Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Italy here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Italy should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

11 minutes ago, red5788 said:

Thx!

Where can I point out an error on a young player?

@red5788 If it is an Italian young player, please post it below your other post in the data issues thread.

52 minuti fa, Ed Hewison ha scritto:

Hi @red5788

Thanks for posting this issue.

This is under review. Cheers!

Real data

1/7/2018 to 17/8/2018 20.00 (serie A start 18/8/2018 with the market closed)
3/1/2019 - 18/1/2019 20.00

Edited by red5788

Hi,

Playing as Pordenone in the Italian Serie C/B and I've just looked at my upcoming fixtures and a lot of them are on neutral ground which I'm not sure is the case. Some games are listed as home and away and there is no real pattern. Screenshot attached

Cheers

CaptureFM19.PNG

Errore nella registrazione della rosa Serie A, risultano under 22, mentre nella realtà sono gl'under 21 a non dover essere iscritti!

errore.jpg

@Ed Hewison The Serie C rules seem to state only 4 clubs will be promoted like last year, but then how will Serie B get back to 22 clubs the following season? When FM18 had to lower the clubs in Serie C leagues to 18 or 19 it just promoted more Serie D clubs the following season to get back to 20, no?

15 hours ago, Adamwalker14 said:

Hi,

Playing as Pordenone in the Italian Serie C/B and I've just looked at my upcoming fixtures and a lot of them are on neutral ground which I'm not sure is the case. Some games are listed as home and away and there is no real pattern. Screenshot attached

Cheers

CaptureFM19.PNG

Thanks @Adamwalker14.

That's an odd one. This is now under review.

Cheers for reporting it to us.

14 hours ago, red5788 said:

Error in the registration of the Serie A rose, are under 22, while in reality the Under 21 are not to be registered!

errore.jpg

This rule was changed to Under 22 this year, and we had confirmation of this by our Italian Head Researcher just a couple of weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, red5788 said:

That message I quoted was for the Serie A registration, was it not?

I have moved your Champions Cup post to the Europe thread...

2 minuti fa, Ed Hewison ha scritto:

That message I quoted was for the Serie A registration, was it not? 

I have moved your Champions Cup post to the Europe thread...

Yes, it's true! Under 22 in serie A is ok!
But in champions no! ;) Now copy my post in europe official!

9 hours ago, Weston said:

@Ed Hewison The Serie C rules seem to state only 4 clubs will be promoted like last year, but then how will Serie B get back to 22 clubs the following season? When FM18 had to lower the clubs in Serie C leagues to 18 or 19 it just promoted more Serie D clubs the following season to get back to 20, no?

We are currently waiting on a few things to be finalised (including appeals by clubs and appointments of key members of staff), but we are aware that this is the case at the moment.

31 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

We are currently waiting on a few things to be finalised (including appeals by clubs and appointments of key members of staff), but we are aware that this is the case at the moment.

Good to know! Thank you for your reply. Italy is a bit of a mess right now, unfortunately...

Do you know when they are set to make a decision or have any insight you can provide into this process on the game side? Hopefully I don't have to delay starting a save past the release of the full game waiting for a patch to update crucial developments finalized after a data lock or something 😬

1 minute ago, Weston said:

Good to know! Thank you for your reply. Italy is a bit of a mess right now, unfortunately...

Do you know when they are set to make a decision or have any insight you can provide into this process on the game side? Hopefully I don't have to delay starting a save past the release of the full game waiting for a patch to update crucial developments finalized after a data lock or something 😬

Hopefully very soon. We are not going to have a guess at the format for now. 

Looking forward to seeing them make the final decisions.

1 minute ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hopefully very soon. We are not going to have a guess at the format for now. 

Looking forward to seeing them make the final decisions.

I didn't mean guess the format of the Italian leagues, I meant how are these situations handled going forward? Would a patch be issued immediately once the news is announced and the data is fixed, or would it get lumped into a standard patch perhaps a month or two down the road? Is there a set date for a data lock for the full game that they would need to come in before? If this is updated later on would it be able to be applied to an existing save or would I have to start all over for it to work properly? Just wondering if I should wait to start to playing or if I should plan something else, you know?

2 hours ago, Weston said:

I didn't mean guess the format of the Italian leagues, I meant how are these situations handled going forward? Would a patch be issued immediately once the news is announced and the data is fixed, or would it get lumped into a standard patch perhaps a month or two down the road? Is there a set date for a data lock for the full game that they would need to come in before? If this is updated later on would it be able to be applied to an existing save or would I have to start all over for it to work properly? Just wondering if I should wait to start to playing or if I should plan something else, you know?

This is the format we are going with for the pre-release beta. Unfortunately things have been in limbo for quite a while now.

If any changes are made to the format of the Italian leagues then it would be something that would need a new save game.

20 ore fa, Adamwalker14 ha scritto:

Hi,

Cheers

CaptureFM19.PNG

20181019154132_1.jpg

Edited by ElGuaje86

23 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

This is the format we are going with for the pre-release beta. Unfortunately things have been in limbo for quite a while now.

If any changes are made to the format of the Italian leagues then it would be something that would need a new save game.

Ah, good to know. I guess I will hold off starting a save then until this is all figured out... Please post in here if you hear of any coming updates. Thank you!

Will it be possible for Serie A clubs to create their B team in FM19? I know only Juventus registered their U23 team in this year Serie C while all other clubs declined, but they'll likely do it next year irl so would be nice to have this opportunity in FM too.

Italian cup draw seems to go straight from round 3 to semi final at same time, no matches played, no automatic draw etc, just comes up in news that draws have been made - is this normal?

most games in serie C are scheduled in neutral place, and randomly at home or away (it's not consistent in the way the choice is made) even though I have a viable staduim, in the database, as other teams do, there are many games played in neutral.

With no stadium showing in the 3d engine but only parking lots around the field

Attempted to start a save with Sudtirol and ran into this issue, so investigated it a little bit on my 2030 holiday save - it's still affecting the vast majority of fixtures in all three leagues of Serie C.

However, it looks as though the issue might only be cosmetic rather than the bug causing all these fixtures to actually be played at made up/non-existent neutral grounds, as the 'away' attendance is listed for these games:

98ddgtR.png

To test the theory a bit more, I picked a team with a tiny ground (Gavorrano - the away team above, have 2,000 capacity) and had a look through their attendances, and sure enough there are no games where they're the home team (listed first despite the big N next to the game in the calendar) where they have more than 2,000 turning up.

With that in mind, I'll carry on with my save and hope for the best...

I too, having holidayed and got Messina have games scheduled in Serie C at neutral grounds. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the decision of whether it is home/away/neutral as reciprocal games for teams I am playing home and away are at neutral venues. All my friendlies were played home/away as arranged...

cdd9970552f3e678a62e5d86e407ddc5.png

Have uploaded two saves to the cloud as well before the league reset date called 'Italy Before Reset' and one of my current save ATM called 'Wavelberry Messina Fixtures'

Let me know if you need owt else or if I didn't upload good.

Serie A registration issue.

Need 4 club grown players, but the game does not treat my newly signed club grown players as such.

I signed them specifically for this purpose. It's not a savewhich  I will continue after the full release but it seems like an issue worth mentioning. 

FC Internazionale Milano_ Players Registration.png

Giulio Donati_ Overview Information.png

Simone Fautario_ Overview Information.png

4 hours ago, jmgrima said:

Will it be possible to insert own Under 23 team in Serie C or Serie D?

It is not a feature we have at the moment, but I will raise it as one for the future.

You should be able to add them into the system using the Editor though.

On 21/10/2018 at 13:37, Yuko said:

Serie A registration issue.

Need 4 club grown players, but the game does not treat my newly signed club grown players as such.

I signed them specifically for this purpose. It's not a savewhich  I will continue after the full release but it seems like an issue worth mentioning. 

Hi @Yuko

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game where this is occurring for you? 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

Unfortunately I've deleted the save file. Is there a way to find this file or is it permanently gone?

18 hours ago, Yuko said:

Unfortunately I've deleted the save file. Is there a way to find this file or is it permanently gone?

Have you emptied the Recycle Bin on the computer with the deleted file?

Is it still like this in your current save game? If it is you can upload that.

On 21/10/2018 at 13:39, Wavelberry said:

I too, having holidayed and got Messina have games scheduled in Serie C at neutral grounds. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the decision of whether it is home/away/neutral as reciprocal games for teams I am playing home and away are at neutral venues. All my friendlies were played home/away as arranged...

cdd9970552f3e678a62e5d86e407ddc5.png

Have uploaded two saves to the cloud as well before the league reset date called 'Italy Before Reset' and one of my current save ATM called 'Wavelberry Messina Fixtures'

Let me know if you need owt else or if I didn't upload good.

One question: Will I have to start a new game when they fix this? Because i have same issue in my Piacenza save..

6 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Have you emptied the Recycle Bin on the computer with the deleted file?

Is it still like this in your current save game? If it is you can upload that.

I do not have it, but I started a quick save again, signed Donati again who is club grown by Inter but he still is not treated as one in the squad registration. 

I'm uploading the save file now. It's called "Inter beta". 

FC Internazionale Milano_ Players Registration.png

Edited by Yuko

I wonder how SI will deal with the Serie B chaos currently happening in real life. Seems they're going back to 22 teams now - of course we still don't know which three teams will join the 19 already in place and how scheduling would work! 

23 hours ago, orphan_tears22 said:

One question: Will I have to start a new game when they fix this? Because i have same issue in my Piacenza save..

Yep. This will need a new save game once it has been sorted.

3 minutes ago, kandersson said:

I wonder how SI will deal with the Serie B chaos currently happening in real life. Seems they're going back to 22 teams now - of course we still don't know which three teams will join the 19 already in place and how scheduling would work! 

I am delaying my Serie C save until this is sorted. Hopefully they reach a resolution in the meeting tomorrow and the full release is ready to go.

19 hours ago, Yuko said:

I do not have it, but I started a quick save again, signed Donati again who is club grown by Inter but he still is not treated as one in the squad registration. 

I'm uploading the save file now. It's called "Inter beta". 

Hi Yuko. 

The rule is: Minimum of 4 players trained by Inter for 3 years (regardless of loan spells away from the club) between 15th and 21st birthdays.

By my calculations Guilio Donati only spent 2 years 7 months, 4 days at Inter between his 18th and 21st birthday. He signed when he was already 18, so would have needed to have signed from Lucchese when he was at most 17 years and 364 days old to be considered eligible for this rule to work.

17 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi Yuko. 

The rule is: Minimum of 4 players trained by Inter for 3 years (regardless of loan spells away from the club) between 15th and 21st birthdays.

By my calculations Guilio Donati only spent 2 years 7 months, 4 days at Inter between his 18th and 21st birthday. He signed when he was already 18, so would have needed to have signed from Lucchese when he was at most 17 years and 364 days old to be considered eligible for this rule to work.

So this is despite the fact that the game states that the player is club grown? 

If it's so, it's a misleading side effect as I search for club grown players and he's one of them in the search list. And his profile confirms it. 

On a previous save it also happened with Fautario who iirc was more than 4 seasons at Inter as a youth. 

Edited by Yuko

Il 18/10/2018 in 23:52 , Adamwalker14 ha scritto:

Hi,

Cheers

CaptureFM19.PNG

I have same error with Albissola in serie C/A.
Also Serie C/B and C/C have this problem, but when i paly the match i can see the real name of the stadium (picture 1).
During the preseason i didn't have this problem. With some team i can see the stadium corrrectly (picture 2).
Cheers

1.png

2.png

On 24/10/2018 at 19:43, Weston said:

I am delaying my Serie C save until this is sorted. Hopefully they reach a resolution in the meeting tomorrow and the full release is ready to go.

... and now we're back to 19! At least until next tuesday when I suspect the new directors of FA will have the last word - and go back to 22 again :lol:. Madness.

5 hours ago, kandersson said:

... and now we're back to 19! At least until next tuesday when I suspect the new directors of FA will have the last word - and go back to 22 again :lol:. Madness.

I wish they'd just pick one so I can start a save already!!

I am noticing in Serie A as Juventus, that my fixtures are the exact same fixture list as Lazio, my nearest rival, but i play them all one game earlier than they do.

I can post screenshots to prove this, is this a one off? its literally the EXACT same fixture list except i play my opponent a week earlier than they do

17 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

I am noticing in Serie A as Juventus, that my fixtures are the exact same fixture list as Lazio, my nearest rival, but i play them all one game earlier than they do.

I can post screenshots to prove this, is this a one off? its literally the EXACT same fixture list except i play my opponent a week earlier than they do

We've been raising this issue literally for years and they still have not fixed it. Any chance we could finally get this corrected for the full release?

Not sure this is Italy specific as such, but on my Sudtirol save I've been given this for a Christmas fixture list...

jUg2dND.png

4 games in a week is a push, but a night-time kickoff one evening rolling into another game 3pm the next day seems a bit much to say the least.

But still, could be worse - I could be managing Benevento. They've had to travel from Campania to the Alps in the middle of winter, on Christmas Eve no less, the day after playing a game to get stuffed 4-1 by my B-team.  :lol:

Is this fixed in 19.1 and if so will the fixtures reset properly at the end of a season or will the fix require a new save?

Serie C Are Showing That All The Teams Are playing at Neutral Grounds but when clicking on them they are at a unknown stadium too