Anyone Ever Managed Jamaica National Team?

Hiya I have decided to do a long term save in Jamaica, I downloaded Jamaican league and took over as joint manager of a team called Boys Team and also the Jamaican national team.

I was wondering what players I can try lure to Jamaica national team, I have tried to lure  Reece Oxford,  Demari Gray, Jason Puncheon,  Kemar Roofe, Dwight Gayle,  Liam Moore,Troy Deeney, Tyler Blackett,  Andre Wisdom,  Leon Bailey and Rolando Aarons but they turned me down.

I tried Jamal Blackman,  Danny Simpson, Andre Gray, Frazier Campbell,  Kyle Bartley, Karl Henry, Wayne Routledge,  Ravel Morrison, Scott Sinclair, Michail Antonio who is eligible for Jamaica in real life but it wont let me ask him to represent Jamaica on FM 2018 for some reason.

I did manage to convince Daniel Johnson from Preston though.

If anyone can think of anyone I can try call up I would appreciate it, also if anyone can recommend players from Jamacian league that I can call up I would appreciate it.

Nah Bailey initially accepted the call up on the basis that the Jamaican FA gave his dad a job and also called up his brother Kyle Butler who isn't very good and doesn't deserve to play for Jamaica, so cos the Jamaican FA wouldn't agree to his terms Bailey then changed his mind.

I tried to call up other players but they have turned me down despite me being in the World Cup but I will try again just before doing my final World Cup squad.

Just in case anyone is reading I l lost 1-0 to Ghana through a last minute goal conceded, I was winning Spain 2-0 but lost 3-2 in the end, got knocked out the World Cup by that point with a game against Chile to go, I wasn't expecting much but I did manage to beat Chile 2-0 which was good, I would of been happier with a draw in that game against Ghana and I nearly beat Spain so that was good, even a draw against Spain would of been awesome.

I am hoping to push forward and win the Gold Cup.

currently managing there on an older FM. I think with a bit of time, many of them eventually accept call ups. Most of the players you mentioned ended up playing for Jamaica, but that was FM15. The league also gets better as players from other countries move there if the money is right. Only issue is the Champions league slots are so hard to get because all of the clubs in the Caribbean battle for one slot I believe.

• 2 months later...

Haven't tried it but one suggestion I'd add is to load up MLS and either load players from the US or find a mod that activates the lower leagues in the US. In my current save quite a few of the national team guys are in either MLS or USL (called American Second Division in the game). 

If you go back to it, a couple names I'd suggest to look at (with full homer glasses on, so be wary lol) is Kevon Lambert and Jason Johnson, possibly Kevaughn Frater as well. Lambert is your traditional Midfield destroyer type, JJ is a pacy winger/forward type, struggled a bit for goals last year but the year before was a decent scorer. Frater didn't amount to much at Phoenix last year but I think part of that was not really fitting in the system, as he looked a good poacher and came in thought to be a good poacher but just never seemed to fit. He can play on the wings and at AMC in the game it looks like, still scouting though now that I actually can. 

• 10 months later...

My name is Antonio Gray, father of Andre. Andre has confirmed he will represent Jamaica 🇯🇲 at international level,  I just have to provide the FA with personal documentation and he’s good to go 👊🏿🙏🏿

Edited by T66 KAG

• 5 weeks later...

im also managing Jamaica but you have to give yourself a bit of creative licence, as a lot of players who could represent Jamaica FM do not have there second nationality so i change it myself in the editor.   

20 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@latrell could you put it as an editor file and post it in here as I am thinking of starting another save with Jamaica soon.

i aint got a clue how to do that, but i use the in game editor to do it, eg lewis baker ive changed his nationality to Jamaica put English as 2nd nationality and declare him for Jamaica, im half Jamaican myself my mom was born in spanish town Jamaica and my dad is English, so i would definitely consider representing Jamaica, but the Jamaican fa in real life is not up to much the Jamaican players call the english born players ub40 lol, but i really do feel a lot more effort should be made the amount of players with Jamaican heritage is crazy.   

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2021 at 03:42, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Has anyone tried managing Jamaica national team on FM2021. They got a few good players in there now like Bailey etc. 

I might give it another go soon.

I just picked up FM21 and thinking bout doing the same edited file I did for FM19.

I used one of the Jamaican edited nations file on steam and changed their continent to Europe and upgraded the Jamaican PL and the second division. Played it for about 7 seasons, was pretty fun but noticed the teams weren't improving as quickly and was signing too many foreign players and letting the domestic players go for pennies.