Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Germany here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Germany should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Is it intentional that the German 3 Liga (which has always been playable) is no longer in the game?

Kinda ruined my entire plans for FM19 if its not there...

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mallo:

Is it intentional that the German 3 Liga (which has always been playable) is no longer in the game?

Kinda ruined my entire plans for FM19 if its not there...

Yeah, i wanted to start a new create a club in the 3rd league and make my way up like in FM18...now i see its currently only 1. + 2. Bundesliga...

Edited by Etebaer

14 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Yeah, i wanted to start a new create a club in the 3rd league and make my way up like in FM18...now i see its currently only 1. + 2. Bundesliga...

They said on twitter a little while ago, due to licencing issues.

Which begs the question: Should licencing things not bring us MORE content and not less?

Edit - And by that I mean if licencing the Bundesliga has somehow caused the 3 Ligas deletion, then that is a huge shame imo!

Edited by Mallo

3 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

naglesmann joins leipzig on 7/1/2019 on my save instead of 1/7/19

good spot sir wouldnt have seen that and peed me off big time when he moves half way through season:D

23 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

good spot sir wouldnt have seen that and peed me off big time when he moves half way through season:D

same as. use these two weeks for stuff like this. 

38 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

same as. use these two weeks for stuff like this. 

use until january/usually last patch :(

21 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

naglesmann joins leipzig on 7/1/2019 on my save instead of 1/7/19

This is being looked at. Cheers for reporting it to us.

Although, for next time please post things of this nature in the data issues thread for Germany.

Hello guys,

in a video of FM-Show I saw that the german Bundesliga champion was not opening the new season (first match of the season). The Bundesliga champion always plays the first match of the season but it is not set if home or away.

Make it 4 in 8 for what it's worth. 

Come on, this really shouldn't happen every year anew. 

Weird thing being that the first match against Freiburg is scheduled by the Bundesliga for the 30 Nov - 02 Dec week of 2018. However, in game, it was moved to Jan 23 2019 without any reason whatsoever, as there's clearly absolutely nothing spectacular happening during these days. 

3 in 5.png

fmbug.png

Edited by Blarry

On 19/10/2018 at 22:48, JumanoPrince said:

Hello guys,

in a video of FM-Show I saw that the german Bundesliga champion was not opening the new season (first match of the season). The Bundesliga champion always plays the first match of the season but it is not set if home or away.

We currently have FC Bayern v TSG Hoffenheim on Friday 24th August as the first game of the Bundesliga season in game. Cheers.

On 21/10/2018 at 15:55, Blarry said:

Make it 4 in 8 for what it's worth. 

Come on, this really shouldn't happen every year anew. 

Weird thing being that the first match against Freiburg is scheduled by the Bundesliga for the 30 Nov - 02 Dec week of 2018. However, in game, it was moved to Jan 23 2019 without any reason whatsoever, as there's clearly absolutely nothing spectacular happening during these days. 

Hi @Blarry.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from before your Champions Cup Quarter Final Second Leg v Real Madrid?
Winning that game seems to have caused the Freiburg game to be moved from the Tuesday the Semi Final is now on. 

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

FC230F6C5404C9A38C2D1839E2A71AB0072F94E6

The third paragraph tells me that Fortuna Dusseldorf will struggle to claim back to back titles. Impossible, given they got promoted last season, of course. Not sure if this is a bug that will be experienced in all lower divisions, but it does happen in Germany which is my logic behind posting here. Not sure this is the correct place but I'm honestly not sure where is, so apologies if this is way off.

17 hours ago, JDownie said:

FC230F6C5404C9A38C2D1839E2A71AB0072F94E6

The third paragraph tells me that Fortuna Dusseldorf will struggle to claim back to back titles. Impossible, given they got promoted last season, of course. Not sure if this is a bug that will be experienced in all lower divisions, but it does happen in Germany which is my logic behind posting here. Not sure this is the correct place but I'm honestly not sure where is, so apologies if this is way off.

Hi @JDownie.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from before the match that maintained your unbeaten record? 

51 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @JDownie.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from before the match that maintained your unbeaten record? 

Just about to start work, I'll do it when I get home tonight. 

However it happens every time I maintain this record, it doesn't stop telling me. I've had it for the last 4 games at least. I'll definitely upload it tonight :thup:

On 22/10/2018 at 18:43, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Blarry.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. Could you please provide a save game from before your Champions Cup Quarter Final Second Leg v Real Madrid?
Winning that game seems to have caused the Freiburg game to be moved from the Tuesday the Semi Final is now on. 

Apologies for the delay.

So I suspect this bug occurred for the first time around my 14th undefeated game. I'm now on 18, but I've had it (for definite) on the 14th, 15th and 17th games (the 16th game did not prompt this - not sure why, it was a win like the others around it). Unfortunately I had continued far enough (I did not think the save data would be useful) that my weekly overwrites have gone too far. I can provide a save for my latest game - I beat Sandhausen 2-0 and it gave me the same message about Fortuna Dusseldorf. I deliberately saved prior to KO in expectation of this situation, so I hope this is still somewhat useful.

I have just now uploaded my save file, titled "Hamburger SV.fm", to the ownCloud. I hope it helps :)

e: Also if you are going to play the game against Sandhausen, if/when you take a comfortable lead, the game text at the bottom stated for me "This will make it 17 games unbeaten for Hamburger SV!!" - it would (and did) make me 18 games unbeaten. I didn't think to screenshot it. 

Edited by JDownie

2 hours ago, JDownie said:

Apologies for the delay.

So I suspect this bug occurred for the first time around my 14th undefeated game. I'm now on 18, but I've had it (for definite) on the 14th, 15th and 17th games (the 16th game did not prompt this - not sure why, it was a win like the others around it). Unfortunately I had continued far enough (I did not think the save data would be useful) that my weekly overwrites have gone too far. I can provide a save for my latest game - I beat Sandhausen 2-0 and it gave me the same message about Fortuna Dusseldorf. I deliberately saved prior to KO in expectation of this situation, so I hope this is still somewhat useful.

I have just now uploaded my save file, titled "Hamburger SV.fm", to the ownCloud. I hope it helps :)

e: Also if you are going to play the game against Sandhausen, if/when you take a comfortable lead, the game text at the bottom stated for me "This will make it 17 games unbeaten for Hamburger SV!!" - it would (and did) make me 18 games unbeaten. I didn't think to screenshot it. 

Thanks @JDownie. This is now under review.

I have also raised the commentary issue with the Match team. 

Cheers for providing everything we needed to look at this one.

Am 22.10.2018 um 19:27 schrieb Ed Hewison:

We currently have FC Bayern v TSG Hoffenheim on Friday 24th August as the first game of the Bundesliga season in game. Cheers.

Yes, for the current season 2018/19, because of the implementation of the original schedule. But in the following seasons the opening match of the Bundesliga is randomly chosen. As I said, the rule is that the german champion opens the season at friday. Please check it in the league rules. If you need a screenshot of this issue in 2019/20, let me know. Thanks.

In my St Pauli save at the tactics screen the advice button doesn't work also I have to pick the team manually (Quick pick doesn't work) (incl U19's) with no green circles showing under position/role duty. Ability and best roles are unknown also.

6 minutes ago, EvisNP said:

In my St Pauli (Create a Club) save at the tactics screen the advice button doesn't work also I have to pick the team manually (Quick pick doesn't work) (incl U19's) with no green circles showing under position/role duty. Ability and best roles are unknown also.

Also for St Pauli II

Edited by EvisNP

On 29/10/2018 at 12:28, JumanoPrince said:

Yes, for the current season 2018/19, because of the implementation of the original schedule. But in the following seasons the opening match of the Bundesliga is randomly chosen. As I said, the rule is that the german champion opens the season at friday. Please check it in the league rules. If you need a screenshot of this issue in 2019/20, let me know. Thanks.

Thanks @JumanoPrince. We have this under review.

9 hours ago, Kraudi said:

Found a bug. There is a mistake in the calculation for the bundesliga yearly player wages.

DzjwJbo.png

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain what the issue is?

If you have a problem with the amount of wages then that would be a data issue.

2 hours ago, EvisNP said:

In my St Pauli save at the tactics screen the advice button doesn't work also I have to pick the team manually (Quick pick doesn't work) (incl U19's) with no green circles showing under position/role duty. Ability and best roles are unknown also.

Could you please upload a save game for us to look at?

While playing my first season in the Bundesliga, i got to the German Cup semi final. For some reason (this really seems to be a bug) there are 5 teams displayed after the draw is finished. Also, the 5 teams were also listed in the mail I got before the draw. Unfortunately i don't have a screenshot of it. (Hope this is supposed to be in this topic).

FMbug.JPG

19 hours ago, Zoom272 said:

While playing my first season in the Bundesliga, i got to the German Cup semi final. For some reason (this really seems to be a bug) there are 5 teams displayed after the draw is finished. Also, the 5 teams were also listed in the mail I got before the draw. Unfortunately i don't have a screenshot of it. (Hope this is supposed to be in this topic).

FMbug.JPG

Hi @Zoom272.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. It looks like there is still a match to play in the previous round.

Can you see why one of the Quarter Finals was delayed? 

Hamburg SV II have no fixtures?

They are in the Regionalliga North irl?

FM7.jpg

No German teams II teams have fixtures it seems? Is this a bug, or intended? Seems crazy if its intended.

Edited by Mallo

4 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Zoom272.

Thank you very much for posting this issue. It looks like there is still a match to play in the previous round.

Can you see why one of the Quarter Finals was delayed? 

Hi @Ed Hewison,

Indeed, the draw was made on 4th of March and the game of Gladbach vs Hertha was played on 5th. This seems though to be at least a visual bug with correctly displaying the teams.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Mallo:

Hamburg SV II have no fixtures?

They are in the Regionalliga North irl?

FM7.jpg

No German teams II teams have fixtures it seems? Is this a bug, or intended? Seems crazy if its intended.

FM comes not with activated Regionalligen, so you have to wait for the release of the editor (comes with release of full version) to activate the lower German divisions.

At the moment it looks like they have no games but those will be simulated hidden in background, so players won't lack match praxis.

4 hours ago, Octavianus[GER] said:

FM comes not with activated Regionalligen, so you have to wait for the release of the editor (comes with release of full version) to activate the lower German divisions.

At the moment it looks like they have no games but those will be simulated hidden in background, so players won't lack match praxis.

Yeah this really puts me off. The whole 'German Licence' thing got me excited for a German save but, nope. Having to use the editor to get the 3 Liga and have a working reserve team has ruined it for me. Oh well, I'll skip Germany again then.

Edit - Such a shame that getting the Bundesliga licence ruined the 3 Liga. Was the 3 Liga deleted on the request of the Bundesliga people due to different licences or was it some other reason? Really struggling to understand this decision to be honest.

Edited by Mallo

The "reserve team issue" is known for years because Regionalligen haven't been part of the released games for years now. And this year as well because there are no more reserve teams in this season's 3. Liga. I can understand that you're upset about the lack of 3. Liga from the start but the leagues can be activated by editor files easily. And I'm pretty sure that there will be a file pretty soon after release of FM. So I don't really understand the point.

5 minutes ago, Octavianus[GER] said:

The "reserve team issue" is known for years because Regionalligen haven't been part of the released games for years now. And this year as well because there are no more reserve teams in this season's 3. Liga. I can understand that you're upset about the lack of 3. Liga from the start but the leagues can be activated by editor files easily. And I'm pretty sure that there will be a file pretty soon after release of FM. So I don't really understand the point.

I'm well versed in the editor, I could easily do it myself to be honest. Just not the point though really. If you don't understand, I'm not going to try and explain. We'll just move on. Thanks for the responses.

Edit - Maybe I SHOULD try to explain. Use of the editor is just something that a lot of people (myself included) just don't like doing for a 'normal' save. It's just a preference thing. Having the 3 Liga previously and now finding its deleted while there are more exciting teams (historically speaking) in it than for many years is just a shame for people who want a 'Vanilla' game. Anyway. Thats that. Cheers.

Edited by Mallo

Last match at March is 16/4 and the next 6/4 why so many days without any match on Bundesliga? It is a bug or just nations matches?

Edited by bacardimojito

Me and 2 mates started a multiplayer FM save starting in February (Irish start date (12/2/2019 or something) as unemployed. 2 of us took 3rd bundes. teams & found that our teams were entirely unregistered and had been for alot of the season, hence why they are bottom. We went forward to our first game and found we were provided with a full team of fake players and our squad was unregisteredAre we just stupid or are we missing something?

Update.... I got a new manager and started managing parlermo in the same save and I have the same issue, with alot of the players being unreigestered. The other person however now has the coventry job and those players are reigsterable so I dont know whats going on.

2nd Update... Looking at alot of different lower divisions (e.g. French 2nd as well) the squads arent registered. - Guess this isnt really a Germany Issue anymore, where should I crosspost?

Edited by Cansoi

In my Germany save I have a weird fixture clash with international duty for under 21 teams.  This is particularly problematic for me as half my first team squad are not available to me for a crunch game against Bayer 04 including both my first and second choice keepers (I have a young team).  The match is on the 5th of October 2022.  I can provide the save game if you need it.

Edited by WhyMe
forgot year

Kaiserslauterns kit numbers are not visible in the match engine. Home kit only. I can only assume the numbers are the same colour as the back of the shirt (white) in the editor.

On 02/11/2018 at 22:30, Cansoi said:

Me and 2 mates started a multiplayer FM save starting in February (Irish start date (12/2/2019 or something) as unemployed. 2 of us took 3rd bundes. teams & found that our teams were entirely unregistered and had been for alot of the season, hence why they are bottom. We went forward to our first game and found we were provided with a full team of fake players and our squad was unregisteredAre we just stupid or are we missing something?

Update.... I got a new manager and started managing parlermo in the same save and I have the same issue, with alot of the players being unreigestered. The other person however now has the coventry job and those players are reigsterable so I dont know whats going on.

2nd Update... Looking at alot of different lower divisions (e.g. French 2nd as well) the squads arent registered. - Guess this isnt really a Germany Issue anymore, where should I crosspost?

This is now under review. Cheers.

On 03/11/2018 at 16:21, WhyMe said:

In my Germany save I have a weird fixture clash with international duty for under 21 teams.  This is particularly problematic for me as half my first team squad are not available to me for a crunch game against Bayer 04 including both my first and second choice keepers (I have a young team).  The match is on the 5th of October 2022.  I can provide the save game if you need it.

Please upload a save game if you still have it.  Thanks @WhyMe.
Were you given the option to recall any players or prevent them from leaving on international duty?

21 hours ago, Jimbo_the_red said:

Kaiserslauterns kit numbers are not visible in the match engine. Home kit only. I can only assume the numbers are the same colour as the back of the shirt (white) in the editor.

This is a data issue and I see that you have already posted about it in the German Data issues thread. 

3 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Please upload a save game if you still have it.  Thanks @WhyMe.
Were you given the option to recall any players or prevent them from leaving on international duty?

Hi Ed,

I uploaded a save game called fixture clash and to answer your question no I don't think I did get an option to recall or prevent players from going on international duty.  I suspect it was a result of the different fixture scheduling caused by the 2022 world cup in Qatar.

The ingame use of the VAR in the German Cup differs from reality. In reality the VAR is used in any game from the quarter-final on (and never in the three rounds before), while ingame the VAR is always and only used, if the match is played on the home-ground of a first-league team (but regardless of the stage the match is played)

On 06/11/2018 at 20:47, WhyMe said:

Hi Ed,

I uploaded a save game called fixture clash and to answer your question no I don't think I did get an option to recall or prevent players from going on international duty.  I suspect it was a result of the different fixture scheduling caused by the 2022 world cup in Qatar.

Thanks @WhyMe. I don't reckon those youth international qualifying matches should be scheduled for those dates.
It would make more sense for them to be moved to during the Qatar World Cup. This is now under review. 

Cheers for providing everything we needed for this one.

16 hours ago, Eckfahne said:

The ingame use of the VAR in the German Cup differs from reality. In reality the VAR is used in any game from the quarter-final on (and never in the three rounds before), while ingame the VAR is always and only used, if the match is played on the home-ground of a first-league team (but regardless of the stage the match is played)

Thanks @Eckfahne. We can remove it for the first three rounds if that is the case.

Do you know what happens if a Second or Third Division team makes it to the quarter-final?
Would they definitely have the ability to have VAR in their games?

What do you think @Octavianus[GER] & @Kox?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Ed Hewison:

Thanks @Eckfahne. We can remove it for the first three rounds if that is the case.

Do you know what happens if a Second or Third Division team makes it to the quarter-final?
Would they definitely have the ability to have VAR in their games?

What do you think @Octavianus[GER] & @Kox?

I looked it up on the official site of the DFB (German Soccer Association):

https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/pokal-ab-viertelfinale-mit-video-assistent-176359/

Zitat

Pokal ab Viertelfinale mit Video-Assistent

Ab dem Viertelfinale der laufenden Saison kommt der Video-Assistent auch im DFB-Pokal zum Einsatz. Der Spielausschuss des Deutschen Fußball-Bundes (DFB) folgte mit dieser Entscheidung einem Vorschlag der Schiedsrichterkommission Elite. Die Umsetzung ab dem Viertelfinale ist in Abstimmung mit der DFL aus organisatorischer und wirtschaftlicher Sicht darstellbar.

Der für den DFB-Pokal zuständige DFB-Vizepräsident Peter Frymuth, der das Präsidium in seinem Bericht in der heutigen Sitzung informierte, führt weiter aus: "Sollte ein Verein im Viertelfinale Heimrecht haben, der nicht in der Bundesliga spielt, wird bei dieser Partie auf eine Van-Lösung, also mobile Video-Assistent-Technik, zurückgegriffen. Somit ist unabhängig vom Austragungsort gewährleistet, dass alle vier Partien unter den gleichen Voraussetzungen stattfinden."

Bei Heimspielen von Bundesligavereinen vor dem Viertelfinale wird, auch wenn technisch möglich, der Video-Assistent nicht zum Einsatz kommen. Diese Entscheidung sorgt für eine einheitliche Vorgehensweise bei allen Spielen und beugt einer Ungleichbehandlung der Partien vor.

[dfb]

The first paragraph lines out the reasons for the basic rule ("the use from the quarter finals on is feasible for economic and organisatoric reasons"), the 2nd explains the case of non-1st-Bundesliga-Clubs having home games from the quarter final (which is solved by using a mobile technique - VAR inside a van), while the 3rd Paragraph clearly states that no VAR will be used on Bundesliga home grounds before quarter final to ensure equal-treating of everyone.

Edited by Eckfahne

Eckfahne is correct. We should regard this, if you can code something like that. If not I prefer the simple solution that is momentarily set in the rules.

At least the stage should be reflected although I thought we've set that in db.

On 09/11/2018 at 17:29, Octavianus[GER] said:

Eckfahne is correct. We should regard this, if you can code something like that. If not I prefer the simple solution that is momentarily set in the rules.

At least the stage should be reflected although I thought we've set that in db.

Cheers for your help on this issue everyone.

We will likely keep it to Bundesliga teams only but will allow VAR from only the Quarter Final onwards.