Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Australia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Australia here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Australia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I've signed Scott McDonald for Victory yet I keep being told to register him when I did so on first prompt and gave him his squad number which is acknowledged. As you can see in the top right I'm being stopped from going any further by the 'Must Respond' prompt. I've put this here due to the Aussie rules i'm assuming it's a registration issue.

Edit (1:41): If i press the Must Respond a few times it does continue and seems to over-ride but the McDonald message won't acknowledge he's registered.

2018-10-19 (1).png

2018-10-19.png

Edited by rwq

17 hours ago, rwq said:

I've signed Scott McDonald for Victory yet I keep being told to register him when I did so on first prompt and gave him his squad number which is acknowledged. As you can see in the top right I'm being stopped from going any further by the 'Must Respond' prompt. I've put this here due to the Aussie rules i'm assuming it's a registration issue.

Edit (1:41): If i press the Must Respond a few times it does continue and seems to over-ride but the McDonald message won't acknowledge he's registered.

2018-10-19 (1).png

2018-10-19.png

Hi @rwq.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please could you upload a save game to the cloud for us to look at?

The instructions for how to do this are below

Some teams are gutting their squads in order to squeeze in high earning loan players into salary cap. These releases are well before squad selection deadline on 22nd October.

Melbourne City releases - Melbourne City squad - Probable cause

Melbourne Victory releases - Melbourne Victory squad - Probably cause

Sydney releases - Sydney squad - Probable cause

I believe the issue is that these players aren't classified as designated players, as De Laet should be (https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5646063/melbourne-city-sign-de-laet-as-marquee/?cs=2439)

1 hour ago, Balahara said:

Some teams are gutting their squads in order to squeeze in high earning loan players into salary cap. These releases are well before squad selection deadline on 22nd October.

I believe the issue is that these players aren't classified as designated players, as De Laet should be (https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5646063/melbourne-city-sign-de-laet-as-marquee/?cs=2439)

Aleague has this issue every new FM. How have they not sorted it by now

2 hours ago, Balahara said:

I'm pretty sure the Victory one is due to Troisi not being marked as a marquee in this DB

Yep I have this issue as well as I have to gut my team down before scrapping that plan for beta and switching to Malmo FF.

4 hours ago, HawkAussie said:

Yep I have this issue as well as I have to gut my team down before scrapping that plan for beta and switching to Malmo FF.

i really hope they sort it out for the full release, i really want to sink my teeth in to an A-League save, something that i haven't really been able to do in previous versions as i like as realistic as possible with correct staff and youth players etc 

(Note: some of this relates to player data issues, I have posted this in this section as these player data issues relate directly to the structure of the league and how that interacts with the leagues transfer & registration rules)

ISSUE: I have had the same issue as others. Certain A-league clubs release a lot of players to make up for unrealistically large wages for certain players. This leads to certain teams needing 'greyed out' players to fill out the squad, and unbalanced matches.

ISSUE: Also I believe that it is an error for players who are not set as Marquee "Designated Players" to begin the game on wages above $6500 Australian dollars weekly.

The game (fm2019 v 19.0.2b) sets, during contact discussions, the minimum wage for a Marquee signing as being around $6500 Australian dollars per week. This works well. 

It follows logically then that A-League teams having Non-Marquee players in their squads with weekly wages set nearly double that number (eg Ben Halloran on $9,500 AUD weekly) must be inaccurate. You need to lower these specific players wages unless they're on Marquee Player contracts.

Doing so would add to the game's realism and also serve to help fix the "A-league clubs releasing players" issue.

Solution: Some of the specific players contracts which need to be lowered, or assigned as 'Designated', are as follows:

Juande , Ben Halloran ,  Raul Baena (UID 1500564) - All three have unrealistically high wages. Need to be reduced to something below $6,500 AUD weekly -

Ronald Vargas's (UID 18022929) - Correctly Identified as Designated players but his wage should definitely be lowered somewhat  - 

Ross McCormack should be classified as a Marquee loan. It is also likely Central Coast Mariners are playing a much smaller portion of his wages than is reflected in game https://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/story/5630674/mariners-eyeing-ross-mccormack-as-marquee/?cs=9740

Siem de jong (UID 37003542) - Needs to be assigned as a designated Marquee player- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/23/sydney-fc-set-to-unveil-latest-marquee-signing-siem-de-jong

There are more that need to be changed, but fixing the above would be be a good start. At the moment the league is unfortunately borderline unplayable by October in-game, but reducing wages, and correctly designating the Marquee players as such should fix everything.

Thanks SI Games & Community. You guys do a great job and I can't wait to start a new game with these issues resolved.

I have attached a few screenshots of the situation. These screenshots were taken post-registration deadline day. at 00:00 23rd October 2019 (in-game)

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.15.54 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.15.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.16.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.16.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.19.53 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.04 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.23 pm.png

Edited by cumminsjordan
Clarity

1 hour ago, cumminsjordan said:

(Note: some of this relates to player data issues, I have posted this in this section as these player data issues relate directly to the structure of the league and how that interacts with the leagues transfer & registration rules)

ISSUE: I have had the same issue as others. Certain A-league clubs release a lot of players to make up for unrealistically large wages for certain players. This leads to certain teams needing 'greyed out' players to fill out the squad, and unbalanced matches.

ISSUE: Also I believe that it is an error for players who are not set as Marquee "Designated Players" to begin the game on wages above $6500 Australian dollars weekly.

The game (fm2019 v 19.0.2b) sets, during contact discussions, the minimum wage for a Marquee signing as being around $6500 Australian dollars per week. This works well. 

It follows logically then that A-League teams having Non-Marquee players in their squads with weekly wages set nearly double that number (eg Ben Halloran on $9,500 AUD weekly) must be inaccurate. You need to lower these specific players wages unless they're on Marquee Player contracts.

Doing so would add to the game's realism and also serve to help fix the "A-league clubs releasing players" issue.

Solution: Some of the specific players contracts which need to be lowered, or assigned as 'Designated', are as follows:

Juande , Ben Halloran ,  Raul Baena (UID 1500564) - All three have unrealistically high wages. Need to be reduced to something below $6,500 AUD weekly -

Ronald Vargas's (UID 18022929) - Correctly Identified as Designated players but his wage should definitely be lowered somewhat  - 

Ross McCormack should be classified as a Marquee loan. It is also likely Central Coast Mariners are playing a much smaller portion of his wages than is reflected in game https://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/story/5630674/mariners-eyeing-ross-mccormack-as-marquee/?cs=9740

Siem de jong (UID 37003542) - Needs to be assigned as a designated Marquee player- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/23/sydney-fc-set-to-unveil-latest-marquee-signing-siem-de-jong

There are more that need to be changed, but fixing the above would be be a good start. At the moment the league is unfortunately borderline unplayable by October in-game, but reducing wages, and correctly designating the Marquee players as such should fix everything.

Thanks SI Games & Community. You guys do a great job and I can't wait to start a new game with these issues resolved.

I have attached a few screenshots of the situation. These screenshots were taken post-registration deadline day. at 00:00 23rd October 2019 (in-game)

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.15.54 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.15.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.16.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.16.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.19.53 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.04 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.20.23 pm.png

From my knowledge Vargas is on around 750k a year what ever that means a week

2 hours ago, Stanny78 said:

From my knowledge Vargas is on around 750k a year what ever that means a week

That sounds a lot more appropriate. In the game he is on 3.2 million.

The A-League salary cap should be set to $2.928 million per year, not $2.6 million.

The foreign player limit should be set to 5, not 4+1 Asian player.

On 21/10/2018 at 12:07, cumminsjordan said:

The Salary cap should be $56,307 AUD per week instead of $50,000 AUD per week

"The Hyundai A-League Salary Cap is $2.928 million for the 2017/18 Season." - https://www.a-league.com.au/salary-cap-system

54 minutes ago, wannachupbrew said:

The A-League salary cap should be set to $2.928 million per year, not $2.6 million.

Thank you @cumminsjordan and @wannachupbrew I've logged the salary cap issue for resolution

2 minutes ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Thank you @cumminsjordan and @wannachupbrew I've logged the salary cap issue for resolution

Thanks. I was just looking over the A-League rules and noticed something else. Not a major issue but the minimum wage for players 16-19 is $41,000 and 20 and over is $55,000. These should be $45,686 and $61, 287 Source

Hi @Balahara, @Stanny78, @freeriderau and @cumminsjordan, Thank you for logging the information regarding releasing of players from clubs.

Now that the we have the specific data issues for contracts listed in the data forum section and the salary cap increase has been logged for resolution, this could resolve the issue with AI managers releasing players to make room for signings, I will keep investigating the AI managers use of salary cap also and look to see what degree it is a bug independent of those issues.

1 minute ago, wannachupbrew said:

Some clubs are also registering squads that are over the salary cap.

20181023015602_1.thumb.jpg.f6770d91224daf28b37c8c4724fdd5ab.jpg20181023015706_1.thumb.jpg.8c94b8146fa011c1a08ab4177eb5acaf.jpg

Hi @wannachupbrew can i get a copy of the save this is happening on for review please? Thanks

26 minutes ago, wannachupbrew said:

Thanks. I was just looking over the A-League rules and noticed something else. Not a major issue but the minimum wage for players 16-19 is $41,000 and 20 and over is $55,000. These should be $45,686 and $61, 287 Source

Thanks @wannachupbrew I've now logged this for review also

4 minutes ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Hi @wannachupbrew can i get a copy of the save this is happening on for review please? Thanks

Sure, just uploaded it. The filename is "Cohan Brew - TPI.fm". Also, I'm not managing in the A-League on the save where this happened, if that helps at all when trying to track down the cause of the issue. I do have it added as a playable league though.

4 minutes ago, wannachupbrew said:

Sure, just uploaded it. The filename is "Cohan Brew - TPI.fm". Also, I'm not managing in the A-League on the save where this happened, if that helps at all when trying to track down the cause of the issue. I do have it added as a playable league though.

That is brilliant thank you @wannachupbrew I'll get that logged for review

34 minutes ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Hi @wannachupbrew, would it be possible to get a save from before the 11th November? Thanks

Yep, Just uploaded one from 5th November. The filename is "Cohan Brew - TPI (v02).fm". My earliest save is from 29th October, let me know if you need that one too.

5 minutes ago, LuisSilva10 said:

Lack create  player on Usain Bolt who plays for club Central Coast.

No he doesn't.

1 hour ago, LuisSilva10 said:

Lack create  player on Usain Bolt who plays for club Central Coast.

Hi @LuisSilva10 this would be a data bug which would need posting on the data forum, but as Usain Bolt has not signed a professional contract yet he is not in the game. Thanks

19 hours ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Hi @Balahara, @Stanny78, @freeriderau and @cumminsjordan, Thank you for logging the information regarding releasing of players from clubs.

Now that the we have the specific data issues for contracts listed in the data forum section and the salary cap increase has been logged for resolution, this could resolve the issue with AI managers releasing players to make room for signings, I will keep investigating the AI managers use of salary cap also and look to see what degree it is a bug independent of those issues.

After investigation we have logged a bug regarding AI managers releasing players following signings, thank you all for identifying this issue

i'm about 10 years in and most teams are listing most of their players for loan. they have about 5-6 in the first team squad which aren't listed.

Many of these include current Australian national team players which are the stars for the teams.

On 19/10/2018 at 18:35, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @rwq.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please could you upload a save game to the cloud for us to look at?

The instructions for how to do this are below

Sorry like an idiot i've deleted it and moved onto another game. If i replicate it in another Aussie save I've send it on.

@Alix.Humphries Just downloaded the new update and the salary cap, foreign player limit and minimum salary issues are all fixed! All teams are now under the cap with the correct players with Designated Player contracts too. Thank you for taking the time to get these issues sorted for everyone.

9 hours ago, wannachupbrew said:

@Alix.Humphries Just downloaded the new update and the salary cap, foreign player limit and minimum salary issues are all fixed! All teams are now under the cap with the correct players with Designated Player contracts too. Thank you for taking the time to get these issues sorted for everyone.

Great, great news.

On 20/10/2018 at 14:16, Balahara said:

Just FM not turning a blind eye like the FFA do 

:P

On 24/10/2018 at 00:39, Alix.Humphries said:

After investigation we have logged a bug regarding AI managers releasing players following signings, thank you all for identifying this issue

IIRC any payment made to the player on termination of contract should count towards the salary cap for the period of the original contract. The intent of this is to stop clubs signing players to lower $$ multi year contracts but releasing them early and paying out the remainder of the contract in effect increasing their yearly salary. If AI managers are releasing players any payments made should still count to the cap and thus making it harder for them to fill the squad within what remains of the cap.

The A-League salary cap stands at $2.9m of which the FFA compensates 100% of this.
I simmed a season with the Victory and cant see anything in the finances that reflects this. Closest would be TV revenue which in this case would be $458,584.
Attached is a screen grab (page 11) from the FFA 2017 Annual Report  that illustrates this....

The report can be found here;
https://www.ffa.com.au/governance/annualreview-2017

HAL_salaryCapDist.jpg

You tend to get a big payout under "other" in your Income statement annually that pays back the money.

That's how it's been in previous years in FM.

On 02/11/2018 at 12:15, grimmo20 said:

The A-League salary cap stands at $2.9m of which the FFA compensates 100% of this.
I simmed a season with the Victory and cant see anything in the finances that reflects this. Closest would be TV revenue which in this case would be $458,584.
Attached is a screen grab (page 11) from the FFA 2017 Annual Report  that illustrates this....

The report can be found here;
https://www.ffa.com.au/governance/annualreview-2017

HAL_salaryCapDist.jpg

Also can i get a confirmation that the salary cap still rises every season or two? It does in real life, but as yet i haven't seen it happen in fm19. It has in previous editions of the game IIRC. It's quite important as we are a developing league, and therefore in 10 years the quality will be higher and salaries will be too - would be great to have this reflected in game.

edit: also

Something else i have noticed is that there is a massive limitation on where A-League club's can go on pre-season-friendly-tours. In real life A-league teams frequently go on tours of China, India, and even Italy once (see links below). Unfortunately in FM-19 we're limited to going on tours of just Newzealand, pacific islands and some of SE-Asia only.

Would be great if you could expand it to all of Asia being an option for tours, as the minimum (with this expanding to eventually the entire world being available to tour, as the club's reputation and finances improve, as per the current system).

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/sydney-fc-line-up-italian-pre-season-tour-349956

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/jets-prepare-free-trade-port-super-champions-cup

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/phoenix-tour-india

This might be not available for FM19 but here is some new regarding the future of the A-League with two expansion teams into the league.

Article

A League teams are barely signing any marquee players. 

As the previous years, the league level goes downhill seasons after seasons. Poor regens + low transfer activity.

On 01/01/2019 at 20:09, ClemB said:

A League teams are barely signing any marquee players. 

As the previous years, the league level goes downhill seasons after seasons. Poor regens + low transfer activity.

Hi @ClemB can you upload a save with this happening please, that way we can investigate the issue. Thanks

Le 03/01/2019 à 09:00, Alix.Humphries a dit :

Hi @ClemB can you upload a save with this happening please, that way we can investigate the issue. Thanks

I don't have one but once i make a new simulation i will share it.

Also there seem to big isssue with the finances of A-League teams. At the exception of 1 or 2 (generally the 2 Melbourne teams), they all end up with a negative balance of 1 or 2 millions $ after a couple of seasons.

Hi Guys just an issue that I think fits here. The A League fixtures don't behave as they do in real life, they all take place at once (see example below) rather than 1 Friday -2 Saturday -2 Sunday at different times across the weekend (fixture list attached).

https://www.a-league.com.au/fixtures#!/fixtures/s2018/r14

2019-01-15.png