Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[ENGLAND] Leyton Orient Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Leyton Orient here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                 

·        State what you think the data should be.                

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                          

Please note that any non-data issues for Leyton Orient should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Error in Josh Coulson's data for Leyton Orient. Originally says he makes his debut this season, but he made over 25 appearances for Orient last season (in loan spell and permanent transfer)

Lawrence Hammond was born in Huntingdon (I taught him but have no proof other than that so not sure that counts!)

Also, the pace of Josh Koroma is surely more than 10?! If Josh Coulson is 8 then Koroma has to be around 12 or 13 at the very least.

Edited by OrientTillIDie

A couple of other things regarding the youth players...

Hector Kyprianou is a central midfielder (box to box type), rather than a centre back. Granted, he has played at centre back on occasion but almost every time I’ve seen the youths play, he’s in the centre of midfield.

Jaedon Phillips is an attacking midfielder/striker and a good finisher, yet is down as a central midfielder with finishing of 2. Should be somewhere between 9 and 11.

Does anyone actually watch the youths play? Because the accuracy of ratings and positions on a lot of them is well off the mark.

Edited by OrientTillIDie

I’d also say Macauley Bonne’s finishing is a little low. Probably should be around the 12-13 mark. Composure is about right and I think that’s why he misses chances rather than his inability to finish. 

Any response to these suggestions? I’d be interested to know the reasoning behind some of the attributes and also who researched the U18s.

Edited by OrientTillIDie

13 hours ago, OrientTillIDie said:

Any response to these suggestions? I’d be interested to know the reasoning behind some of the attributes and also who researched the U18s.

Hi @OrientTillIDie,

Thanks for posting, some worthwhile suggestions to think over. 

I've updated/tweaked Coulson, Hammond, Kyprianou and Koroma.

I don't believe you have provided enough evidence for Phillips and Bonne to be adjusted.

Spoiler

Bonne's finishing is already at 11

, please provide evidence as to why it should be bumped at by one point. 

And our researcher researches the youth teams. 

Thanks, 

Jake. 

Edited by Jake Laskowski

Hopefully attached is a screenshot from the club website saying Phillips is a forward. He’s already got 7 goals this season and was somewhere between 15 and 20 last season (I forget the actual number but I’ve asked someone at the club to confirm this). Therefore I think a finishing attribute of 2 for the youth team’s top scorer is a little harsh. I’d say around the 9 mark would be fair and his composure 8 or 9.

With regards to Bonne’s finishing, he was the second highest scorer in the league last year so I’d say 12 is more realistic and he’s scored plenty of 1 on 1s so his composure potentially should be more than 8. 

Genuine question which I don’t mean to sound rude or abrasive but I’m sure that’s how it will read on here... are we sure the researcher is researching the youth teams if they haven’t got information that is on the club website correct? 

93ED3261-6926-490F-9BB8-5479EDC4585C.png

Edited by OrientTillIDie

Often, attributes for youth players are randomly generated as not enough has been seen of them to form a stable opinion.

I have now given Phillips a generous CA for his experience to date, given the number of goals you have recorded.

Bonne - but how many chances has he missed? (I have no idea, just putting that out there)

39 minutes ago, Gripper said:

Often, attributes for youth players are randomly generated as not enough has been seen of them to form a stable opinion.

I have now given Phillips a generous CA for his experience to date, given the number of goals you have recorded.

Bonne - but how many chances has he missed? (I have no idea, just putting that out there)

Fair point about the missed chances I guess. He misses a few and I he’s still quite young. I just expected it to be a bit higher considering how prolific he was last year. Thanks for the input :thup:

The information for the youth team came directly from a coach at the club. So for instance updating Kyprianou's ratings is wrong - unless you're trying to tell me this coach hasn't seen him play at CB?

The finishing rating for Philips will be random and not set. 

I'm happy with Bonne's finishing rating. 17 non-penalty goals in 44 games at Conference level when his clear superiorty is his conditioning and work rate is reflective of that. 

About the Pace of Koroma and Coulson, that sounds like I've overrated the later a bit but it should also be considered in conjuction with Acceleration (I don't have them to hand, I assume Coulsons is less and Koroma's higher) , and is also based primarily off of last season when Koroma didn't appear to be in great shape. 

Edited by Stu Coleman

5 hours ago, Stu Coleman said:

The information for the youth team came directly from a coach at the club. So for instance updating Kyprianou's ratings is wrong - unless you're trying to tell me this coach hasn't seen him play at CB?

The finishing rating for Philips will be random and not set. 

I'm happy with Bonne's finishing rating. 17 non-penalty goals in 44 games at Conference level when his clear superiorty is his conditioning and work rate is reflective of that. 

About the Pace of Koroma and Coulson, that sounds like I've overrated the later a bit but it should also be considered in conjuction with Acceleration (I don't have them to hand, I assume Coulsons is less and Koroma's higher) , and is also based primarily off of last season when Koroma didn't appear to be in great shape. 

Kyprianou is listed on the club website as midfielder (you can see him just above Phillips in the picture I attached). I’ve also seen him play as a centre back but he’s definitely used a CM more. He also seems to score quite a few goals from midfield too. 

Likewise with Phillips being a forward. He has been used as a CM very infrequently but scoring 20+ goals predominantly as a striker or a second striker would suggest to me he’s a forward (as well as being listed as one). Whenever I’ve seen him play, he’s on the shoulder of the defenders.

Ive been to see the youths play lots of times, plus most of the info can be gained from the match reports on the club website. I’ve only seen Kyprianou play CB once and this was only in a friendly when the first year scholars came on and he shifted into the back line. Every other time he’s played as a box to box midfielder next to Haxhiu who is honestly a bit like Lee Cattermole.