Sports Interactive Community
Gripper

[ENGLAND] Norwich City Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Norwich City here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                      

Please note that any non-data issues for Norwich City should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Hi

Couple of things i've noticed - Marco Stieperman has LB as his natural position which i know he filled in at last season but he is naturally a CM or AM.

When i started the game there appears to be 2 Billy Johnson's in the U23s as GKs - the correct one has the DOB 25/09/1999

Nick Wilford is the chief doctor this season as Pippa Bennett left at the end of the season.  I do the player ambulance medical cover so i know this but cant find any evidence, even his linkedin profile is not up to date.

Steve Stone has left as Managing Director to be replaced by Ben Kensell  https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/october/ben-kensell-media-briefing/  (i know this only recently happened)

Apart from that loving the update to the youngsters especially Aarons and Lewis!

I've also got a duplicate Billy Johnson in the U23s - 25/09/99 is the correct DoB.

Johnsons have already been dealt with and won 't be there for the release (note I always recommend you start your career save on Nov 2nd, release date, instead of now, beta stage).

Stone/Kensall happened last week and the NCFC researcher has already updated the data file with that info.

Thanks for the Wilford/Bennett doctor info - stuff like that often isn't readily available. Will fix that too.

It may have been spotted, but I think Dennis Srbeny is wrongly transfer listed and in the U23s - this actually reflects Nelson Oliveira's current situation, whereas Srbeny has started games this year and generally been involved with the first team. Cheers!

The finances seem off? Not in any debt, and then in November suddenly made £21 million available for the transfer window. Seems a bit much for a championship side like Norwich.

On 19/10/2018 at 19:29, timao88 said:

It may have been spotted, but I think Dennis Srbeny is wrongly transfer listed and in the U23s - this actually reflects Nelson Oliveira's current situation, whereas Srbeny has started games this year and generally been involved with the first team. Cheers!

When editing from my part,  you can’t set who is on the transfer list or not.

I've tweaked that so it should work now, tstany89

Finances - have just looked a last year's annual report and have amended that aspect of the data accordingly, remembering that the Maddison and Murphy money must be included too (some of which paid for last year's expected heavy losses).

Edited by Gripper

Matt Gill has now departed as under 23 manager and gone to Ipswich as a first team coach.

Marco Stiepermann is playing more as a central midfielder/ attacking midfielder.  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Stiepermann

Louis Thompson is injured 4/ 5 weeks with a dislocated shoulder and muscular problem.

Good evening, 

I would say Emi Buendia stats need looking at after numerous games, I would say his passing is definitely better than 9.  He also is more of a team player and has better stamina and work rate than shown.  However this could be because in real life he has more game time, which has aided his development and adapting to the English game, would it be possible to look at this please.  I have attached a couple of links to quote from our manager Daniel Farke. -

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paddy-s-pointers-from-canaries-1-0-championship-win-against-brentford-1-5754404

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-buendia-praised-by-farke-for-his-start-to-life-at-carrow-road-1-5754032

Otherwise I think the Norwich researcher has done a good job especially with our two young full back Aarons and Lewis.  Looking forward to the full version.

Hi Bimble.

Thanks for this. Buendia is certainly a player that is flourishing at the moment, especially the last few games. I don’t have the files at the moment,  not sure if Dean is able to adjust those? However, this will definitely be factored in for updates during the season when I have to do them. He was a hard one to gauge with him not being in the team at the start of the season.

I was going to post separately about Matt Gill now at Ipswich. Again, not sure if this will be able to make it into this update.

will keep eyes peeled for who his replacement will be.

I updated Stiepermann’s positioning to attacking midfielder so should be showing that as his main position?