Sports Interactive Community
Gripper

[ENGLAND] Nottingham Forest Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Nottingham Forest here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                             

·        State what you think the data should be.                       

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                      

Please note that any non-data issues for Nottingham Forest should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Hi, FIrst thing I have noticed at Nottingham Forest is Danny Fox is in the reserves.
I'm a Forest Season ticket holder and he starts every game, and has probably been our best player this season since moving to centre back. I have never been a big fan of his but he is immense at centre back, he's not got the pace to play full back anymore but dermination is better than 11 and he has captained the team several times and his leadership is also better than 11. He should be at least 3 star current ability not 2.5 as Michael Dawson can't get into the starting line-up because of him

32 minutes ago, Wilf2k said:

Hi, FIrst thing I have noticed at Nottingham Forest is Danny Fox is in the reserves.
I'm a Forest Season ticket holder and he starts every game, and has probably been our best player this season since moving to centre back. I have never been a big fan of his but he is immense at centre back, he's not got the pace to play full back anymore but dermination is better than 11 and he has captained the team several times and his leadership is also better than 11. He should be at least 3 star current ability not 2.5 as Michael Dawson can't get into the starting line-up because of him

Star ratings aren't something a researcher can control, as they're your assistant's interpretation of how a given player fits the recommended role templates. 

Positioning 8 can't do him any favours as a centreback in the ai's eyes.

Michael Dawson's Vision rating seems a tad excessive at "16-18". Passing 16 as well. World class DLP.

Edited by swansongs

I thought the game was supposed to be as realistic as possible. Danny Fox has better positioning than a 8. He starts every game and is vice captain.

Michael Dawson can't get into the team, as Foxy starts every week. Like I said I'm not a huge fan of his but he has been immense since moving to centre back last season. Whoever does the research for forest is watching with their eyes closed

Foxy hasn't got the pace, but makes up for it with positonal sense, leadership and organising the defence and determination.

At the start of the season it was Fox and Figueriedo starting, now it's Fox and Hefele. Dawson only get the odd Carabao cup game. Fox shouldn't be in the reserves

There's no need for insults. We all miss things here and there, and when players change positions it can radically change how we interpret their abilities (like a fullback who gets caught out a lot moving to centreback and becoming a rock).

I thought researchers were supposed to be season ticket holders???? If so then the Forest researcher would have seen his performances and that he starts week in week out.

6 minutes ago, Wilf2k said:

Claudio Yacob rated at 6mill. That's excessive

We don't control player values directly. They're assigned by the ai based on a player's ability, form, value of their contract etc.

@Wilf2k  Regardless of what you think is wrong, there are guidelines in post 1 for you to follow and absolutely no need to get personal or insult any of the research team.  No more please

Given that this seems to have turned into the @Wilf2k moaning thread, which, for the Forest thread, is earlier than I thought I'd have to be dealing with stuff....

Remember, the star abilities in game are based across the entire squad. I don't think that Fox is the best CB in the squad at all, hes one thats found a lot of form, and has managed to be consistent rather than good. 

As for the season ticket thing, I've been a ST holder at Forest for the last 20 years, I watch upwards of 70 matches a season at Forest (including U23, and agegroup academy matches), I appreciate that my ratings for some players may not match your 'perfect world' ratings for Forest, but, they're based on many hours of discussion and ratings (as well as 3 spreadsheets I run), and this season, they're probably more accurate than they have been.

There will be some outlying stats and ratings, such as Fox, whose reputation over the last 18 months has taken a battering, as despite his consistency, he has been the target of some rather poor abuse from the fanbase.

Yacob and Tachtsidis, to a lesser extent, Michael Dawson, and some of the fringe players, have been difficult to rate, based on their lack of match action. Theres some that would  probably have ratings cut, but, if I don't see them play, I can't do a great deal.

Ratings for players are subjective, but, as I said previously, I'm happy with them, and, I think Dean and Pete (the HRs for England) are as well.

2 hours ago, Wilf2k said:

He has been playing centre back for 2 seasons, and been brilliant. I have not insulted anyone

Brilliant in every game?

Give it a rest.

There were matches towards the back end of last season where Figueredo got him out of situations that he got himself into. By his own admission, he thought that he was poor for a lot of last season.

Hi, Just an observation but as a Forest fan i'm always dissappointed to see we always only have 400k to 500k transfer kitty. As you can see we have bought heavily with expensive players and the manager has been told he will be backed in the transfer market if he feels we need the extra players so i was hoping you could up the transfer kitty to about 7.5m to 10m which i feel is the correct amount the chairman is willing to spend. Also could the chairman be made a foreground sugar daddy or the very least Background sugar daddy as agin i feel he will back the manager to the hilt in all divisions.   Thank you 

6 hours ago, robterrace said:

Brilliant in every game?

Give it a rest.

There were matches towards the back end of last season where Figueredo got him out of situations that he got himself into. By his own admission, he thought that he was poor for a lot of last season.

Where did I say brilliant in every game? I said he starts every game. I also said I wasn't he biggest fan but he has played well this season. I've not heard any abuse from the trent end towards Fox. If he's not our best centreback then who is? Hefele? Daws? FiG? because Foxy starts ahead of them all.

He's also captained the side numerous times but his leadership rating is 11??

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

@Wilf2k  Regardless of what you think is wrong, there are guidelines in post 1 for you to follow and absolutely no need to get personal or insult any of the research team.  No more please

But it's alright for your researchers to insult me?

Edited by Wilf2k

9 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Wes Morgan is starting in Leicester's Under 23s when in real life he has played every game when fit and not suspened

8 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks, lcfcbluearmy. I won't change his ratings, but will make it so that he starts in the first team squad.

When someone pointed out the same regarding Wes Morgan at Leicester, @Pete Sottrel responded brilliantly and confirmed will sort the issue. Please fix this issue with Fox, he is not in the U23's and starts every game. I want the game to be as realistic as possible, and stop hating people for raising an issue

43 minutes ago, Wilf2k said:

When someone pointed out the same regarding Wes Morgan at Leicester, @Pete Sottrel responded brilliantly and confirmed will sort the issue. Please fix this issue with Fox, he is not in the U23's and starts every game. I want the game to be as realistic as possible, and stop hating people for raising an issue

You aren't 'hated' for raising the issue, you had posts deleted (and edited?) due to the insults you posted towards the Forest researcher.

We'll have a look at Fox. However, what is the most likely scenario is that someone is overrated and therefore promoted to the first team squad rather than Fox being underrated.

What player appears in the first-team squad ahead of Fox, who shouldn't be ahead of Fox, please?

Forest have already spent many millions this summer, so why should they have more millions to spend when (by doing so) they'd breach FFP? The current budget is fine. 

44 minutes ago, Gripper said:

We'll have a look at Fox. However, what is the most likely scenario is that someone is overrated and therefore promoted to the first team squad rather than Fox being underrated.

What player appears in the first-team squad ahead of Fox, who shouldn't be ahead of Fox, please?

Forest have already spent many millions this summer, so why should they have more millions to spend when (by doing so) they'd breach FFP? The current budget is fine. 

Thank you Gripper, most appreciated that you will look into this that was all I wanted that someone would investigate the issue. 

Dawson looks a bit over-rated. I know he's premier league quality and a forest boy but can't get into the starting 11.

Fox started the season in real life with figeurido (spelling?!) But now has hefele is along side of him. I would suggest looking at figeurido as well as Dawson as neither can shift foxy from the first team

3 hours ago, Wilf2k said:

Thank you Gripper, most appreciated that you will look into this that was all I wanted that someone would investigate the issue. 

Dawson looks a bit over-rated. I know he's premier league quality and a forest boy but can't get into the starting 11.

Fox started the season in real life with figeurido (spelling?!) But now has hefele is along side of him. I would suggest looking at figeurido as well as Dawson as neither can shift foxy from the first team

Figueiredo won't be getting changed. I'm happy with his rating, but, due to injuries in preseason, he hasn't had the opportunity to get a consistent run in the team, and Karanka is very much the sort of manager who wants a settled back 4. Hefele is a better CB than him, so, theres that..

I did mention in my previous post that I've not had a great amount of Michael Dawson watching this season, hes still a very good centre back, its just that, if/when he gets injured, its more than likely to be a long term one. Again, as with Figueiredo, theres plenty of time left this season, and Dawson will get in the side when needed.

I also did think of asking if we could add a little bit of code to the game. Should be easy to implement ;)

{if {NFFC.Manager = 'Wilf2k';
	then select NFFC.Player ('Danny Fox');
	set PA('200') and CA('200');
}
else
Continue}

;)

Hi Rob, I think the squad is about spot on :brock: I agree with you about Fox, he is just on a run of confidence and is doing alright, better than when he's at left back anyway, also he has better defensive midfielders in front of him this season. I notice that Jack Robinson has a better rating at CB than LB? I know at Liverpool he was a Full Back not sure if he played CB at QPR. 

5 hours ago, Gripper said:

Pretty sure that we will be spending again in January, especially if we are still in and around the play offs. LB and FW look a bit light compared to the rest of the squad. Just please god no more DMC's! 

30 minutes ago, shakey.bridge said:

Hi Rob, I think the squad is about spot on :brock: I agree with you about Fox, he is just on a run of confidence and is doing alright, better than when he's at left back anyway, also he has better defensive midfielders in front of him this season. I notice that Jack Robinson has a better rating at CB than LB? I know at Liverpool he was a Full Back not sure if he played CB at QPR. 

He played CB at QPR, and has played for Forest there (as part of a 3). Karanka has said he sees him as a left back though. 

16 minutes ago, YouReds said:

Pretty sure that we will be spending again in January, especially if we are still in and around the play offs. LB and FW look a bit light compared to the rest of the squad. Just please god no more DMC's! 

I think we will spend, but, it will happen only if we offload some players. 

1 hour ago, robterrace said:

Figueiredo won't be getting changed. I'm happy with his rating, but, due to injuries in preseason, he hasn't had the opportunity to get a consistent run in the team, and Karanka is very much the sort of manager who wants a settled back 4. Hefele is a better CB than him, so, theres that..

I did mention in my previous post that I've not had a great amount of Michael Dawson watching this season, hes still a very good centre back, its just that, if/when he gets injured, its more than likely to be a long term one. Again, as with Figueiredo, theres plenty of time left this season, and Dawson will get in the side when needed.

I also did think of asking if we could add a little bit of code to the game. Should be easy to implement ;)

{if {NFFC.Manager = 'Wilf2k';
	then select NFFC.Player ('Danny Fox');
	set PA('200') and CA('200');
}
else
Continue}

;)

Careful Rob, that looks like a personal insult.... You know that's not allowed on here... 😂

Glad you're not changing the stats of figgy, because Gripper made sense when asking me who was over-rated which forced fox out of the first team and HE would look into it.

I've already said quite a few times I'm not fox's biggest fan just a fan of realism. He is in the starting 11 not the U23s

It's funny how when a Leicester fan posted the same about Wes Morgan it was swiftly responded to that they would fix it and put him in the first team not U23s

Back to the Transfer Budget. You have included the Optional transfer fee's for Dias and Gongalves @ 17.25Mil I think we may purchase one of them if we get promoted say Dias will this be reflected in the game? Say you get promoted will we be given the transfer budget to actually buy any of these?  I know we have spent a lot so far but as @YouReds Mentioned I think Evangelos Marinakis and Sokratis Kominakis will back us. Also on the Board you have Kominakis as the owner yet Marinakis owns the majority share at 80%

Just now, Lord Smart said:

Back to the Transfer Budget. You have included the Optional transfer fee's for Dias and Gongalves @ 17.25Mil I think we may purchase one of them if we get promoted say Dias will this be reflected in the game? Say you get promoted will we be given the transfer budget to actually buy any of these?  I know we have spent a lot so far but as @YouReds Mentioned I think Evangelos Marinakis and Sokratis Kominakis will back us. Also on the Board you have Kominakis as the owner yet Marinakis owns the majority share at 80%

We can't reflect Marinakis owning the majority, as to do that, he would need to exist twice in the DB, so, the best option is to do as we have done.

2 minutes ago, robterrace said:

We can't reflect Marinakis owning the majority, as to do that, he would need to exist twice in the DB, so, the best option is to do as we have done.

Understood thank you for clarifying this.

1 hour ago, Wilf2k said:

Careful Rob, that looks like a personal insult.... You know that's not allowed on here... 😂

Glad you're not changing the stats of figgy, because Gripper made sense when asking me who was over-rated which forced fox out of the first team and HE would look into it.

I've already said quite a few times I'm not fox's biggest fan just a fan of realism. He is in the starting 11 not the U23s

It's funny how when a Leicester fan posted the same about Wes Morgan it was swiftly responded to that they would fix it and put him in the first team not U23s

Lovely, just so you understand where I am coming from, Danny Fox will not have a single playing stat changed, nor will Michael Dawson. Nor will any other player on Forests playing staff. I can say that much. What may occur, is a change in one of the bits that a HR is responsible for. That will adjust how the game sees the players, and, how Karanka (in game) will pick them. 

I have no care about what the Leicester researcher says or does, that is his area, and what he says, goes, its just that sometimes, things happen that fall outside a club researchers remit. 

Just now, Lord Smart said:

Would you consider making Osborn an Accomplished LB? He has done a steady job there when required 

Not at this time.

If we did that, he would get picked there over his preference in midfield. I know he started in youth football, and played through to U19 as a LB, but, at this point in time, hes a midfielder who is capable of playing left back, in the same sort of way Chris Cohen did.

6 minutes ago, robterrace said:

Lovely, just so you understand where I am coming from, Danny Fox will not have a single playing stat changed, nor will Michael Dawson. Nor will any other player on Forests playing staff. I can say that much. What may occur, is a change in one of the bits that a HR is responsible for. That will adjust how the game sees the players, and, how Karanka (in game) will pick them. 

I have no care about what the Leicester researcher says or does, that is his area, and what he says, goes, its just that sometimes, things happen that fall outside a club researchers remit. 

SPLENDID ROB.

But just so you know where I'm coming from, this thread might as well be closed because despite it being a FM19 Beta Database issue thread everything that people raise gets pushed to the side because you are never wrong.
Your stats are perfect (which is whay fox is in u23s)

Good to see that the Leicester research team are more reasonable and open to suggestions from fans of the game and the team than you are when they report issues.

I'll see you down the city ground on Saturday, I'll be the one in the trent end with everyone else singing Mul of Kintyre and cheering Fox's name when the teams are annouced (oh no he'll be playing for the u23s not the first team.

Good day to you sir, this has run it's course and I'm logging out

I thought the current deal with Colback is that when his contract runs out with Newcastle he will sign with us or am I wrong? If that is his current deal can that be represented in the game?

50 minutes ago, Wilf2k said:

SPLENDID ROB.

But just so you know where I'm coming from, this thread might as well be closed because despite it being a FM19 Beta Database issue thread everything that people raise gets pushed to the side because you are never wrong.
Your stats are perfect (which is whay fox is in u23s)

Good to see that the Leicester research team are more reasonable and open to suggestions from fans of the game and the team than you are when they report issues.

I'll see you down the city ground on Saturday, I'll be the one in the trent end with everyone else singing Mul of Kintyre and cheering Fox's name when the teams are annouced (oh no he'll be playing for the u23s not the first team.

Good day to you sir, this has run it's course and I'm logging out

If you actually understood what I put, there are other reasons as to why Danny Fox appears in the Under 23s, that is something that changing his CA/PA or any other stat can resolve.

That is why Gripper said he will have a look, there are things that he can do, that I can't.

I'm not perfect, nor is my research, but, when, you, in one of your posts that was deleted this morning, say that I 'must be blind' and various other comments of a derogatory tone, you cannot be surprised when I come back and be slightly more objective than most in return. Do you shout at the checkout operators in the supermarket when you don't agree with the price in something, and then moan about them when they come back at you? 

I've proven over the years that I am more than reasonable at dealing with issues regarding research, as can be seen with the other contributions to this thread, especially when those comments are structured properly, and have been put together without personal insults.

As for Saturday, I wonder if you'll also be one of those that will scream at the back 4 to play the ball out quicker, then scream at them even more and berate them when they pass it out quickly and make a mistake?

Still, if thats you done, I'll get back to dealing with those who actually can understand what I've put in response.

17 minutes ago, Lord Smart said:

I thought the current deal with Colback is that when his contract runs out with Newcastle he will sign with us or am I wrong? If that is his current deal can that be represented in the game?

The loan, as I see, is for a season, then, if we want to keep him longer, we just negotiate with him, and he will sign on a free.

Right, as this kicked off last night when I wasn't around, heres a few bits.

19 hours ago, robterrace said:

Yacob and Tachtsidis, to a lesser extent, Michael Dawson, and some of the fringe players, have been difficult to rate, based on their lack of match action. Theres some that would  probably have ratings cut, but, if I don't see them play, I can't do a great deal.

Ratings for players are subjective, but, as I said previously, I'm happy with them, and, I think Dean and Pete (the HRs for England) are as well.

Also, any abuse will be dealt with. I have no issue with discussing stuff, as long as you remain polite, and understand, that, despite being able to do many things, I cannot go against the mechanics of the game and how it interprets things.

I will come back with sarcasm. The mods and admins will come back with bans.

I do find it strange that we’ve finally got some money behind us but once again we only have a tiny budget to play with. Understand millions have been spent but I’m sure if a player was to become available to Karanka in January, the owners will fork out more than 500k, regardless of player sales. Seems a little low, considering this is the budget Forest seem to have had for several years in-game now

1 hour ago, gibbo11 said:

I do find it strange that we’ve finally got some money behind us but once again we only have a tiny budget to play with. Understand millions have been spent but I’m sure if a player was to become available to Karanka in January, the owners will fork out more than 500k, regardless of player sales. Seems a little low, considering this is the budget Forest seem to have had for several years in-game now

I agree even our overall balance is low so it’s not just the budget.

And it’s not like our owners have no money.

You can’t make any requests for funds as the board say they cannot afford it. Plus the current budget don’t help with players like Osborn and Cash requesting new contracts. You edit the wage budget to allow this and then have even less. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Smart said:

You can’t make any requests for funds as the board say they cannot afford it. Plus the current budget don’t help with players like Osborn and Cash requesting new contracts. You edit the wage budget to allow this and then have even less. 

Im not saying give us like 20 odd million just a don't see Forest current Budget of 500k Realistic, We have spent a lot but still think we would have say 2/2.5 mill left Plus would expect the Overall budget to be a bit more than what it is.

1 hour ago, Lord Smart said:

Yep, if this summer has proved one thing, it’s that the owners have money and are prepared to spend it, so disappointed the finances don’t reflect this.

Would be interested to see other Championship clubs budgets / finances, and see where we are placed

Edited by gibbo11

3 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

Can let let us know what happens, in-game, to Forest finances in January please? Please report back. That will help us establish the overall situation as things stand.

Clearly it would be incorrect to give Forest millions to spend, seeing as that is what they have done already, and there is FFP to consider. I do appreciate that the Brereton deal is set to go through in January in-game which should help. 

We have spent a fortune!  I just hope financial fair play don't come back and bite us in the backside, we definitely need to trim the squad in January, its huge.

11 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

Yep, if this summer has proved one thing, it’s that the owners have money and are prepared to spend it, so disappointed the finances don’t reflect this.

Would be interested to see other Championship clubs budgets / finances, and see where we are placed

From my point of view, and having had a few chats with Gripper about it, I think we're being very careful (Forest, that is), to make sure that everything we spend is FFP compliant. We've broken our transfer record, but, at the same time, reading into the structure of the deal (http://sportwitness.co.uk/contract-details-nottingham-forest-transfer-revealed-interesting-clauses/) , there are ways in which we've covered ourselves depending on which division we're in and the like.

As always, its a guesstimate as to what we have to spend, and, honestly, after the incomings (and the potential signing of Karim Ansarifard), I can't see us going overboard in terms of spending, unless we sell, and I don't see us selling anyone else just yet.

image.thumb.png.ba38a8e10cb8378298072d80bfd7be89.png

Not sure if this is the correct Thread but the profile at the top don't display Year Founded, Status , Finances etc

Also the Stadium isn't displayed in the Bottom Right

Edited by Lord Smart

24 minutes ago, robterrace said:

From my point of view, and having had a few chats with Gripper about it, I think we're being very careful (Forest, that is), to make sure that everything we spend is FFP compliant. We've broken our transfer record, but, at the same time, reading into the structure of the deal (http://sportwitness.co.uk/contract-details-nottingham-forest-transfer-revealed-interesting-clauses/) , there are ways in which we've covered ourselves depending on which division we're in and the like.

As always, its a guesstimate as to what we have to spend, and, honestly, after the incomings (and the potential signing of Karim Ansarifard), I can't see us going overboard in terms of spending, unless we sell, and I don't see us selling anyone else just yet.

Would you consider our Financial status a bit more than Okay? As we have seen they have money and are prepared to invest if needed

Edited by Lord Smart