Sports Interactive Community
Woodg SI

[Norwegian] Issues in Norwegian Translations

Please post all issues relating to the Norwegian translation of FM 2019 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Pace has been translated compared to all previous versions. The original translation was better ("Hurtighet" instead of "Fart"), and has changed the layout for physical stats a bit. Will probably get used to it over time, but still feel like the original was better.

Pace has been translated compared to all previous versions. The original translation was better ("Hurtighet" instead of "Fart"), and has changed the layout for physical stats a bit. Will probably get used to it over time, but still feel like the original was better.

We now have "Speed" in there too which is linked to training (and is a combination of pace and acceleration) so in order to distinguish these terms this has been done (I got this explanation from our localisation testing team)

On 16/10/2018 at 13:24, Woodg SI said:

Please post all issues relating to the Norwegian translation of FM 2019 in this topic.

Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you will see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

22 minutes ago, el_locoman said:

Even though I have changed the language from english to norwegian in the settings, some mails and interactions still happens to be in english. 

Please read the opening post (quoted above here), specifically the bold text.

The "No-Nonsense Full-Back" is translated to "Ukomplisert back" which makes sense, but "No-Nonsense Centre-Back" is translated to "Sterk sideback" which translates back to Strong Side-Back. Might I suggest "Ukomplisert Midtstopper" 

5 hours ago, JonnyIn said:

The "No-Nonsense Full-Back" is translated to "Ukomplisert back" which makes sense, but "No-Nonsense Centre-Back" is translated to "Sterk sideback" which translates back to Strong Side-Back. Might I suggest "Ukomplisert Midtstopper" 

It would seem that we haven't been able to agree on a common translation for these roles. I myself have translated "No-Nonsense Centre-Back" as "Rett-på-sak-midtstopper".

I'll get in touch with the other translators and see if we can find common ground.

Is "kontant" maybe more in line with the original meaning of "No-Nonsense"?

Kontant midtstopper - kontant sideback.

6 hours ago, LarsC said:

Is "kontant" maybe more in line with the original meaning of "No-Nonsense"?

Kontant midtstopper - kontant sideback.

Ikke så dumt, skal se på det.

On 06/11/2018 at 20:17, Maaka said:

Ikke så dumt, skal se på det.

Supert, tror ikke de andre alternativene speiler originalbetydningen på noen særlig god måte.

"Rett-på-sak" er forsåvidt noe samme betydning, men "kontant" er enklere, kortere (ja, mer "kontant" egentlig :)).

The mentality "positiv" is not that accurate. In Norway we almost only use "positiv" when we are talking about what mood a person is in. Last year it was "kontroll" which fits the description more.

On medical news, there is a small mistake. Underneath the injuried players name he is described as "den 20 år gamle vidunderbarnen". The correct thing should be "det 20 år gamle vidunderbarnet".

But I feel this is unnecessary clunky in Norwegian, A simpler text would be to drop "det" and have it say something like "20 år gammelt vidunderbarn"

wonderkid.PNG