29 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

The only arrows I'm seeing are red on other players so I'm actually having attribute decay.

There is a known UI issue which can cause red arrows thus giving the perception your players aren't actually developing.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, herne79 said:

There is a known UI issue which can cause red arrows thus giving the perception your players aren't actually developing.

So they are actually developing? Their CA is increasing? Thanks. That's a relief. I felt like I had to scrap my save

Edited by crusadertsar
1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

So they are actually developing? Their CA is increasing? Thanks. That's a relief. I felt like I had to scrap my save

Yes.  Somebody uploaded their save to the Bugs forum with the same issue.  @Seb Wassell had a peak behind the scenes and confirmed CA was indeed increasing even though red arrows were showing.

Red arrows can of course show for other reasons as they always have done, so try to keep a save from 6 or 12 months earlier (or the start of your game) so you can always go back and compare actual attributes.  If the actual attributes themselves are declining then that's something else, but report on that if you notice it :thup:.

2 hours ago, Anuth said:

@Seb Wassell is it a bug? I'm managing Roma now and Match review is unavailable on Monday(My match is on Sunday). Also, Match Preview is also available for manually choose on Saturday. (for Sunday match). 

Do you have a Data Analyst?

2 minutes ago, Anuth said:

Yes, I do. I can choose Match Review on Sunday for Saturday match but not on Monday for Sunday match. 

Ah ok, we'll look into this. Cheers.

On 25/10/2018 at 17:17, Kazza said:

I keep getting complaints about my individual training assignments from the same 4/5 [layers. So I change them and still they complain. How do you find out what the best individual training is for a player, pot luck!  i have had to revert to delegation but I would like to do this aspect myself.

Any help appreciated, am I missing something or is this an issue

Hy still did not get an answer to this apart from ignore them which Cleon advised not to.  If they keep complaining about their individual  training sessions and I keep altering them and they still complain, I am at a loss. There does not appear to be  any hint of what the player actually wants to train in, other than they say technical and I have tried that. Has anyone cracked this or just left it to the assman, as I have had to do until I can fathom out why they are unhappy and how to solve it.

3 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Hy still did not get an answer to this apart from ignore them which Cleon advised not to.  If they keep complaining about their individual  training sessions and I keep altering them and they still complain, I am at a loss. There does not appear to be  any hint of what the player actually wants to train in, other than they say technical and I have tried that. Has anyone cracked this or just left it to the assman, as I have had to do until I can fathom out why they are unhappy and how to solve it.

Ok the long answer to this question is to go to the Dynamics>Happiness>Player>Training and drilling down to that report, which can sometimes tell you specifics. For example, he may dislike the quality of attacking/tactical coaching. Sometimes you need to check the schedules themselves, cos each schedule will let you know how it impacts the happiness of players. Now if you have done all this and still find that you've checked these boxes and they aren't happy, its then time to check his personality.

His personality sometimes gives a good clue, some personalities don't like coaching hard at all. For example, I have a crazy preseason routine that always makes my players unhappy. Tbh no one is happy when they go for training and the coaches come out and tell em to run 20 laps as a warmup. Most players start grumpy and finish ok. Some players just don't like working too hard. What's more important is how they are actually doing in training.

A player can have  a Training rating of 9 and still be unhappy with training, in this case, what should you pay more attention to. The training rating or his happiness?

To extract the best growth from players you need to learn how to pay attention to those that matter. When a player is unhappy about training quality, I pay attention. When a player just complains cos its tough, I ignore them. I have had players who do double digit growth in one season and are still unhappy. I manage all the training myself, and I don't find their unhappiness to be a major concern. I never think about reducing intensity for players, not unless the training load and the match load are high.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:18, crusadertsar said:

Is there a bug in the training currently? I'm two months into my season and I haven't had any of my wonderkids increasing their attributes despite giving them plenty of game time. The only arrows I'm seeing are red on other players so I'm actually having attribute decay. What am I doing wrong? I mean I have my Assistant doing the training for now. But he has similar style to my Gegenpressing tactic and I'm actually happy with what sessions he chooses. Yet my players are not really improving. It's pretty frustrating since I love developing wonderkids in this game. Should I just not play until the patch on Nov 2?

I have ran quite a few seasons now, I keep a spreadsheet at the start of a season and one for the end of the season and I can say that my players are definitely improving.

Just now, Rashidi said:

Ok the long answer to this question is to go to the Dynamics>Happiness>Player>Training and drilling down to that report, which can sometimes tell you specifics. For example, he may dislike the quality of attacking/tactical coaching. Sometimes you need to check the schedules themselves, cos each schedule will let you know how it impacts the happiness of players. Now if you have done all this and still find that you've checked these boxes and they aren't happy, its then time to check his personality.

His personality sometimes gives a good clue, some personalities don't like coaching hard at all. For example, I have a crazy preseason routine that always makes my players unhappy. Tbh no one is happy when they go for training and the coaches come out and tell em to run 20 laps as a warmup. Most players start grumpy and finish ok. Some players just don't like working too hard. What's more important is how they are actually doing in training.

A player can have  a Training rating of 9 and still be unhappy with training, in this case, what should you pay more attention to. The training rating or his happiness?

To extract the best growth from players you need to learn how to pay attention to those that matter. When a player is unhappy about training quality, I pay attention. When a player just complains cos its tough, I ignore them. I have had players who do double digit growth in one season and are still unhappy. I manage all the training myself, and I don't find their unhappiness to be a major concern. I never think about reducing intensity for players, not unless the training load and the match load are high.

Brilliant many thanks. I can work with this and hopefully solve the issue. 

As always you guys are ever helpful. 

Cheers and thanks again.

:)

34 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

I have ran quite a few seasons now, I keep a spreadsheet at the start of a season and one for the end of the season and I can say that my players are definitely improving.

Awesome!  Thanks Rashidi. That definitely reassures me. Now if only my players had less longterm injuries lol

5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

It’s November and players are complaining that the training intensity is too low. Probably a stupid question, but how do I increase the intensity?

A. Either have more aggressive schedules, that give you a higher overall intensity

B. Go to each individuals training page and increase their individual intensity for training, up to double intensity.

@Seb Wassell another potential bug that i am not sure is one, all my players seem to want to do quickness training. Even when they have 17/18 in pace and acceleration I'm getting 5-6 players complaining about wanting this specific method of training at all times. 

12 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

It’s November and players are complaining that the training intensity is too low. Probably a stupid question, but how do I increase the intensity?

6 hours ago, Rashidi said:

A. Either have more aggressive schedules, that give you a higher overall intensity

B. Go to each individuals training page and increase their individual intensity for training, up to double intensity.

Thank you

Hi All,

Really enjoying the training this year. I was really yearning for the training system revamp, and I'm absolutely loving the result, both in terms of complexity, intuitiveness, and the fact that there are now so many ways one can go about things. Great job and kudos to all involved!

One Problem I'm having (in two different saves, one with Werder Bremen, and one with Leicester) is that a ton of players complain that there is too much quickness training. Now, in my Werder Bremen save, I didn't have a single quickness training session, nor did the players have individual regimes. The only thing I could chalk up to quickness was the general training done as part of the pre-season schedule.

In my Leicester save, I did run the "Heavy" Pre-season schedule, so there were indeed some quickness sessions. However, learning from the Bremen experience, I really narrowed their amount. However, This results in about 20 players in the U23 and U18 complaining only about the volume of quickness (see screenshots) and this does adversely affect their morale - with the AM already warning me that senior squad guys are also about to complain.

I'm a really struggling as to how to cope with this. I tried to tweak what I could think of, to no avail (other then not having any training that results in pace and acceleration gain, with seems over the top).

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Any ideas for the frustrated and probably-about-to-be-lynched-by-his-squad manager?

Thanks! 

20181103201142_1.jpg

20181103201149_1.jpg

I'm loving training, took a lot of work and fiddling but it is amazing the effect it has when you get it to work for your team. I'll start with my response from the fm19 feedback thread to @Bradley21

Training is tough this year, took a lot of working out. Here is a sample of where I am now, and now I have the hang of it ish, I am enjoying it, and it does work. You can see I have already started planning 2 weeks ahead, but I will chop and change on the fly. I also tend to work from matchday backwards.

image.thumb.png.6ef59f86cc4901a6c82d7b2e08b1d733.png

With the international break they will get mote time off, but I'm not showing you my whole repertoire, but the international break week I haven't touched yet so that's the kind of thing your seeing, easy way to start is to replace the general blue box training with something from that specific category e.g physical with quickness/endurance/rest.

Best advice I can give is DON'T go overboard on rest + recovery. But persevere and it's worth it. Some players will hate it, but if they are reasonable then try to accommodate why they don't like training, or get rid.

NOW. Then after my next match I adjusted the international week

image.thumb.png.64ead849a4abfb48788950634bf816e8.png

As you can see I work them hard, but also give time off, and if after big win option for day off maybe taken if no game in couple of days. My players don't moan much about training now, injuries are well down, get a few minor knocks, training and matches, and the odd long term, nothing out of the ordinary at all. A lot of 10 ratings for players training most weeks no bad reports and when there is a bad report it will be because of unhappiness at not playing so I tell them train harder.

Looking at my last week for the City match, I will probably add more defensive training, but a lot depends on the previous match.

I would say to anyone struggling with training, to let AM do it and just change one or two things and see the result. The 3rd session everyday is empty, use it add either set-piece training or GK training or extra curricular, these little things will all bear frutition.

Sorry if leapt in out of sink here but didn't want to post all this in general feedback and thought it may be of use here.

I just set my assistant to do the training.

I hope the AI knows what its doing as i have no interest in setting up and keep changing training depending on how many games per week etc. 

I preferred the simplicity of the older versions. But i do have to say good job on the changes, seems well thought out and well made, i just have no interest in it :)

The only thing with training i do is set up each of my players training position/role to focus the stats on what i want them to increase. Not even sure if thats worth it, but i always have done.

2 hours ago, Siven said:

I preferred the simplicity of the older versions. But i do have to say good job on the changes, seems well thought out and well made, i just have no interest in it :)

Second this. I appreciate that it's an improvement, offers a lot more detail, and allows for a more hands-on approach to training, that much is clear. But personally it just seems too time-consuming to create these schedules, and chop and change according to fixture list, results, tactics, development, injuries etc. I already spend far too much time micromanaging - I've played FM19 for 28hours and I've only advanced a week ingame - so adding another timesink to the mix would only make it worse.

Hopefully the AI knows what it's doing in the training department.

9 hours ago, Siven said:

I just set my assistant to do the training.

I hope the AI knows what its doing as i have no interest in setting up and keep changing training depending on how many games per week etc. 

The only thing with training i do is set up each of my players training position/role to focus the stats on what i want them to increase. Not even sure if thats worth it, but i always have done.

6 hours ago, mersk said:

Second this. I appreciate that it's an improvement, offers a lot more detail, and allows for a more hands-on approach to training, that much is clear. But personally it just seems too time-consuming to create these schedules, and chop and change according to fixture list, results, tactics, development, injuries etc. I already spend far too much time micromanaging - I've played FM19 for 28hours and I've only advanced a week ingame - so adding another timesink to the mix would only make it worse.

Hopefully the AI knows what it's doing in the training department.

You certainly don't have to go to the depths of curating every session, you can set weeks at a time from our list of templates. This is about as quick to do as the old system but offers considerably more control. These templates are what the AM uses, so observe what he does for a period and then tweak as you see fit. Of course if you have an AM who reflects your philosophy and would prefer to leave it to him it's been designed for that too.

Thanks very much @Seb Wassell

Well after my last post had to change schedule after next continue due to fixture change and I did add extra  def session for City game and it paid off for a 1-1 draw, and we should have won, though disappointed to concede as had been 6 league clean sheets previously. Also regarding training, all my players are doing positional, additional focus and trait training, as I say I work them hard.

Before i show my next schedule, I am currently enjoying a little battle with one of my wingers, I won't name him, but he is a typical winger, bit lazy and believes the hype:lol: he has been hating my training for months, but gradually his attributes are rising and I have got him from 6's in training to a months worth of 10s. Now I don't particularly rate this player but instead of getting rid I will give him a chance as he is responding well.

I tend to ignore all players moans unless I feel they are right, e.g unhappy with extra work, I don't care all my players do it, not suitable I check if he is improving I leave it if not try something else. But I do check it out.

Now here's my DEC schedule always tough in the PL

20181105122944_1.thumb.jpg.ddea23dbd2b97aaa36fbfbfa44dcace3.jpg

Not much rest, I don't care mwahahah. Started well enough, points away to city & spurs, beat LCFC, now I'm sure I will break my players through xmas and new year, but it will be fun.

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is about as quick to do as the old system but offers considerably more control.

Once you get the hang of it it is a lot quicker, but it's the control that is the real benefit, custom training for each game, this new training system is the second best new thing in game for after the dividers.

56 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Once you get the hang of it it is a lot quicker, but it's the control that is the real benefit, custom training for each game, this new training system is the second best new thing in game for after the dividers.

Well now I'm tempted to put arbitrary dividers into training...

1 hour ago, toffee71 said:

20181105122944_1.thumb.jpg.ddea23dbd2b97aaa36fbfbfa44dcace3.jpg

Not much rest, I don't care mwahahah. Started well enough, points away to city & spurs, beat LCFC, now I'm sure I will break my players through xmas and new year, but it will be fun.

Careful with their long term fitness there. But you seem to be aware of that and happy to push through, so go for it. If you can balance physical, ball work and rest you'll actually be able to keep them fitter for longer (provided they have the attributes for heavy load in the first place) :thup:

I'm still getting grip of the training, althoughAI does all the job for semi-pro teams i manage, i'm only managing the pracc for the PRO level teams, and it's all experimenting. I just hope some sort of guide appears to guide us through the learning process, which is the best part of FM.

Cheers,
Bitner 

On 03/11/2018 at 17:28, Dragoniere said:

Found the answer to my own question:

Turns our general Physical training includes quickness training as well. And any preset fitness regime (except heavy) is riddled with those.

Yeah, they're complaining about any training that targets the Quickness attribute, not just the training session titled "Quickness."

Anyway, so far I like the new system; it certainly make you feel more like a day-to-day manager than previous versions. I do find that I largely select the existing routines and then tailor them as needed (usually adding more extracurricular stuff and match reviews); I haven't yet built an entire week from scratch. I could maybe see myself doing that in a few seasons when the club's tactical and training identity is far more evolved, top to bottom. My assistant manager also seems to pick pretty smart options by default, even though he has pitiful attributes and disagrees with me on philosophy and formation.

Edited by Double Indemnity
8 minutes ago, Bitner said:

I'm still getting grip of the training, althoughAI does all the job for semi-pro teams i manage, i'm only managing the pracc for the PRO level teams, and it's all experimenting. I just hope some sort of guide appears to guide us through the learning process, which is the best part of FM.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Tbh I am now managing Stalybridge in the national north, and I have just left it to the assman, we are getting results on the pitch. I am not too fussed over their development at the moment, focusing on physical and overall, and basically trying to get a balance of using those 2 weekly slots right.

There's only so much you can do at that level :-

)Training.thumb.png.42655874a40e7250be9431f9e5e47043.png

Agora, Rashidi disse:

Tbh I am now managing Stalybridge in the national north, and I have just left it to the assman, we are getting results on the pitch. I am not too fussed over their development at the moment, focusing on physical and overall, and basically trying to get a balance of using those 2 weekly slots right.

That's it, my Dergview is getting some results, i'm not caring about development at all, i just want some results and reputation.

At Man Utd you need to do everything in style, speaking about other teams i'm managing :v

Cheers,
Bitner 

15 minutes ago, infisert said:

Is there really no additional focus that targets crossing? This feels like an oversight to me.

Attacking Wings, Attacking Direct improves crosses, and there are other training sessions that do these too.

3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Careful with their long term fitness there. But you seem to be aware of that and happy to push through, so go for it. If you can balance physical, ball work and rest you'll actually be able to keep them fitter for longer (provided they have the attributes for heavy load in the first place) :thup:

Well I did give them a very heavy physical pre-season, and all throught the months I always stick some physical in along the way.

As I expected came through December relatively well 2 defeats at Watford and  at Chelsea 1st Jan, good month though, couple of minor knocks, 1 other injury less than a month, but the knocks and a couple of red cards put a dampener.

My temperamental winger now likes training, has performed well, I gave him new contract, well his agent asked and I decided why not.

Am now off to do Jan training, will post for you all if you want.

I assume it’s not recommended to go physical heavy for the entire 6 weeks of preseason :herman:

was wondering whether to do 2 weeks of early heavy, then 2 normal heavy and the final 2 weeks late heavy.

from what I could see (away from laptop now so can’t check!) the amount of physical specific sessions does reduce once the mid to late setting are selected.

20 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

I assume it’s not recommended to go physical heavy for the entire 6 weeks of preseason

If I recall correctly, I think I did 2 weeks heavy physical, 2 weeks mixed heavy both physical and tactical and then bit more tactical and less physical for last 2 weeks, can't say for sure as training calendar won't go back a year.

Make sure to squeeze both extra curricular activities in each week as well, building team spirit is just as important as the the training.

6 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Well now I'm tempted to put arbitrary dividers into training...

Which one's your baby then, training or the dividers?:lol:

On 30/10/2018 at 15:30, Kazza said:

This is what I do

8 hours ago, toffee71 said:

I tend to ignore all players moans unless I feel they are right, e.g unhappy with extra work, I don't care all my players do it, not suitable I check if he is improving I leave it if not try something else. But I do check it out

If the attributes are going up leave it be, if no change or attributes going doing, try to pick one that works on at least one of their attributes that need increasing for role/position.

Read what your coach says, generally ok to follow, but sometimes it's obvious not the right advice.

Persevere with training, your way, in one of my posts couple up on this page, I've managed to get a player round to my way.

9 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

I assume it’s not recommended to go physical heavy for the entire 6 weeks of preseason :herman:

was wondering whether to do 2 weeks of early heavy, then 2 normal heavy and the final 2 weeks late heavy.

from what I could see (away from laptop now so can’t check!) the amount of physical specific sessions does reduce once the mid to late setting are selected.

So what I do is intense, but it works. my first session for the entire first week is usually intense, endurance or resistance. Once the season is underway its down to just one session of resistance or endurance. Depending on the kind of system you are playing, the need for these kind of sessions differs.

9 hours ago, toffee71 said:

If I recall correctly, I think I did 2 weeks heavy physical, 2 weeks mixed heavy both physical and tactical and then bit more tactical and less physical for last 2 weeks, can't say for sure as training calendar won't go back a year.

Make sure to squeeze both extra curricular activities in each week as well, building team spirit is just as important as the the training.

Which one's your baby then, training or the dividers?:lol:

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

So what I do is intense, but it works. my first session for the entire first week is usually intense, endurance or resistance. Once the season is underway its down to just one session of resistance or endurance. Depending on the kind of system you are playing, the need for these kind of sessions differs.

Cheers both :onmehead:

Hello,

I like this particular training system, also if is very difficult for me to understand.

I just have a question that is not clear. Based on what I read on several forums and "guide" i saw a lot of players who change the training very often (1 week possession, 1 week attack, 1 week defend). I know that is important to mantain the same schedule for some weeks/months in order to see effect....what is correct?

7 minutes ago, Ivan787 said:

Hello,

I like this particular training system, also if is very difficult for me to understand.

I just have a question that is not clear. Based on what I read on several forums and "guide" i saw a lot of players who change the training very often (1 week possession, 1 week attack, 1 week defend). I know that is important to mantain the same schedule for some weeks/months in order to see effect....what is correct?

There is no wrong way to approach training on FM19. Either method works fine. It's all about focusing on the things that makes sense for you and what will be beneficial. If you can see the benefit of rotating training often then do it. If you want a more specific breakdown of what training does and how it functions, then this is the most accurate guide you can find;

Training evolution over a month, so people can see how I have changed it and maybe find a tip or 2.

This is how my January training started out

20181105200027_1.thumb.jpg.1a462d53ff6a1ab65bb38cc9e587a39d.jpg

So people can understand how it can evolve over a month, I didn't change loads, just a tweak here and there, the main difference at the end of month due to a hammering at home by Utd and a changed matchday.

20181106162043_1.jpg

Something that I've not mentioned is the Training > Rest section, this is how I've set it up.
image.thumb.png.3e2cfd94e419c3f1ef3f553b8b44ad54.png

PS mods, if my posts here would be better served in another thread, like the one @Cleon mentioned feel free to move/merge.

Edited by toffee71

If I want to create my own version of Ajax training philosophy with heavy focus on technical training for U18s, and then work on physical and tactical attributes for U23. Can I then get that effect by being hands semi hands off and employing an U18 manager with technical training pref and a U23 with physical/tactical prefs? Or would this require a much more hands on approach, or at least adjustments to the schedules replacing sessions with appropriate for my ideas?

Also if I set the assman to do training schedules, if I then edit the schedule, will the assman revert it or is my word still the law?

Em 21/10/2018 em 12:03, Os disse:

You can add him without promoting him.

You could :/

Em 21/10/2018 em 13:20, herne79 disse:

Mentoring groups are made up of players in the same squad.

But I can add some Youth Players in "Units" and then I can add them for Mentoring without promote them. Currently I can't add Reserve players, I dunno why :/

Em 21/10/2018 em 17:43, enigmatic disse:

Really don't understand the decision to have multiple entire team training sessions just for goalkeepers instead of player specific training for goalkeepers, especially since in practice everyone including the goalkeepers focuses on one specific area. Just seems unnecessarily confusing with no upside. Have one "individual training" session and individual training options for goalkeepers instead.

Set pieces is another area where it looks overcomplicated too - can players really not practice a mixture of corners and indirect free kicks and attacking and defensive setups in the same half day session? The choices in other areas are all about prioritising subtly different attribute combinations, but I can't think of any situation in which you'd decide you cared a lot about indirect free kicks but not at all about corners, and I can't imagine spending half my free slots in a week on set pieces either, even if I was Big Sam

The ability to automatically set "day before a match" training schedules rather than have your assman suggest it would be a good thing. Don't like the fact my assman defaults to suggesting condition and morale sapping physical training in the morning (although tbf, he seems to do other things in the season proper)

I am upset also about the GK training. No individual GK training is particually strange to me, I was GK.

And interesting suggestion for set pieces, I agree.

Em 23/10/2018 em 13:31, yonko disse:

Is it me or do players increase their match sharpness quickly in this edition? Or is it a Beta bug? I haven't seen anyone notice this yet.

It seems to me that pre-season is less about scheduling friendlies every 3 days and more about building up players' fitness and learning the tactic(s). 

I noted it too. Even tactics I feel the team gets it quickly

Em 05/11/2018 em 16:56, Rashidi disse:

Attacking Wings, Attacking Direct improves crosses, and there are other training sessions that do these too.

But I think that certain players that need to improve urgently that attribute can't depend only team sessions. This is where the individual training happens. 

I have a better opinion about the current individual training here

Il y a 22 heures, tiago_wakabayashi a dit :

But I can add some Youth Players in "Units" and then I can add them for Mentoring without promote them. Currently I can't add Reserve players, I dunno why :/

I have the same problem,  I can't add Reserve player as well and don't know what to do :-/

Couple of questions

1. What can I do with this fellow?

20181111220831_1.thumb.jpg.0bbc56069f6e081312dd3b4f968e38b3.jpg

I just can't get this one happy with any additional focus, he never moans about extra training, just the additional focus he's been assigned, He's a back-up BPD and FB, long term a BPD, I have tried just about everything and he's never happy with the additional focus? He's still young and his stats aren't bad so I really want to develop him well, 2nd/3rd season possible starter, I just find him a conundrum.

2. My wide men I'm training for the opposite side of the pitch to their preferred side, so when they become accomplished I get the they need more playing time in new position message from coach, in my tactics the wide men are set to switch with each other, does this count towards playing time in new position?

Still loving the training though Seb, just the deeper I go, the bigger the headaches:onmehead:

Edited by toffee71