Sports Interactive Community
Ed Hewison

[Asia] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 23/12/2018 at 11:02, Gobflabber said:

Hi there are a lot of issues with Asia that I’ve found. Mostly about teams competing in the Confederation Cup that shouldn’t be there. There are a lot of examples in different saves that I ran through for 2-3 years. This pic shows Urawa in the Confederation Cup when they shouldn’t even be allowed to compete cause Japan doesn’t get slots in the tournament. What more is that they’re grouped in South Asia even though they’re East Asian... This one shows Bunyodkor in the ASEAN Zone even though they’re from Central Asian Uzbekistan. There are more I’ve seen such as South Asia Indian teams competing in the West Asia zone. And it seems to be random with every save game the game just puts a few teams wherever it feels like. 

Additionally games in the Asian Champions League are taking place on weird days like Friday and Sunday even though in real life it’s always midweek

Thanks @Gobflabber. This is all under review.

On 24/12/2018 at 13:20, Gobflabber said:

For some reason the Asian Champions League final changes format every season. In 2018 it’s a one-match final. 2019 it’s two legs and now I’m in 2020 it’s back to one match

It’s supposed to be two legged finals throughout. Even this year Kashima Antlers won it in two legs.

4EAAB5BF-62B5-4C24-8784-4E5A801D11BD.thumb.jpeg.50fbfa0ef2266263dc204b6f94955c57.jpeg

65E11BDC-818A-4B64-90EA-BA6D4ABE1EED.thumb.jpeg.3a4ef2c62aec7680ba68da321010ed93.jpeg5EA61B54-C64B-4A20-BE2B-71104155E76A.thumb.jpeg.90fbb857372f5b8242cb1339a8f5876a.jpeg

Could you upload a save game from before the semi final is over @Gobflabber?
This is not something I got even once when I ran through 25 seasons.

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

On 05/01/2019 at 00:59, Ed Hewison said:

Could you upload a save game from before the semi final is over @Gobflabber?
This is not something I got even once when I ran through 25 seasons.

Details of how to upload a save game are linked below.

I’ve just re-run the game without my edited nation rules and the format is back to normal. I must’ve mistakenly edited something. Thank you for the reply nevertheless. The work you do is much appreciated :)

On 12/01/2019 at 07:53, Gobflabber said:

I’ve just re-run the game without my edited nation rules and the format is back to normal. I must’ve mistakenly edited something. Thank you for the reply nevertheless. The work you do is much appreciated :)

Ok great. Thanks for letting us know @Gobflabber

On 03/11/2018 at 22:06, bramcarella said:

And club from some nations like Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines etc...  did not dropped down to AFC Cup group stage when they were eliminated from AFC Champions League preliminary Round. in real life clubs from 16th place to 25th place of current AFC Club Competitions Ranking have 2 comps slots for AFC CL preliminary and AFC Cup Group Stage. if they knocked out from ACL Preliminary they will dropped down to AFC Cup Group Stage. Its same like in European UEFA CL playoffs some teams that eliminated from UCL Playoffs will dropped down to UEFA Europa League Group Stage.... For more details you can look and download the file on AFC Website about AFC Club Competitions Ranking.

Still not fixed in 19.3.0 update.

On 01/03/2019 at 21:07, robosyah said:

Still not fixed in 19.3.0 update.

Hi @robosyah 

Unfortunately, we were unable to get the Asia Nations Club Coefficients in game for FM19.

In the future we hope to have them in. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @robosyah 

Unfortunately, we were unable to get the Asia Nations Club Coefficients in game for FM19.

In the future we hope to have them in. 

Hi @Ed Hewison

Thanks for the reply.

Just don't understand why FM17 can but FM19 can't.

Anyway thanks for the information. Looking forward for FM20.

Edited by robosyah

Player Alex(Alexander Oluwatayo Akande) from Dalian Yifang(Chinese Super League), he plays for Hong Kong(China PR) national team but he is counted into foreign players (not including Hong Kong (China PR), Macanese (China PR) or Chinese Taipei (China PR)) when I register players for Chinese Super League. 

Besides, domestic U21 players are required to be registered in order to play in Chinese Super League. 

Hope these two problems will be fixed. 

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, MarkCCA said:

Player Alex(Alexander Oluwatayo Akande) from Dalian Yifang(Chinese Super League), he plays for Hong Kong(China PR) national team but he is counted into foreign players (not including Hong Kong (China PR), Macanese (China PR) or Chinese Taipei (China PR)) when I register players for Chinese Super League. 

Besides, domestic U21 players are required to be registered in order to play in Chinese Super League. 

Thank you. 

The official registration rules can be found here: http://csl-news.9h-sports.com/d_bulletin_MTM1NDY=.html

I haven't found a English version yet. 

On 08/03/2019 at 04:18, MarkCCA said:

Thank you. 

Hi Mark, this is technically intended though not clear to the user at all admittedly. The foreign player rule in China that does not count Hong Kong, Macau, or Chinese Taipei only applies to non-naturalised players from these nations. Alex is a naturalised Hong Kong player and so should be counted as foreign here.

That said this is not made clear to the user on the rules screens at all - therefore I've logged a bug to change the description of the rule to clarify that "non-naturalised" players only are counted. Thanks

Posted (edited)

There're 2 issues with the Asian Champions League: There are no travel subsidy payments being given to clubs participating nor performance bonuses for the knockout rounds. It's quite a big deal for small clubs, especially since the travel costs for the Champions League are huge.

You can find it here: http://www.the-afc.com/afc/documents/PdfFiles/afc-champions-league-2019-competition-regulations Page 56-57, point 62.4

I'm playing as Daegu FC and the $180k I should be getting from the 3 away games in the group phase would be very welcome, especially since the travel subsidy is larger than what I get from winning a game ($50k)!

Also, the performance bonus (specified in points 62.5.1-3) should apply to ALL games from the group stages to the final, and it's currently only being given during the group stages. Since each knockout round is a 2-game affair, that's a potential 100k more prize money that could be won, and it's sorely needed since the total competition prize pool is minimal.

Just for reference, assume you're playing with a small team that's entering from the first preliminary stage round and you get to the final by winning EVERY MATCH, what you currently you get for prize money and travel subsidy vs what you should get:

First Preliminary Stage: $0 vs $40k subsidy (only for the away team)

Second Preliminary Stage: $0 vs $40k subsidy (only for the away team)

Playoff Stage: $0 vs $40k subsidy (only for the away team)

Group Stage: $300k performance vs $300k performance + $180k subsidy

Round of 16: $100k appearance vs $100k appearance + $100k performance + $60k subsidy

Quarter Finals: $150k appearance vs $150k appearance + $100k performance + $60k subsidy

Semi Finals: $250k appearance vs $250k appearance + $100k performance + $60k subsidy

Final: $2m appearance + $2m winner vs $2m appearance + $2m winner + $120k subsidy

Total (for a perfect run): $4.8m vs $5.58m ($5.7m if played all 3 qualifying rounds away)

And considering that the $780k difference is mostly in the stages prior to the final where the big money awaits, it definitely is missed for smaller clubs that only reach the quarter finals or round of 16. It gets even larger if preliminary rounds are included. There's an additional $120k possible if the team is from a small association as during the qualifying rounds, the team from the better-ranked association is chosen as the local team and thus the club from the worse-ranked confederation gets placed as the away side for all 3 games in qualifying.

Also, Chinese clubs seem to be flouting the rules for maximum foreigners allowed in the match squad, but think that's the issue that was previously reported if you don't have the league loaded.

Edited by Fr05ty

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks @Fr05ty - We should be looking at add these bonuses as you say, because it does make a big impact on smaller sides. 

Travel subsidy can probably just be added into the "participation money" category, the performance bonus per won or drawn match in the knockout phases is the complex thing I think. Never heard of such a thing being done in any other cup competition.

Also, the Asian Champions League qualifying rounds have a bug. The team from the higher-ranked federation is the home team in all qualifying rounds of the Champions League. Currently it seems to be done at random.

The AFC Cup is also missing travel subsidies. They are $40k for all matches (away team only) in the competition, even the preliminary and playoff stages. It has only been implemented for the inter-zonal semi-finals onwards, so clubs are currently missing out on between $120-200k in subsidies, which is even more massive for clubs in the AFC Cup.

PS: I've edited the previous posts with all the money from the rounds before the group stages as well.

Edited by Fr05ty

Hi,

Just wondering whether there will be any moves to actually fix the asian continental qualifications in Fm2019, the same issue which is in fm2018 

and was never fixed, don't want to invest in fm2019 if they are going to do the exact same thing as fm2018 and not bother fixing it.

Malaysian Super League to be exact.

Thank you.

On 11/03/2019 at 10:59, Freddie Sands said:

Hi Mark, this is technically intended though not clear to the user at all admittedly. The foreign player rule in China that does not count Hong Kong, Macau, or Chinese Taipei only applies to non-naturalised players from these nations. Alex is a naturalised Hong Kong player and so should be counted as foreign here.

That said this is not made clear to the user on the rules screens at all - therefore I've logged a bug to change the description of the rule to clarify that "non-naturalised" players only are counted. Thanks

But he and other 4 foreign players (Marek Hamsik, Yannick Carrasco, Emmanuel Boateng, Nyasha Mushekwi) are in the 2019 season CSL squad. All these 5 players have appeared in squad lists in the first two rounds (vs Henan, vs Guangzhou R&F). You can find squad lists of these two matches online. Besides, Alex was registered as "Hong Kong, Macau, or Chinese Taipei" player in 2018 in Yanbian Fude (China League One). 

17 hours ago, MarkCCA said:

But he and other 4 foreign players (Marek Hamsik, Yannick Carrasco, Emmanuel Boateng, Nyasha Mushekwi) are in the 2019 season CSL squad. All these 5 players have appeared in squad lists in the first two rounds (vs Henan, vs Guangzhou R&F). You can find squad lists of these two matches online. Besides, Alex was registered as "Hong Kong, Macau, or Chinese Taipei" player in 2018 in Yanbian Fude (China League One). 

It seems that the in game definition of non-naturalized isn't taking into account that his early stints outside Hong Kong were (presumably) non-professional, which is the key factor in him still being defined as non-naturalized. I'll raise this with the relevant coder and see if there's a workable solution to be found. Thanks

In FM19 clubs are unable to refuse callups for the Asian Games. But in real life, this tournament is not FIFA-recognised and clubs are not obliged to release their players for the tournament. Proof here.