Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Greece] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Greece here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Greece should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Aris Thessaloniki's football stadium's name is wrong. The Stadium is called Kleanthis Vikelidis instead of Kaftantzogleio  

3 minutes ago, Gogito said:

Aris Thessaloniki's football stadium's name is wrong. The Stadium is called Kleanthis Vikelidis instead of Kaftantzogleio  

Hi @Gogito.

Please could you post this in the Greece Data issues thread? I have linked it below.

For some reason the Greek Cup can only be set to All Competitive Matches or Main Stages, with no option not to run any of its matches at full detail.

I don't know if is the correct thread but I have a problem with the Greek Cup.

My team is Panathinaikos and I played against Asteras Tripolis at semi final.

I lost 3-1 away and I won 2-0 in my stadium. According  the goal away I should have qualified without extra time and penalties but as you can see here https://prnt.sc/l8k2dv I played extra time and penalties. I guess this is bug.

Thanks.

I have the following problem. I have chosen Panathinaikos FC and it looks like I'm unable to register any new players in the League or Cup. While the transfer is finalized and the player comes to the squad and register him like existing players, he still appears an unavailable. In particular, it says that the player “Isn’t going to be registered”.I have uploaded the relevant file on ownCloud and the name is Παναθηναικος.fm

Edited by nickthegreen132012

Hello Sirs.

There is a problem to squad registration.

I attach you a photo to see the problem.

I comfirm the selection at the squad registration for the year that is comeing

and still writes to me that the new players that i bought are not avaible to use them.

I can't use the new players for the new friendly matches.

215239491__PlayersRegistration.thumb.png.829783677a977cfc2eb52b21dc8c60be.png

Thanks in advance.

Bests Regards.

The Greek Cup matches in group stages are in a row which is wrong. The group stages matches have 2-3 weeks break and between those 2-3 weeks the teams of the league are playing for the champioship or for some other european cup.

20181022123449_1.jpg

20181022123455_1.jpg

4 hours ago, whyme3 said:

The Greek Cup matches in group stages are in a row which is wrong. The group stages matches have 2-3 weeks break and between those 2-3 weeks the teams of the league are playing for the champioship or for some other european cup.

20181022123449_1.jpg

20181022123455_1.jpg

Disappointing the structure is incorrect. 

I have the same problems with "isn't going to be registered" on new free under 23 signings with Panathinaikos.

I am also attaching a picture from the Greek Superleague site indicating the under 19, under 17 and under 15 are the only other leagues they organise.

Finally, the cup games for stage 4 of the greek cup happen almost at monthly frequency in early September, early October and early November.

superleague.jpg

New Bitmap Image (4).jpg

- Greek U20 Division will be removed in one of the next updates. U17 and U15 can't be portrayed ingame for legal reasons
- Greek Cup schedule will be correct in one of the next updates
- @ELDITH, thanks, i will check it, probably it is related to Sparti's transfer restriction in some way

All that bugs ( Everyting ) will be fixed with the full release of the game ?

1st and 2nd one yes, they will be fixed.

For the registration issue, i will check it, as i said before :)

On 19/10/2018 at 16:49, Spurs08 said:

For some reason the Greek Cup can only be set to All Competitive Matches or Main Stages, with no option not to run any of its matches at full detail.

This is currently being looked at. Cheers @Spurs08

On 21/10/2018 at 10:13, Asterionas13 said:

I don't know if is the correct thread but I have a problem with the Greek Cup.

My team is Panathinaikos and I played against Asteras Tripolis at semi final.

I lost 3-1 away and I won 2-0 in my stadium. According  the goal away I should have qualified without extra time and penalties but as you can see here https://prnt.sc/l8k2dv I played extra time and penalties. I guess this is bug.

Thanks.

The away goal rule is missing in the Rules of the Semi Final of the Greek Cup. Is that correct @Peritri?

On 21/10/2018 at 18:27, nickthegreen132012 said:

I have the following problem. I have chosen Panathinaikos FC and it looks like I'm unable to register any new players in the League or Cup. While the transfer is finalized and the player comes to the squad and register him like existing players, he still appears an unavailable. In particular, it says that the player “Isn’t going to be registered”.I have uploaded the relevant file on ownCloud and the name is Παναθηναικος.fm

This is because you have a transfer ban.

@Peritri - This person has signed only under 23 players, because the transfer ban prevents them from signing older players.
Should they still be able to be registered for the squad do you know?

On 22/10/2018 at 10:45, whyme3 said:

We are looking into this one too. Cheers for reporting it to us everyone. 

1 hour ago, Ed Hewison said:

This is currently being looked at. Cheers @Spurs08

No worries. Since then I started a different save and actually found this bug on a variety of domestic cups, including some I had loaded but which weren't affected the first time around - France (both main and league cup), Italy, Holland, Russia, Spain, Turkey and Argentina. I've checked now though and it's back to only affecting Greece, with the others automatically having switched to No Detail - loading an earlier save though this issue is still visible in the other countries and they seem to be fixed over time. Sorry if that's confusing, not sure I've phrased it too well, and let me know if any of the saves are helpful.

I have problem with the greek cup too. Rules are that you can have up to 7 subs but ingame i can only pick 5. Also ingame there is a rule that you must have 2 under 20s players in the starting eleven which is wrong. Official rule is that 2 under 20s players must be in the 18 players submited for the match(they can be both as subs).

14 hours ago, Azoros7 said:

I have problem with the greek cup too. Rules are that you can have up to 7 subs but ingame i can only pick 5. Also ingame there is a rule that you must have 2 under 20s players in the starting eleven which is wrong. Official rule is that 2 under 20s players must be in the 18 players submitted for the match(they can be both as subs).

Are you saying that the rule for 7 subs is there, but the game is only allowing you to use 5?
I can see 7 subs from the 4th round (group stage) onwards in the save game I am looking at.

Also I can only see a rule that states that there must be 2 under 20 players in the match squad.

Could you upload a save game for us to look at? Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

5 hours ago, jehovaswitnessatyourdooraswespeak said:

I am under the impression that Panathinaikos can sign players over-23 if they are free transfers. i.e. Macheda signing. I think they can't buy players over-23. 

Ok. I will pass this info on. Cheers

On 23/10/2018 at 19:59, Ed Hewison said:

This is because you have a transfer ban.

@Peritri - This person has signed only under 23 players, because the transfer ban prevents them from signing older players.
Should they still be able to be registered for the squad do you know?

Yes, he must be able to register them if the players are under 23 years old.

When did he tried to register them? Registration periods are the same with transfer periods in Greece.

Hello.
You know about the Greek Cup consecutive match schedule . I would like to ask if that will change in all saves or new saves.
Also,as you can see , after re-arranging , some matches are too close f.e. Sunday-Tuesday , something not possible in Greek Superleague( i guess in any league)
image.thumb.png.107a9ccc3b0d68c0a14425de1f26607f.png
Thanks for everything!

Hi,

in the second year, after the superleague teams have been reduced from 16 to 14, in March, April and May there are only there matches (one per month). I believe the superleague structure from next year should have:

- home/away games among all 14 teams

at the end of this, there should be some playoffs (like small group stage with the first 6 teams) with home/away games to decide who wins the league and who qualifies for european football.

is it possible to check?

I am having a trouble with the format of the championship. After the third year there are 12 teams with playoff and playout. But the playoff teams are starting the next stage with zero points. There should be some differences there, we are going to follow Belgium's format.

For everyone's information, Panathinaikos is not allowed to sign any foreign player over 23 years old for one year. Only Greek players under 23. They had one exception, that's how they got Macheda.

There is also another thing (not exactly a bug) which I don't know where to adress it. Panathinaikos playing in OAKA stadium for now, but they have their own stadium called Apostolos Nikolaidis and they just not using it because of a fight between the owner of the team and the owner of the stadium. Probably they will go back there next season so it would be great to be like this in the game

In the 3rd season, greek league gets 12 teams with play-offs and play-outs. I see it's been addressed before but the scheduling is poor, with games being played in February and ALL THE TEAMS GO TO 0 POINTS. Something that probably won't happen. I think they're gonna continue with the same points or just divided by 2.

Hi, im having similar issues.  My biggest issue is with transfers, as I cannot register 2 u23 Brazilians I signed although eligibility is up to 8 non eu players.  the cup was also an issue as played 3 games in a row

The matchdates for the round 4 of the cup are wrong,the matches take place at end of september,end of october  and early december.

My team Panathinaikos is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next three seasons.

Again my team Panathinaikos has been hit with significant transfer restrictions. They will be able to sign an infinite amount of Greek players (who must be eligible to represent the National Team) under the age of 23, but apart from that, there are limitations at play. For instance, the club is only able to sign one Greek or foreigner over 23 in the upcoming summer transfer window. In the winter transfer window, the club can sign only one Greek over 23 and no foreigner.All that only for season 2018/2019.

2 hours ago, Marios Alucard said:

The matchdates for the round 4 of the cup are wrong,the matches take place at end of september,end of october  and early december.

My team Panathinaikos is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next three seasons.

Again my team Panathinaikos has been hit with significant transfer restrictions. They will be able to sign an infinite amount of Greek players (who must be eligible to represent the National Team) under the age of 23, but apart from that, there are limitations at play. For instance, the club is only able to sign one Greek or foreigner over 23 in the upcoming summer transfer window. In the winter transfer window, the club can sign only one Greek over 23 and no foreigner.All that only for season 2018/2019.

All three of these issues are currently under review. Cheers for reporting them.

As you can see, after regular season finish, all team in play off and in play out starts with 0 points. This is total unfair, you should fix this at least with the same points from regular season!

playoff.png

Regular season.png

Come on guys! Fix this issue! 3rd Season on Greece, teams are not keeping their points on play - off! 

DDu6rKt.jpg

dRCjwaF.jpg

XlUsPRq.jpg

plaese fix this immediate or release a save game compatible hotfix for this issue. 
It makes the game completely unrealistic for the greek championship.

Cheers for reporting this points issue everyone. This is being looked at now. 

I was playing FM19 with Olympiakos. It was all good until the middle of October 2018, when a player of my team (Podence) was suddenly unregistered from the Greek League, while I didn't do anything to cause that (with editor or other stuff). He had already played five games in the league before that. Can this problem be fixed, or should I reach until next January to register him again?
This is my save, in case someone wants to look at it. The problem showed up before the match against PAOK.

Edited by LeDele

Is it a bug that the leagues (Top and second division) have gone to 12 teams from the original after two seasons? The play offs and relegation also seems to change each year. Is this a bug or changes to the league rules to represent upcoming changes in real life? 

The only bug is that the 3rd season the teams entering the playoffs with 0 points. Hope it will be fixed soon. 

Anyone to suggest a solution? I can't play the game because of that, and I 'd not prefer to buy the in-game editor to fix it... Thanks

On 03/11/2018 at 19:07, LeDele said:

I was playing FM19 with Olympiakos. It was all good until the middle of October 2018, when a player of my team (Podence) was suddenly unregistered from the Greek League, while I didn't do anything to cause that (with editor or other stuff). He had already played five games in the league before that. Can this problem be fixed, or should I reach until next January to register him again?
This is my save, in case someone wants to look at it. The problem showed up before the match against PAOK.

Hi @LeDele. Thanks for reporting this.

Do you have a save game from before Podence becomes ineligible?

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

Hi @Ed Hewison , thanks for the answer.
I uploaded a save game before Podence becomes ineligible, with the way you showed me. The file is called "LeDeleBeforeProblem.fm".

25 minutes ago, LeDele said:

Hi @Ed Hewison , thanks for the answer.
I uploaded a save game before Podence becomes ineligible, with the way you showed me. The file is called "LeDeleBeforeProblem.fm".

Great. Thanks for providing everything that we needed to look at this. 

Will the playoff point update, be save-game compatible? if so, when do you guys plan on releasing the new patch? Thanks.

I tried to edit the play off points problem with the pre game editor but even though all leagues got verified the league stays with 16 teams all the years....

does anyone know why?