Sports Interactive Community
Gripper

[ENGLAND] Aston Villa Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Aston Villa here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                      

Please note that any non-data issues for Aston Villa should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Whilst it is technically possible, the Sohna brothers in the U19 team have completely different dates of birth (02/12/2001 & 25/12/2001). I don't know which of these is correct, but this seems a little odd for brothers.

Edited by juanpablo

Do the new owners pump money into the club as at a recent press conference the CEO said theres money for JAN

Also AVilla have 2 assistant managers, so Richard O Kelly needs to be added in this role

• Members
  •  
  • 37 posts

This issue relates to Wolves, Birmingham and Aston Villa FC

There's two coaches at Birmingham, youth coaches. Christopher Butler - DOB is wrong, it should be 22/7/88 AND he is now in a similar role at Wolves (step up in the set up from blues)
And Samuel Meek is at Blues on the game but he is now in a similar role but now at Aston Villa 

16 hours ago, juanpablo said:

Whilst it is technically possible, the Sohna brothers in the U19 team have completely different dates of birth (02/12/2001 & 25/12/2001). I don't know which of these is correct, but this seems a little odd for brothers.

Their dates of birth are unknown, so the game makes one up for them based on a year of birth, set as 2001. If you know of their date of birth we'd be delighted to know, but Aston Villa have not published those details online as far as we have been able to find.

Richard O'Kelly is at Brentford when he should be at Aston Villa as a double Assistant manager pairing with John Terry.

8 hours ago, Cuthach said:

Richard O'Kelly is at Brentford when he should be at Aston Villa as a double Assistant manager pairing with John Terry.

O'Kelly's move to Villa came after the datebase and gamecode were locked for the beta that you see before you. Clearly we are continuing to update data since then, and that includes O'kelly's move.

While we are on the subject, the game does not allow for clubs to have two assistant managers, so we have to choose one to be the assistant manager, and for one to be a coach. We have decided upon Terry as the assistant and O'Kelly as the coach.

On 18/10/2018 at 22:24, juanpablo said:

The hero that is Lou, our African Head Researcher and all-round Mr Knowledge, has sourced their dates of birth, so they have been corrected now.

7 hours ago, Gripper said:

O'Kelly's move to Villa came after the datebase and gamecode were locked for the beta that you see before you. Clearly we are continuing to update data since then, and that includes O'kelly's move.

While we are on the subject, the game does not allow for clubs to have two assistant managers, so we have to choose one to be the assistant manager, and for one to be a coach. We have decided upon Terry as the assistant and O'Kelly as the coach.

Thanks, Gripper, I was wondering which one you would pick as Assis manager, it's an odd setup.

On 20/10/2018 at 11:11, Gripper said:

The hero that is Lou, our African Head Researcher and all-round Mr Knowledge, has sourced their dates of birth, so they have been corrected now.

:applause:

Whether this is the right place, playing on football manager touch, i am into my second season with Villa after getting promoted first season, my general sponsor which was for 2 million ran out, and has been replaced by 3 general sponsors all for 165k a year, since i am now in the prem this seems odd that i had more in sponsorship while in the championship than in the prem. 

Also like the above, Villa now have extremly wealthy owners, starting the season with a budget of Zero seems odd.

9 minutes ago, mintvilla said:

Whether this is the right place, playing on football manager touch, i am into my second season with Villa after getting promoted first season, my general sponsor which was for 2 million ran out, and has been replaced by 3 general sponsors all for 165k a year, since i am now in the prem this seems odd that i had more in sponsorship while in the championship than in the prem. 

Also like the above, Villa now have extremly wealthy owners, starting the season with a budget of Zero seems odd.

What happens to new sponsors in season two is not a data issue. It's the kind of issues that needs to be logged at https://community.sigames.com/forum/646-all-other-gameplay/ if we are to understand what has happened in your beta savegame.

Am discussing the ownership situation with the researcher regarding sugar daddy status.

Jack Grealish Personality Traits.

May seem trivial even for a video game but the Volatile and Confrontational personality should be edited.

Data wise he should have buffs to loyalty and professionalism. He is clearly ambitious but has other traits that justify inclusion.  

The guy was completely professional during the summer, when Spurs were in for him. He has acted on twitter requests to help children with terminal illnesses get a place as mascot on game days, even ensuring they walk out with him. He has young fans round to play Fifa and has visited Acorns children's hospice. The in game reality is it's January I'm top of the league and he wants a move to Crystal Palace so is complaining to squad and has abysmal morale. All this despite signing a new 5 year contract last month. As he's the star player in the team I do feel it hinders the immersion a little.  He's also pretty reserved when interviewed. A know he got drunk when he was 18 and all but come on....  

Sources

Acorns: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pranked-watch-aston-villa-stars-14066039

Mascot: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heart-warming-tribute-aston-villas-15062834

Fifa: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-jack-grealish-latest-15116862

On 21/10/2018 at 22:31, Gripper said:

What happens to new sponsors in season two is not a data issue. It's the kind of issues that needs to be logged at https://community.sigames.com/forum/646-all-other-gameplay/ if we are to understand what has happened in your beta savegame.

Am discussing the ownership situation with the researcher regarding sugar daddy status.

the owners are converting debt to equity and writing the losses off, paid all loans off. These guys are sugar daddys

Per recent interviews with the manager, both Green and Elphick have recall clauses in their loans and can return in January. These recalls are not available in game

I hope this fits in here. 

I think it's very nice that you wanted George Ramsey to win another title in 1987, but at that time the good man had already died for 52 years.
Ramsey won the title with Aston Villa in 1887, 100 years ago.

esk8qpzt.jpg

On 17/12/2018 at 20:39, davie77 said:

I hope this fits in here. 

I think it's very nice that you wanted George Ramsey to win another title in 1987, but at that time the good man had already died for 52 years.
Ramsey won the title with Aston Villa in 1887, 100 years ago.

esk8qpzt.jpg

Just spotted this one, thought I'd seen something no one else had!