Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[ENGLAND] Salford City Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to Salford City here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                 

·        State what you think the data should be.                

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                          

Please note that any non-data issues for Salford City should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

Salford are completely unplayable.

You gave them a balance of 193K but a monthly wage budget of 32k? Seriously? This is the research given to perhaps the most famous Lower League club in the world?

Salford are owned by billionaire Peter Lim (50%) and the club of 92, all of them millionaires. Gary Neville's net worth is 11 million, Ryan Giggs is worth 40 millions, etc. etc. This is easy stuff to know and find out.

Yet you have Swindon Town with a balance of 3 million and a wage budget of 3k?

How does this make any sense? From a financial point of view?

Salford is an extremely well run club and backed with a very hands on approach by the class of 92. Gary Neville is a bloody control freak who counts every penny and is constantly pushing the club towards the professionalism of teams in the top divisions. Their chairman, Karen Baird is a financial manager with about 20 years experience.  But now, when you play as Salford, you are perpetually in the red because of the insane wage bill and the tiny balance. This means you can't ask the board for ANY upgrades or improvements at all, and are stuck with this absurd financial situation until the championship because Rooney et al are all on 3-4 contracts but you're still with conference level training facilities.

Edited by bennyj22

Gary Neville discusses the investment at the club:

Gary talking about his general investment philosophy for the club.

If you also watch the three season mini documentary series you can observe the attentiveness given to the complete management of the club. The professionalism is unlike anything below league 1 level football. maybe even championship.

I mean, Rooney was most likely bought for a figure between 500k and 1 million. That level of investment is just insane for non-league football.

They are (comparatively) absolutely minted and with utterly committed owners and you give them 193k in the balance and a 32k wage budget? That wage budget is above every single championship club in FM2019.

So yeah, this renders Salford completely unplayable because they are permanently bankrupt.

Edited by bennyj22

Also Salford are missing Chris Neal as their GK - https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/player/5112636/chris-neal

He's been at Salford the entire season.

Same with Scott Wiseman - https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/player/5113021/scott-wiseman

Been at Salford the whole season.

Jake Lawlor doesn't play for Salford, he plays for Wrexham.

Scott Burton plays for Chester.

Dominic McHale plays for Ashton.

Mike Phenix plays for Southport.

Why are they all at Salford?

Who on earth does the research for lower league teams?

Craig Dootson and Derek Egan also don't coach there anymore.

And why is Devante Rodney nerfed and with a 60% injury proneness? He is their best young player.

And Jack Radshaw? He hasn't even got on the bench this entire season, let a lone played a single minute of any game and you still have him as their 2nd or 3rd best player?

Ibou Touray is perhaps their strongest, fastest and most skillful defender but he has, for some reason, probably the worst stats in the squad. James Jones is also probably one of the most talented young defenders in his league.

If anyone actually wants to watch Salford, they upload all the highlights of all their matches online, including a wealth of interviews with the team, staff and management - https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/UCwBzE2sevTVgJMM35dlBwRQ 

Edited by bennyj22

Thank you bennyj.

You have been using the data for the beta version of the game. ie, the unfinished version.

The correct Salford City squads will be seen in the release version of the database on November 2nd. Those players who left Salford will appear at their correct clubs. (For future reference, please link to the club website to prove their squad status rather than to sortitoutsi)

As so often happens, we were left down by a keen enthusiastic would-be researcher who didn't do the required work. Perhaps you could email us (scouting at sigames dot com) top apply to research Salford City, moving forward, providing you are a season-ticket holder and providing you are prepared to accept the limitations of your team's players. 

Finances: Looking at the final database, it looks to me as if Salford City have plenty of money. Of course, it doesn't matter if your chairman is the richest person ever to walk the earth, there are still financial regulations to adhere to. I hope that you will be able to demonstrate their precise working budget with proven examples of the wages being paid and the incomes received, as time goes by.

Alright thanks Gripper. Sorry if I sounded a bit angry. I had only just got around to checking out the game and was highly disappointed to see such little attention paid here.

Also Tony Aghayere isn't at Salford.

And yes, maybe I should apply to be a Salford City researcher for you guys. I know the club inside out.

4 hours ago, bennyj22 said:

Alright thanks Gripper. Sorry if I sounded a bit angry. I had only just got around to checking out the game and was highly disappointed to see such little attention paid here.

Also Tony Aghayere isn't at Salford.

And yes, maybe I should apply to be a Salford City researcher for you guys. I know the club inside out.

I don't think you're using an updated version, it hasn't been like this for some time. There has been more than a 'little' attention paid to all my clubs.

And please, get in contact with myself or Gripper as we are looking for a Salford expert who knows the in's and out's of the club.

Hope you enjoy FM19.

Jake.

17 hours ago, Jake Laskowski said:

I don't think you're using an updated version, it hasn't been like this for some time. There has been more than a 'little' attention paid to all my clubs.

And please, get in contact with myself or Gripper as we are looking for a Salford expert who knows the in's and out's of the club.

Hope you enjoy FM19.

Jake.

Can confirm that i've had my version since the minute it came out and on my one and only save, all the new signings were at Salford, so not sure what went wrong!

Nick Haughton has recently transferred to AFC Fylde. (Personally a bit disappointed with this. He's so damn good on the ball. I guess he needed more game time always starting for us on the bench. Shelton and Whitehead are very in-form right now and Nick just couldn't seem to get a start).

James Jones and Emmanuel Dieseruvwe recently went on a short loan. These are only month-long youth loans however so probably should not be updated in the database.

However, Josh Askew should be on loan at Ashton United until end of season. Danny Livesey should be at Chester on loan until end of season. Anthony Dudley is also on loan at Chester and Jake Beesley is on loan at Bradford Park Avenue, both also until end of season.

We have also just got Dennis Politic on loan from Bolton.

As of 6th November, 2018, this means our current squad should be (not including the one month loans given to James Jones and Emmanuel Dieseruvwe):

1EnglandGK Chris Neal

2GibraltarDF Scott Wiseman

3The GambiaDF Ibou Touray

4EnglandMF Augustin Mafuta

5EnglandDF Liam Hogan (Captain)

6EnglandDF Carl Piergianni

8Saint Kitts and NevisMLois Maynard

9Republic of IrelandFW Adam Rooney

10EnglandFW Danny Lloyd

11EnglandMF Tom Walker

12New ZealandGK Max Crocombe

13EnglandFW Jack Redshaw

16EnglandMF James Hooper

18EnglandMF Danny Whitehead

19EnglandMF Mark Shelton

21EnglandFW Devante Rodney

22RomaniaMF Dennis Politic (on loan from Bolton Wanderers)

23EnglandDF Nathan Pond

27EnglandMF Kieran Glynn

30Republic of IrelandFW Rory Gaffney

39EnglandFW Kamar Moncrieffe

Our current staff roster is:

Manager Scotland Graham Alexander
Assistant coach England Chris Lucketti
Goalkeeping coach England Carlo Nash
Sporting Director England Chris Casper
Sports Scientist England Rob Williams
Kitman England Paul Rushton
Head of Academy 92 England Jamie Russell
Deputy Head of Academy 92 England Lewis Craig
Club Secretary England Andrew Giblin
Edited by bennyj22

Hi @bennyj22,

I'm not sure what data issue you have posted here, please could you elaborate on it?

Nick Haughton's transfer happened on 26th October, after the data lock for the game, so wasn't included.

John Askew went out on loan 4 days ago so hasn't been included on the game as it was after data lock and after the game's release.

James Jones and Emmanuel Dieseruvwe are both short term loans so haven't been included.

Danny Livesey, Anthony Dudley and Jake Beesley are on loan at their respective clubs on the game so there isn't a data issue here.

Dennis Politic is a short term loan and happened after data lock so isn't included on the game.

Please use this thread for data issues and not for posting news about Salford City.

Hope you're enjoying the game!

Thanks,

Jake.

Oh sorry!

I thought I was just updating news. This wasn't a complaint or anything. Just thought this would be the best place to post important updates about Salford.

On 07/11/2018 at 05:43, bennyj22 said:

I thought I was just updating news.

These threads aren't for news. Researchers are expected to keep up with news regarding their clubs,