Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

So my Ipswich team finished 7th and I got a message saying I had qualified for the Euro cup.

since then nothing so I checked and it didn’t look like I have a place. Liverpool (6th) Arsenal (5th) and West Ham (Carabo) have one but not me. 

Seems strange considering I get a message saying I was in 

13 hours ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

So my Ipswich team finished 7th and I got a message saying I had qualified for the Euro cup.

since then nothing so I checked and it didn’t look like I have a place. Liverpool (6th) Arsenal (5th) and West Ham (Carabo) have one but not me. 

Seems strange considering I get a message saying I was in 

Thanks for this - Can you upload a save before this message has appeared here? Many thanks. 

8 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - Can you upload a save before this message has appeared here? Many thanks. 

Hi, unfortunately all I have is one half way through pre season the following season.

52 minutes ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

Hi, unfortunately all I have is one half way through pre season the following season.

I have just uploaded to the SI Cloud. Called it 'PreS', not sure it helps.

Edited by Myleskenlock87

Next time you see the message appear, save it and upload it on the cloud. Many thanks. I'll keep trying to make the wrong message appear. 

8 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Next time you see the message appear, save it and upload it on the cloud. Many thanks. I'll keep trying to make the wrong message appear. 

Thanks, it has appeared since the start of pre season so unlikely I will get it again.

afrer the season I had the ‘Ipswich qualify for Euro Cup’ every other day which I thought was odd.

15 hours ago, Myleskenlock87 said:

afrer the season I had the ‘Ipswich qualify for Euro Cup’ every other day which I thought was od

Now that is very odd indeed. I'll use the save you provided to see if it happens to me too. 

I have noticed that the team that gets relegated from League 2 in the 2018/19 season gets entered into the Scottish Challenge Cup? Bit odd! I dont have a save game before it happened but heres a screen shot of the comps i am in plus the 2nd round draw that has Crewe and Tranmere.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.05.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.49.png

12 hours ago, djhagster said:

I have noticed that the team that gets relegated from League 2 in the 2018/19 season gets entered into the Scottish Challenge Cup? Bit odd! I dont have a save game before it happened but heres a screen shot of the comps i am in plus the 2nd round draw that has Crewe and Tranmere.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.05.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.54.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 08.04.49.png

In real life this season, 2 Conference National clubs entered the Scottish Challenge Cup. I assume they invite the relegated clubs first, and then go down last season's Conference league table - Sutton United and Boreham Wood entered at the Second Round stage. Clubs from Northern Ireland, Wales and the Irish Republic also entered.

It's not a bug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Second_round

1 hour ago, Scotty Walds said:

In real life this season, 2 Conference National clubs entered the Scottish Challenge Cup. I assume they invite the relegated clubs first, and then go down last season's Conference league table - Sutton United and Boreham Wood entered at the Second Round stage. Clubs from Northern Ireland, Wales and the Irish Republic also entered.

It's not a bug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Second_round

Fair enough! Everyday is a school day!

On 25/01/2019 at 21:57, lbowman66 said:

Apologies if this isn’t the correct thread,  Saw this article tonight in relation to FA prize fund.

Would be nice to add in game the extra £250k per league.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/jan/25/efl-clubs-fa-cup-progress-prize-fund-250119

We would definitely look at adding this at some point. 

On 28/01/2019 at 13:01, Christopher Lewis said:

We would definitely look at adding this at some point. 

Thanks - I guess it would be fairly simple to add?

I would appreciate you letting me know when/if this gets added!

3 hours ago, lbowman66 said:

Thanks - I guess it would be fairly simple to add?

I would appreciate you letting me know when/if this gets added!

I don't know honestly. Might be slightly more complex given how the money gets split if 2 teams from the same division make the same round. I don't know if it'll be in for FM19, but we'll try. 

Not sure if this is the right section but check the dates that starts and end this season. it happened on my 5th season

start.jpg

end.jpg

Also World Cup starts at November! Anyone else had this problem? will  be fixed in the next season?

20190204183851_1.thumb.jpg.7e6a19dd4a15c4ea74d6eb9d01376ae8.jpg

The World Cup in 2022 DOES start in November... what you are seeing is entirely correct.

Edited by Scotty Walds

16 hours ago, efesta7 said:

Oh thanks, had no idea ! why is that?

Because somebody decided hosting it in Qatar in high Summer was a really good idea.

Then, having realised that the extremely high temperatures means it is, in fact, a really stupid idea, it was rescheduled to November/December.

19 hours ago, efesta7 said:

Oh thanks, had no idea ! why is that?

Like said above, they realised playing a summer competition in Qatar was dangerous so had to move it to the winter. It has the knock-on effect of changing the league start and end dates, as well as forcing a 7-8 week stop in the season. 

Something really weird happened in my save. I have the normal premier league squad registration rules in the first image. In the second image, however, those rules changed dramatically. The most notable was the decrease of minimum squad size from 15 players to only 1. Now every team in the league transfer listed their players and that just absolutely kills the game. Mind you, this spanned only 3 in-game hours. It took just 3 hours on the same day to change the registration rules. I have no idea how the rules could be changed like that in a save.

image.png

image.png

That's incredibly weird. I don't think I've seen that before. Do you have a save before the Squad limit appears reduces to 1 player? 

Hi

I've been having a similar issue to some others whereby I finished in 6th in the Premier League, but haven't qualified for the Euro Cup. I also got the same message saying I had qualified about 6/7 times at the end of last season. 

I have attached a screenshot of the league placings from the end of the season if that helps, and have uploaded my oldest save, called Lewis Cooper - Swansea V3 (which unfortunately still seems to be bugged)

20190224155027_1.jpg

Edited by lcooper90

20 hours ago, lcooper90 said:

Hi

I've been having a similar issue to some others whereby I finished in 6th in the Premier League, but haven't qualified for the Euro Cup. I also got the same message saying I had qualified about 6/7 times at the end of last season. 

I have attached a screenshot of the league placings from the end of the season if that helps, and have uploaded my oldest save, called Lewis Cooper - Swansea V3 (which unfortunately still seems to be bugged)

20190224155027_1.jpg

Happened to me once too no idea why.