Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 06/06/2019 at 14:51, CraigyM83 said:

Edit:- registered him when I put him in match squad for game day

I signed Gareth Bale as a free agent but it won’t allow me to register him even though serie A rules states free agents can be registered at any time. What gives?

Hi, if you have a save game from soon before signing him could you upload it to our cloud service please? If that's not possible then any saves after signing Bale will be just fine. Thanks

On 05/06/2019 at 17:06, Canoodle said:

Ah yes thank you for the response, it never occurred to me that signings made in real life before the start of the game would affect this, but it makes sense now that I think about it.

Having gone back to a save before I made the signing and repeating my steps to see if I simply missed something, I noticed as you say that there is no warning when making the transfer offer (the bullet points about eligibility of non-EU players were identical to Firmino's in the screenshot above) - there was however a warning within a block of text when it came to confirming the transfer which I obviously just missed.

I was wondering if you would be able to help me understand the effect this rule will have going forward into next season. Will Pedrinho automatically be able to be registered for next season as he was at the club before the season started, or will he still have to fill one of these criteria in order to be registered? I.e. I would have to sell someone again in the summer. This is a particular concern because I have another non-EU player (without the necessary caps) joining on a free transfer at the end of the season, so I could be faced with a situation where I'm not able to register one of them for next season either. 

Edit: turns out the other player being signed has a Belgian second nationality so I dodged a bullet there, but would still be interesting to know.

He would still need to fulfil one of the criteria for one of the slots indeed. So you could sell/release an existing non-EU player to make Pedrinho eligible, but for your new player you wouldn't be able to register him.

I have a problem with a regen I signed. I am aware of the rules concerning Non-EU players in Italy, but as I understand it I can sign a new Non-EU player each season. As there is a cap on the amount of Non-EU players in a squad, I sent two players on loan abroad, but I still cant register the player I bought. As it seemed to be a bug I used the editor to make player italian, and changed to him being trained in my club Milan for three years between age 15 and 21. Still cant register him. Cant register him for the Champions League either. Cant understand why.

Skjermbilde 2019-06-26 kl. 16.25.33.png

Posted (edited)

I have no fixtures whatsoever after my last preseason game. it says that the competition has not been scheduled yet when I open the league window.

also, I've been asked to register my squad for the league twice but it wont let me because there is no competition to register to

Edited by Leiflusehove
adde info

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @Leiflusehove - Do you have a save game where the competition hasn't scheduled? Can you upload it to the cloud service so we can have a look? Thanks. 

I have uploaded the file now. Its called "Pisa career.fm"

Just now, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks @Leiflusehove - Can you point me in the direction of the editor data that is used in this game? I'm assuming that is what is causing the issues with Serie B. 

It's a transfer update database. It's called FMI Update Season 2019-2020

On 17/07/2019 at 18:16, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks @Leiflusehove - Can you show me somewhere where I can get the editor data that is used in this game? I'm assuming that is what is causing the issues with Serie B. 

On 17/07/2019 at 18:19, Leiflusehove said:

It's a transfer update database. It's called FMI Update Season 2019-2020

Have you found the problem?

About the non-EU registration thing. Apparently there is a big bug with that.

I've done a quick experiment in the game with Milan. I signed 4 non-EU players from abroad (in order: Nathan, Exequiel Palacios, Miguel Trauco, Lacina Traore) and 1 non-EU player based in Italy (Mori Tine). Here are the bugs:

1. Mori Tine is not counted as occupying non-EU slot, which he should be as his nationality is only Ivorian. Nathan (18 y.o.) also is not counted as occupying non-EU despite only having Brazilian nationality for some reason.

2. Lacina Traore can not be registered even after selling an old non-EU (Cristian Zapata to Al-Hilal KSA) and loaning Miguel Trauco to Sevilla, which should have freed up non-EU slot.

I wonder if selling/loaning a non-EU player before signing Lacina Traore would work. And even if it does, I don't think it fits with the in-real-life rules.

A.C. Milan_  Transfer History-2.png

A.C. Milan_ Players Players.png

IRL there are not U20 and U18 for Italian teams. There are U19 and U17 team.

It is many years that there is this issue and the answer is that it is not possible to include players under 16 in the game. This is fine with me, but why don't set up the regens creation so that there will be plenty of 14-15 yo, so that in the consequent years there will be enough players for the U17 team? There can't be a legal issue for regens. :D

Otherwise, I think it would be much better to have only the U19 team.

7 minutes ago, Delvi said:

It is many years that there is this issue and the answer is that it is not possible to include players under 16 in the game. This is fine with me, but why don't set up the regens creation so that there will be plenty of 14-15 yo, so that in the consequent years there will be enough players for the U17 team? There can't be a legal issue for regens. :D

I agree, one for the feature request forum perhaps. You already can get 14 y/o regens in your youth intakes

On 09/09/2019 at 04:44, Delvi said:

On 09/09/2019 at 04:52, autohoratio said:

I agree, one for the feature request forum perhaps. You already can get 14 y/o regens in your youth intakes

Agreed! I think I raised the same thing in the feature request forum ages ago but I can't remember now. I don't understand why they can't just generate placeholder players for those who are too young just like they already do for those they don't have the rights to or those that are used to fill space in empty sides.

This may be a known issue but using Claasens Italy file the Serie B squad registration page says no more than 0 players can be registered meaning any players over 23 I've signed since last season cannot be registered - I also can't assign any squad numbers.

Edited by TheWednesday

There is a bug that pushes the end of the season far too late for Serie A clubs.

At the end of the first season managing Fiorentina I played my last game the 26th of May, my players were meant to go on their end of season break about a week after that but nothing happened, instead my players remained in training until the 23rd of June, nearly a whole month after our last match. If I want to have an actual preseason my players will get a whopping two weeks of summer holiday to recover from the season.

Perhaps even more concerning is that since our end of season was delayed, we also did not get our new budgets when we were supposed to, not only does this handicap us in the transfer market where English and French clubs are snapping up all of my intended targets, it also caused a player rebellion within my squad because I could not give two key players the end-of-season raises they had been promised, they naturally expected to get their raises when our season should have ended, "I cannot afford to give you a raise because we are still operating on last season's budgets because of a bug in the game" was not one of the options given when explaining why they had not gotten them.

I don't know why it happens, but my guess is that the Serie B and Serie C playoffs are the cause. They should be irrelevant to any club not participating in them, but it seems like the game cannot handle having a league in one country on holiday while other leagues in the same country are still running.

18 minutes ago, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz said:

There is a bug that pushes the end of the season far too late for Serie A clubs.

At the end of the first season managing Fiorentina I played my last game the 26th of May, my players were meant to go on their end of season break about a week after that but nothing happened, instead my players remained in training until the 23rd of June, nearly a whole month after our last match. If I want to have an actual preseason my players will get a whopping two weeks of summer holiday to recover from the season.

Perhaps even more concerning is that since our end of season was delayed, we also did not get our new budgets when we were supposed to, not only does this handicap us in the transfer market where English and French clubs are snapping up all of my intended targets, it also caused a player rebellion within my squad because I could not give two key players the end-of-season raises they had been promised, they naturally expected to get their raises when our season should have ended, "I cannot afford to give you a raise because we are still operating on last season's budgets because of a bug in the game" was not one of the options given when explaining why they had not gotten them.

I don't know why it happens, but my guess is that the Serie B and Serie C playoffs are the cause. They should be irrelevant to any club not participating in them, but it seems like the game cannot handle having a league in one country on holiday while other leagues in the same country are still running.

I'm really hoping this sort of thing is fixed in FM20 - it seems that Italy is always messed up to a level far beyond that of other major European leagues somehow...