Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for England here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for England should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Not a league issue so to speak but in the League Cup, the 1st round draw is regionalised north/south in real life. I am playing as Leeds and were drawn against Swindon in the game, Fleetwood are playing Yeovil and so on. However it is correctly an unseeded draw.

"A total of 70 clubs played in the first round: 24 from League Two (tier 4), 24 from League One (tier 3), and 22 from the Championship (tier 2). The draw for this round was split on a geographical basis into 'northern' and 'southern' sections. Teams were drawn against a team from the same section."

Round 2 this season was not seeded or regionalised.

13 hours ago, tomjohnson93 said:

Bojan is suggested as the best right-back in the Championship even though he cannot play there

Moved to research forum.

4 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

Might not be an issue bu I wouldn't have expected a premier league registration window at the end of the european transfer window?

This is to reflect real life where Premier Division clubs can re-register their official squads between the end of their transfer window and the end of the European windows (in case they sell a player and want to add someone else at the club to the squad).

11 hours ago, TGEmmaUK said:

It says i can register 99 players that cant be right can it

This is intended, as in real life there is no limit to how many players EFL teams can register in their overall squad.

1 hour ago, Freddie Sands said:

This is to reflect real life where Premier Division clubs can re-register their official squads between the end of their transfer window and the end of the European windows (in case they sell a player and want to add someone else at the club to the squad).

Ahh makes sense when you put it like that.. 

First off, I'm assuming you have the licence for the National League as the badges and sponsors and logos are all there etc. 

However, the kits for every team are displaying incorrectly or have not been put in the game. For example, I am AFC Fylde and the home kit is displayed properly on the Club tab. However in game, the entire kit is blue and even when the other team has blue, it is blue, causing a horrible kit clash. The away kit for Fylde displays correctly in the match engine, however the actual away kit isn't on the Club tab (but the home kit is)

This is the story for many other teams - most having no licenced kits at all and just game generated ones. I think it's fine for a couple of clubs, I haven't been able to take proper notice. Leyton Orient are fine.

TL:DR National League kits are broken unless there's a reason for this mash up of licenced and game generated kits. Pictures below.

Screenshot_20181019-133759.png

Screenshot_20181019-133610.png

Screenshot_20181019-133748.png

Screenshot_20181019-133554.png

Screenshot_20181019-133602.png

afbc675b424207e6532c8b22b3ce433b.png

20 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Started with Walsall, Nicky Devlin has a suspension right at the start. Couldn’t use him in the game v the under 21s and he still has suspension after it also lol.

Thanks @Andrew_Goats_Gruff.

This is now under review.

7 hours ago, RyanCrumbz said:

First off, I'm assuming you have the licence for the National League as the badges and sponsors and logos are all there etc. 

However, the kits for every team are displaying incorrectly or have not been put in the game. For example, I am AFC Fylde and the home kit is displayed properly on the Club tab. However in game, the entire kit is blue and even when the other team has blue, it is blue, causing a horrible kit clash. The away kit for Fylde displays correctly in the match engine, however the actual away kit isn't on the Club tab (but the home kit is)

This is the story for many other teams - most having no licenced kits at all and just game generated ones. I think it's fine for a couple of clubs, I haven't been able to take proper notice. Leyton Orient are fine.

TL:DR National League kits are broken unless there's a reason for this mash up of licenced and game generated kits. Pictures below.

Screenshot_20181019-133602.png

afbc675b424207e6532c8b22b3ce433b.png

Yes I noticed this, it seems that most teams from League 2, National League Prem, and National League North/South all have generic kits either in the Match engine or Club tab, I’m guessing this could be because it’s just the beta version and it hasn’t been finalised, but if not this needs addressing. 

Edited by GKE20

Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right section so please move if need be.

My first issue is that local rivals(for example Manchester City/United) often both play at home in the same game week in the league which would never happen.

Second issue is that in the group draw for the champions league theres a few conutries who have three teams playing on the same day where as in real life they would be split equally.

Summary: When managing the U23 team, I can’t select any players, which effectively means I’m stuck.

Description of Issue: I’m Hemel Hempstead, who have no U23 side. I also selected no first team players to compete in that game due to a same day clash. I’ve set a tactic and selected a team from the squad screen, but nothing carries over into match day, meaning I can’t select any players.

Steps to Reproduce: Move all U23 players to the first team, go to match day. Cry inside and outside.

Files Uploaded to the SI Cloud Service: None, but I can do if required.

I had 3 players called up for international duty as Exeter City and wasn't given the option of postponing my game. Think this has been the case before?

When you have a good run in League One - you will get a news article which states your team is trying to prevent the previous champions retaining. This is wrong as the previous champions have been promoted and therefore can not retain the title.

image.thumb.png.50de4c30b048b878415049e01d95d7fe.png

The checkatrade trophy 1st round is supposed to be drawn geographically. I believe the official line is to give teams "less travel time", I (Peterborough United) have been drawn with Newport in my group :lol:

A bug? or just not a feasible thing to include

image.thumb.png.3e96f9ef0b3d5d2a05fdf9f1951701ba.png

The below is taken from the EFL website:

image.thumb.png.e28b1d7abc8bd2a36a38693d441bfe37.png

Dulwich have a friendly scheduled with Palace on the Monday after the Saturday opening day game and then play Wednesday, Saturday and Monday again. Leaving them with zero training days due to them being part time.

Two things wrong here

Liverpool and Everton both at home on the same day. 

Last game of the PL season all matches kick off at the same time.

Looks like the TV ones have been moved an hour earlier

last game.png

In the FA Trophy, you have the option of forcing extra time instead of having a replay. When selecting 'yes' to force extra time, you do get extra time but the match still goes to a replay if drawing after extra time - there are no penalties. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.37.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.38.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 14.42.01.png

On 20/10/2018 at 06:42, TheTom said:

Summary: When managing the U23 team, I can’t select any players, which effectively means I’m stuck.

Description of Issue: I’m Hemel Hempstead, who have no U23 side. I also selected no first team players to compete in that game due to a same day clash. I’ve set a tactic and selected a team from the squad screen, but nothing carries over into match day, meaning I can’t select any players.

Steps to Reproduce: Move all U23 players to the first team, go to match day. Cry inside and outside.

Files Uploaded to the SI Cloud Service: None, but I can do if required.

Hi there, I don't think I'm understanding here correctly - could you upload a save game to the cloud please? Thanks

On 20/10/2018 at 22:41, Somerfield On Tour said:

When you have a good run in League One - you will get a news article which states your team is trying to prevent the previous champions retaining. This is wrong as the previous champions have been promoted and therefore can not retain the title.

image.thumb.png.50de4c30b048b878415049e01d95d7fe.png

Hi there, do you have a save game from soon before this inbox item appears? If so could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

On 21/10/2018 at 13:30, MeltonPosh said:

The checkatrade trophy 1st round is supposed to be drawn geographically. I believe the official line is to give teams "less travel time", I (Peterborough United) have been drawn with Newport in my group :lol:

A bug? or just not a feasible thing to include

image.thumb.png.3e96f9ef0b3d5d2a05fdf9f1951701ba.png

The below is taken from the EFL website:

image.thumb.png.e28b1d7abc8bd2a36a38693d441bfe37.png

Thanks Melton, I've logged a bug from this as I couldn't find any particular examples that this was necessarily in place.

17 hours ago, CrashOverride said:

Two things wrong here

Liverpool and Everton both at home on the same day. 

Last game of the PL season all matches kick off at the same time.

Looks like the TV ones have been moved an hour earlier

Thanks, I've logged these issues now.

1 hour ago, FMJames2011 said:

In the FA Trophy, you have the option of forcing extra time instead of having a replay. When selecting 'yes' to force extra time, you do get extra time but the match still goes to a replay if drawing after extra time - there are no penalties. 

Hi there, do you happen to have a save game from soon before that Inbox item appears asking if you would like to arrange extra time? Thanks

4 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I don't think I'm understanding here correctly - could you upload a save game to the cloud please? Thanks

Yep, I've done that as U23-greyed-out.fm. Hopefully I haven't simply been a raging idiot here.

14 hours ago, TheTom said:

Yep, I've done that as U23-greyed-out.fm. Hopefully I haven't simply been a raging idiot here.

Hi Tom, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you're having. With your save game I've selected a tactic and squad via the U23 Tactics Overview screen and have progressed into the match without any of the non-grey U23 players in the U23 squad. Is there a specific set of steps to buttons to select which reproduces the issue from your save?

Into my second season with Lincoln and my first year scholars who are now second year scholars appear to be too old to play for U18 team. I have checked my data files and all of the players I added have the year of birth as 2001 as requested, but the game appears to be generating the date of births before 1/9/2001 thus making them ineligible when in effect they would be able to play as second year scholars.

save game loaded as Lincoln u18 ineligble

Teams in Sky Bet League One don't have any under 23 teams. Playing as Walsall and no side has an u23 yet League Two does

8 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi Tom, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you're having. With your save game I've selected a tactic and squad via the U23 Tactics Overview screen and have progressed into the match without any of the non-grey U23 players in the U23 squad. Is there a specific set of steps to buttons to select which reproduces the issue from your save?

I go to the U23 screen and select a tactic and formation, but don't see any players. Same with going through to the match. I've attached screenshots to show what I'm seeing both within the tactics screen, and on match day.

For reference, I'm on a MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave (although this save was created under the old macOS).

shot01.png

shot02.png

On 20/10/2018 at 00:35, Pickles0303 said:

Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right section so please move if need be.

My first issue is that local rivals(for example Manchester City/United) often both play at home in the same game week in the league which would never happen.

Second issue is that in the group draw for the champions league theres a few conutries who have three teams playing on the same day where as in real life they would be split equally.

I’m not sure why my post has been moved here and lost in the shuffle as this isn’t a league specific issue, I just used United and City as an example.

The Champions league issue also has nothing to do with the English league. 

😡😡😡

Loan Rules for the National League and National League North/South seem to be incorrect...

6.6.2 Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term Loans during a Playing Season. The minimum period of a Short Term Loan transfer must be twenty-eight (28) days with a maximum period to the end of the Playing Season.

Below is the National League...no mention at all of Short Term loans

image.thumb.png.f6f42c390b61801688d2a805dacf2638.png

Below is the North/South and the short term loan limit is 8 when the rules (above) clearly state 12.

image.thumb.png.9dbe4aba436fa889b966b52c727076e7.png

Premier League last round, not all matches starts at the same time.

Furthermore only 2 teams have chance to win the EPL (Man United and Arsenal, good old days :D ) and they play at different time...

(not to mention that you know at 16:00 the full time result of a match started at 15:00 :D )

Nem található automatikus leírás.

Edited by MangerdWanlar

Hi guys, 

Unsure if this is an issue or I am completely missing something but have looked for an answer for a while, post-Brexit championship (preseason second season), a young Norwegian player on loan from Brighton. 
Nothing is said about any issues with registration or work permit when I sign him but when I go to register the player I just get INE on the screen and can't figure out why he is Ineligible? also, 3 players I have taken extended loans on have all failed to get work permits but I wasn't informed of this post loan agreement. 

To reproduce check the registration screen.  save game uploaded called: 

• potential registration bug.fm

so i think the issue might be work permit related and with the wages (8k or 3k) but if a loan player doesnt have a salary of over 8k or over 3k then why does it let you loan the player?

Hi,

Playing as Manchester United in my first season I won the Carabao Cup and finished 6th in the League however I have not qualified for the Europa League for some reason. I believe the winners of the Carabao Cup are meant to enter the Europa League qualifying at some point but this hasn't happened. Also when I go onto the Qualification Places page in the 'Europe' tab, it says that Spain, England, Italy and Germany all get 5 places in the Champions League Group Stage and although this hasn't actually took place in game, it shouldn't say this in the Qualification Places page.

Many Thanks

allowing me to break the rules of the league in prem by getting 3 domestic long term loans 2 of which from man city. and allowing me to register them all

https://gyazo.com/2915359dbd2aab2a26a0ccb8702e0490

On 24/10/2018 at 22:05, FreddyGuarin16 said:

so i think the issue might be work permit related and with the wages (8k or 3k) but if a loan player doesnt have a salary of over 8k or over 3k then why does it let you loan the player?

This is correct, the player is ineligible due to player not being eligible for a work permit. That said you are correct, there should be a warning when making loan offers as opposed to transfers - I'm logging a bug for this now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

22 hours ago, Matthew Harwood said:

Hi,

Playing as Manchester United in my first season I won the Carabao Cup and finished 6th in the League however I have not qualified for the Europa League for some reason. I believe the winners of the Carabao Cup are meant to enter the Europa League qualifying at some point but this hasn't happened. Also when I go onto the Qualification Places page in the 'Europe' tab, it says that Spain, England, Italy and Germany all get 5 places in the Champions League Group Stage and although this hasn't actually took place in game, it shouldn't say this in the Qualification Places page.

Many Thanks

Hi there, do you have a save game from before this season finishes? if so could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

It was fixed for a while but I am once again playing all matches,First team U23s and U18s. Is it because I have a Mac?

the league cup has no prize money with winning each round. making LLM games much more difficult 

Screenshot 2018-10-27 at 11.21.53.png

Hello, I also have an issue with the League Cup and being put into the Europa League.

I won the League Cup with Cardiff and finished 10th in the League, but have not been put into a continental competition afterwards. The Wolves who finished 7th have been awarded a EL place however. I have an autosavegame from the 15th of June of that season before the season officially rolls over and the next season begins, if that is of any help.

On 26/10/2018 at 15:53, Freddie Sands said:

This is correct, the player is ineligible due to player not being eligible for a work permit. That said you are correct, there should be a warning when making loan offers as opposed to transfers - I'm logging a bug for this now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

no worries! thanks, it means i target loans over 8k wages now so i can play them,  would be nice if the money you pay per month counted towards that 8k work permit wage so it would be away around it? 
Cheers again!