Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

1 hour ago, Ed Hewison said:

You are very much correct. It doesn't seem to be working quite right. 

Could you upload that save game (any point in that 2019-20 season) and I will put that under review. 

Cheers @Weston.

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

Uploaded a save from 30 June right before the new season begins called "BRINGING BARI BACK TO B." I know that's not technically in the 2019-20 season, so let me know if you can't replicate and need a later upload as well, but I figured this would be better. Love the new upload system by the way, much easier! Thank you for looking into this.

7 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

I haven't seen them have to share a stadium in any of the games I currently have. They have played all of their home games at Pietro Fortunati in Serie C.

Do you have a save game where they are not playing at Pietro Fortunati, or are having to build a new stadium because they are 1 capacity under?

From what I have seen Pavia always move away from Pietro Fortunati if they are promoted to Serie C... It has been like this in FM18 and FM19. On some older game version clubs often got special permissions to use their too small stadiums, but that does not seem to be happening now.

I uploaded a save PaviaStadium.fm, where Pavia have been promoted and have relocated to Giovanni Parisi (capacity 4000 - one more than Pietro Fortunati) in Voghera. Other promoted clubs with substandard stadia have also moved stadiums or are planning on doing so as well, though they do fall short more than one spactator place.

3 minutes ago, duccio said:

From what I have seen Pavia always move away from Pietro Fortunati if they are promoted to Serie C... It has been like this in FM18 and FM19. On some older game version clubs often got special permissions to use their too small stadiums, but that does not seem to be happening now.

I uploaded a save PaviaStadium.fm, where Pavia have been promoted and have relocated to Giovanni Parisi (capacity 4000 - one more than Pietro Fortunati) in Voghera. Other promoted clubs with substandard stadia have also moved stadiums or are planning on doing so as well, though they do fall short more than one spactator place.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the issue someone else mentioned earlier about Italian clubs all having financial crises - probably doesn't help to force lower league teams to move stadiums.

50 minutes ago, Weston said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the issue someone else mentioned earlier about Italian clubs all having financial crises - probably doesn't help to force lower league teams to move stadiums.

In the game or in the real life? In reality many clubs go bankrupt every year. At least in some cases the stadium requirements contribute to the problem. For example Mestre were promoted to Serie C for 17-18, but their stadium did not meet the requirements, and it was long in doubt whether the club could even partake in the competition. In the end they did, though I don't know what the solution was. After the season the club voluntarily dropped to Eccellenza due to financial strain and uncertainty about the facilities.

In Italy it is city councils that often own the stadiums, so whose responsibility is it to renovate the stadia? In FM there really are no stadium expansions in Italy unless the club in question has built the stadium or has bought it. It is correct that clubs shouldn't have much effect on what is done to the stadiums if they don't own them, but many things can happen in real life. The complete lack of leeway in FM seems excessively restricting.

26 minutes ago, duccio said:

In the game or in the real life? In reality many clubs go bankrupt every year. At least in some cases the stadium requirements contribute to the problem. For example Mestre were promoted to Serie C for 17-18, but their stadium did not meet the requirements, and it was long in doubt whether the club could even partake in the competition. In the end they did, though I don't know what the solution was. After the season the club voluntarily dropped to Eccellenza due to financial strain and uncertainty about the facilities.

In Italy it is city councils that often own the stadiums, so whose responsibility is it to renovate the stadia? In FM there really are no stadium expansions in Italy unless the club in question has built the stadium or has bought it. It is correct that clubs shouldn't have much effect on what is done to the stadiums if they don't own them, but many things can happen in real life. The complete lack of leeway in FM seems excessively restricting.

I meant in game, but I agree with everything you've said.

Summary: bans in Serie A disappear

Description of Issue: I'm managing Juve and have had at least three red cards (two straight), but everytime the players have avoided any ban. At least after the straight reds the relevant players' profiles have shown a ban immediately after the match, but that disappeared quickly and none of the red carded players have missed any games. I'm playing with the newest patch. Not sure if this only affects me or all the teams as I haven't paid attention to the rest of the league.

Steps to Reproduce: manage a team in Serie A and get a player sent off.

On 17/12/2018 at 19:37, Weston said:

Uploaded a save from 30 June right before the new season begins called "BRINGING BARI BACK TO B." I know that's not technically in the 2019-20 season, so let me know if you can't replicate and need a later upload as well, but I figured this would be better. Love the new upload system by the way, much easier! Thank you for looking into this.

Thanks for this @Weston. Cheers for providing everything that we needed.

On 17/12/2018 at 21:22, duccio said:

On 17/12/2018 at 21:49, Weston said:

I meant in game, but I agree with everything you've said.

I understand what you mean. This is something that we currently have under review.

Cheers for providing that save for us @duccio.

On 28/12/2018 at 09:58, Rakennusmestari said:

Summary: bans in Serie A disappear

Description of Issue: I'm managing Juve and have had at least three red cards (two straight), but everytime the players have avoided any ban. At least after the straight reds the relevant players' profiles have shown a ban immediately after the match, but that disappeared quickly and none of the red carded players have missed any games. I'm playing with the newest patch. Not sure if this only affects me or all the teams as I haven't paid attention to the rest of the league.

Steps to Reproduce: manage a team in Serie A and get a player sent off.

This is not something I can see happening and not something anyone else seems to have encountered in this thread. 

Could you please provide a save game from before a ban disappears in your game, and let us know the player you see it disappear for? 

58 minutes ago, Rakennusmestari said:

Sorry, I've already advanced well beyond that point. I'll try to have an early save in store for uploading if it happens again during the 2nd season.

No worries @Rakennusmestari

Cheers for your help with this one.

Posted (edited)

I am stuck with a horrible, unrealistic fixture list that is cramming games immediately after each other in the week. Is there any way I can fix this? The way the matches are spaced out just makes no sense at all...

I uploaded a save called 'BRINGING BARI BACK TO A IV' that is after this bit, let me know if you need an earlier save. I have some from the previous season saved if you need something prior to the fixture list being announced.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Weston

On 05/01/2019 at 18:01, Weston said:

I am stuck with a horrible, unrealistic fixture list that is cramming games immediately after each other in the week. Is there any way I can fix this? The way the matches are spaced out just makes no sense at all...

I uploaded a save called 'BRINGING BARI BACK TO A IV' that is after this bit, let me know if you need an earlier save. I have some from the previous season saved if you need something prior to the fixture list being announced.

image.png

image.png

Hi @Weston.

It looks like this has been the case since the start of the season for you.
So I think you will have to play both matches in consecutive days for now.

We have been able to reproduce this issue here as well.
Cheers for providing everything we needed to look into why this happened.

1 hour ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Weston.

It looks like this has been the case since the start of the season for you.
So I think you will have to play both matches in consecutive days for now.

We have been able to reproduce this issue here as well.
Cheers for providing everything we needed to look into why this happened.

I have finished this season and am about to go to the next one. Is there anything I can do now to keep this from happening next season? I am still on 8 May.

17 hours ago, Weston said:

I have finished this season and am about to go to the next one. Is there anything I can do now to keep this from happening next season? I am still on 8 May.

This fixture congestion should only occur in December 2020, at the moment.

You should not run into this issue in December in any other season.

2 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

This fixture congestion should only occur in December 2020, at the moment.

You should not run into this issue in December in any other season.

Good to know, thanks!

A bit surprised by this - I didn't realize that goals scored in the playoffs are included within the goal tally for top goalscorer. Is that how it's really supposed to be? Seems unfair when you get more games to score in, but it could very well be the real case and I just never thought about it. Before the playoffs and after the 36 normal regular season games Rossi was on top.

image.png

I signed my first non-eu for the season in january and he is under 22 and I can't register him, also won't let me use him in the match-day squad even in my january firendly against AS Monaco at a neutral stadium.

FM19_Non-EUregistration.png

Hi @nonEUglitch

9 hours ago, nonEUglitch said:

I signed my first non-eu for the season in january and he is under 22 and I can't register him, also won't let me use him in the match-day squad even in my january firendly against AS Monaco at a neutral stadium.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game where this is occurring for you? 

12 hours ago, nonEUglitch said:

Ok I uploaded my saved game file name is Operation Manolas (extra weights).fm

Thank you for the save game. The team are currently investigating what is happening here. 

Hi @Ed Hewison / @Christopher Lewis, maybe you can help with this? I'm stuck and can't continue my save.

The competition rules for Serie A states that managers are not allowed to work at two clubs in the same division in the same season, yet in my uploaded save "applied to milan" I am asked in the job interview with Milan if I want to join now or at the end of the season (it is February). If I select now I am offered the job and the game unrealistically transfers me immediately. if I select later I am rejected and they hire someone else. It's possible other scenarios can happen as well - I only tried each option once.

It seems to me, then, that this glitch is potentially keeping me from getting the job... Is there something I can do about this? I don't want to transfer in February as that is unrealistic. I suppose I could use the editor to make myself the manager of Milan at the end of the season, but that would be a bit messy and I don't want to ruin the integrity or realism of my save. Is this bug irrelevant to the fact that Milan just wants someone who is available now, and even if this glitch was fixed I would still be denied? I am listed as "wanted" by Milan, but so is the currently unemployed Gasperini, who was hired when I chose to join later.

So I had a playthrough with the save and used the editor to boost the managers reputation so I was guaranteed to get the job. Which I then got offered and accepted. That is obviously against the rules on the competition page, so I have placed that under review. 

One thing you can do is remove Gasperini as manager of Milan at the end of the season and apply for the job again, and maybe act as if Gasperini was a caretaker manager? 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

So I had a playthrough with the save and used the editor to boost the managers reputation so I was guaranteed to get the job. Which I then got offered and accepted. That is obviously against the rules on the competition page, so I have placed that under review. 

One thing you can do is remove Gasperini as manager of Milan at the end of the season and apply for the job again, and maybe act as if Gasperini was a caretaker manager? 

Hi Christopher, thanks for looking into this!

If I tell them that I am willing to join immediately I get offered the job even with my current reputation. I don't want to use the editor to make myself manager because it feels like "cheating," unless I know for sure that I am rejected BECAUSE I tell them I want to join at the end of the season (which should be the ONLY option). Do you think this is the case, and I would be justified to workaround the bug, or do you think regardless of that bug being there Milan are completely reasonable in choosing Gasperini simply because they want someone who can take charge immediately and do not want to bother with a caretaker?

17 minutes ago, Weston said:

Hi Christopher, thanks for looking into this!

If I tell them that I am willing to join immediately I get offered the job even with my current reputation. I don't want to use the editor to make myself manager because it feels like "cheating," unless I know for sure that I am rejected BECAUSE I tell them I want to join at the end of the season (which should be the ONLY option). Do you think this is the case, and I would be justified to workaround the bug, or do you think regardless of that bug being there Milan are completely reasonable in choosing Gasperini simply because they want someone who can take charge immediately and do not want to bother with a caretaker?

I'll check this with the team responsible for Managers and get an answer. I think they could be justified with going for Gasperini and also saving some compensation, since he is free to appoint. 

2 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I'll check this with the team responsible for Managers and get an answer. I think they could be justified with going for Gasperini and also saving some compensation, since he is free to appoint. 

Okay, I really appreciate that, please let me know what they say. I do have an unusually low wage so I'm still super cheap to buyout, so I doubt the compensation is the deciding factor, but what do I know. I'm just too much of a purist to continue playing until I figure this out haha

Currently in-game the Serie A Winter transfer window closes on 18th January (IIRC), but for example as I write this Genoa and Milan are finalizing the transfer of Piatek IRL. Shouldn't the window last longer in FM?

Are the criteria for club-trained players supposed to be the same in Serie A and the UCL? At Juve at least Rugani and Rogerio count as club-trained in Serie A, but not in the UCL.

20 hours ago, Rakennusmestari said:

Currently in-game the Serie A Winter transfer window closes on 18th January (IIRC), but for example as I write this Genoa and Milan are finalizing the transfer of Piatek IRL. Shouldn't the window last longer in FM?

It only got changed recently I believe, so we'll be updating the window dates to match in an update. 

2 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

It only got changed recently I believe, so we'll be updating the window dates to match in an update. 

Will this update existing saves or require a new save?

Playing as Parma I stupidly signed four englishman just as the UK was coming out of the EU which meant all of them were going to be non-eu. A bit annoying so I then looked to loan out one of my existing non-eu's so I could register Harry Winks. When Markovic left, I assumed that a place would open up on the registration screen but not to be. Even though I had de-registered all other existing non-eu players I could still not register a couple of English players.

It sounds like a bug to me, but could be some very weird/complex rule.

Reporting so it can be looked into. I'll upload my save if you show me where to upload.

Garf

Is this sort of arrangement allowed to continue now that I've gotten Bari promoted to the same league as Napoli? I wouldn't think two clubs in Serie A could share the same board...

image.png

On 23/01/2019 at 19:39, Rakennusmestari said:

Are the criteria for club-trained players supposed to be the same in Serie A and the UCL? At Juve at least Rugani and Rogerio count as club-trained in Serie A, but not in the UCL.

Hi SI,

Is it WAD that some players count as club-trained in a domestic league but not in Europe?

On 27/01/2019 at 18:30, Weston said:

Is this sort of arrangement allowed to continue now that I've gotten Bari promoted to the same league as Napoli? I wouldn't think two clubs in Serie A could share the same board...

I wouldn't have thought so, but we'll check. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I wouldn't have thought so, but we'll check. 

They've actually allowed me to sign 2 very good young players for absolutely free, which I found odd. One was when I was leaving Serie B, and perhaps that makes sense since we have a good relationship and they'd help me out. There were a lot of things I thought didn't go far enough, like the fact I had no scouting knowledge of their players when I would assume those player reports would be shared with me as an affiliate with shared boardmembers, but then I got to Serie A and they handed me a solid player for 0 which seems like maybe it shouldn't be allowed at this point. But it also made me think perhaps they should be actively offering/sending me players more when I was in the lower leagues.

1 hour ago, Firehouse said:

I really hope that after winter update we will see 20 teams Serie B starting season 2019/2020, so that I can finally take on Italian lower leagues.

https://www.football-italia.net/133990/figc-20-team-serie-b-new-racism-rules

Cheers for posting this Serie B news @Firehouse. This is something we are aware of.

It looks like a 20 team Serie B season for 19/20 is now confirmed. We are still awaiting details on promotion and relegation with Serie C.

I sure am glad I gave up on waiting for the above to be decided before starting my save haha

Looking forward to everything being sorted for my FM20 save, unless Italy somehow manages to mess things up again before then.

I have been playing serie A for 3 seasons now. I noticed that Italian deadline day does not work the same way as the ones in other leagues. For example when you bid for a player even a day or two before the deadline day they do not respond in time to get the transfer finalised (club agreed to transfer fee, player agreed the contract term, just not finalised in time). Very frustrating to have your transfers cancelled because the players do not react to the urgency of the deadline day. For January transfer window particularly it does not matter if I attend the or not the press interviews.

Don't know if others have had the same issues, this save was started in beta release.

Edited by kelmi55

27 minutes ago, kelmi55 said:

I have been playing serie A for 3 seasons now. I noticed that Italian deadline day does not work the same way as the ones in other leagues. For example when you bid for a player even a day or two before the deadline day they do not respond in time to get the transfer finalised (club agreed to transfer fee, player agreed the contract term, just not finalised in time). Very frustrating to have your transfers cancelled because the players do not react to the urgency of the deadline day. For January transfer window particularly it does not matter if I attend the or not the press interviews.

Don't know if others have had the same issues, this save was started in beta release.

Yeah I noticed that too. I only ever play in Serie A, so I didn't realize this was a league-specific issue and just thought FM19 makes it harder to complete deals in time than other editions did. Perhaps you should log this in the bug forum. I've had many loan deals canceled because of them just taking too long...

The congestion I'm getting in the 25/26 season is pretty much unreal during christmas.

I've seen someone else having the same issue on reddit.

fm19  congestion.PNG

The deadline dates will be changed in the Feb/March update as they only recently changed. I believe you can change the dates in the editor. 

11 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

The deadline dates will be changed in the Feb/March update as they only recently changed. I believe you can change the dates in the editor. 

How? I can't figure out where that option is. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

In addition to the date being too early it seems that the AI doesn't recognize the end is coming and all of the deals just fall through, whereas normally most if not all of them would be rushed through in anticipation of the window slamming shut...

image.png

1 hour ago, kingpoodle said:

I won Serie D Girone A and my players all went for holiday. No one is available to play Serie D - Poule Scudetto.

Are you using a custom database? We don't have the Italian Serie D in the game.