Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Last night I qualified for the League 1 play-off final at the end of the second season. The gap between the Semi-Final second leg and the Final was 20 days, is this right? Seemed a little long to me.

Edited by BuDbuD

18 hours ago, 25102018 said:

This is happening always on FM, not only the english league. Fix this , it is very annoying.

game fixture.png

You're going to have to explain the problem...

38 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

You're going to have to explain the problem...

The fixture list. Two games in three days. I dont think there is reason to explain that.

1 minute ago, 25102018 said:

The fixture list. Two games in three days. I dont think there is reason to explain that.

That's not a problem. It happens pretty often in England. Spurs played Monday/Wednesday/Saturday earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, 25102018 said:

Ou they didnt, just look at their schedule. They have at least two days gap, not one. 

They played Man City on Monday 29th October, and West Ham on Wednesday 31st October (that's a 1 day gap).

Lower English clubs often play Saturday and Monday games when it's a bank holiday weekend, such as Easter.

2 games in 3 days is NOT a problem.

10 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

They played Man City on Monday 29th October, and West Ham on Wednesday 31st October (that's a 1 day gap).

Lower English clubs often play Saturday and Monday games when it's a bank holiday weekend, such as Easter.

Then how about 3 games in 4 days, or 4 games in 7 days? :p

schedule.thumb.PNG.076ae9199ad8d7358f6910541ce807a3.PNG

12 minutes ago, Toolkist said:

I'd definitely agree that Swansea game should have been re-scheduled.

14 minutes ago, Toolkist said:

That's still possible - however unlikely. The Swansea game must've been rearranged into there, so I'd report that as a bug!

The Swansea game was indeed rearranged, just like another match in another week which is also a week of 3 games in 4 days / 4 games in 7. 

Will create a new topic for this.

Edited by Toolkist

With my team winning the League cup and progressing well in the FA cup (6th round) and Europa League (Semi final), my team's schedule at the end of the season is getting quite hectic.
Both in April (14th, 16th and 18th) and May (5th, 7th and 9th) my team is playing 3 games in 4 days, or 4 games in 7 days.
My game was created during the beta by the way, not sure if that makes any difference. If needed I can upload it.

image.thumb.png.3b5a8ec8b5214fb02d81aec789fd0081.png

On 23/11/2018 at 12:30, BuDbuD said:

Last night I qualified for the League 1 play-off final at the end of the second season. The gap between the Semi-Final second leg and the Final was 20 days, is this right? Seemed a little long to me.

Hi there, do you have a save game from this playthrough (ideally before the semi-final second leg)? If so could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

The gap can be quite long in real life, but 3 weeks seems a bit much even for the playoffs.

19 hours ago, Toolkist said:

With my team winning the League cup and progressing well in the FA cup (6th round) and Europa League (Semi final), my team's schedule at the end of the season is getting quite hectic.
Both in April (14th, 16th and 18th) and May (5th, 7th and 9th) my team is playing 3 games in 4 days, or 4 games in 7 days.
My game was created during the beta by the way, not sure if that makes any difference. If needed I can upload it.

Hi there, could you upload the save game please (instructions below)? The May dates might be unmovable as there's not much space around there anywhere, however would like to look into why the weekend of 6/7th April isn't used - I suspect it is due to whoever the scheduled opposition is having an FA Cup semi final but would like to be sure. Thanks

1 hour ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, could you upload the save game please (instructions below)? The May dates might be unmovable as there's not much space around there anywhere, however would like to look into why the weekend of 6/7th April isn't used - I suspect it is due to whoever the scheduled opposition is having an FA Cup semi final but would like to be sure. Thanks

I just did, save is called Fylde schedule.fm
I think Swansea was one of the 2 teams (3 matches in 4 days happened twice for me that season) I had to play, they didn't play a match the weekend of 6/7th of April. However, Swansea also had to play Arsenal for another postponed match and Arsenal did have to play a FA cup semi final. So maybe the game thought Swansea wasn't able to play that weekend because of that?

On 17/11/2018 at 18:15, WFaithorn98 said:

I am now at the start of my third season, and I am yet to have any Brexit scenario, although i believe i got message in November of my 2nd season saying Brexit would occur at the end of the season. 

Hi William, it is possible (unlikely, but possible) for there to be a no Brexit scenario in game, though the exact scenario would be determined by the November news item. Do you recall/have a save from November showing what the news item said the conditions of your Brexit scenario would be?

15 hours ago, Toolkist said:

I just did, save is called Fylde schedule.fm
I think Swansea was one of the 2 teams (3 matches in 4 days happened twice for me that season) I had to play, they didn't play a match the weekend of 6/7th of April. However, Swansea also had to play Arsenal for another postponed match and Arsenal did have to play a FA cup semi final. So maybe the game thought Swansea wasn't able to play that weekend because of that?

Thanks for this, I agree that this is very likely the reason why the match isn't on that weekend. To my knowledge I'm not sure if the game code has the ability reschedule a match for the second time by bringing a match forward, so I'm not entirely sure if this is fixable as such, but regardless I've logged it to be reviewed in code to be sure.

On 27/11/2018 at 09:10, Freddie Sands said:

Hi William, it is possible (unlikely, but possible) for there to be a no Brexit scenario in game, though the exact scenario would be determined by the November news item. Do you recall/have a save from November showing what the news item said the conditions of your Brexit scenario would be?

I got a message saying there would be an announcement in a few weeks with the details, but I never got another message in that season. In the 3rd season I got a message with an actual scenario which has now happened, a few weeks after i got an initial Brexit will happen at the end of the season message. Unfortunately i do not have a screenshot or save with the 2nd season message, which may be appearing by mistake. I was confused as well when i had nothing in the first season as i expected the actual leave date from real life to be used as i had that in last years game.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but the game seems to be struggling with the English tiering system at the very bottom of the tree.. as you can see, Braintree have been relegated from the Conference Premier and for some reason find themselves in Conference North, despite being very much south :D this seems to be very common.

Edit: Having since researched this further, I have realised it is just about possible but very unlikely - any teams in Conference South in the border counties (listed on Wikipedia but don't include Essex) would be moved to Conference North instead of Braintree Town, and as previously stated Essex isn't one of these border counties so it's highly unlikely that they would find themselves in Conference North before any other team. Worth looking into at the very least, although organisation at this level in the real world seems rather vague as there have allegedly been instances of teams having to be relegated twice due to being unable to make the long hike.

image.thumb.png.221d70f8bd4306f81eb418ec42f82605.png

Edited by BanOly

On 28/11/2018 at 13:09, WFaithorn98 said:

I got a message saying there would be an announcement in a few weeks with the details, but I never got another message in that season. In the 3rd season I got a message with an actual scenario which has now happened, a few weeks after i got an initial Brexit will happen at the end of the season message. Unfortunately i do not have a screenshot or save with the 2nd season message, which may be appearing by mistake. I was confused as well when i had nothing in the first season as i expected the actual leave date from real life to be used as i had that in last years game.

Ah I see, it is possible for Brexit to be delayed by a couple of seasons which it sounds like is what happened in your save game. There should in theory have been another news item in your second season saying something equivalent to "Brexit is delayed" (or otherwise implying that it's on hold), so I'll investigate that internally. Thanks for raising this.

17 hours ago, BanOly said:

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but the game seems to be struggling with the English tiering system at the very bottom of the tree.. as you can see, Braintree have been relegated from the Conference Premier and for some reason find themselves in Conference North, despite being very much south :D this seems to be very common.

Edit: Having since researched this further, I have realised it is just about possible but very unlikely - any teams in Conference South in the border counties (listed on Wikipedia but don't include Essex) would be moved to Conference North instead of Braintree Town, and as previously stated Essex isn't one of these border counties so it's highly unlikely that they would find themselves in Conference North before any other team. Worth looking into at the very least, although organisation at this level in the real world seems rather vague as there have allegedly been instances of teams having to be relegated twice due to being unable to make the long hike.

This is something we've grappled with in many leagues, as with group regionalisation in game it is hard to predict exactly what the geographical split would be in some hypothetical circumstances. Braintree are technically further north than any current National League South clubs which is why in FM they'd be placed in the North league instead of slightly more southerly border county teams - the most realistic we can reasonably get it is on a pure north/south basis.

@Freddie Sands  Thanks for the reply, that's understandable. I get that the game can't achieve 100% realism in all aspects and to be fair if the club is technically based further north then the difference is probably minimal.

It is definitely possible for Braintree to be placed in Conference North. Bishop's Stortford and Gloucester have been in there in recent seasons.

Regarding fixtures.... I'm playing as West Ham and in my fourth season, but I am having difficulties accepting the fixtures. I am getting a run of lots of away games then lots of home games together. I'm currently in a run of 11 home games in 13 matches.

image.png

Im guessing this is a bug but for some reason my fixtures seem to be starting earlier this season. Community Shield on July 16th and League on 23 July

image.thumb.png.5242d02021501edb86078f1ee8f62f15.png

6 hours ago, Jamesyb1989 said:

Im guessing this is a bug but for some reason my fixtures seem to be starting earlier this season. Community Shield on July 16th and League on 23 July

image.thumb.png.5242d02021501edb86078f1ee8f62f15.png

No, it will be due to the Qatar World Cup in late 2022.

On 25/11/2018 at 10:28, Scotty Walds said:

That's a really bad example. The Man City game was scheduled for the Sunday and had to be moved because of stadium issues. I've been following us in depth since the 06/07 season and I'm pretty certain we've never had a one day gap scheduled barring the Christmas/Easter fixtures which are coded to work differently in FM anyway. Certainly where a two day gap can easily be done - like here, where Wednesday is also a perfectly valid slot for the League Cup game - it is. Even where it's not so easy, it's done where possible. This season for instance, Liverpool and Everton were both playing league games on the Sunday, and were then drawn at home in the League Cup for midweek. However, policing issues meant that they weren't both allowed to play at home on Wednesday night. Rather than just play on Tuesday with a one-day gap (which happens in FM as a matter of course, not just this kind of unusual circumstance), Everton's tie was postponed by a whole week to be played in the slot for European games since they hadn't qualified.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/9/10/17840434/everton-southampton-carabao-cup-third-round-fixture-congestion-postponed-new-date-october

Hi guys. I've had an issue with the FA cup in my 2023/24 season. As you can see below, my sixth round tie against Liverpool was never played. The league season has now finished with the FA cup still ongoing and no matches booked in!

image.thumb.png.b56f5e6448170e5ec1f984b535bd023d.pngimage.thumb.png.a9885be7974de84efc51bcfa9eb63f77.pngimage.thumb.png.b1945168b94b1e44197d4a0a92abc381.pngimage.thumb.png.22df0e176d246c5ab4675d1e9c5a2e58.png

My board accepted an invite to the U18's League yet there are no fixtures submitted.

1560791305_Boardaccept.thumb.PNG.dffa7d004975e974b008d74e4bfc3b66.PNG     1926622612_Boardaccept2.thumb.PNG.0a27e198fde9fac89dc408a975d7ef51.PNG

Currently playing as Chesham Utd (promoted team into Vanarama National League South).  They have an U23 & U18 team but don't appear in any leagues, the Manager is assigned to arranged Fixtures but so far haven't after the 5/6 pre season games.

Two questions, shall I keep arranging fixtures instead or will the assist manager kick in and start doing weekly fixtures? When I get promoted into the football league, will I be added to the usual U23/U18 leagues?

hi. schedule is messed up for me again. 1 day brake and it's with 2 away games. it's something that wouldn't ever happen in real life. i've checked schedule of 2 teams i'm playing against and there is space to reschedule those matches without any problem.

Arsenal game takes place in EL so it's always same days, however their gamesin PL have been scheduled properly. my game against Man City could be easly moved few days earlier as they had no match in 9 days, not mentioning that their games i PL are scheduled properly as well. that start to be really annoying. i've uploaded save as well, it's named jonek2k3 - West Ham. regards.

schedule.png

schedulearsenal.png

schedulemancity.png

Edited by Jonek2k3

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help / shed some light on this - was sure specifically which section to put this in....

I started a new game as York City, have achieved back to back to back to back promotions and am now in the Championship at every chance I have upgraded all my facilities (including youth level and youth facilities) however I still, do not have a Under-23 team available however I am getting notifications every week saying that I have missing assignments, which I obviously can not edit or do anything with. 

I dont want to have to end my game and start again as I am loving this save.

Is this a bug? If so, is it likely to be fixed and saved game compatible?
Is there a way I can add a U23 team using an editor that is save game compatible (have never used an editor before)
Is there any way of identifying if I SHOULD have a U23 or if the messages are just a bug (a typical youth level etc?)
Do I need to upload my save here, would that help anything? 

Thanks in advance guys and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...

Two seasons my board have accepted the league invite yet the fixtures do not appear, any feedback please?

On 05/12/2018 at 13:42, Handstar said:

My board accepted an invite to the U18's League yet there are no fixtures submitted.

1560791305_Boardaccept.thumb.PNG.dffa7d004975e974b008d74e4bfc3b66.PNG     1926622612_Boardaccept2.thumb.PNG.0a27e198fde9fac89dc408a975d7ef51.PNG

Hi @Handstar this is a known issue that is under review, thank you

5 hours ago, Sufc-Ownage said:

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help / shed some light on this - was sure specifically which section to put this in....

I started a new game as York City, have achieved back to back to back to back promotions and am now in the Championship at every chance I have upgraded all my facilities (including youth level and youth facilities) however I still, do not have a Under-23 team available however I am getting notifications every week saying that I have missing assignments, which I obviously can not edit or do anything with. 

Is there a way I can add a U23 team using an editor that is save game compatible (have never used an editor before)
Is there any way of identifying if I SHOULD have a U23 or if the messages are just a bug (a typical youth level etc?)

I've achived the same thing with York. Cool. :-) I would love a u23-team myself. 

On 04/12/2018 at 00:34, ADChick said:

Hi guys. I've had an issue with the FA cup in my 2023/24 season. As you can see below, my sixth round tie against Liverpool was never played. The league season has now finished with the FA cup still ongoing and no matches booked in!

Hi, do you have this save game available still? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? Thanks

On 10/12/2018 at 13:58, Sufc-Ownage said:

Hi All,

Hi there, this sounds like a bug to do with the messages you are receiving. Could you upload a save game where this is happening and we'll take a look? Thanks

New U23 teams in the U23 divisions in England are selected on the basis of the best youth facilities/setup, which you'll only know about at the start of a new season if you gain an Under-23 team. I'm afraid there is no way to edit team/club structure with an Editor midway through a save.

Community shield issue

I'm currently season 2 and i am (Arsenal) plating City in the community shield.

to my knowledge you can make 4 subs IRL but i have just made 5

Hi,

Just got to the 22-23 season in FM19 in the Premiership and the scheduling looks weird? No November or December games... recently updated with 19.2. The fixture list just came out so maybe it will change?

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, realised the WC was in winter, how could I forget!!

image.png

Edited by keon

7 hours ago, Block4Gooner said:

Community shield issue

I'm currently season 2 and i am (Arsenal) plating City in the community shield.

to my knowledge you can make 4 subs IRL but i have just made 5

You can make 6 subs in the Community Shield

Post Brixit, the rules are no more than 17 foreign players...

The majority of my squad are showing as trained in nation (0-21), even players I only bought this year...!

Am I misunderstanding something here, or is this a massive error/bug...?

It does seem to be similar for other clubs, so even playing field at least!

But I don't understand why players like mane, firmino, robertson dont qualify

Thanks

Untitled.png

In championship in 2022 and for some reason there are no matches in November and most of december is made up of friendlies. Is this meant to be some sort of winter break?

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 02.40.01.png

On 11/12/2018 at 16:36, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, do you have this save game available still? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? Thanks

I do, I'm into the next season now but the FA cup games were never played. The last team to win are still from the prior season and it won't let you select last season when you are on the results screen.

Just uploading the file now.

13 hours ago, camKD said:

In championship in 2022 and for some reason there are no matches in November and most of december is made up of friendlies. Is this meant to be some sort of winter break?

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 02.40.01.png

World Cup is in Nov / Dec 2022.