Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

@Ed Hewison

I think the news items generate on the in-game date of 23/6. I can't actually recall the date of the save uploaded, so here is one for 1/6 - The Wee Rovers (v02).fm

Cheers

Edited by NicWar
correction

On 19/11/2018 at 14:01, Ed Hewison said:

Thanks @wardog

This is being looked at now.

The above (Work Permits using the English league data) is still an issue, With the new Rules after leaving the EU its almost impossible to get a work permit for anybody

17ee5b4beeaf1d9076e439d5c86d2e0f.jpg

The transfer fee's are for the English league (and link to the EPL

3 points above 8.25m
2 points above 4m
10 of the teams in the league haven't spent 4m between them in 18months, Nobody has spent 8.25m on a player & only 3 players have been bought for over 4m

The alternative where the work permit is based on wages is also based on the English league and means that 10 of the teams can't sign anyone

ZzzGX2X.png

Highest Wage outside of Rangers/Celtic is 5250 & even at 3k(youth competitions) the other 10 between them couldn't field a team + subs

Edited by Brady84

On 30/11/2018 at 16:12, NicWar said:

@Ed Hewison

I think the news items generate on the in-game date of 23/6. I can't actually recall the date of the save uploaded, so here is one for 1/6 - The Wee Rovers (v02).fm

Cheers

That's perfect. This is now under review.

Cheers @NicWar

On 03/12/2018 at 00:29, Brady84 said:

The above (Work Permits using the English league data) is still an issue, With the new Rules after leaving the EU its almost impossible to get a work permit for anybody

17ee5b4beeaf1d9076e439d5c86d2e0f.jpg

The transfer fee's are for the English league (and link to the EPL

3 points above 8.25m
2 points above 4m
10 of the teams in the league haven't spent 4m between them in 18months, Nobody has spent 8.25m on a player & only 3 players have been bought for over 4m

The alternative where the work permit is based on wages is also based on the English league and means that 10 of the teams can't sign anyone

ZzzGX2X.png

Highest Wage outside of Rangers/Celtic is 5250 & even at 3k(youth competitions) the other 10 between them couldn't field a team + subs

This is definitely something that we will be reviewing and discussing the impacts of.
Hopefully we will get more information from the SPFL in the near future as to what the correct situation is going to be.

On 27/11/2018 at 14:20, Ed Hewison said:

We will investigate to see what can be done. Cheers for providing these examples to us @gothenburg83

Just off the back of this, John Souttar has  been sold by Hearts for £17.25 million to Leicester in the first transfer window - now he's a decent player, but that fee is not realistic, in my opinion.

image.png

Separately, Tierney went to Liverpool for £38 million, which seemed high, but not totally beyond the realms.....

Edited by gothenburg83
add in another example

On 05/12/2018 at 18:59, gothenburg83 said:

Would any changes re Brexit work permit rules be save game compatible?

It would need a new save game. No changes are planned in the immediate future though, at the moment.

On 08/12/2018 at 11:08, gothenburg83 said:

Just off the back of this, John Souttar has  been sold by Hearts for £17.25 million to Leicester in the first transfer window - now he's a decent player, but that fee is not realistic, in my opinion.

image.png

Separately, Tierney went to Liverpool for £38 million, which seemed high, but not totally beyond the realms.....

We have got this under review and will be looking if there is any way we can reduce some of these fees to a more suitable level for the Scottish teams.

I would expect Tierney to be sold for above £30m. He is a high potential player who is wanted by a number of Premier League clubs.
Obviously this would break the record by some margin if it was to happen in real life.

3 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

We have got this under review and will be looking if there is any way we can reduce some of these fees to a more suitable level for the Scottish teams.

I would expect Tierney to be sold for above £30m. He is a high potential player who is wanted by a number of Premier League clubs.
Obviously this would break the record by some margin if it was to happen in real life.

Thanks Ed, although given post-Brexit wage levels, we may need the high transfer fee income to finance Scottish teams' wages for any foreign players in future years :eek:

I've just started a game with Hearts after not playing the last few versions and noticed an issue that the Betfred Cup group stages don't seem to have been set up right. From the SPFL site:

Prior to the draw the 40 participating teams are placed into one of three pots based on League positions at the end of season 2017/18 – 8 x 1st seeds, 8 x 2nd seeds and 24 x unseeded teams. Each of the pots is then individually split into two equal halves: North and South

However in the first season of my game there is a group of Alloa, Brechin, Montrose, Peterhead and Raith. This shouldn't be possible as all five should have been unseeded in the draw.

Relevant information is here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-draw-seedings-amp-numbers

Has anyone else been given an incredibly large gate receipt for the Scottish Cup semi final and final? I was given £2.59m combined TV money and gate receipts (looking at the finances I received £53k in TV money for the Scottish Cup that month, so it's mostly gate receipts). Assuming my share of the gate receipts are about the same as the other team receives, this is over £5m from one match when my record gate receipt for a Champions League match is only £1.6m. And this figure seems to increase year on year. In last years game I was getting £10m gate receipts for the semi final and another £10m for the final after about 15 seasons in.

scottishcupgatereceipts.jpg

5 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

I've just started a game with Hearts after not playing the last few versions and noticed an issue that the Betfred Cup group stages don't seem to have been set up right. From the SPFL site:

Prior to the draw the 40 participating teams are placed into one of three pots based on League positions at the end of season 2017/18 – 8 x 1st seeds, 8 x 2nd seeds and 24 x unseeded teams. Each of the pots is then individually split into two equal halves: North and South

However in the first season of my game there is a group of Alloa, Brechin, Montrose, Peterhead and Raith. This shouldn't be possible as all five should have been unseeded in the draw.

A smaller issue also related to the Betfred Cup:

- There shouldn't be a long wait between the group stage completing and the draw for the next round. In real life in all three years this format has existed the draw had taken place immediately after the last match (which has always been televised), however in the game it is scheduled nine days after the last match

Another couple of Betfred Cup issues:

- The second round draw should be seeded but it isn't. The four European teams and the four best group winners should be seeded as per the below

https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-cup/format

- The prize money isn't right. It's set to pay each 2nd place team in the group stage, but only the four teams who finish 2nd but don't qualify for the second round should receive prize money at this stage as per the below. Also I think it was paying £23k when it should be £25k, but not in front of FM so that may be wrong

https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-boost-for-spfl-clubs

10 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

- The second round draw should be seeded but it isn't. The four European teams and the four best group winners should be seeded as per the below

- The prize money isn't right. It's set to pay each 2nd place team in the group stage, but only the four teams who finish 2nd but don't qualify for the second round should receive prize money at this stage as per the below. Also I think it was paying £23k when it should be £25k, but not in front of FM so that may be wrong

https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-boost-for-spfl-clubs

Looking at the prize money more I think the values are wrong. This is what it should be:

Winner - £250k (correct)

Runner up - £115k (rather than £100k)

Lose in semi final - £80k (rather than £70k)

Lose in quarter final - £60k (rather than £50k)

Lose in second round - £35k (rather than £30k)

Finish 2nd in group and knocked out - £25k (rather than £23k to all teams)

Finish 3rd in group - £21k (rather than £19k)

Finish 4th in group - £19k (rather than £17k)

Finish 5th in group - £17k (rather than £15k)

This is based on the 17/18 figures from the above link but I don't think anything else was announced for 18/19 so believe these should be used. I didn't play FM18 so not sure what was used in that.

On 11/12/2018 at 18:52, scottmcl84 said:

Thanks a lot for the information, this is now under review

On 12/12/2018 at 00:14, scottmcl84 said:

A smaller issue also related to the Betfred Cup:

- There shouldn't be a long wait between the group stage completing and the draw for the next round. In real life in all three years this format has existed the draw had taken place immediately after the last match (which has always been televised), however in the game it is scheduled nine days after the last match

We have logged this for review

15 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

We were aware of this issue and it is already under review

4 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

Looking at the prize money more I think the values are wrong. This is what it should be:

Winner - £250k (correct)

Runner up - £115k (rather than £100k)

Lose in semi final - £80k (rather than £70k)

Lose in quarter final - £60k (rather than £50k)

Lose in second round - £35k (rather than £30k)

Finish 2nd in group and knocked out - £25k (rather than £23k to all teams)

Finish 3rd in group - £21k (rather than £19k)

Finish 4th in group - £19k (rather than £17k)

Finish 5th in group - £17k (rather than £15k)

This is based on the 17/18 figures from the above link but I don't think anything else was announced for 18/19 so believe these should be used. I didn't play FM18 so not sure what was used in that.

Finally, this has also been logged for review, Thank you @scottmcl84 great bugs raised with clear corroborating evidence

On 11/12/2018 at 21:08, Smoo said:

Has anyone else been given an incredibly large gate receipt for the Scottish Cup semi final and final? I was given £2.59m combined TV money and gate receipts (looking at the finances I received £53k in TV money for the Scottish Cup that month, so it's mostly gate receipts). Assuming my share of the gate receipts are about the same as the other team receives, this is over £5m from one match when my record gate receipt for a Champions League match is only £1.6m. And this figure seems to increase year on year. In last years game I was getting £10m gate receipts for the semi final and another £10m for the final after about 15 seasons in.

scottishcupgatereceipts.jpg

Thanks for the information @Smoo can you send us a save where your witnessing this payout, preferably from the day before the game is played in the semi final

Minor detail but There should be a Junior team from the west of Scotland Premiership included in the Scottish Cup qualifying round as well as the winner of the Scottish Junior cup. Hence why Auchinleck Talbot have made it to the 4th round vs Ayr and Beith made it to the third round this year. Also the winners of the Scottish amateur cup are included as well in the qualifying round, this year it was Shortlees but I’m not sure if that one will be possible don’t think there are any amateur teams in the DB? 

On 14/12/2018 at 15:48, Alix.Humphries said:

Finally, this has also been logged for review, Thank you @scottmcl84 great bugs raised with clear corroborating evidence

Thanks @Alix.Humphries. Without it wanting to come across like I'm obsessed with the Betfred Cup I think there's another issue!

I wanted to see what happens to the group stage when Scotland move up the European coefficients and get an extra European place. It keeps all five European teams out of the group stage, reduces one of the groups from five to four teams, and reduces the number of best 2nd placed teams qualifying from four to three, which all looks good.

However, the way it's set up means there's basically no chance of the 2nd placed team in the group of four qualifying since all other teams have played a game more than them. I think it should work in the same way as the World Cup qualifying where there is a table for 2nd placed teams and results between teams in the top four positions are used to sort teams in the second placed teams table. 

1 hour ago, scottmcl84 said:

Thanks @Alix.Humphries. Without it wanting to come across like I'm obsessed with the Betfred Cup I think there's another issue!

I wanted to see what happens to the group stage when Scotland move up the European coefficients and get an extra European place. It keeps all five European teams out of the group stage, reduces one of the groups from five to four teams, and reduces the number of best 2nd placed teams qualifying from four to three, which all looks good.

However, the way it's set up means there's basically no chance of the 2nd placed team in the group of four qualifying since all other teams have played a game more than them. I think it should work in the same way as the World Cup qualifying where there is a table for 2nd placed teams and results between teams in the top four positions are used to sort teams in the second placed teams table. 

Thanks @scottmcl84 as this is a hypothetical situation we have to go with a best guess as to a solution and whilst the chance of qualifying second is unlikely, the chance of qualifying first is increased, this is due to the teams in a group of four only playing 3 games compared to the other groups playing 4. But once the Scottish FA announce any format for this scenario, we can implement it.

25 minutes ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Thanks @scottmcl84 as this is a hypothetical situation we have to go with a best guess as to a solution and whilst the chance of qualifying second is unlikely, the chance of qualifying first is increased, this is due to the teams in a group of four only playing 3 games compared to the other groups playing 4. But once the Scottish FA announce any format for this scenario, we can implement it.

Fair enough, cheers.

On 17/12/2018 at 18:42, Chris Hamilton said:
Minor detail but There should be a Junior team from the west of Scotland Premiership included in the Scottish Cup qualifying round as well as the winner of the Scottish Junior cup. Hence why Auchinleck Talbot have made it to the 4th round vs Ayr and Beith made it to the third round this year. Also the winners of the Scottish amateur cup are included as well in the qualifying round, this year it was Shortlees but I’m not sure if that one will be possible don’t think there are any amateur teams in the DB? 

Thanks @Chris Hamilton, this is now under review

Was asked a question on introducing a winter break in a Prematch press conference while managing Rangers, which Scotland already has.

I started a save with TNS but i don't play IRN-Bru Cup, barry take my place in the cup in first season.

Currently managing Hearts and at the start of the season one of my goals was to qualify for the Euro cup through my league placement.

I have achieved this by finishing in 3rd place in the Premiership

image.thumb.png.7a82374a4b76383ee48dacd1820dc375.png

image.thumb.png.55467c16d128a1fddcc85a0927f22d77.png

However, my board are disappointed that we only managed a top half finish and did not qualify for the Euro Cup.  (It actually says #comp1 in the message)

image.thumb.png.afe5c0fa6d4f05ab7e195a6b264a44ef.png

I'm guessing this is a bug?

Hoping this is the right place to post this. Managing Partick Thistle in the IRN-BRU Cup and have scraped through to the quarterfinal with a very small u-21 team (only had 14 players for my last match away to TNS.)

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the first set of QF results on the other half of my bracket to see Dundee United winning 1-nil away to Raith with six players over age 24 in the match day team and the home team fielding eight players over age 22. Am I completely missing something here or is that in violation of the rules which state no players over age 21 can be in the match day squad?

4 minutes ago, tenthreeleader said:

Hoping this is the right place to post this. Managing Partick Thistle in the IRN-BRU Cup and have scraped through to the quarterfinal with a very small u-21 team (only had 14 players for my last match away to TNS.)

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the first set of QF results on the other half of my bracket to see Dundee United winning 1-nil away to Raith with six players over age 24 in the match day team and the home team fielding eight players over age 22. Am I completely missing something here or is that in violation of the rules which state no players over age 21 can be in the match day squad?

It's only Scottish Premiership teams who field 'colt' teams in this competition so will have rules around overage players. It's a first team competition for the rest of the teams.

Well, I'll be. I've been beating clubs with my kids, which is nice. Thanks for the clarification! 

Might I suggest someone at SI make an adjustment on the competition rules screen to reflect this?

On 25/12/2018 at 22:33, makul said:

I started a save with TNS but i don't play IRN-Bru Cup, barry take my place in the cup in first season.

This is under review. Cheers @makul

On 27/12/2018 at 22:49, deefus said:

Currently managing Hearts and at the start of the season one of my goals was to qualify for the Euro cup through my league placement.

I have achieved this by finishing in 3rd place in the Premiership

image.thumb.png.7a82374a4b76383ee48dacd1820dc375.png

image.thumb.png.55467c16d128a1fddcc85a0927f22d77.png

However, my board are disappointed that we only managed a top half finish and did not qualify for the Euro Cup.  (It actually says #comp1 in the message)

image.thumb.png.afe5c0fa6d4f05ab7e195a6b264a44ef.png

I'm guessing this is a bug?

Hi @deefus.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from where it is like this? 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

On 01/01/2019 at 17:01, tenthreeleader said:

Well, I'll be. I've been beating clubs with my kids, which is nice. Thanks for the clarification! 

Might I suggest someone at SI make an adjustment on the competition rules screen to reflect this?

Cheers @tenthreeleader. We will try to make this clearer.

4 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @deefus.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from where it is like this? 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

Ed,

The SICloud won't open for me, it just keeps timing out.

Is there somewhere else I could upload to?

Dave

On 04/01/2019 at 21:49, deefus said:

Ed,

The SICloud won't open for me, it just keeps timing out.

Is there somewhere else I could upload to?

Dave

OK, it is working now.

File uploaded is called Dave (v02).fm

It's probably a day or two after I received the message.

20 hours ago, deefus said:

OK, it is working now.

File uploaded is called Dave (v02).fm

It's probably a day or two after I received the message.

That's great. I think the Cloud was being updated over the weekend, that's why you were unable to upload a save.

Thanks so much for providing everything we needed to look at this one @deefus.

problem with loan signings being made after the transfer window, doing a national job with Scotland and noticed in the 2nd season Dunfermline in the championship have made 3 loan signings from English teams after the window closed on the 31st January. deals done on 10th February, 22nd February and 1st March.

I am experiencing some severe fixture congestion in Season 2 (2019-20) where I have 4 games in 6 days (Sun 8/3/20, Tues 10/3/20, Thurs 12/3/20 and Sat 14/3/20).

Thursday games are Europa League 2nd knockout round, while the other games are league games. 

After my game on 17/3/20, I will have a 10 day gap (assume due to internationals), but surely some space could have been created to alleviate the pile-up above. 

end of season playoff games played on Saturday's are all 730pm kick offs instead of 3pm!

20 hours ago, GJS93 said:

end of season playoff games played on Saturday's are all 730pm kick offs instead of 3pm!

Logged this to be looked at. Thank you for raising this. 

On 14/01/2019 at 23:22, GJS93 said:

problem with loan signings being made after the transfer window, doing a national job with Scotland and noticed in the 2nd season Dunfermline in the championship have made 3 loan signings from English teams after the window closed on the 31st January. deals done on 10th February, 22nd February and 1st March.

Hey @GJS93 - can you upload the save games where these moves have happened? I've been trying to get this to reproduce, but I haven't seen any signings like the one you described, Many thanks, 

On 14/01/2019 at 23:24, gothenburg83 said:

I am experiencing some severe fixture congestion in Season 2 (2019-20) where I have 4 games in 6 days (Sun 8/3/20, Tues 10/3/20, Thurs 12/3/20 and Sat 14/3/20).

Thursday games are Europa League 2nd knockout round, while the other games are league games. 

After my game on 17/3/20, I will have a 10 day gap (assume due to internationals), but surely some space could have been created to alleviate the pile-up above. 

Hi @gothenburg83.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. We have attempted to replicate this and the closest we have got is 3 games in a week, Sat, Thu, Sat.

Could you please provide a save game from before a game was scheduled for Tue 10/3/20? 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below. Cheers!

4 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @gothenburg83.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. We have attempted to replicate this and the closest we have got is 3 games in a week, Sat, Thu, Sat.

Could you please provide a save game from before a game was scheduled for Tue 10/3/20? 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below. Cheers!

Uploaded as AFC Career Game 19.2.0 (v03).fm

I think the issue seems to be around the Europa League Thursday games rather than the Tuesday game, or that the Tuesday game should have been moved when I got to the EL second knockout round.

9 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @GJS93 - can you upload the save games where these moves have happened? I've been trying to get this to reproduce, but I haven't seen any signings like the one you described, Many thanks, 

uploaded file "scottishloans.fm" , its a day after the final loan I listed happened.

moving into the following season from that save game, this time its after the summer window has shut 2 loans have been done to championship clubs so its not solely from the winter window.