Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Colombia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Colombia here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Colombia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Summary;

it seems there’s a small mistake in the calculation of average points for Santa Fe in the Colombian fist division. They have been given 770 points for 2017 

I have included an image

this was from one test but shouldn’t be too hard to replicate. If you load up a game in the Colombian league and check ‘average points’ on Santa Fe league then you should see if it is still the case. 

Thanks and apologies if this was raised anywhere else

4B9FE9BE-F439-4F45-AACF-37115D184B89.jpeg

hace 5 horas, Godfarmer dijo:

Summary;

it seems there’s a small mistake in the calculation of average points for Santa Fe in the Colombian fist division. They have been given 770 points for 2017 

I have included an image

this was from one test but shouldn’t be too hard to replicate. If you load up a game in the Colombian league and check ‘average points’ on Santa Fe league then you should see if it is still the case. 

4B9FE9BE-F439-4F45-AACF-37115D184B89.jpeg

Thanx for the report, we know that and we'll try to fix.

For future report, please put the info in Colombian topic for league issues

On 22/10/2018 at 12:41, Godfarmer said:

Summary;

I have included an image

Thanks @Godfarmer. I've moved your post here as @makul said.

This is already under review. Cheers for reporting it though.

Hi! Furthermore, Santa Fe gets credited as champions even though they (in my save) ended up 20th on the overall table. It seems the average points winner gets the championship, perhaps?

I also won both stages in the Colombian Second Division with Magdalena, and the overall table, but Cartagena was credited the championship. Cartagena topped the league table stage one if that makes any difference.

@m.braathen Hi! Could you put a screen for the First division and Second Division table (opening, closening and overall)?

Hello .. I find an error in the titles of the teams. None have titles since the short tournaments were established. Example: Deportivo Cali in 2018 has 9 titles, but in the game it appears with 7. And so with all the teams. I think it should be like the Mexican league where the main competition has the history of all the tournaments and adds up as a title.

image.thumb.png.399c6c09d1198bec851c69bea05b776a.png

En 11/11/2018 a las 12:22, juanespabon8 dijo:

Hello .. I find an error in the titles of the teams. None have titles since the short tournaments were established. Example: Deportivo Cali in 2018 has 9 titles, but in the game it appears with 7. And so with all the teams. I think it should be like the Mexican league where the main competition has the history of all the tournaments and adds up as a title.

hace 2 horas, juanespabon8 dijo:

No answer???

Hi @juanespabon8 , thanx for the report. We'll try to fix this.

Edit: For your peace of mind, the data is loaded, we don't know why the game doesn't show them. If you open the editor and look for the champions of the league you will see that everything is entered.

Edited by makul

Hi! Decided to give Colombia a go again to see if some of the problems I had in the beta were fixed, and it seems most of it is.

I'm just wondering if maybe there's a mistake in how the playoffs are drawn. From what I understand in real life, the top 4 teams are drawn first to decide who plays game A, B, C and D, next they assign their opponents by drawing 5th to 8th. Also, I read that the top 4 teams will have home advantage in the second leg. In the game, the draw is completely random! This made for some really weird match-ups, as the top 4 all faced each other the first round in my save, and often the higher ranked team would play at home first instead of the other way around.

hace 4 horas, m.braathen dijo:

Hi! Decided to give Colombia a go again to see if some of the problems I had in the beta were fixed, and it seems most of it is.

I'm just wondering if maybe there's a mistake in how the playoffs are drawn. From what I understand in real life, the top 4 teams are drawn first to decide who plays game A, B, C and D, next they assign their opponents by drawing 5th to 8th. Also, I read that the top 4 teams will have home advantage in the second leg. In the game, the draw is completely random! This made for some really weird match-ups, as the top 4 all faced each other the first round in my save, and often the higher ranked team would play at home first instead of the other way around.

thanx for the report. We'll try to fix this.

En 12/11/2018 a las 13:09, makul dijo:

Hi @juanespabon8 , thanx for the report. We'll try to fix this.

Edit: For your peace of mind, the data is loaded, we don't know why the game doesn't show them. If you open the editor and look for the champions of the league you will see that everything is entered.

Yes i know. In the database the data is correct, but the game its not showing it. I dont know why you guys changed the way colombian league is counted as a trophy. I believe in 2016 or 2015 if you won any of the two phases, the title counted as one in the BIG league. But in 2018 and 2019 maybe 2017 also, the trophies are separated. Mexican, Argentinian, Peruvian, etc leagues work OK in this matter. Im colombian and its a bit annoying. Thanks for the answer!

Edited by juanespabon8

The game seems to consider the team that finished top of the average points table as the champion, as well as the winners of the Apertura and Finalización. 

Under the Past Winners section of the league page, it has three lists I can look at - one for the Apertura, one for the Finalización, but the other one (the one it shows first) lists Atlético Nacional as Liga Águila winners. Similarly, Atlético Nacional's honours page lists them as having won the Liga Águila in 2018. But they didn't win anything - they finished 11th in the Apertura, and lost in the Semi Final of the Finalización. They finished top of the average points table, but this doesn't matter for being champion - only Deportes Tolima and América de Cali should be considered champions.

20181118110456_1.jpg20181118110421_1.jpg20181118110333_1.jpg

20181118110358_1.jpg20181118111627_1.jpg

Edited by Liiiithium

On 11/11/2018 at 15:22, juanespabon8 said:

I'm unsure what you mean @juanespabon8.

This is what I can see after the first season where Once Caldas have won the Opening and Closing Stages of the First Division.

image.thumb.png.51f0328e3e0a06f5d437ca43d344c0fe.png

On 18/11/2018 at 11:18, Liiiithium said:

The game seems to consider the team that finished top of the average points table as the champion, as well as the winners of the Apertura and Finalización. 

Under the Past Winners section of the league page, it has three lists I can look at - one for the Apertura, one for the Finalización, but the other one (the one it shows first) lists Atlético Nacional as Liga Águila winners. Similarly, Atlético Nacional's honours page lists them as having won the Liga Águila in 2018. But they didn't win anything - they finished 11th in the Apertura, and lost in the Semi Final of the Finalización. They finished top of the average points table, but this doesn't matter for being champion - only Deportes Tolima and América de Cali should be considered champions.

We have got this to reproduce for the top 3 Average Points table teams getting picked for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the overall "First Division" Past Winners entry.

Cheers for reporting this one to us @Liiiithium

On 21/11/2018 at 21:24, m.braathen said:

@Ed Hewison Any news on fixing the seeding for the league playoff? It's supposed to be in two pots, 1st-4th and 5th-8th, not all random. Waiting to get my Colombia save started again :onmehead:

Hi @m.braathen.

This is still being looked at right now, but it should be something that will make it into the next update that goes out.

Cheers for your patience.

Maybe this is not a bug.

But I cannot find a Season Preview Option in the Overview menu of the Colombian First Division:

SeasonPreview_ColombiaFirstf7bfaea9cec1b

It is present for the second division though.

Is this working as intended?

Thanks in advance.

BR

hace 2 horas, andershs dijo:

Maybe this is not a bug.

But I cannot find a Season Preview Option in the Overview menu of the Colombian First Division:

SeasonPreview_ColombiaFirstf7bfaea9cec1b

It is present for the second division though.

Is this working as intended?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Hi @andershs I've already noticed that and I reported it a while ago, it will try to resolve for the patch. 

Thank you for the report.

Hi @andershs

Can you see it on the "home" page of the Colombian First Division?
Instead of the page for that phase you should be able to see the Season Preview on the main "Colombian First Division" page.

Like this:

image.thumb.png.08bb4619d73bed2ce7a6f8001c7b39c3.png

On 07/01/2019 at 18:36, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @andershs

Can you see it on the "home" page of the Colombian First Division?
Instead of the page for that phase you should be able to see the Season Preview on the main "Colombian First Division" page.

Like this:

image.thumb.png.08bb4619d73bed2ce7a6f8001c7b39c3.png

Hi @Ed Hewison

Yes, I can. Once the season is finished at my club (have played all matches in First and Second Phase). Perhaps there is no issue at all. Sorry, if I have wasted your time.

Maybe it is just not clear to me, how to access the Colombian First Division screen once the First or Second Phase is in progess.

Best regards

Edited by andershs

On 19/01/2019 at 22:20, andershs said:

Maybe it is just not clear to me, how to access the Colombian First Division screen once the First or Second Phase is in progess.

Thanks for the feedback. We should work on making it more obvious where it is.