Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

1 hour ago, kingpoodle said:

I won Serie D Girone A and my players all went for holiday. No one is available to play Serie D - Poule Scudetto.

Are you using a custom database? We don't have the Italian Serie D in the game.

4 hours ago, kingpoodle said:

I won Serie D Girone A and my players all went for holiday. No one is available to play Serie D - Poule Scudetto.

I used a custom Serie D database and didn't have this problem. Let me know which one you used and I can try to go back and find which one I did.

14 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Are you using a custom database? We don't have the Italian Serie D in the game.

Yup. Sorry about that. 

11 hours ago, Weston said:

I used a custom Serie D database and didn't have this problem. Let me know which one you used and I can try to go back and find which one I did.

I'm using pr0 database. I will feedback to him. Sorry for wrong information. Totally forgotten that Serie D is not included in the main game. 

15 hours ago, kingpoodle said:

I'm using pr0 database. I will feedback to him. Sorry for wrong information. Totally forgotten that Serie D is not included in the main game. 

This is the database I used to play Serie D. Worked flawlessly - in fact I believe it even fixed the issues with Serie D/Serie C promotion/relegation that are present in the normal game.

I'm not sure if it's the right place, but I've noticed a worrying trend for AI clubs in Italy regarding non-EU rules.

I recently took over AS Roma, and the club had THREE non-EU players ON LOAN. Not even top players either, but barely good enough as rotation, if not backups. Now that is a problem in itself when you're joining a club and have to pick up the pieces, often without being able to free some of the spot.

But it's a much bigger issue for AI-controlled clubs, as they clearly are wasting some of their slots on useless players, possibly facing registration problems and overall lack of quality.

It'd understand it if it happened on rare occasions or with poor staff, but that Roma side has Monchi (a great DoF in-game) on board. I can't really imagine them loaning a random dude fom CSKA and Rangers (yes it happened!).

I holidayed ahead to experiment with some things and I see Milan has made it to the group stage of the Champions League despite finishing the previous season in 5th. Juventus finished 2nd, but are not in the CL. I can't figure out any legitimate reason why this would happen outside of FFP, but I used the editor to move myself to Juve to check out their finances and they're doing far better than we are.

I've uploaded "milan experiment," which is far before, and "milan experiment II," which is after this realization. Can you please tell me what is going on here? @Christopher Lewis @Ed Hewison Thanks!

On 22/02/2019 at 14:45, Weston said:

I holidayed ahead to experiment with some things and I see Milan has made it to the group stage of the Champions League despite finishing the previous season in 5th. Juventus finished 2nd, but are not in the CL. I can't figure out any legitimate reason why this would happen outside of FFP, but I used the editor to move myself to Juve to check out their finances and they're doing far better than we are.

I've uploaded "milan experiment," which is far before, and "milan experiment II," which is after this realization. Can you please tell me what is going on here? @Christopher Lewis @Ed Hewison Thanks!

Thanks @Weston. We are looking at this one now. 

Cheers for providing those saves for us.

1 hour ago, Ed Hewison said:

Thanks @Weston. We are looking at this one now. 

Cheers for providing those saves for us.

Someone moved my initial post which is why I put it here - looks like you guys have already tried and not been able to replicate it:

How come I cant load the Italian leagues ??:sega: 

Screenshot (1).png

So what about Italy editor bug? Do it quickly, or send me a problem solution to my email.

michael.itner@seznam.cz

2053100527_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.06-2

why cant my game vs Sampdoria be played on a Sunday ?

image.thumb.png.1c16a098de30fc3010a15977991827f7.png

image.thumb.png.6aae962318312158862e677ed2af5634.png

juves fixture for example...

image.thumb.png.26a2d76269581b79922811507ec55051.png

Also my Lazio game next month, brought forward to  ??? 21st March

now both teams have a huge advantage over me for the race for CL

I just tried playing my save a little further and even loaning out mory bamba as he occupies a non-EU slot for AS Roma but still I can't use / register otinho

On 09/03/2019 at 15:07, Showerman said:

why cant my game vs Sampdoria be played on a Sunday ?

image.thumb.png.1c16a098de30fc3010a15977991827f7.png

image.thumb.png.6aae962318312158862e677ed2af5634.png

juves fixture for example...

image.thumb.png.26a2d76269581b79922811507ec55051.png

Also my Lazio game next month, brought forward to  ??? 21st March

now both teams have a huge advantage over me for the race for CL

It is probably because Genoa is playing home on the Sunday and since them and Sampdoria share stadium the cannot play the same day.

14 hours ago, Johan99 said:

It is probably because Genoa is playing home on the Sunday and since them and Sampdoria share stadium the cannot play the same day.

genoa played friday 26th yes at home so :seagull:

On 08/03/2019 at 22:02, jojo51 said:

How come I cant load the Italian leagues ??:sega: 

Screenshot (1).png

Have you got any custom editor data added to the game? 

Hi, when playing as Juventus, you have their u23's which are in seria C. The game only allows 4 over 22 year olds to be in the squad despite the seria C league rules. Is this an error/glitch? Or is this an agreement that Juventus have with the league Regardless, I was hoping for some guidance in changing in the editor, thanks

Posted (edited)
5 ore fa, spinky11 ha scritto:

Hi, when playing as Juventus, you have their u23's which are in seria C. The game only allows 4 over 22 year olds to be in the squad despite the seria C league rules. Is this an error/glitch? Or is this an agreement that Juventus have with the league Regardless, I was hoping for some guidance in changing in the editor, thanks

Yes, this season for the U23, between 23 players there was a limit of 4 born before the 1 jan 1996. The purpose of u23 teams in Italy is to develop young players that's why they have different rules than other teams in the league/s.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

18 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Yes, this season for the U23, between 23 players there was a limit of 4 born before the 1 jan 1996. The purpose of u23 teams in Italy is to develop young players that's why they have different rules than other teams in the league/s.

Despite the fact it is a team in its own right with its own league rules?

Can someone please help me with this transfer/registration issue?

So as a Serie A club the rules state my “squad must have no more than 2 non-EU players signed from abroad per season.” I signed a free agent player on January 1 from Peru who I do not intend to register. He is U-22, so he would not need to be registered anyway, but I do not intend to have him take up one of my two slots, as I plan to loan him out immediately upon his arrival. As he is not being registered in the squad he should not take up a spot.

I want to use my last non-EU slot on another player in the January window, however when the free agent arrives, he takes that 2nd spot, even though he's not registered in the squad! Loaning him out does not undo this. If I sign a non-EU player from abroad but arrange for him to stay at his club on loan he is not counted, so why should this player, when essentially it is the same thing?

Perhaps more frustratingly, I can't figure out how to work around this issue. If I sign another non-EU player from abroad and actually want to register him in the squad I can't seem to use the editor to fix this - he's ineligible no matter what. Also, if I were to add an EU nationality to register him, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to remove it later to preserve the data integrity. Am I missing something here? Furthermore, if all else fails, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to cancel the pre-arranged free transfer before it goes through (I'd rather sacrifice this young free agent than a potential first team signing).

What can I do here..? Is this a bug? What's the point of the editor if you can only use it to cheat in weird ways and not to actually fix problems like this that ruin the realism of your save?

Edited by Weston

9 hours ago, Weston said:

Can someone please help me with this transfer/registration issue?

So as a Serie A club the rules state my “squad must have no more than 2 non-EU players signed from abroad per season.” I signed a free agent player on January 1 from Peru who I do not intend to register. He is U-22, so he would not need to be registered anyway, but I do not intend to have him take up one of my two slots, as I plan to loan him out immediately upon his arrival. As he is not being registered in the squad he should not take up a spot.

I want to use my last non-EU slot on another player in the January window, however when the free agent arrives, he takes that 2nd spot, even though he's not registered in the squad! Loaning him out does not undo this. If I sign a non-EU player from abroad but arrange for him to stay at his club on loan he is not counted, so why should this player, when essentially it is the same thing?

Perhaps more frustratingly, I can't figure out how to work around this issue. If I sign another non-EU player from abroad and actually want to register him in the squad I can't seem to use the editor to fix this - he's ineligible no matter what. Also, if I were to add an EU nationality to register him, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to remove it later to preserve the data integrity. Am I missing something here? Furthermore, if all else fails, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to cancel the pre-arranged free transfer before it goes through (I'd rather sacrifice this young free agent than a potential first team signing).

What can I do here..? Is this a bug? What's the point of the editor if you can only use it to cheat in weird ways and not to actually fix problems like this that ruin the realism of your save?

Edit: Clarified a bit more succinctly.

The limit of non-EU players in Italy applies to transferring in non-EU players rather than the squad registration of players. Regardless of whether they are registered in the squad or not any new non-EU players signed will count towards this limit of signing non-EU players. It is the first two (or one or three depending on your allowance at season start) non-EU players signed that will automatically count towards this limit, and any additional players signed will automatically fall foul to the rule.

That said having fired up a new save the initial inbox item on this rule and the transfer rules on the rules screen are misleading - it says the user is allowed to "register two non-EU players this season" (in the inbox item) and "sign two new non-EU players this season" (on the rules screen) when it should say something like  "register the first two non-EU players signed this season", so I've logged a bug to change this wording.

With the wording you mention here (“squad must have no more than 2 non-EU players signed from abroad per season.”) was there a particular screen/inbox item with this description? Thanks

Edited by Freddie Sands

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Edit: Clarified a bit more succinctly.

The limit of non-EU players in Italy applies to transferring in non-EU players rather than the squad registration of players. Regardless of whether they are registered in the squad or not any new non-EU players signed will count towards this limit of signing non-EU players. It is the first two (or one or three depending on your allowance at season start) non-EU players signed that will automatically count towards this limit, and any additional players signed will automatically fall foul to the rule.

That said having fired up a new save the initial inbox item on this rule and the transfer rules on the rules screen are misleading - it says the user is allowed to "register two non-EU players this season" (in the inbox item) and "sign two new non-EU players this season" (on the rules screen) when it should say something like  "register the first two non-EU players signed this season", so I've logged a bug to change this wording.

With the wording you mention here (“squad must have no more than 2 non-EU players signed from abroad per season.”) was there a particular screen/inbox item with this description? Thanks

Yes, this is what it says when you go to sign a player after your limit has been reached. Thank you for logging that.

As for the limit applying to transferring not registering, this is what I used to think, but then I signed a non-EU player from abroad in a past save after already reaching my limit. I had him stay at his club on loan, and was told on these forums that that is what allowed the deal to go through because he never actually reached my squad. The misleading wording, then, seemed to back that up.

So if I was given incorrect info, how do I use the editor to fix my problem? I have a save from the day before the free agent arrives. Can I cancel the deal somehow? I really don't understand how you can do so many absurd things with the editor but not edit the actual stuff that matters, like in these scenarios...

@Freddie Sands, Here is the thread from FM18 where I signed a player outside my allotted transfer limit and the deal went through, I just wasn't able to register him. I've positioned the link on the specific comment that told me this is how it works, though now it is the opposite. What is the reason for this discrepancy?