Sports Interactive Community
Gripper

[ENGLAND] Nottingham Forest Data Issues

38 minutes ago, Lord Smart said:

image.thumb.png.ba38a8e10cb8378298072d80bfd7be89.png

Not sure if this is the correct Thread but the profile at the top don't display Year Founded, Status , Finances etc

Also the Stadium isn't displayed in the Bottom Right

Can you raise that issue in the https://community.sigames.com/forum/618-user-interface-issues/ User Interface Issues forum please.. That data is correct in the database and the game and appears on my screens in my savegame, so it could be some glitch you are personally experiencing.

38 minutes ago, Lord Smart said:

Would you consider our Financial status a bit more than Okay? As we have seen they have money and are prepared to invest if needed

Forest have made huge losses in the last few seasons. "Okay" as their financial status is therefore generous. 

1 hour ago, Lord Smart said:

image.thumb.png.ba38a8e10cb8378298072d80bfd7be89.png

Not sure if this is the correct Thread but the profile at the top don't display Year Founded, Status , Finances etc

Also the Stadium isn't displayed in the Bottom Right

That's already been raised in the UI bugs forum

2 minutes ago, GrumpyoldGamer said:

Michael Dawson passing stat 16???

Edend Hazard passing 15

Christian Eriksen passing 17

Your point being? 

7 minutes ago, robterrace said:

Your point being? 

that his passing stat is too high?

I would not class him as being as good at passing as Eden Hazard or Christian Eriksen

Dawson's pass completion percentage this season is 69%. Broke 80% only one of four seasons at Hull. Looking at just the raw statistics it seems hard to justify an elite passing & vision attribute for a central defender who typically gets to play easier passes than forward players (sideways recycling and long lofted balls, rarely having to thread a needle along the ground).

4 hours ago, swansongs said:

Dawson's pass completion percentage this season is 69%. Broke 80% only one of four seasons at Hull. Looking at just the raw statistics it seems hard to justify an elite passing & vision attribute for a central defender who typically gets to play easier passes than forward players (sideways recycling and long lofted balls, rarely having to thread a needle along the ground).

Well said :)

Dawson is the best passer in the Nottingham Forest squad on FM19, better than all creative midfielders

7 hours ago, swansongs said:

2 hours ago, GrumpyoldGamer said:

Well said :)

Dawson is the best passer in the Nottingham Forest squad on FM19, better than all creative midfielders

As I said earlier, I've not had a great deal of opportunity to watch Dawson this season.

27 minutes ago, GrumpyoldGamer said:

your point being?

I cannot be held responsible for the Hull researchers ratings. Every new player to the squad gets a cursory look when they come into my file, but after that, if I don't see them play, I can't change them. 

I've done this in every FM I've researched for, and the instances of massive changes  being made are down in single figures. 

I've unfortunately had to remove a couple of posts here.

When a player joins a new club that player has been assessed by the researcher of their previous club who has seen more of that player and we discourage making many changes to a players profile until the new researcher has seen enough to make their own judgement. That doesn't mean we cannot be reactive if something looks very wrong and Rob and Gripper will consider any considered opinions.

As ever, if you think there is an issue, state what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data; state what you think the data should be; state reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements. 

Dawson's passing attribute being too high has been missed, amongst the hundreds of playing attributes that we have to look at. Him barely playing this season hasn't much helped with his profile, but that's my error, not Rob's.

We'll get it updated for the release.

I suggest people calm down if an element of data is not correct. It's absolutely not on to go attacking volunteer researchers, and equally, snidey remarks are not acceptable.

The mess of this thread :D

Like in previous editions of the game, most clubs will have a low transfer budget at the start of the game because finances take into account the players purchased from the initial budget.

Pointing out Forest have spent millions so should have millions left over makes no sense at all.

3 hours ago, Gripper said:

Dawson's passing attribute being too high has been missed, amongst the hundreds of playing attributes that we have to look at. Him barely playing this season hasn't much helped with his profile, but that's my error, not Rob's.

We'll get it updated for the release.

I suggest people calm down if an element of data is not correct. It's absolutely not on to go attacking volunteer researchers, and equally, snidey remarks are not acceptable.

As gripper says, there are loads of playing attributes to look at, every player has over 100 attributes we can alter. With 90+ staff members, theres a hell of a lot to deal with. :D

19 hours ago, grff said:

The mess of this thread :D

Like in previous editions of the game, most clubs will have a low transfer budget at the start of the game because finances take into account the players purchased from the initial budget.

Pointing out Forest have spent millions so should have millions left over makes no sense at all.

I'm certainly not suggesting that (not that I think your post was directed at me :Dand completely understand the reasoning why that shouldn't be the case. My only gripe was that the budget has been this low for every FM I can remember, when in reality this wouldn't be the case. I would still expect the club be able to spend more than a maximum 500k, regardless of player sales, if the manager required a player to do so. I also believe the clubs finances are now secure, as opposed to okay, especially with the change in ownership.

I do, however, acknowledge Gripper and Rob's reasoning - I'm sure that there may be wiggle room in Jan if you ask the board. I'll also see what they're like the following summer.

With Nottm Forest, Ben Brereton has been loaned to Blackburn IRL with a the transfer going through in Jan. The money never got sent. See below screenshots for evidence. Not uploaded the save as I expect this happens everytime and can be tested by starting a new game and going on holiday.

Also mentioned above about the finances, we have new owners and I believe had a massive profit last year (mainly paid off debt) and its reported we had 50 mil to spend. FFP doesn't cause a problem due to the profit last season and past outgoing transfers.

Dawson was known for his long range passing at spurs and Forest first spell so this could be the reason for his passing.

Fox does need a slight improvement even if its just mental attitudes. Might be just form but that form has been consistent for 2 years now if you have watched him every game. Not saying he is a world beater and that its always good but he has been one of the best defenders (in a poor team).

A part from those minor details, the game is going great.

(Long time season ticket holder and FM player)

Nottm forest Transfers.PNG

Nottm forest income.PNG

23 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

I'm certainly not suggesting that (not that I think your post was directed at me :Dand completely understand the reasoning why that shouldn't be the case. My only gripe was that the budget has been this low for every FM I can remember, when in reality this wouldn't be the case. I would still expect the club be able to spend more than a maximum 500k, regardless of player sales, if the manager required a player to do so. I also believe the clubs finances are now secure, as opposed to okay, especially with the change in ownership.

I do, however, acknowledge Gripper and Rob's reasoning - I'm sure that there may be wiggle room in Jan if you ask the board. I'll also see what they're like the following summer.

I can confirm that don't expect anything in Jan lol :) 

Thanks for testing that, guys.

Discussing this with a coder, regarding the transfer fees due in January for Brereton (and for some others throughout the database). Whatever he suggests, we'll ensure that the club does have that money come in at some stage.

Evening.  Not sure if this has been brought up but I have just purchased Byram for 6m and it has flashed up as a record signing even though joao carvalho was purchased for 13.5m.  Byram shows up in the record history as the highest fee paid

1 hour ago, Tone_24 said:

Evening.  Not sure if this has been brought up but I have just purchased Byram for 6m and it has flashed up as a record signing even though joao carvalho was purchased for 13.5m.  Byram shows up in the record history as the highest fee paid

Mine did the same thing when I made signings higher than Britt's fee from Peterborough.

Record fee has been updated in release database.

I finally installed the BETA. DB looks great again for Forest :thup: so thanks @robterrace

I only saw a few minor things

I did see that Brennan Johnson has his first nationality as English, maybe switch that to Welsh (which is down as his 2nd) as he plays for their u21's now?

should the guys out on loan be in the u23 squad instead of the first team? Ward for example. I know we had the issue with Danny Fox. Darikwa was in the u23's when I started my save too

And I know we have seen very little of Soudani but I didn't think he was an out & out striker. The Greek guys on LTLF seem to say he's a inside forward too. I know he can play there on FM but could he be set as natural at both?

Will Robinson be a natural LB? In FM18 he was the same and I couldn't ever train him up to be a natural LB even though he played and trained as one for the whole season.

3 hours ago, Carninho said:

I finally installed the BETA. DB looks great again for Forest :thup: so thanks @robterrace

I only saw a few minor things

I did see that Brennan Johnson has his first nationality as English, maybe switch that to Welsh (which is down as his 2nd) as he plays for their u21's now?

should the guys out on loan be in the u23 squad instead of the first team? Ward for example. I know we had the issue with Danny Fox. Darikwa was in the u23's when I started my save too

And I know we have seen very little of Soudani but I didn't think he was an out & out striker. The Greek guys on LTLF seem to say he's a inside forward too. I know he can play there on FM but could he be set as natural at both?

Will Robinson be a natural LB? In FM18 he was the same and I couldn't ever train him up to be a natural LB even though he played and trained as one for the whole season.

In the games I've played so far, Brennan gets called up by the Welsh, so theres no issue there.

Soudani, we spoke about for ages, and his positions are as correct as we can get them (he will, quite literally, play anywhere up front).

Robinson will have the LB option available on release.

3 hours ago, Lord Smart said:

Maybe worth putting Joe Lolley's Long shots up after another Peach today!! What a hit

Inside the area. That's a Finish not a Long Shot.

11 hours ago, Lord Smart said:

Maybe worth putting Joe Lolley's Long shots up after another Peach today!! What a hit

Hes already 200PA and CA, theres not much more I can do ;)

On 19/10/2018 at 22:33, Gripper said:

Can let let us know what happens, in-game, to Forest finances in January please? Please report back. That will help us establish the overall situation as things stand.

Clearly it would be incorrect to give Forest millions to spend, seeing as that is what they have done already, and there is FFP to consider. I do appreciate that the Brereton deal is set to go through in January in-game which should help. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.dcb11e4d41205f31c30f12b1b83b6d03.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.3f50aec6a508d56f4a2149913440d76e.JPG

As you can see Ben Brereton has been sold to Blackburn for 7m with no sign of it on the transfer income. I would of thought there would of been some money to spend over the January transfer.

The £7m was updated for the release database to be part of the starting cash balance.

Just completed my 1st season. Losing in the Play off final. Signed Nasri on a free (15k per week wages), sold Osborn for 5.5mill and bridcutt for 4mill. My summer spends are 100k after also getting rid of Dawson on a free. Does this sound right?

Bridcutt for £4m... I need some of that.

1 hour ago, Robbo LFC said:

Just completed my 1st season. Losing in the Play off final. Signed Nasri on a free (15k per week wages), sold Osborn for 5.5mill and bridcutt for 4mill. My summer spends are 100k after also getting rid of Dawson on a free. Does this sound right?

How much loss did you make in the first season?  The club has to adhere to FFP rules in the game.

Matty Cash and Ryan Yates in the game both have the wrong height.  Can't remember what it is in the game but here is the correct ones for you to change and check against the ones you put in.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/matthew-cash/

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/ryan-yates/

Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill should have each other set as favourite personnel as backroom staff as this is the second time they have worked together. 

Steve Guppy and seamus should also have mutual backroom staff relationship with Martin O'Neill 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/28/roy-keane-team-martin-oneill-nottingham-forest-assistant/

On 06/12/2018 at 15:35, themightyshakers said:

Matty Cash and Ryan Yates in the game both have the wrong height.  Can't remember what it is in the game but here is the correct ones for you to change and check against the ones you put in.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/matthew-cash/

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/ryan-yates/

Heights in the DB are correct, already double checked that.

21 hours ago, Mr Ford 1877 said:

Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill should have each other set as favourite personnel as backroom staff as this is the second time they have worked together. 

Steve Guppy and seamus should also have mutual backroom staff relationship with Martin O'Neill 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/28/roy-keane-team-martin-oneill-nottingham-forest-assistant/

Not got them in my DB, they'll be sorted by the HR responsible for them.

Posted (edited)

Any reason why Victor Sodeinde continues to be left off the team?  Signed over a year ago from Maidstone United.   

Edited by Gripper
deleted insulting drivel

It appears that a human being made an honest mistake.

I apologise for this omission.

Posted (edited)
On 02/03/2019 at 21:40, Gripper said:

It appears that a human being made an honest mistake.

I apologise for this omission.

Not sure why my previous post was regarded as drivel and deleted.  As a long time player of the game and a hardcore Forest fan it is disappointing and frustrating that an omission like that should be made in the game.  Victor Sodeinde was signed a long time ago and has been playing reserves through multiple versions of FM's own database and has never been included.   What's more a number of the academy players have wildly incorrect heights and weights and many seem preset to either 190cm and 75kg or 182cm and 75kg.   Riley Harbottle as an example is 190 and 75, when he clearly isn't that tall.  

It begs the question, how can someone who watches Forest's reserves and Under 18s to research for the FM database not include Sodeinde when he has been playing for the club for a long time in FM database terms and has been the subject of Nottingham Post articles and Nottingham website articles.  Also why are many of the youth players given these generic heights and weights.

Ben Osborn's PA still remains at 147 also when it is clear he is never going to get near 150 level (English international standard) in real life and this has been made abundantly clear this season.

Why I go to the trouble of posting this is for this reason:  If I want to have a realistic game as my beloved club I have to spend a good two or three hours editing the database to make it accurate.  Obviously I can't do this for every club which means if a good new database comes out I have to do it again and again and again.

Many clubs with less status than Forest seem to have a lot more love and care attributed to their database, so that's my frustration along with having to spend so much time getting it right when this work should be done for me. 

I find it inconceivable that there is any real effort of getting any of the academy lads right or to have those squads correct.  

Edited by ForestStoney