Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 03/11/2018 at 19:59, BuffaloPhil said:

I'm in early 2019, after the January transfer window closed, but before Brexit actually happens (not sure if the exact date makes a difference, but it may do.)

When scouting players, I'm being told they are unlikely to get a work permit, even after appeal. This is the case for someone like Marco Verratti, who seems to have been virtually ever-present for club and country all season, so this either must be a bug or the work permit rules are unbelievably harsh!

Hi there, do you have a save game from soon before Verratti (or any other equivalently high profile player) was scouted? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? This sounds like a potential knock on of the new Brexit scenario.

On 28/10/2018 at 17:00, miguelinho said:

Think this one is self-explanatory from the Checkatrade Trophy. Four players are selected but still coming up with a warning image? Was also an existing bug in FM18. The exclamation disappears if I add a fifth player. To me, "a minimum of" means four is sufficient?

checkatrade.png

Hi miguel, do you still have the save game where this was occurring to hand?

On 03/11/2018 at 13:57, pikeal said:

Oh come on Si. Just started a new save and at home on the first match day are Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd and Man City. This really is immersion breaking and pretty basic stuff.

Hi there, I've logged a Feature Request to have some form of functionality to support pairs of teams being kept from playing at Home on the same matchround. This is something that has been discussed on our end before and is more of a technical issue than anything - it's difficult to implement without slowing the game horrendously on competition scheduling dates.

I'm playing Bath City vs Gateshead and I'm playing in my home kit (black and white) and they're playing in their home kit (white and black), very hard to distinguish between the 2 and wouldn't happen irl. Had this vs Eastleigh before and their listed away kit colour was wrong. I'm guessing that National League kits and colours need a little fix.

3 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, do you have a save game from soon before Verratti (or any other equivalently high profile player) was scouted? If so could you upload to our cloud service please? This sounds like a potential knock on of the new Brexit scenario.

Not from the initial point, but I've uploaded "spurs work permit issue" save game which has moved on into the transfer window and the issue still occurs. I've tested it on this save by scouting Kylian Mbappe then progressing the game until the scouting report for him is updated, and it says he probably wouldn't get a work permit.

This seems to be the case for anyone not based in the UK / Ireland.

However I have continued the game past this point and successfully signed Nicola Barella who was given a work permit with no problems, so it seems to be an issue with what the scouts are telling me rather than anything else.

4 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I've logged a Feature Request to have some form of functionality to support pairs of teams being kept from playing at Home on the same matchround. This is something that has been discussed on our end before and is more of a technical issue than anything - it's difficult to implement without slowing the game horrendously on competition scheduling dates.

Thank you! I trust you guys and know you'll be doing all you can to make this game great. And sorry for being so grumpy.

Hi

I wanted to bring up something that's been in the game for a while now - the home-grown rule. This is the exact wording ingame:

Minimum of 8 players trained in England for 3 years before 21st birthday

kB3hkKz.jpg

But that's not actually the case. As long as a player joins the club before he turns 19, he will get the home-grown status 3 years later. Hypothetically you could have a player join your club who's 18 years and 364 days, and he will become home-grown when he's 21 years and 364 days.

A home-grown player is defined by rule 33.9 in section 5 of the EFL's Rules and Regulations as a player who has been registered with:

33.9.1 his current Club; and/or

33.9.2 a Club and/or any other football club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales, for a period, continuous or not of three Seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21). For the purposes of this definition of Home Grown Player only, a Season will be deemed to commence on the date on which the Summer Transfer Window in that Season closes (including the Extended Period) and expire on the date of the final League Match of the Season.

As you can see from the part I underlined in 33.9.2, a player can achieve this status after he turns 21. This is why a player like Matthijs de Ligt can become home-grown in the game, despite joining the club only 1 month prior to his 19th birthday:

pLMr6VB.jpg

Including the entire paragraph in the game might be impractical, but as it stands it would actually be more accurate to simply change it to "before 22nd birthday".

On 06/11/2018 at 15:18, Freddie Sands said:

You know its funny I have never noticed this before. 

Makes me want to install FM18 again and see if I'm just really blind. 

Hi,

I'm facing the same issues as others in the thread. I won the EFL cup with Blackburn but I am not in the europa league at all.

I only have the save file from 30th July (season ended already after having won the cup.

On 06/11/2018 at 18:16, BuffaloPhil said:

Not from the initial point, but I've uploaded "spurs work permit issue" save game which has moved on into the transfer window and the issue still occurs. I've tested it on this save by scouting Kylian Mbappe then progressing the game until the scouting report for him is updated, and it says he probably wouldn't get a work permit.

This seems to be the case for anyone not based in the UK / Ireland.

However I have continued the game past this point and successfully signed Nicola Barella who was given a work permit with no problems, so it seems to be an issue with what the scouts are telling me rather than anything else.

Thanks Phil, I've reproduced the issue from this save and logged a bug to be investigated.

2 hours ago, rovers1993 said:

Hi,

I'm facing the same issues as others in the thread. I won the EFL cup with Blackburn but I am not in the europa league at all.

I only have the save file from 30th July (season ended already after having won the cup.

Hi there, could we have that save game regardless? Although it won't allow us to exactly reproduce the bug from scratch it might provide some insight as to what has gone wrong. Thanks

On 05/11/2018 at 11:16, Chris1ar said:

I have just won the Carabao Cup with Hull City, after which the game said I would enter the Europa League at the 2nd Qualifying Round. 

Fast forward to the following pre season and I have not been entered in the Europe League and England only has 2 teams entered. 

Hi there, do you have a save game from before Hull's Carabao Cup winning season finished? If so could you upload it to our cloud server please. We are keen to investigate this one.

12 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, could we have that save game regardless? Although it won't allow us to exactly reproduce the bug from scratch it might provide some insight as to what has gone wrong. Thanks

Hi ive uploaded it.

• last save overwrite backup.fm

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here yet, but Round One of the Carabao Cup is regionalised but not seeded, however i've seen some very long-distance, North v South matches such as Charlton v Preston, Wycombe v Tranmere and Hull v Swindon.

I cant believe this is happening (Is it FM17 again?). Anyway...

Playing as Hemel Hempstead, just beginning season 2. Before the start of season 2 I received a dialogue asking me if I wanted to join the U18's league. I accepted. This happened on the 24th June 2019

FM2.thumb.jpg.ef7a524c4a4e7c25413b807a78d9083c.jpg

I've continued in my save now to the 16th of August 2019. I am playing league games, my U18's are not showing as in any league at any level and have no fixtures outside of my Assistant Manager arranging friendlies.

Other info: My youth level is 4. I remember that this is too low for U23s from previous FM's but I thought it was high enough to include a proper U18 team? Either way, why is the dialogue there if this is not the case?

Skins/Facepacks/Edited DB: No. Not got around to any of this yet. The only change made was deleting the fake .inc file to allow the German National Team. No db changes via the editor etc.

Uploading a save: Named HHFM U18.01.fm - Save is one continue from the point where the league invitation dialogue fires. I DO have an earlier save (about a week or two before) should this be needed, just shout me.

On 01/11/2018 at 12:06, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, this is intended behaviour in the game. The warning message is referring to the rule that at least one player in the match squad needs to be trained by Stoke for 3 years before the age of 21 (i.e. be Homegrown at Stoke) as opposed to players training at a club in an everyday sense.

Thanks, Freddie, I see now. I think it was the use of language that confused me. The way you have explained it makes much more sense! Thanks. J

Update: I've now got well into September, defo no fixtures at all.

Edited by Mallo
Spelling error

On 22/10/2018 at 14:42, FMJames2011 said:

In the FA Trophy, you have the option of forcing extra time instead of having a replay. When selecting 'yes' to force extra time, you do get extra time but the match still goes to a replay if drawing after extra time - there are no penalties. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.37.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.38.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.42.01.png

That's actually correct. It's only in the Vase that clubs have the option to force a result on the day by agreeing to penalties.

Now going into the 2020-21 season and accepted my second 'invite' and it's looking like no fixtures have been generated and my U18's are not in a league...

FM7.thumb.jpg.5921cda797a0cf8d4264d05f0a3acd6a.jpgFM6.thumb.jpg.37cc4435ce416eacbc385d54e63483e1.jpg

Seriously, how can an issue from FM17 return? Have lessons not been learned?

If I accept the INVITE, why does my team not JOIN?

On 08/11/2018 at 16:07, rovers1993 said:

Hi ive uploaded it.

• last save overwrite backup.fm

Thank you for this, I've figured out the problem with the Carabao Cup from this save. It seems that if the Euro Cup winner is from England and finished outside the top 4 then the Carabao Cup's Euro Cup spot will instead be allocated via league position. I've logged this to be investigated by our coders right away, thanks again.

I love how this seems to have been moved to a part of the forum that gets very little attention/ response.

I'd love any sort of answer about this please.

Edited by Mallo

I'm playing as Chorley in the Vanarama North and in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, I play St Ives Town away...all the way down in Cambridgeshire. As far as i'm aware all the qualifying rounds up until the First Round Proper are regionalised so think this is a bug, although i'm not sure if you're able to implement it?

After winning the championship with Wolves in 19/20, it said that I had won £80 million for winning the competition. But currently in the first weeks of prem I have still yet to receive this money and am currently just living on TV revenue as the only money coming into the club. Is there a way I can fix this?

For some reason, an FA Cup semi-final tie became a Premier League (PL) game. You can also see in the fixture List that I'm playing Liverpool 3 times in the PL

I think the reason for this.. is that my stadium (Emirate) is undergoing an expansion... so I'm playing my PL games in Wembley .. and since the semi-finals (of the FA Cup) are played at Wembley the game considered this as PL fixture

at this moment ... I'm not sure if should proceed as this could corrupt the game 

FM19.1.GIF

FM19.2.GIF

Edited by saint.666

The game stops at a must-respond message about next season's plans team meeting. When I try to respond it says 'Team meetings cannot take place during the off-season'

btw all my players are not yet on holiday.

What to do here?

what1.jpg

what2.jpg

The game stops at a must-respond message about next season's plans team meeting. When I try to respond it says 'Team meetings cannot take place during the off-season'

What to do here?

(Sorry I posted this in a separate post in this forum. Didn't know about this thread so someone kindly remove it)

what1.jpg

what2.jpg

3 hours ago, DODO said:

What to do here?

(Sorry I posted this in a separate post in this forum. Didn't know about this thread so someone kindly remove it)

what1.jpg

what2.jpg

That's not a League Specific Issue. Log it as a bug (interaction).

https://community.sigames.com/forum/664-dynamics-and-interaction/

I am now at the start of my third season, and I am yet to have any Brexit scenario, although i believe i got message in November of my 2nd season saying Brexit would occur at the end of the season. 

Edited by WFaithorn98
Was Reporting two problems of sorts in the same post.

Uploaded the file of this save to the SI Cloud service, its " William Faithorn - Starting Unemployed.fm "

Edited by WFaithorn98

On 07/11/2018 at 01:27, mersk said:

Hi

I wanted to bring up something that's been in the game for a while now - the home-grown rule. This is the exact wording ingame:

kB3hkKz.jpg

But that's not actually the case. As long as a player joins the club before he turns 19, he will get the home-grown status 3 years later. Hypothetically you could have a player join your club who's 18 years and 364 days, and he will become home-grown when he's 21 years and 364 days.

A home-grown player is defined by rule 33.9 in section 5 of the EFL's Rules and Regulations as a player who has been registered with:

33.9.2 a Club and/or any other football club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales, for a period, continuous or not of three Seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21). For the purposes of this definition of Home Grown Player only, a Season will be deemed to commence on the date on which the Summer Transfer Window in that Season closes (including the Extended Period) and expire on the date of the final League Match of the Season.

As you can see from the part I underlined in 33.9.2, a player can achieve this status after he turns 21. This is why a player like Matthijs de Ligt can become home-grown in the game, despite joining the club only 1 month prior to his 19th birthday:

pLMr6VB.jpg

Including the entire paragraph in the game might be impractical, but as it stands it would actually be more accurate to simply change it to "before 22nd birthday".

Any sort of feedback on this would be appreciated.

Post-Brexit Work Permit Bug

In my save, post-Brexit rules state that "From next season, British leagues with registered squads will use a 17-foreign player in a squad limit instead of the current work permit system. A new work permit system will apply to foreign players signing for a new club in the UK. European players already playing in these nations will be given special status to allow them to be treated as non-foreign and will not require a work permit."

I'm with Chelsea, and am being told by scouts that any player (it seems) from outside of the UK will fail to be granted a work permit. The likes of Neymar, Greizmann, Ronaldo etc... according to my scouts none of them will be granted a work permit to play in the UK. 

This would of course severely affect the game. Please have a look, thanks.

I have a similar post-Brexit issue. My universe has the 8k/3K rule, but when I scout players with current salaries well over this level I am getting the same message as Redmundo: players will not be able to get a work permit even after appeal. I am hoping that this is a bug in the scouting reports rather than a bug in the work permits themselves?

On 06/11/2018 at 14:41, Freddie Sands said:

Hi miguel, do you still have the save game where this was occurring to hand?

Apologies, I deleted the game. I'm about to start a new save in the next few days, I'll see if it comes up again!

On 15/11/2018 at 12:48, ShadowBlader said:

After winning the championship with Wolves in 19/20, it said that I had won £80 million for winning the competition. But currently in the first weeks of prem I have still yet to receive this money and am currently just living on TV revenue as the only money coming into the club. Is there a way I can fix this?

Have you got a save game soon-ish after the 19/20 season ended? If so could you upload to our cloud service for us to investigate please? Thanks

On 07/11/2018 at 00:27, mersk said:

Hi

kB3hkKz.jpg

pLMr6VB.jpg

True, though before 22nd birthday would be inaccurate too for the same reason that the cutoff date isn't on the birthday itself. I've logged a bug asking for the text to be changed to something like "...before 21st birthday season end" which is more accurate.

12 hours ago, Redmundo said:

Post-Brexit Work Permit Bug

In my save, post-Brexit rules state that "From next season, British leagues with registered squads will use a 17-foreign player in a squad limit instead of the current work permit system. A new work permit system will apply to foreign players signing for a new club in the UK. European players already playing in these nations will be given special status to allow them to be treated as non-foreign and will not require a work permit."

I'm with Chelsea, and am being told by scouts that any player (it seems) from outside of the UK will fail to be granted a work permit. The likes of Neymar, Greizmann, Ronaldo etc... according to my scouts none of them will be granted a work permit to play in the UK. 

This would of course severely affect the game. Please have a look, thanks.

9 hours ago, brennerv said:

I have a similar post-Brexit issue. My universe has the 8k/3K rule, but when I scout players with current salaries well over this level I am getting the same message as Redmundo: players will not be able to get a work permit even after appeal. I am hoping that this is a bug in the scouting reports rather than a bug in the work permits themselves?

This is something we are aware of and have logged currently internally.

On 09/11/2018 at 02:20, BenW. said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here yet, but Round One of the Carabao Cup is regionalised but not seeded, however i've seen some very long-distance, North v South matches such as Charlton v Preston, Wycombe v Tranmere and Hull v Swindon.

Thanks, this is now logged and under review.

On 09/11/2018 at 15:14, Mallo said:

I cant believe this is happening (Is it FM17 again?). Anyway...

Playing as Hemel Hempstead, just beginning season 2. Before the start of season 2 I received a dialogue asking me if I wanted to join the U18's league. I accepted. This happened on the 24th June 2019

FM2.thumb.jpg.ef7a524c4a4e7c25413b807a78d9083c.jpg

I've continued in my save now to the 16th of August 2019. I am playing league games, my U18's are not showing as in any league at any level and have no fixtures outside of my Assistant Manager arranging friendlies.

Other info: My youth level is 4. I remember that this is too low for U23s from previous FM's but I thought it was high enough to include a proper U18 team? Either way, why is the dialogue there if this is not the case?

Skins/Facepacks/Edited DB: No. Not got around to any of this yet. The only change made was deleting the fake .inc file to allow the German National Team. No db changes via the editor etc.

Uploading a save: Named HHFM U18.01.fm - Save is one continue from the point where the league invitation dialogue fires. I DO have an earlier save (about a week or two before) should this be needed, just shout me.

Thanks for the save file, this has now been logged and is being investigated internally.

On 16/11/2018 at 15:55, saint.666 said:

I reloaded the game ...and it seemed fixed 

Hi there, if you still have a save game from before this happened (or after, but still in the same season) could you upload it to our FTP please? Thanks

9 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Have you got a save game soon-ish after the 19/20 season ended? If so could you upload to our cloud service for us to investigate please? Thanks

Hi Freddie, is the 6th of July alright? As that is the latest save I have after 19/20 season

On 17/11/2018 at 12:51, DODO said:

What to do here?

Hi there, do you still have the save game at the point of the screenshots you've attached? If so could you upload it to our cloud service for us to investigate please? Thanks

14 hours ago, ShadowBlader said:

Hi Freddie, is the 6th of July alright? As that is the latest save I have after 19/20 season

Yes please - if you also have an earlier save from June or earlier please could you upload that too (in case the issue was initiated in the previous season)? Thanks again

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, do you still have the save game at the point of the screenshots you've attached? If so could you upload it to our cloud service for us to investigate please? Thanks

I was able to skip this problem by going on vacation for a day. Unfortunately I saved the game after this multiple times as I went on playing and forgot to save the game separately for you to investigate.

I was invited to Under 18s league during the preseason, and I accepted the invitation. But still, there are no league matches in my U18 fixtures, only friendlies and FA Youth Cup.

It has happened for two consecutive seasons.

Thank you!

schedule for PM in my 2nd season is a little messed up. at christmas time 2 rounds are scheduled with 1 day brake. 26/12 na then 28/12.

pl_schedule.png