Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Years we've been suffering this fixture congestion in the premier league if you compete in multiple competitions

really this doesn't happen to this degree in real life for any club....

Would really like to see this sorted one year. 

6 Fixtures in 2 weeks an 4 on the final week of a season is just absurd 

fixtures.png

So not only are the 3pm Kick offs  finishing before the 4pm games start....

Chelsea have a game on Wednesday. Nice to see AI give itself a good gap between games when I had  4 in 7 days. 

actually not.png

Last Day.png

20 hours ago, Murcon17 said:

Hello, I also have an issue with the League Cup and being put into the Europa League.

I won the League Cup with Cardiff and finished 10th in the League, but have not been put into a continental competition afterwards. The Wolves who finished 7th have been awarded a EL place however. I have an autosavegame from the 15th of June of that season before the season officially rolls over and the next season begins, if that is of any help.

Yes please Murcon, could you upload this save to our cloud? We've not been able to reproduce this issue internally so it would be of great help. Thanks

3 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

So not only are the 3pm Kick offs  finishing before the 4pm games start....

Chelsea have a game on Wednesday. Nice to see AI give itself a good gap between games when I had  4 in 7 days. 

Hi there, both these issues we are aware of and investigating. Thanks

On 23/10/2018 at 19:12, TheTom said:

I go to the U23 screen and select a tactic and formation, but don't see any players. Same with going through to the match. I've attached screenshots to show what I'm seeing both within the tactics screen, and on match day.

For reference, I'm on a MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave (although this save was created under the old macOS).

Ah I see, this is more a UI issue as the U23 are appearing on the squad list on this screens and can be dragged over into the squad. However the fact that they don't appear on the dropdown for each position is an issue, so I'll log this as a bug. Thanks for bringing this up :thup:

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Freddie Sands:

Yes please Murcon, could you upload this save to our cloud? We've not been able to reproduce this issue internally so it would be of great help. Thanks

I just uploaded the file, it's called: Cardiff Won League Cup no EL.fm

Edited by Murcon17

50 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, both these issues we are aware of and investigating. Thanks

@Freddie Sands that’s great! Now how about the long standing one that’s been in for years where you end up with 4 games on the last week of season I also posted.

Think this one is self-explanatory from the Checkatrade Trophy. Four players are selected but still coming up with a warning image? Was also an existing bug in FM18. The exclamation disappears if I add a fifth player. To me, "a minimum of" means four is sufficient?

checkatrade.png

Hi guys - in the second season of my save i've just been televised in Round 3 of the FA Cup as Preston in the Championship against Southend (also in the Championship), was a Monday night game and can only assume this is a bug as there were much more prestigious games than that?

The Championship has a rule where 7 homegrown players must be picked in the match day squad but this is not being enforced as just played with 6 in my norwich save.

Just started 5th (22/23) season in the PL. Season started on 24th July with no games scheduled for November or December. Previous seasons have been fine.

Edited by Smudge85

12 hours ago, Smudge85 said:

Just started 5th (22/23) season in the PL. Season started on 24th July with no games scheduled for November or December. Previous seasons have been fine.

Is this not the 2022 wolrd cup in Qatar which will be in Nov and Dec. Probably close to what will actually happen in the premier league too.

7 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

Is this not the 2022 wolrd cup in Qatar which will be in Nov and Dec. Probably close to what will actually happen in the premier league too.

*facepalm* Of course it is. 

I am playing the 2nd season and Billericay have been promoted to Vanarama National League South, but somehow they have started with a wage budget of in excess of £50,000 per week, which seems a bit much surely?

Main Squad:

1440733520_2018-10-30(1).thumb.png.990a31633d4a1fae9de879eacb7dc76c.png

U23 Squad has players on £2500 per week:

1473566623_2018-10-30(2).thumb.png.d8b2fc1030852aff3ec67767d4ceb266.png

3rd season in as derby. Won caribo cup in 2d season yet entered 3rd season and I'm not in the euro cup even though I had news item say we were in the competition following winning in the final

National League South clubs have not got their proper kits on display. The kits are just like the default kits the premier league clubs have

Edited by SUFCno1

1 hour ago, Brutalyouth said:

3rd season in as derby. Won caribo cup in 2d season yet entered 3rd season and I'm not in the euro cup even though I had news item say we were in the competition following winning in the final

Hi there, could you upload a save game where this has happened as well as a save from just before the season ends (where you won the Carabao Cup) to our cloud service please? Thanks

Hi,

In pre-season of my 2nd season so there are the new player registration rules (17 foreign players limit) because of Brexit, but all my foreign players are also listed as homegrown as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

Just started a save on 19.1 and throughout the season many clubs play at home at the same time as their rivals (City/Utd, Liv/Eve, Arsenal/Spurs etc). I know this has been reported above but just mentioning that it is still happening in 19.1.

When two teams finish on the same points, gd and goal scored, it places the teams alphabetically. Maybe there sgould be a play-off , h2h record or amount of wins?fm2.thumb.PNG.3ea60a3af76fb20fad409191cc9d962a.PNGfm.thumb.PNG.acb18475f2071cafa4b4df3f3815386f.PNG

On 30/10/2018 at 18:34, AllyDInDaHouse said:

Not sure whether this is the correct section but I don't have any fixtures for almost a month in March. This can't be correct? Only have league games to play. Thanks

fm.png

Can confirm Premier League and Championship fixtures are like this for me as well in 2020/21, 3 week gap in March to April and two midweek Premier League games in August when there normally isn't any

Just came across the following. Think it's a bug.

Summary: Can't submit team before a game

Description: When i went to submit my team i got the following message "The match squad must have at least 1 player trained by the club. (currently 0)". https://gyazo.com/0df321dd2d087cd2327e69b8c96abfb1 Obviously this is totally wrong. All the players are trained at my club.

I managed to solve the issue by clearing all selections and selecting my team again.

Steps to reproduce: Not sure because i have since clicked continue with the save. Have uploaded the save file anyway incase it helps.

Save file: Uploaded to ownCloud titled: 'Jim G - Stoke City.fm'

14 hours ago, PhullyBoy said:

Hi,

In pre-season of my 2nd season so there are the new player registration rules (17 foreign players limit) because of Brexit, but all my foreign players are also listed as homegrown as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

Did these players not get homegrown status as part of the Brexit rules? 

Sure I have seen that before.

1 hour ago, CrashOverride said:

Did these players not get homegrown status as part of the Brexit rules? 

Sure I have seen that before.

The Brexit rules in my save state that the Foreign status won’t be applied to players who signed a contract before Brexit occurred which isn’t the case here. In turn they’ll be given the Foreign status if they sign a new contract post-Brexit.

Either way, isn’t it incorrect that they have homegrown status as they haven’t trained in the country aged 0-21 as it states? Wouldn’t they just be given non-foreign status like the players who have gained British citizenship eg De Gea in that screenshot who hasn’t got Homegrown status?

I think the issue here is rather than the relevant players having their Foreign status removed, they’ve been given Homegrown status instead. It also means foreign players under 23 I have don’t need be registered despite not being trained in the country. 

Edited by PhullyBoy

2 hours ago, Jim G said:

Just came across the following. Think it's a bug.

Summary: Can't submit team before a game

Description: When i went to submit my team i got the following message "The match squad must have at least 1 player trained by the club. (currently 0)". https://gyazo.com/0df321dd2d087cd2327e69b8c96abfb1 Obviously this is totally wrong. All the players are trained at my club.

I managed to solve the issue by clearing all selections and selecting my team again.

Steps to reproduce: Not sure because i have since clicked continue with the save. Have uploaded the save file anyway incase it helps.

Save file: Uploaded to ownCloud titled: 'Jim G - Stoke City.fm'

Hi there, this is intended behaviour in the game. The warning message is referring to the rule that at least one player in the match squad needs to be trained by Stoke for 3 years before the age of 21 (i.e. be Homegrown at Stoke) as opposed to players training at a club in an everyday sense.

3 hours ago, PhullyBoy said:

The Brexit rules in my save state that the Foreign status won’t be applied to players who signed a contract before Brexit occurred which isn’t the case here. In turn they’ll be given the Foreign status if they sign a new contract post-Brexit.

Either way, isn’t it incorrect that they have homegrown status as they haven’t trained in the country aged 0-21 as it states? Wouldn’t they just be given non-foreign status like the players who have gained British citizenship eg De Gea in that screenshot who hasn’t got Homegrown status?

I think the issue here is rather than the relevant players having their Foreign status removed, they’ve been given Homegrown status instead. It also means foreign players under 23 I have don’t need be registered despite not being trained in the country. 

This is intended behaviour of this Brexit scenario, EU players already in the country at the point of Brexit are given Homegrown status as long as they are in contract and at their original club.

33 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

This is intended behaviour of this Brexit scenario, EU players already in the country at the point of Brexit are given Homegrown status as long as they are in contract and at their original club.

Right, thanks for the clarification!

Had an issue where I qualified for the ' Euro Cup Group Stage ' by finishing in 6th place in the English Premier Divison, However as the following season approached I noticed I had fixtures to play in the ' Euro Cup Qualifying Round 1/2/3 ' This should be the outcome of finishing in 7th place.

On 30/10/2018 at 21:37, Henwood said:

I am playing the 2nd season and Billericay have been promoted to Vanarama National League South, but somehow they have started with a wage budget of in excess of £50,000 per week, which seems a bit much surely?

Billericay are loaded in real life, although I don't know that they spend that much on their youth squad, for example. Maybe the AI using the budget in a way that makes sense in-game?

On 31/10/2018 at 22:33, pikeal said:

Just started a save on 19.1 and throughout the season many clubs play at home at the same time as their rivals (City/Utd, Liv/Eve, Arsenal/Spurs etc). I know this has been reported above but just mentioning that it is still happening in 19.1.

Oh come on Si. Just started a new save and at home on the first match day are Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd and Man City. This really is immersion breaking and pretty basic stuff.

4 hours ago, pikeal said:

Oh come on Si. Just started a new save and at home on the first match day are Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd and Man City. This really is immersion breaking and pretty basic stuff.

Hardly a game-breaking issue.

I'm in early 2019, after the January transfer window closed, but before Brexit actually happens (not sure if the exact date makes a difference, but it may do.)

When scouting players, I'm being told they are unlikely to get a work permit, even after appeal. This is the case for someone like Marco Verratti, who seems to have been virtually ever-present for club and country all season, so this either must be a bug or the work permit rules are unbelievably harsh!

7 hours ago, pikeal said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham all played in London at the same time on Wednesday just gone.

I know that was EFL Cup and there were extenuating circumstances, but it can and does happen.

2 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham all played in London at the same time on Wednesday just gone.

I know that was EFL Cup and there were extenuating circumstances, but it can and does happen.

West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea at home are all fine as they are far enough away from each other. Spurs at home at the same time as Arsenal would simply not happen. Neither would the two Manchester clubs. neither would the two Liverpool clubs. They have nailed it before so I'm sure a quick fix can be applied.

Pre-seasons friendlies in 22/23 is a bit weird because of the world cup. The AI schedules friendlies in between league matches. Some teams manages to play all their friendlies before the first match of the league, but there are also teams who don't play any friendlies at all. Championship is also affected.

world_cup_bug_fixture.thumb.JPG.88fbe7277665672d7f93357ac3102a77.JPG

Edited by Camrot

Last Game of the premier league is still broken.

2 3PM kick offs finishing before the 4pm games start.

Save was started in Beta if that makes any difference?

Save uploaded from just before the matches kick off

This season, suspensions for 5 yellow cards are only effective if received in the league. FA Cup yellow cards are now treated differently, where 2 yellows in separate games means a one game ban.

My striker is showing as 1 yellow away from a suspension (my next game is a league game), but he only has 3 league bookings (plus 1 FA Cup booking).

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19

For the first time, the 2018-19 season will also see the introduction of competition specific suspensions for yellow cards in the following competitions:

• Premier League
  • EFL
  • National League
  • Emirates FA Cup
  • EFL Cup
  • Buildbase FA Trophy

Therefore, the cut-off dates for receiving a sanction as a result of accumulating cautions in league matches only are:

Number of cautions  Cut-off date [inclusive]
 Five [Premier League]  Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [EFL]  Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [National League]  Following 23 league fixtures
 10 [Premier League  Following 32 league fixtures 
 10 [EFL]  Following 37 league fixtures
 10 [National League]  Following 37 league fixtures
 15 [All leagues]  *End of the season**

The remaining competitions will carry suspensions in those competitions only when a player has received two yellow cards in that competition.

N.B. Discipline in the EFL Trophy is competition specific and remains unchanged from last season.

Jonny Margetts_ Overview Attributes.png

Edited by Scotty Walds

I have just won the Carabao Cup with Hull City, after which the game said I would enter the Europa League at the 2nd Qualifying Round. 

Fast forward to the following pre season and I have not been entered in the Europe League and England only has 2 teams entered. 

20 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

Last Game of the premier league is still broken.

2 3PM kick offs finishing before the 4pm games start.

Save was started in Beta if that makes any difference?

Save uploaded from just before the matches kick off

Save uploaed was called CrashOverride- Liverpool 

On 02/11/2018 at 17:11, J1102Y said:

Had an issue where I qualified for the ' Euro Cup Group Stage ' by finishing in 6th place in the English Premier Divison, However as the following season approached I noticed I had fixtures to play in the ' Euro Cup Qualifying Round 1/2/3 ' This should be the outcome of finishing in 7th place.

Hi there, do you have a save game from soon before the season updates (sometime around June before the 24th should do)? if so could you upload it to our cloud service to investigate please? Thanks

On 02/11/2018 at 18:11, J1102Y said:

Who has won the cups? Probably one of lower placed teams won FA or Carabao Cup?

On 03/11/2018 at 10:14, eprstockholm said:

I have an issue from the Checkatrade Trophy. The draw has just been made and I've received the following message:

a9e2701b-d165-4492-bb2e-d2a0c8d58859.png

A minimum of 0 players?

Thanks for raising this, I've logged a bug resulting from this information internally.