Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

another disciplinary change, for the leagues it is set up as 6 yellows = 1 match ban, 12 yellows = 2 match ban etc, it has changed for this season similar to the English set up, it is now 6 yellows = 1 match ban if the 6th yellow is received before/during the 19th game in the Premier League or 18th game in the other 3 leagues ie the half way point in the leagues, after that point its 12 yellows = 2 match ban. 18 yellows = 3 match ban.

the reserve leagues however do not need changed, the changes only apply to the full leagues.

Ongoing and frustrating Issue! 

Clyde FC now in the Championship for the 2nd season and since being promoted from League 2 I have been invited by the board to have Reserve and U18 enter into a league every season. Each time I have accepted and each time NO leagues are entered! 

reserves invite.JPG

U18 invite.JPG

reserves schedule.jpg

U18 schedule.jpg

On 26/01/2019 at 00:09, GJS93 said:

another disciplinary change, for the leagues it is set up as 6 yellows = 1 match ban, 12 yellows = 2 match ban etc, it has changed for this season similar to the English set up, it is now 6 yellows = 1 match ban if the 6th yellow is received before/during the 19th game in the Premier League or 18th game in the other 3 leagues ie the half way point in the leagues, after that point its 12 yellows = 2 match ban. 18 yellows = 3 match ban.

Hey @GJS93 - Do you have a link to support this change? I've had a look through some SPFL documents and I couldn't find this one. Thanks.  

Not sure if this is an issue or I'm just missing something obvious. My Irn-Bru Cup Match Rules state that the match squad cannot have any players aged over 21. I can completely ignore this rule, it doesn't show during my team selection, other teams frequently ignore it as well. I'm playing as Albion Rovers.

On 29/01/2019 at 00:29, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @Parkera - Do you have a save from before when you pick the Accept button? Thanks. 

Yes I do. 

Ah I've misunderstood the wording then. My initial interpretation was that having a full match squad under 21 automatically classified it as a Youth Team, not that this rule was only applicable to Youth Teams and other teams were exempt. Working as intended then.

On 01/02/2019 at 22:08, Parkera said:

Yes I do. 

Could you please upload it to the cloud via the cloud service? Thanks. 

any further news on the betfred cup issues raised on page 3 by scottmcl84? I have managed to change a few things using the editor but having no luck whatsoever with those, reluctant to start a long term Scottish save without it being sorted :(

Posted (edited)

The Challenge Cup has got even worse in terms of selecting the wrong teams from the second season onwards. It is now getting the correct Irish sides. However, it's now stuck using the Irish rule of the best two teams not to qualify for Europe (rather than just the top two) for Northern Ireland and Wales as well. Additionally, rather than the top two non-promoted sides from the English National League, it's taking the two sides relegated from League Two.

Edited by Spurs08

On 05/02/2019 at 18:16, GJS93 said:

any further news on the betfred cup issues raised on page 3 by scottmcl84? I have managed to change a few things using the editor but having no luck whatsoever with those, reluctant to start a long term Scottish save without it being sorted :(

They all appear to be fixed now in 19.3.

it does, a few other errors seem to have appeared though from number of games a trialist can play at 6, days/kick off times for the playoff games still wrong, reserve games played on Saturdays a new one.

some of those are quite simple to change but very randomly after doing so the set fixtures from this season in the leagues which I left alone become randomised with random midweek dates...its just one thing after another!

I think I've fixed the Challenge Cup in the Editor. It doesn't seem very complicated, it just looks like somebody has set it incorrectly. Tested until 2032/33 and the team selections are now correct as I understand it - the top two in the Welsh and Northern Irish leagues, the top two not to qualify for Europe in the Irish league, and the top two not to be promoted in the English National League.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/buipgte0tqv3bd2/Challenge_Cup_Fixes.fmf/file

On 01/03/2019 at 21:39, Spurs08 said:

The Challenge Cup has got even worse in terms of selecting the wrong teams from the second season onwards. It is now getting the correct Irish sides. However, it's now stuck using the Irish rule of the best two teams not to qualify for Europe (rather than just the top two) for Northern Ireland and Wales as well. Additionally, rather than the top two non-promoted sides from the English National League, it's taking the two sides relegated from League Two.

I've logged this to be corrected. 

IRN Bru Cup open question for people in this thread - Can two clubs from the same nation play each other in the round where they all enter? 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I've logged this to be corrected. 

IRN Bru Cup open question for people in this thread - Can two clubs from the same nation play each other in the round where they all enter? 

They can not, but they can from the round afterwards :)

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/format

Another error I've spotted too. In-game, all matches go straight to pens if drawn. In real life this only applies up until the QF, according to this press release and the fact that a SF went to extra-time:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/irn-bru-cup-rule-changes-announced

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Semi-finals

I've also noticed that contrary to what I said before, something is still wrong with the seeding for the League ("Betfred") Cup second round - I've had two teams who should've been seeded drawn against each other and another two unseededs paired together. The game doesn't show seeding during the draw, and this appears to be a fairly rare error - I've simulated fifteen years and only found one case where it seems to have gone wrong (obviously happening in the first season of my proper save :D), I have the save available if that helps.

32 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

They can not, but they can from the round afterwards :)

https://spfl.co.uk/league/challenge-cup/format

Another error I've spotted too. In-game, all matches go straight to pens if drawn. In real life this only applies up until the QF, according to this press release and the fact that a SF went to extra-time:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/irn-bru-cup-rule-changes-announced

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Semi-finals

I've also noticed that contrary to what I said before, something is still wrong with the seeding for the League ("Betfred") Cup second round - I've had two teams who should've been seeded drawn against each other and another two unseededs paired together. The game doesn't show seeding during the draw, and this appears to be a fairly rare error - I've simulated fifteen years and only found one case where it seems to have gone wrong (obviously happening in the first season of my proper save :D), I have the save available if that helps.

Thank you for these - Added them to be corrected. 

On Football Manager Mobile ...

In real life, the 1st & 2nd place teams in the Welsh League qualify for the Irn Bru Cup in Scotland, but on FMM19 it looks like it's 2 random sides (maybe 2 highest who've not qualified for Europe). Could you fix that please, it makes the Welsh League more enjoyable to play if you can reliably play in that (you could on FMM17 so not sure why the change?).

From 19/20, it'll be the league champions and Nathanial MG Cup winners who qualify, with 2nd place in the league taking the spot if the same team wins both: http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/nathaniel-mg-cup-changes-201920/ 

On 27/01/2019 at 17:38, Parkera said:

Ongoing and frustrating Issue! 

Clyde FC now in the Championship for the 2nd season and since being promoted from League 2 I have been invited by the board to have Reserve and U18 enter into a league every season. Each time I have accepted and each time NO leagues are entered! 

reserves invite.JPG

U18 invite.JPG

reserves schedule.jpg

U18 schedule.jpg

I am experiencing the same issue as Albion Rovers. Invited to Under 18's, accepted, but no Under 18's squad/ fixtures added. Is this the same issue raised on an earlier page and is "Under review" by @Ed Hewison?

Posted (edited)

Since the winter update patch, the loan rules for all 4 Divisions are suddenly wrong. 

In game it says  “a maximum of 4 domestic-based players allowed on loan in a season.” It should be “maximum of 4 domestic based players allowed on loan at one time.”

”Maximum of 5 players allowed on loan at one time” and “maximum of four outfield players allowed on loan at a time” need removed completely. There are no restrictions on the number of international loans. St Mirren currently have 9 players on loan with 7 of them outfield. My club Falkirk, also have 7 players currently on loan.

SPFL Rules

57 Subject to Regulations 60, a Club shall not, at any one time, have more than:-
(i) one Player League Registered with it on the basis of a Temporary Transfer from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;
(ii) two Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself; and
(iii) in aggregate, including Players falling within Regulations 57(i) and 57(ii), four Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from Scottish Football clubs.

International Temporary Transfers
Nothing in these Regulations shall have the effect of imposing any limit on the number of Players a Club shall be permitted to have Scottish FA Registered and/or League Registered with that Club at any time and/or over any period of time on the basis of a Temporary Transfer(s) where such Temporary Transfer(s) has/have required, in order to take place, the issue of an International Transfer Certificate(s) or its equivalent

Edited by Giro

17 hours ago, AlexJames said:

I am experiencing the same issue as Albion Rovers. Invited to Under 18's, accepted, but no Under 18's squad/ fixtures added. Is this the same issue raised on an earlier page and is "Under review" by @Ed Hewison?

I flagged this up back in November and it was "under review" as from 5th December. So I guess we should all take "under review" as "swept under the carpet".

7 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @AlexJames - do you have a save game before you press the accept? Thanks. 

Unfortunately not, I only maintain a single save and have obviously progressed past this date now. Seems to have occurred for a couple of Users on this thread, so shouldn't be too hard to try to replicate by holidaying through a single season? Will take me a number of weeks to get to the end of my next season

The away shirts situation is absolutely ridiculous. 

Why are Celtic still wearing away shirts at Ibrox? It's a rookie mistake, and one the editor still won't let us correct.

Honestly, what the Hell?