Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Denmark] (Official) League Specific Issues

I'm experiencing this issue with 7 substitutes being allowed per match in the Superliga. I tried to play through a season to see if it would change next year, but it was the same. Thereafter I made a new career to see if it was a rare bug, but once again it allows 7 subs per match on a fresh database 19.1 start.

After looking through the editor, this is the allowed number of substitutions for the prel. phase, championship and relegation phase. Once reaching season 20/21, you will only be allowed 3 subs on the bench which is also a major bug. I've tried to verify the integrity of game files a couple of times, but without luck. I really hope this gets fixed as soon as possible, the season is literally unplayable.

superligabug.png

8 hours ago, innerjo said:

I'm experiencing this issue with 7 substitutes being allowed per match in the Superliga. I tried to play through a season to see if it would change next year, but it was the same. Thereafter I made a new career to see if it was a rare bug, but once again it allows 7 subs per match on a fresh database 19.1 start.

After looking through the editor, this is the allowed number of substitutions for the prel. phase, championship and relegation phase. Once reaching season 20/21, you will only be allowed 3 subs on the bench which is also a major bug. I've tried to verify the integrity of game files a couple of times, but without luck. I really hope this gets fixed as soon as possible, the season is literally unplayable.

superligabug.png

Thank you @innerjo we are aware of the substitution issue in the superliga and this is already under review

There seems to be an issue with the revised rules in season 3 (2020/2021) also. 

It separates the 12 teams in 2 x 6 (Championship Group and Relegations Stage) just fine. 

Then it starts to get tricky. The rules for the Relegations Stage says that the top two teams qualify for European Places Playoff (should be + "First Round"). The rules for these specifies that the winner qualifies for the European Places Playoff Second Round (should be "Final Round" instead of "Second Round").

The rules for the Championship Group specifies that team in 4th position qualifies for European Places Playoff Final (should be "Final Round" instead of just "Final"). Btw - shouldn't this be dynamic, so if a country gets more European places, the rules for the Qualification place from the Championship Group should change accordingly from 4th to 5th??

The thing is that the Final Round is never scheduled. The 5 European places is just given to the 5 top places in the Championship Group.

I quickly want to mention that in my game Denmark is 14th in the Nation Club Coefficients and therefore have 5 European Places (two in the Champions Cup and three ind the Euro Cup).

What to do?

My version is 19.2.0 and I'm on Monday June 7th 2021.

18 minutes ago, comoholic said:

There seems to be an issue with the revised rules in season 3 (2020/2021) also. 

It separates the 12 teams in 2 x 6 (Championship Group and Relegations Stage) just fine. 

Then it starts to get tricky. The rules for the Relegations Stage says that the top two teams qualify for European Places Playoff (should be + "First Round"). The rules for these specifies that the winner qualifies for the European Places Playoff Second Round (should be "Final Round" instead of "Second Round").

The rules for the Championship Group specifies that team in 4th position qualifies for European Places Playoff Final (should be "Final Round" instead of just "Final"). Btw - shouldn't this be dynamic, so if a country gets more European places, the rules for the Qualification place from the Championship Group should change accordingly from 4th to 5th??

The thing is that the Final Round is never scheduled. The 5 European places is just given to the 5 top places in the Championship Group.

I quickly want to mention that in my game Denmark is 14th in the Nation Club Coefficients and therefore have 5 European Places (two in the Champions Cup and three ind the Euro Cup).

What to do?

My version is 19.2.0 and I'm on Monday June 7th 2021.

@Alix.Humphries, in defect 181227, on 2 August 2018, I requested the following rules as of the 2020/2021 season:

"the winner of the relegation stage (i.e. league position 7) will play the best placed team from the championship stage that did not win a European spot in a two-legged European play-off (same rules as now, just remember to ensure that a team that qualified for Europe through the Danish Cup will never play in the European play-off)"

Q&A marked the defect "fix verified" on 26 October 2018, so not sure what went wrong. 

Contrary to what's posted by @comoholic above, it's actually only the winner of the relegation stage that qualifies for the European places play-off against a team from the championship stage.

Can you please log this issue?

13 hours ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @innerjo we are aware of the substitution issue in the superliga and this is already under review

Do we know how this suddenly went from 3 to 7 subs without anyone requesting it?

8 minutes ago, Nørbæk said:

@Alix.Humphries, in defect 181227, on 2 August 2018, I requested the following rules as of the 2020/2021 season:

"the winner of the relegation stage (i.e. league position 7) will play the best placed team from the championship stage that did not win a European spot in a two-legged European play-off (same rules as now, just remember to ensure that a team that qualified for Europe through the Danish Cup will never play in the European play-off)"

Q&A marked the defect "fix verified" on 26 October 2018, so not sure what went wrong. 

Contrary to what's posted by @comoholic above, it's actually only the winner of the relegation stage that qualifies for the European places play-off against a team from the championship stage.

Can you please log this issue?

If needed I can upload the game (tomorrow).

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:20, Alix.Humphries said:

Please remember that the Danish Cup under some circumstances uses the sub rules from the Danish Superliga. You might want to check if that needs fixing, too.

But remember that the cup often uses sub rules from other competitions, too.

12 hours ago, comoholic said:

If needed I can upload the game (tomorrow).

Thank you @comoholic if you have a save from before championship/relegation switch could you upload it using the below method

There is an error in Superligaen and 1st division

The squad registration rules say "minimum of 4 players trained in the same nation for 3 years before 21st birthday"

It should say "minimum of 8 players trained in the same nation for 3 years before 21st birthday"

The last part of §14.2:  
https://www.dbu.dk/turneringer_og_resultater/love_og_regler/landsdaekkende_turneringer/turneringspropositioner/propositioner_for_danmarksturneringen - It is in Danish.

5 hours ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @comoholic if you have a save from before championship/relegation switch could you upload it using the below method

Of course. I've uploadet two saves. My current and a save 3 matches before the separation into Championship Group and Relegation Stage.

They're called "comoholic - current save" and "comoholic - save before split".

I'm looking forward to your respons :-).

On 19/12/2018 at 16:08, comoholic said:

Of course. I've uploadet two saves. My current and a save 3 matches before the separation into Championship Group and Relegation Stage.

They're called "comoholic - current save" and "comoholic - save before split".

I'm looking forward to your respons :-).

Thank you @comoholic this is now under review

On 19/12/2018 at 15:48, Qwenned said:

The squad registration rules say "minimum of 4 players trained in the same nation for 3 years before 21st birthday"

It should say "minimum of 8 players trained in the same nation for 3 years before 21st birthday"

The last part of §14.2:  
https://www.dbu.dk/turneringer_og_resultater/love_og_regler/landsdaekkende_turneringer/turneringspropositioner/propositioner_for_danmarksturneringen - It is in Danish.

Thank you @Qwenned this has now been logged for review

On 19/12/2018 at 16:48, Qwenned said:

The last part of §14.2:  

This is not entirely correct.

The real life rules say a) 4 players trained in the nation (3 years in the nation before 21) and b) 4 players trained at the club (3 years at the club before 21).

I believe those rules are already correctly set in the game. If not, then something happened for FM19 which I did not request, as the rules have been correct in previous versions.

3 hours ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @Qwenned this has now been logged for review

Please hold your horses. Please see my post just above.

23 hours ago, Nørbæk said:

This is not entirely correct.

The real life rules say a) 4 players trained in the nation (3 years in the nation before 21) and b) 4 players trained at the club (3 years at the club before 21).

I believe those rules are already correctly set in the game. If not, then something happened for FM19 which I did not request, as the rules have been correct in previous versions.

As all players there are trained at the club also are trained in the nation, it needs to be 8 players trained in the nation in total. If not "rule a" would not need to exist.

29 minutes ago, Qwenned said:

As all players there are trained at the club also are trained in the nation, it needs to be 8 players trained in the nation in total. If not "rule a" would not need to exist.

Let's say Club A loans out a player to Club B (That is under 21), during the loan period the amount of days at Club A will not go up.
I'm pretty sure that's why they rules are how they are, like Nørbæk said.

On 20/12/2018 at 18:08, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @comoholic this is now under review

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

I've holidayed a little further and took a look on the Rules pages. There actually seems to be another "glitch" :-). It indicates that there are 3 rounds of Playoffs. I reality there should be only two: "First round" and "Final round".

The funny thing is that when the Championship/Relegation stage are completed (just before the playoffs are announced), the second round actually disappears?!

Rules - drop-down.PNG

10 hours ago, comoholic said:

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

I've holidayed a little further and took a look on the Rules pages. There actually seems to be another "glitch" :-). It indicates that there are 3 rounds of Playoffs. I reality there should be only two: "First round" and "Final round".

The funny thing is that when the Championship/Relegation stage are completed (just before the playoffs are announced), the second round actually disappears?!

Rules - drop-down.PNG

Please disregard the comment about the European play-off, as it's not correct. There is a bug, as as of the 20/21 season there shouldn't be 3 rounds in the European play-off. However, there shouldn't be 2 either as suggested in this post.

Please see my response in my post from Tuesday on 22:35.

In FM in the "Superliga" you are allow to substitute 7 players in a game, which is not true. You are only allowed to substitute 3 players in a game.

On 21/12/2018 at 22:56, Girafi said:

Let's say Club A loans out a player to Club B (That is under 21), during the loan period the amount of days at Club A will not go up.
I'm pretty sure that's why they rules are how they are, like Nørbæk said.

No because then you would not have enough players trained in your club.

IRL you can have a squad that looks like this:

4 trained at the club
4 trained in the nation
17 players trained in abroad

As the 4 players that are trained in the club also are trained in the nation the total number of players trained in the nation is 8.

As the rules are now in FM you can have a squad that looks like this:

4 trained at the club
21 players trained in abroad

12 hours ago, Qwenned said:

No because then you would not have enough players trained in your club.

IRL you can have a squad that looks like this:

4 trained at the club
4 trained in the nation
17 players trained in abroad

As the 4 players that are trained in the club also are trained in the nation the total number of players trained in the nation is 8.

As the rules are now in FM you can have a squad that looks like this:

4 trained at the club
21 players trained in abroad

Hmmm, you're correct. This is a strange one as it used to be 8 home grown in the nation, of which 4 need to be home grown at the club.

For some reason the rules have been changed in-game.

The rules need to be the following:

- 25 players registered

- 8 of those need to be home grown in the nation

- 4 of those 8 need to be home grown at the club

I've logged this with SI.

Thanks for being persistent about it, appreciate it :thup:

On 18/10/2018 at 15:15, Mr_Demus said:

Danish teams have both a reserve team and a team called "Club II". Shouldn't there only be one reserve team?

I have the same question than you...

On 18/10/2018 at 15:15, Mr_Demus said:

Danish teams have both a reserve team and a team called "Club II". Shouldn't there only be one reserve team?

I have the same question than you...

Posted (edited)

I was about to start with Brondby but then i noticed the bugs ' 7 subs used ' and having a B team and Reserve team at the same time are not fixed ??

I think a save in Denmark is not possible with those two bugs ? or am I wrong ?

Edited by Olivierlandman

On 07/01/2019 at 20:49, Olivierlandman said:

I was about to start with Brondby but then i noticed the bugs ' 7 subs used ' and having a B team and Reserve team at the same time are not fixed ??

I think a save in Denmark is not possible with those two bugs ? or am I wrong ?

Completely agree - The Danish Superliga is basically unplayable with these major bugs.

Quite disappointing that it hasn’t been fixed yet. Does anyone know when a fix can be expected?

No news, unfortunately. I’m chasing SI in order to get the issues fixed.

Apologies for the bugs.

I started with Brondby .. after i downloaded the FM Scout database update; Everything was solved in that database (and fourth division was added)..

Sad i had to do it like that(don't like using downloads) .. but i'm enjoying my save.

On 10/01/2019 at 15:09, Olivierlandman said:

I started with Brondby .. after i downloaded the FM Scout database update; Everything was solved in that database (and fourth division was added)..

Sad i had to do it like that(don't like using downloads) .. but i'm enjoying my save.

What do you mean by “everything”, please? Does the update solve the substitution rules issue?

On 11/01/2019 at 09:56, Nørbæk said:

What do you mean by “everything”, please? Does the update solve the substitution rules issue?

Yes the update from FM scout solved the sub rules issue.

1 hour ago, Olivierlandman said:

Yes the update from FM scout solved the sub rules issue.

Awesome. Do you have a link?

I am impressed we have heard nothing about the 7 sub bug still.

Is it being fixed or did you just put it down in the order?

At least give the fans some knowledge. We pay for your game and for you to exist....

2 hours ago, HRz said:

I am impressed we have heard nothing about the 7 sub bug still.

Is it being fixed or did you just put it down in the order?

At least give the fans some knowledge. We pay for your game and for you to exist....

The fix is being tested over the next few days to make sure the rule is correctly implemented in the relevant divisions. 

Just started a save with Randers. On the rules for the league, says 7 subs allowed during a game?? Surely this is a bug 

On 25/01/2019 at 16:40, jsteve90 said:

Just started a save with Randers. On the rules for the league, says 7 subs allowed during a game?? Surely this is a bug 

It's something we are testing a fix too. Thanks. 

Will we soon see a fix? It is sad to no be able to play in your own country FM-wise due to the league being unplayable with 7 subs....................

Perhaps I'm not following, but in my save there's only 3 subs possible:

image.thumb.png.a36377a4c7abc227f2ce5aeea4d39d79.png

To my knowledge it has never been a problem with to many subs possible?!

I'm in 2026 now - maybe it changes in later seasons?

guys, has anyone experienced realistic Danish Superliga relegation stage groups?

on my game, the 4 teams with most points ended up in group A, which seems very, very strange.

3 hours ago, Nørbæk said:

guys, has anyone experienced realistic Danish Superliga relegation stage groups?

on my game, the 4 teams with most points ended up in group A, which seems very, very strange.

Agreed - it's very strange.

The first two seasons should see number 11 and 14 in group A and number 12 and 13 in group B. Number 7 and 8 hereafter chooses which group they want to be in. Should they differ number 9 also gets to choose - if number 8 chooses the same group as number 7, number 9 and 10 gets placed in the remaining spots i the other group.

I've had the same save since release, and have never been in the relegation groups, so I haven't participated in the "choosing proces", but the placement of numbers 11 - 14 has been as it should be in seasons 18/19 and 19/20.

I also haven't experienced the above mentioned (many have mentioned the same issue) about 7 possible substitutes.

On 01/02/2019 at 20:56, comoholic said:

Perhaps I'm not following, but in my save there's only 3 subs possible:

image.thumb.png.a36377a4c7abc227f2ce5aeea4d39d79.png

To my knowledge it has never been a problem with to many subs possible?!

I'm in 2026 now - maybe it changes in later seasons?

The bug is only applicable in new saves with the official DB update.

But the bug is still not fixed (15th February 2019)

16 hours ago, pallemanden1 said:

The bug is only applicable in new saves with the official DB update.

But the bug is still not fixed (15th February 2019)

So the bug is actually part of an update. Hmmm. Haven't begun a new game since release, so that's probably why I haven'r experienced it.

You are only allowed to use 3 substitutes in the Danish league... Right now you can substitute your entire bench 

Everybody keeps talking about the problem - but nothing is being done from SI...

Not sure if this is an actual bug but there is something strange going on with the attendance to HB Køge matches in my Danish save. After the winter break in the first season they are suddenly filling up their stadium in every match (9-10,000 ppl) whereas  before the winter break they only had 900-1000 per home game. In season 2 they are now in the Superliga and continue to have one of the highest average attendances in Denmark even though they are in the very bottom of the table... Does not seem very realistic?

2 hours ago, Jravn said:

Not sure if this is an actual bug but there is something strange going on with the attendance to HB Køge matches in my Danish save. After the winter break in the first season they are suddenly filling up their stadium in every match (9-10,000 ppl) whereas  before the winter break they only had 900-1000 per home game. In season 2 they are now in the Superliga and continue to have one of the highest average attendances in Denmark even though they are in the very bottom of the table... Does not seem very realistic?

Thanks @Jravn - Can I get a save with the high attendances? It does seem very strange.