Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ronaldo Beckham

Anyone Ever Managed Jamaica National Team?

Hiya I have decided to do a long term save in Jamaica, I downloaded Jamaican league and took over as joint manager of a team called Boys Team and also the Jamaican national team.

I was wondering what players I can try lure to Jamaica national team, I have tried to lure  Reece Oxford,  Demari Gray, Jason Puncheon,  Kemar Roofe, Dwight Gayle,  Liam Moore,Troy Deeney, Tyler Blackett,  Andre Wisdom,  Leon Bailey and Rolando Aarons but they turned me down.

I tried Jamal Blackman,  Danny Simpson, Andre Gray, Frazier Campbell,  Kyle Bartley, Karl Henry, Wayne Routledge,  Ravel Morrison, Scott Sinclair, Michail Antonio who is eligible for Jamaica in real life but it wont let me ask him to represent Jamaica on FM 2018 for some reason.

I did manage to convince Daniel Johnson from Preston though.

If anyone can think of anyone I can try call up I would appreciate it, also if anyone can recommend players from Jamacian league that I can call up I would appreciate it.

Nah Bailey initially accepted the call up on the basis that the Jamaican FA gave his dad a job and also called up his brother Kyle Butler who isn't very good and doesn't deserve to play for Jamaica, so cos the Jamaican FA wouldn't agree to his terms Bailey then changed his mind.

I tried to call up other players but they have turned me down despite me being in the World Cup but I will try again just before doing my final World Cup squad.

Here is my squad for the World Cup, I am hoping to get a draw and a win hopefully, not expecting to qualify but I want us to make the Jamaican fans proud and get me up the rankings.

I have Spain, Chile and Ghana in my World Cup group so wish me luck lol.

Jamaica Squad.png

Just in case anyone is reading I l lost 1-0 to Ghana through a last minute goal conceded, I was winning Spain 2-0 but lost 3-2 in the end, got knocked out the World Cup by that point with a game against Chile to go, I wasn't expecting much but I did manage to beat Chile 2-0 which was good, I would of been happier with a draw in that game against Ghana and I nearly beat Spain so that was good, even a draw against Spain would of been awesome.

I am hoping to push forward and win the Gold Cup.

currently managing there on an older FM. I think with a bit of time, many of them eventually accept call ups. Most of the players you mentioned ended up playing for Jamaica, but that was FM15. The league also gets better as players from other countries move there if the money is right. Only issue is the Champions league slots are so hard to get because all of the clubs in the Caribbean battle for one slot I believe.

Haven't tried it but one suggestion I'd add is to load up MLS and either load players from the US or find a mod that activates the lower leagues in the US. In my current save quite a few of the national team guys are in either MLS or USL (called American Second Division in the game). 

If you go back to it, a couple names I'd suggest to look at (with full homer glasses on, so be wary lol) is Kevon Lambert and Jason Johnson, possibly Kevaughn Frater as well. Lambert is your traditional Midfield destroyer type, JJ is a pacy winger/forward type, struggled a bit for goals last year but the year before was a decent scorer. Frater didn't amount to much at Phoenix last year but I think part of that was not really fitting in the system, as he looked a good poacher and came in thought to be a good poacher but just never seemed to fit. He can play on the wings and at AMC in the game it looks like, still scouting though now that I actually can.