Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 15/12/2018 at 07:24, soundboyy said:

Post Brixit, the rules are no more than 17 foreign players...

The majority of my squad are showing as trained in nation (0-21), even players I only bought this year...!

Am I misunderstanding something here, or is this a massive error/bug...?

It does seem to be similar for other clubs, so even playing field at least!

But I don't understand why players like mane, firmino, robertson dont qualify

Thanks

Untitled.png

Hi soundboyy, players gaining Homegrown status is intended in this Brexit scenario - all players that stay at a club through Brexit should gain Homegrown status.

As you've observed though Mane, Firmino, and Robertson are excluded for no reason. I've looked into this and it seems to be that players with a British nationality who don't have English Homegrown status prior to Brexit will not receive a Homegrown flag post Brexit (in this scenario). I've logged this to be investigated by our coders as a bug, thanks for raising this.

On 16/12/2018 at 16:36, ADChick said:

I do, I'm into the next season now but the FA cup games were never played. The last team to win are still from the prior season and it won't let you select last season when you are on the results screen.

Just uploading the file now.

Thanks for the save game, I've now passed this on to our coders to investigate.

On 17/12/2018 at 00:58, ikendz said:

Arsenal have 2 under 18 assistant coaches?????? 

image.png

anything regarding this? all english clubs have it

fix that bloody PL schedule finally. christmass games are messed up every season. every year games with 1 day break. cmon, it doesn't even need any discussion. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!!!!! in this case is just making fix game days in december. most team plays same day, few other day but none of them plays 2 games in those days. this situation with scheduling 2 rounds with 1 day brake shouldn'r ever happen.

pl_schedule.png

pl_schedule2.png

Edited by Jonek2k3

5 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Have you logged it as a bug?

yes, i wrote about it here many times

Eric Bailly's WP appears to have run out even though no message was given to say this was happening. Every time I reapply for the permit it says a decision will be given the following day however it doesn't seem to give one. It did once give me the notification of the hearing and said it had been granted but then just flipped back to him requiring one. 

Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 17.51.25.png

Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 17.51.44.png

On 20/12/2018 at 12:40, Jonek2k3 said:

fix that bloody PL schedule finally. christmass games are messed up every season. every year games with 1 day break. cmon, it doesn't even need any discussion. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!!!!! in this case is just making fix game days in december. most team plays same day, few other day but none of them plays 2 games in those days. this situation with scheduling 2 rounds with 1 day brake shouldn'r ever happen.

pl_schedule.png

pl_schedule2.png

You might want to have a look at the 16/17 season when there were lots of games on 31 December and 2 January. Other teams played on 1 January and 3 January.

It's traditional for there to be lots of games around Christmas and New Year, just because it isn't happening this year doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Can I just point out that on the final day of the Prem season, the fixtures are all supposed to kick off at 3pm and not 4pm?

On 20/12/2018 at 12:40, Jonek2k3 said:

pl_schedule.png

pl_schedule2.png

This is not a bug. Please click on the following link which shows what happened the last time Boxing Day fell on a Sunday. Hint, fixtures were scheduled for 26th Dec, 28th Dec and 1st Jan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/table/2010/jun/17/premier-league-fixtures-2010-11

Started a save as Shrewsbury Town in League One. 

EFL rules state that you need a minimum of one player who has been 'trained at the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday' in your 18-man match-day squad. For some reason none of my players are eligible other than two 16 year-olds in my youth squad who are nowhere near first team level and so I'm effectively playing each match with only six subs. 

In real life Ryan Barnett or Ryan Sears are the players who are included in the match-day squad but neither of them meet the eligibility requirements in-game and I don't understand why. Barnett and Sears are both 18 and have both been at the club for 3 years as per the EFL rules. In addition to these two, there are many more players in the squad who have been trained at the club and should also meet the eligibility restrictions, but for some reason they don't, and I'm forced to include one of the two 16 year-olds from my youth team in my match-day squad for league games.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

On 21/12/2018 at 16:01, scottmcl84 said:

You might want to have a look at the 16/17 season when there were lots of games on 31 December and 2 January. Other teams played on 1 January and 3 January.

It's traditional for there to be lots of games around Christmas and New Year, just because it isn't happening this year doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

21 hours ago, stevros88 said:

This is not a bug. Please click on the following link which shows what happened the last time Boxing Day fell on a Sunday. Hint, fixtures were scheduled for 26th Dec, 28th Dec and 1st Jan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/table/2010/jun/17/premier-league-fixtures-2010-11

problem is it's happening every season. not just from time to time like in real life. so yes it is a bug. 

Except it's not a bug because literally every single year every team plays 3 or 4 games in quick succession. Please provide other similar examples and I will show you a season when the fixtures were arranged the same way. 

3 hours ago, stevros88 said:

Except it's not a bug because literally every single year every team plays 3 or 4 games in quick succession. Please provide other similar examples and I will show you a season when the fixtures were arranged the same way. 

show me one season when any team has to play 2 away games with 1 day brake.

anyway, just finished 3rd season. i'm 4th yet it says i will play in EL not CL. plus i got 4 messages inbox, 2 that i qualified for El and 2 for CL.

messe.png

tabela.png

17 minutes ago, Jonek2k3 said:

show me one season when any team has to play 2 away games with 1 day brake.

anyway, just finished 3rd season. i'm 4th yet it says i will play in EL not CL. plus i got 4 messages inbox, 2 that i qualified for El and 2 for CL.

messe.png

tabela.png

I've told you before and I'll tell you again...NOT. A. BUG.

2013/14

Fulham away to Norwich and Hull

Sunderland away to Everton and Cardiff

Crystal Palace away to Aston Villa and Man City

Swansea away to Chelsea and Aston Villa

West Brom away to Spurs and West Ham

Man United away to Hull and Norwich

away games.png

Sorry to **** on your bonfire

Edited by stevros88

10 hours ago, stevros88 said:

I've told you before and I'll tell you again...NOT. A. BUG.

2013/14

Fulham away to Norwich and Hull

Sunderland away to Everton and Cardiff

Crystal Palace away to Aston Villa and Man City

Swansea away to Chelsea and Aston Villa

West Brom away to Spurs and West Ham

Man United away to Hull and Norwich

away games.png

Sorry to **** on your bonfire

again. it doesn't happen every single season

2 hours ago, Jonek2k3 said:

again. it doesn't happen every single season

Show us your screenshots of it happening every single season. 

1 hour ago, Gamejumper said:

Amount for winning championship seems way to low.

IMG_20181226_190729.jpg

Why? Have you got proof that it is in fact much higher? You need to provide evidence of mistakes, rather than just speculating.

6 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Why? Have you got proof that it is in fact much higher? You need to provide evidence of mistakes, rather than just speculating.

So for winning the league 50k is right, and as for proof all you find is newspaper reports.

So for winning the league 50k is right, and as for proof all you find is newspaper reports.

Got a link? You need to provide the evidence.

This is a more up to date article, and mentions the figure includes TV, membership and solidarity payments.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-championship-prize-money-revealed-14379479

By combining their TV money, Basic Award and Solidarity Payment, Wolves will be boosted by £7.4million in total prize money for their efforts this season

And according to https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-how-much-newcastle-united-12844008:

Unlike the Premier League, the EFL do not hand out prize money per position

3 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Thanks for clearing this up.

Hi Everyone,  

I signed a keeper in january and ended up winning the league. He played over 5 times but didnt get the league win as an achievement. Anyone know why??

Thanks

Checkatrade attendances are a bit low. Particularly for the final. I know they tend to be low for the group stage but they don't seem to increase as the tournament goes on.

I got 553 people for Spurs U23s in round 2 when I'm now in league 1, yet a friendly match 2 seasons earlier against Spurs U23s when in the National league was a sell out! I can't see the logic in that difference.
Watford U23s in round 3 only 390 people. That's worse than I got for Gillingham in the group stages and it's far closer.

Worst of all the final against Scunthorpe saw a record low 12,297 - That doesn't even add up to the best 2 home attendances of each club combined. So despite going to Wembley (doesn't happen often for these clubs) to win a trophy not even every fan of each club bothered to show up, never mind thinking to bring any of their mates along or having a single neutral show up!
Even the FA trophy final I was in as a non-league team got over 19,000, and actually that's pretty low as well!

I know neither are the most prestigious of trophies or largest fan bases but that doesn't make sense. By comparison;
Lincoln vs Shrewsbury got over 41,000 for this years EFL trophy and that was a low attendance compared to other years.
The FA Trophy final this saw over 31,000 people watch Brackley play Bromley.

Given those numbers I'm 100% certain lots of neutrals and friends of friends show up for these occasions so this should be looked at. Lower league clubs need that extra cash in a big way.
I mean, we're the nearest Professional club to Wembley, have had back to back promotions in game, and now a(nother) Wembley final.
Where's the sense of fairytale magic in this game when nobody bothers to show up for that??

I promoted Morecambe from Skybet League Two to Premier Division. But my Under-23 team not participating in any under-23 leagues? so they playing only in friendlies and checkdale trophy. Is it possible that my u-23 team will be in some league in the future?

I am currently in the 4th season of a journeyman save. Started at Torquay and got promoted in the 2nd season, went down the following year and left. Took over at Boreham Wood and have finished 7th. This obviously means I am in the play offs. The play off system in the National League changed in 2017 from 2nd to 5th to 2nd to 7th with 2nd and 3rd getting a bye from the first round and having a one legged semi final at home. This is the same for the National Leagues North/South The format should be:

4th V 7th with winner playing 3rd

5th v 6th with the winner playing 2nd.

However it actually comes out as

4th V 7th with winner playing 2nd and

5th v 6th with winner playing 3rd.

Unless I've missed something this appears to be a glitch.

8 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Actually - you are correct, 2nd should play 5th/6th. I've just checked my season in Conference North, where it was 2nd v 4th and 3rd v 5th in the semi finals.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/articles/play-offs-1427

Is it a glitch/bug then? It's happened in each of the four seasons on my save in both the National League and National League North/South. I started my save before the last update I think if that's any help.

16 hours ago, Tomtheowl95 said:

Is it a glitch/bug then? It's happened in each of the four seasons on my save in both the National League and National League North/South. I started my save before the last update I think if that's any help.

Yes it's a bug. Maybe someone at SI like @Alix.Humphries can confirmed this can be logged?

On 20/12/2018 at 17:54, parton90 said:

Eric Bailly's WP appears to have run out even though no message was given to say this was happening. Every time I reapply for the permit it says a decision will be given the following day however it doesn't seem to give one. It did once give me the notification of the hearing and said it had been granted but then just flipped back to him requiring one. 

Hi there, I suspect that this is related to Brexit work permit changes. If you still have a save game where this is happening could you upload it to our cloud service please?

If your save has progressed beyond being able to re-apply for a work permit for Bailly and you have no old saves to hand we can use that save instead to investigate the rules scenario in your game/the status of Bailly during Brexit and whether that caused this issue. Thanks

Another small issue I've noticed is that English Football League fixtures do seem to begin very early. As in the end of July rather than in August. While the National League begins at a more realistic time.

14 hours ago, myfunnygame said:

currency change error?

Hi, this seems to be an error with the prize money set for League One in game specifically. This is now logged and under review.

On 03/01/2019 at 16:46, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I suspect that this is related to Brexit work permit changes. If you still have a save game where this is happening could you upload it to our cloud service please?

If your save has progressed beyond being able to re-apply for a work permit for Bailly and you have no old saves to hand we can use that save instead to investigate the rules scenario in your game/the status of Bailly during Brexit and whether that caused this issue. Thanks

Hi. I have just the same problem in my savegame with Bailly and WP in the summer of 2020. I have uploaded the save to SI Cloud Service, and it's named Runar Gulbrandsen – Man Utd.fm. Could you check this out? Thanks!

There seems to be a problem with televised games. Neither my game against Liverpool or Arsenal are televised, which can't be right when you look at the league table!!

7354B4F08778F6186F7B0F382C0DBEDC5C556913

97F99E699C7176C9820242C073547C3807E68330

So 2 years in a row with Southampton I’ve finished 7th, both years received emails telling me I’ve qualified for the Euro Cup, paid all the transfer bonuses etc etc... then the next season not being in the Euro Cup. I know I shouldn’t be because of who won the league cup it’s just a bit of an annoying bug.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I don't know if I post where I should be, but today I bought the game and when I started a career in England with Chelsea, I encountered a problem with the English Division. The problem is that every team from all 4 professional leagues (Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2) are in one English Professional Division which totals 92 teams. It didn't happened before and I don't know how to fix this problem.problemafm.thumb.PNG.cb20f7d166838745c1794d90e619645a.PNGproblemafmfm.thumb.PNG.6982230e74d70a01cae1527fd93f3895.PNG

Hey @SergiuGJ - Are you using a custom database without you knowing? Can you go to the editor data folder and remove anything that might be in there, and start a new game? That should fix the problem. 

image.thumb.png.1d5c5c561c4f5d1bd483aa476e60d088.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @SergiuGJ - Are you using a custom database without you knowing? Can you go to the editor data folder and remove anything that might be in there, and start a new game? That should fix the problem. 

image.thumb.png.1d5c5c561c4f5d1bd483aa476e60d088.png

Thank you very much! That was the problem, now it's working perfectly.

Have a nice evening!

Hi, not sure if this is a bug or not so apologies in advance if it isn’t. I started in League One with only a first team and U18 squad. Once in the Premier League a U23 squad appeared. They play in the Checkatrade Trophy and in friendly matches but they do not play in a league.

I get a message at the start of each season inviting my U18 team to join a league but haven’t had that for my U23s. I’ve now been in the Premier League for 4 seasons. I thought maybe my reputation wasn’t good enough but last season I won the Premier league and teams with a far lower reputation (Millwall, Bury, Norwich, etc) all have U23 teams playing in one of the leagues (I think there’s 4 of them?)

is it a bug or is there something I have to do to enter a league? My U23 players aren’t developing as they just seem to play friendlies against non league opposition rather than competitive games.