Sports Interactive Community
Woodg SI

[Polish] Issues in Polish Translations

Please post all issues relating to the Polish translation of FM 2019 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

35 minutes ago, rafkos7732 said:

Bug polish translate http://prntscr.com/l7vge5

Please see post above: 

Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you will see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release.

Don't know if ti fits here becouse of more logical than translation problem but:
I play in premier league so i cannot be promoted (in polish awansować).

20181030142801_1.jpg

Yeah, it's our shorthand, sorry. This means qualification for European competitions, will be fixed, thank you.

In polish there shouldn't be a dot after numer of the day. Also form of names months is wrong.

So, it should be f.e.:

sobota, 28 lipca
środa, 1 sierpnia
sobota, 4 sierpnia

not as at screenshot.

Because of f.e.:  sobota, 28 (dzień) lipca

https://sjp.pwn.pl/poradnia/haslo/Zapis-daty;16535.html

https://sjp.pwn.pl/zasady/340-87-4-Kropka-po-cyfrach-arabskich-oznaczajacych-liczebniki-porzadkowe;629746.html

http://www.jezykowedylematy.pl/2010/10/poprawne-i-niepoprawne-formy-zapisu-daty-liczebnik-porzadkowy/

Greets:)

odmiana.png

HI! 

There is an error here, because there is one too much "y", instead of "Reżimyy" should be "Reżimy".

Greetings!

Bez tytułu.png

1. I have same problem with "Reżimyy".

2. It's not translate but, when will u finish polish characters in surnames?

3. If it is possible: When I am in "job stability" and I filter teams and choose only national team, the name of the "league" column should change to "Tournament" or "Competition" cause national team can not play in leagues (logic).

Edited by myfunnygame

1. That's because you have the same game :P This will be fixed with the next translation patch.

2. This question is for the Polish research team I guess.

3. Thanks for this, we'll see if a change is possible (i.e. if the entry is used only in this place and changing it won't mess up anything else). ETA: No, it's not, as the column is the same, so it's name needs to work in all views.

15 hours ago, myfunnygame said:

3. If it is possible: When I am in "job stability" and I filter teams and choose only national team, the name of the "league" column should change to "Tournament" or "Competition" cause national team can not play in leagues (logic).

They can play in leagues:

image.thumb.png.1a0723a1d653675efbd42cb17c199cc1.png

After clicking "Ask assistant for assignment" (upper right corner), a group with the English name "Mentoring group 1" appears, instead of, for example, "grupa mentoringowa nr 1"

HJwKACF.png

Thanx, must be something that went into the game too late for us to translate; will be fixed in the next lng patch.

Many things could sound better. The problem however is that names of competitions (clubs, persons, cities, etc.) in the database cannot be inflected and are fed into the text in the nominative. Your suggestion would result in "znaleźli się w Jedenastka Tygodnia Vananarama South", and there is absolutely no practical way round it. Trust me, every year we perform syntactic acrobatics with the text to make it at least acceptable, if not stylistically perfect.

Yes but it sounds "X, Y and Z is [11 of the Week]", but it should be "X, Y and Z were/are in [11 of the Week]". I know that polish is so hard and I respect this SI acrobatics :) 

I would be afraid to touch anything here as the line seems like at least possibly introducing the full Team of the Week as well. I see your point though, and we'll try to come up with something better.

Posted (edited)

"In month: 2020" (???) won EURO Cup.

I have save before last match in season if you want to show this messege.

image.thumb.png.cf4f953e76a7e08e50c469c78ac5ebc5.png

Edited by myfunnygame

Thank you for these.

1. not my fault, but I'll fix it of course, no savegame needed;

2. this one's for the coders - this is an old line #248409, originally used as "opracowanie" in the credits screen (as in "development of the game"), but apparently recycled now to mean "rozwój" (as in "development of the technical skills"); they need two separate entries in the database;

3. there's no name in the English text either, so this one's for SI coders as well.

@Woodg SI - could you please follow up on #2 and #3 here?

@Profesor

I lost the semi-final and won the last match in the Confederations Cup ... and after winning the 3rd position in this tournament I received the message "England under attack after being eliminated from the tournament"
XD

image.png

I dont know power of this team but...

image.thumb.png.d33fde9b711d22d2b2f71384df316ae2.png

The biggest disappointment is New Zealand, because the rivals have finally finished their success (

The biggest surprise is Côte d'Ivoire, their performances are amazing, and the group stage is a great achievement for them.

First of all, New Zealand lost to France and Brazil and drew with Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, Côte d'Ivoire played the second team (B), and the group stage was the first phase of this tournament, so ...

#1 & #2 - These are game issues, not translation ones, in English it's the same situation, "Concerns raised after England  Confederations cup exit", etc. Lines like these are not sensitive to what the 1st stage of a tournament is. You might want to post this in the appropriate bugs subforum.

This only shows how worthless the Confederations Cup is :P

On 14/01/2019 at 12:00, Woodg SI said:

@myfunnygame - any chance you could flick the game to English and re-post the screenshots as having trouble finding the issues

@Woodg SI

image.thumb.png.9d630ad23ca2797c1c2747447414a48d.png

I special send Kane as GK to lose so high and this is not in this review after 4:16 in semifinal in extratime.

EDIT: of course text about champion is other than in Polish version cause i start simulation before first match, but text about NZ and about Saudi is same 

\

LOL, I see now on picture that national team's name is in Polish, not translate :) 

Edited by myfunnygame

image.thumb.png.aee1fffdbff08ba6c4df175eb76b5d11.png

His last 5 matches is: 3:2, 3:1, 2:1, 5:2, 4:3 and on picture is info about that he has good series matches without loss goal. How?

On 14/11/2018 at 10:19, Profesor said:

1. That's because you have the same game :P This will be fixed with the next translation patch.

2. This question is for the Polish research team I guess.

3. Thanks for this, we'll see if a change is possible (i.e. if the entry is used only in this place and changing it won't mess up anything else). ETA: No, it's not, as the column is the same, so it's name needs to work in all views.

Will u change "Reżimyy" this year? 

1. Re: Mitchell - The English text has "run of clean sheets" there, which I have always taken to mean "consecutive"; web search largely (with exceptions) confirms this, so I need to bounce this upstairs.

2. Re: "Reżimyy" - this made its way into the game after translation close as far as I can tell; I have fixed it for the next patch, whenever that may be, and if not, for the next version.

3. Re: "stanową" - thanks, will be fixed. I spend a few days each day on a spell-check of the entire text, but this obviously would be missed there. Found another instance of the same, by the way.

As to the qualifications thing: The English version is "We've done okay, that was the qualification campaign we expected, let's push on from here now and exceed expectations next time". I would say that (i) it is absolutely unclear that "next time" refers to the World Cup (ii) the translation adequately reflects that ambiguity.

Pierwsze do poprawienia, drugie jest poprawne formalnie, choć rzadko używane w tym akurat kontekście. Dzięki.

Is there any chance to get an insight into FM 18 Polish translation issues now? I couldn't find it the topic in the forum.