Sports Interactive Community
OJ403

Would anybody be interested in...

So for FM19 I intend to refound a club that has had financial troubles many times in recent yrs (in fact so much so that they are set to go into liquidation for the second time in 10 yrs) in the Vanarama National League North. I'm not going to give away too many details about the club, but I intend to use the create a club mode to return them to their old stadium that many fans consider to be still be their home, return some recent icons to the club for its "refounding yr" and generally create a sustainable model akin to that of the Germans in the seasons previous to the 2014 World Cup.

So quite simply the thread would be about:

- developing the club philosophy as we rose through the divisions, ensuring we made good money whilst still developing as a squad (including u18s and u23s)

- developing our tactical style in relation to the abilities of our playing squad, whilst staying true to the identity throughout

- ensuring the club thrives financially

The purpose of this thread is quite simply to guage if there is an interest in a thread like this. And if you aren't interested, please tell me what I'd need to include for you to be so.

Cheers

i'd be interested, i've wanted to build a club philosophy from the lower leagues, tactically at least it'll be about the fundamentals of how we want to play

-quick passing

-a higher press

-higher line

-not overpaying for players no matter how good they are

-depending on youth academies more than transfer dealings

etc etc, that'll be what my next save is about, i'm relatively new to the game so i'm trying to create a successful manager whose won the league in all top 4 divisions and won the european cup with at least 4 different clubs in a time span of 33 years, i've still got 30 to go

If it has a tactical and/or training focus then sure :thup:.

If you want it to be more of a general club development and progression discussion then you may get more interest if you use the Career Updates forum instead.

24 minutes ago, herne79 said:

If it has a tactical and/or training focus then sure :thup:.

If you want it to be more of a general club development and progression discussion then you may get more interest if you use the Career Updates forum instead.

It'll definitely be devloping the club rather than a story. It'll probably be comparable to your 442 thread from a while back in terms of tactics and I will probably consider other factors in a similair manner.

42 minutes ago, mourinho-herrera-defense said:

i'd be interested, i've wanted to build a club philosophy from the lower leagues, tactically at least

Think I'll be quite Southgate-esque, but all views are welcome and could well be implented somewhere down the line. At the end of the day if I don't have the players why stick rigidly to a tactic?