post this. 

I am playing in the Premier League currently, and my fixture list has United showing up against me in the league 3 times... in the same month too nonetheless. 

https://imgur.com/v0tbgKS

What gives?

Hi there, this definitely is a bug. Could you upload your save game to our cloud service please and we'll take a look. Also if you happen to have any save games from before the fixtures took place or were scheduled, could you upload them too? Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lem said:

Vanarama North/South divide seems to be incorrect for some teams. I have Hemel Hempstead and Chelmsford in the South while Chesham and Billericay are in the North.
Billericay is certainly further south than Chelmsford, and Chesham south of Hemel, so I'd expect these to be the other way around.

Hi there, could you upload your save game to our cloud service for us to investigate please? The divide of teams should be pretty much entirely on a north/south basis in this instance, so not sure what's gone wrong here. Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...