Sports Interactive Community

I was fairly impressed. End of the day the game will improve year on year, I saw improvement. Looking forward to playing it.

I am a little bit confused by whether they’re using the old dB player stats or not. Also being able to pick up Frenkie de Jong for £20m with no competition seems very unrealistic to me.

Good quick analysis, and its pointig out the sad fact i bought anew Laptop for FM 19 and was hyped , but it turns out to be exactly what it is and where it went. Your positive parts really i dont care much for and the negatives are exactyl what i would have hoped for to get fixed. Especially the UI and horrible colour palette seem as bad ingame as in screenshots and the media interaction , game preparation etc will just be a pain in the ass again nd be left to the assistant. So i am more and more seeing as much as i had hope i will have to switch it to FM 2020. Not saying i wouldnt get it cheap, but i had so much more epectations, and the nearer the game gets it shows i was wrong. :-(

impossible to review the ME , or AI and that stuff without playing yourselves.  It's alpha, too

Drove me nuts the amount of people moaning about the 3D graphics on the livestream yesterday, it will never ever ever ever ever change IMO.  Its not about graphics the ME

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Just now, Amarante said:

Alot of people don't know what the Match engine is and what the Graphics engine is. 

The ME handles the players roles, the instructions everything that has to do with simulating a real-life football match. Thats the MATCH ENGINE. The Graphics engine is just presenting the data that the ME crunches in a retro 3D way instead of spreadsheets and text.  Most people want the Graphics Engine to be updated to provide better-looking graphics. This isn't a priority for S.I. this is a football simulation as of such the match engine will always take preference over the graphics engine maybe one day we will have Fifa level graphics. 

There's a difference between graphics and graphics engine too.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

There's a difference between graphics and graphics engine too.

Yes, yes there is. Graphics would be the player faces, kits, club badges. While graphics engine would be match day stuff, Stadium animations etc etc 

Just now, Amarante said:

Yes, yes there is. Graphics would be the player faces, kits, club badges. While graphics engine would be match day stuff, Stadium animations etc etc 

Not at all. The badges etc has nothing to do with it. It's the actual engine that deals with graphics. 

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

its a shame they seem to have been neglected again.

A confusing comment. The AI and ME are ALWAYS worked on.

Here's some info on what's been revealed. 

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Not at all. The badges etc has nothing to do with it. It's the actual engine that deals with graphics. 

This is like something out of Star Trek, as a programmer myself, very weird naming they gave it.  So the question must be asks, is the match engine responsible for match ai, animations etc? 

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

I cant believe they have induction as a feature....I dont know many games that list Tutorials as a feature.

FM has a very steep & unforgiving learning curve so there is a potential pool of customer out tenth who do not buy the game because of a bad past experience or just a view that the game is too difficult or time consuming so adding a more intuitive tutorial is a very good decision by SI as they are not just selling the game to repeat buyers.

I wrote my post whilst I was short on time. I agree with everyone that the ME and graphics engine are different. A new graphics engine IMO is the next 'big' thing that will need major attention. The match engine seems quite stable, although I have thought that set pieces in FM18 needed attention.

Also, re the alpha to beta, it's obvious that the graphics and match engine are almost identical to last year and will not change before Friday. Watching the stream again, so many animations, player movements etc were identical. I only saw the new playing styles implemented within the match engine, which is great.

Also, in game shouts seem useless/redundant. I never had them do anything apart from occasionally improve one or two players' body language. This was with different manager attributes, teams and in cup finals etc. Not once did it ever change the course of a match. There are also no descriptions for what they actually mean/do. People may interpret "show more passion" vastly differently in the world of football. I hope this was worked on, and was not only added as a "commentary" feature in game.

22 minutes ago, Barside said:

FM has a very steep & unforgiving learning curve so there is a potential pool of customer out tenth who do not buy the game because of a bad past experience or just a view that the game is too difficult or time consuming so adding a more intuitive tutorial is a very good decision by SI as they are not just selling the game to repeat buyers.

I agree the inclusion is a good idea. But it's not something that should be sold as a feature, which it has been on store pages

56 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

impossible to review the ME , or AI and that stuff without playing yourselves.  It's alpha, too

Drove me nuts the amount of people moaning about the 3D graphics on the livestream yesterday, it will never ever ever ever ever change IMO.  Its not about graphics the ME

Of course it will change. We went from text only, to 2D, to 3D. To get the best representation of what’s happening it will have to continue to evolve. 

The current ME is close to being taken as far as it can imo. A new one will undoubtedly have better player models and more realistic animations as well as an actual collision engine. The question is how far away it is. It’s very likely it has been in development for some time but isn’t ready yet. 

Edited by DP

7 minutes ago, DP said:

Of course it will change. We went from text only, to 2D, to 3D. To get the best representation of what’s happening it will have to continue to evolve. 

The current ME is close to being taken as far as it can imo. A new one will undoubtedly have better player models and more realistic animations as well as an actual collision engine. The question is how far away it is. It’s very likely it has been in development for some time but isn’t ready yet. 

i meant people in the live stream yesterday complaining how it looked, as if expecting fifa graphics.  wanting a dramatic visual change.

My biggest concern when looking at the footage released is that the overemphasizing of goals that comes from crosses haven't been addressed. Either a, SI haven't accepted that as an issue or b, they ignored the issue.

Looking at the goals from the game play video a the vast majority of them are still clearly from crosses....

31 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I agree the inclusion is a good idea. But it's not something that should be sold as a feature, which it has been on store pages

I'll never understand why people get so hung up on the definition of a 'feature'. Does it really matter? It's a welcome addition to the game, who gives a hoot what it's branded as? 

A lot of scoring chances & goals in football come from crosses, what SI need to get balanced right is ensuring that wing play crossing based tactics are not overpowered as simply putting in more crosses irl does not mean you’ll be more successful, especially at higher levels as defending crosses is more straight forward.

34 minutes ago, trevjim said:

But that’s where potential buyers will go, makes perfect sense to have it as a headline feature.

1 hour ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

But your mistaken ... It is about the graphics for a lot of people . Doing all the training and tactics you would want the match to be played out in a good 3D match is awesome .  Everyone likes different aspects of the game as you do but its the 3D that lets it down for others because its what they like . Whats being offered so far doesnt impress me and as it stands i dont see much that excites me . Just seems like more wool being pulled over my eyes . VAR ? Well the game has that anyway as its built into the game . Training and tactics have a slight improvement but is revamped not new . Anyway wont be buying it unless more features will be revealed that might sway me . The 3D needs fixing as its got worse every year . 

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'll never understand why people get so hung up on the definition of a 'feature'. Does it really matter? It's a welcome addition to the game, who gives a hoot what it's branded as? 

Because feature's and functions are different things, and they sell alot of functions as features

Just now, trevjim said:

Because feature's and functions are different things, and they sell alot of functions as features

Who cares though? Why does this matter so much to you? 

I was impressed with the stream yesterday, to me the game looks great, and I’m sure there’s still improvements they will be making before the beta.

The new tactics and training look really good, especially like the ratings for how well players have trained. The tactics with the lines of engagement and transistion phases add great depth to tactics, and overall is a great way to go for the revamped tactics and training, as they are some of the most important aspects of being a manager.

I don’t mind the UI and always quickly get used to it.

I know a lot of people moan about the ME and graphics but that doesn’t really bother me, obviously be interesting to get a proper look as to how the new tactic systems work in the ME, but thought in general it looked decent, some of the action where had the ball curve more was pretty good, plus looked like the passing and build up play was pretty solid as well.

The only small negatives for me is probably the tactical briefing and the media interaction don’t look like they have changed much, but in all fairness it’s not something I’m that bothered about.

Overall I can’t wait for the beta and to get stuck into the various save I want to do.

Edited by sedge11

I’ve not watched all the stream but the games I have watched have had a lot assists coming from crosses, I personally felt too many assists came from crosses in fm18 it’s a subjective opinion and perhaps a lot of people will disagree but I was hoping for a better spread of assists in fm19. 

I really liked the new tactics creator

Was a little intimidated by training (still)

I was really really disappointed with the 3d representation of the ME. The Graphics Engine actually looks really decent now but it's dragged down by the god awful animations

11 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Biggest thing I took from the streams were that free kicks actually go in this year. Great stuff.

I was dipping in & out of the streams so I might have just been picking the only matches where it happened & not giving it my full attention but it seemed like every match I watched had a goal scored from a direct free kick.

1 hour ago, Barside said:

A lot of scoring chances & goals in football come from crosses, what SI need to get balanced right is ensuring that wing play crossing based tactics are not overpowered as simply putting in more crosses irl does not mean you’ll be more successful, especially at higher levels as defending crosses is more straight forward.

think it's more than just crosses (and defending of them), it's assists from angled balls in general. I think this may be also based on various real-life research (which may be interpreted wrongly, who knows). According to various studies, IIRC a player is more likely to score from a crossfield/angled ball (on the first touch) than a no-angled ball as it isn't considered to handicap the keeper. For an angled ball to go goalside, the ball needs to massively change direction in an instant, for a start. If it wouldn'T, the ball would just lump into the touch or sidelines. :D Take this sequence of play (which isn't even classed as a "CCC", but that#s another matter). Compare this to the oft player dreaded "one on one", oft from a narrow ball provided from a centrally position. Not only doesN't any of this apply -- the forward also typically takes a few touches beforehand, probably even travels quite some distance, allowing the keeper to adjust (and come off his line to make the goal smaller and smaller with every step).

However, defending of crosses is naturally a factor. I think how severe this is is partly a perception bias though, partly such research (even if interpreted wrongly into the game). For instance, just because a keeper may have it far more difficult in tendency to defend crossfield assists, doesn't mean it may be as easy as on FM, to turn crosses pumped into the area into  first time shots onto target.... I don't think SI base this wholly on gut-feeling either way though (or at least I hope so). :D Speaking about tactics; I also hope that the "play for set pieces" tactics // approaches which are now incorporated into the TC aren't overpowered either, as on the top too, there is no team that can rely to score from set pieces every week either way. If set pieces would be scored more oftenly, a lot of rage against parking bus AI would go away either way. ;) (Or in reverse: better not park the bus yourself without trying to concede any of such like the plague, or else....)

Edited by Svenc

I also watched the two Twitter Livestreams, first I must say that I like what I saw. There are a lot of improvements, so basicly it looks like a good Version so far.
But there are some things I've noticed, which possibly could be fixed:

- Free Kicks are to overpowered, nearly every Freekick or at least every second is a goal, this should be lowered.
- Player Ratings are not accurate. In this special case Goalkeepers. For example, Manuel Neuer from the game against Bayern made a world class game and get a 6.9 Rating, should more like 9 to 10 rating I think.
- Transfer fees are bit to low, For example Frenkie de Jong get to Leverkusen for about 25 Millions, In Reality he probably moved for at least 70-80 Millions I think. So I think it should be raised a bit for being a little more realistic compared to the current Market.
- Offense are a little to strong (or defense to low). There were some games in which were about 20, 30 or more Chances and also a lot of goals in the most games, so should be little price down.
- You've said you're still work on the Regen Faces, so I am confident because the Regen Faces I saw in the stream are not really good in my opinion. I think a lot of people (include mine) mentioned that because it's an important thing related to the long-time playing aspect, because you don't want a future-team full of that strange "Alien" like player-faces.
- General game looks a bit to easy, because Leverkusen looks like the strongest team in nearly every game I saw, also against Bayern (I know Leverkusen has lost, but just because of the Bayern goalkeeper and a lot of luck from Bayern). Leverkusen is a good Bundesliga team (I know because I come from Germany), but not that good if you know what I mean. So I hope it's basically challenging enough. But thats just the impressions of this few games

That were my first impressions and I hope it helped to fixing the game and making it more round and balanced.

Edited by MagicTiger

2 minutes ago, MagicTiger said:

I also watched the two Twitter Livestreams, first I must say that I like what I saw. There are a lot of improvements, so basicly it looks like a good Version so far.
But there are same things I've noticed, which possibly could be fixed:

- Free Kicks are to overpowered, nearly every Freekick or at least every second is a goal, this should be lowered.
- Player Ratings are not accurate. In this special case Goalkeepers. For example, Manuel Neuer from the game against Bayern made a world class game and get a 6.9 Rating, should more like 9 to 10 rating I think.
- Transfer fees are bit to low, For example Frenkie de Jong get to Leverkusen for about 25 Millions, In Reality he probably moved for at least 70-80 Millions I think. So I think it should be raised a bit for being a little more realistic compared to the current Market.
- Offense are a little to strong (or defense to low). There were some game in which were about 20, 30 or more Chances and also a lot of goals in the most games, so should be little price down.
- You've said you're still work on the Regen Faces, so I am confident because the Regen Faces I saw in the stream are not really good in my opinion. I think a lot of people (include mine) mentioned that because a it's importenat think related to the long-time playing aspect, because you don't want a future-team full of that strange "Alien" like player-faces.
- General game looks a bit to easy, because Leverkusen looks like the strongest team in nearly every game I saw, also against Bayern (I know Leverkusen has lost, but just because of the Bayern goalkeeper and a lot of luck). Leverkusen is a good Bundesliga team (I know because I come from Germany), but not that good if you know what I mean. So I hope it's basically challenging enough. But thats just the impressions of this few games

That were my first impressions and I hope it helped to fixing the game and making it more round and balanced.

1. On Free Kicks we need more than just a live stream to say that they ae OP.  You need to run multiple saves to see if that's the case. Remember not because it happens alot to  you means it's OP. We also need to take into consideration the players taking the free kicks as well. In FM18 not for the life of me i have seen a free kick score against me or i have scored one. And thats over multiple saves stretching generation of players. 

In the game Frankie hasn't done anything to warrant a big money move.  Don't confuse real life with FM world. 

Players tactics will allow to create more chances or less chances, Its all about the tactics that you have. On FM18 i was clocking over 20 chances a game with more than half on target. 

Regen faces just as long as they don't change skin color am good. 

Ratings are weird and keepers have always gotten the bad end of the stick. Don't see that changing anytime soon. 

Game looks easy because of how they are playing and the tactics used. And if  you realize they are midtable at the moment. Being easy means they would be top of the league. 

Having watched the two livestreams I noticed some HUGE improvements in the ME. No it's not that it now has a FIFA graphic feel, but for the first time in years there was some back passing to central defenders who make a long pass after. Very realistic. I also noticed other playing patterns that weren't in the game before. For the graphic part I bet they're working on some new graphic, but due to the resources available, probably isn't ready to be shipped into FM19. Till that moment improving the ME every year is the way to go because if you don't have the right playing events you can add all the nice graphic you want, it would look terrible anyway.

58 minutes ago, Amarante said:

In the game Frankie hasn't done anything to warrant a big money move.  Don't confuse real life with FM world. 

I’m sorry?????

This is a football simulator, that’s quite possibly the wildest thing I’ve seen someone say for a good while..

Edited by Vicz

12 minutes ago, Vicz said:

I’m sorry?????

This is a football simulator, that’s quite possibly the wildest thing I’ve seen someone say for a good while..

yes it simulates football. How can it stimulate a young player who just burst on the scene IRL putting in good performance the game should simulate that this said youngster must be sold for big money when this player has done nothing in the game world, hasnt broken through for his club side. Your asking the game world to simulate that this player at August 2018 is gonna be a 50-70m player so anyone who is buying him should pay that with no stats or anything to back it up .

Sounds a bit crazy don't you think? 

Regarding Frankie's transfer fee, it is due to Dutch clubs' finances and structure. If you look at Dutch league transfer record, you'd see that they never receive big money. Van Nistelrooy 2001 transfer is still the 4th highest and it was only 30M euro. 50-70M would be very unrealistic for a Dutch club to receive.

Edit: typos

Edited by Phillybear

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Amarante:

1. On Free Kicks we need more than just a live stream to say that they ae OP.  You need to run multiple saves to see if that's the case. Remember not because it happens alot to  you means it's OP. We also need to take into consideration the players taking the free kicks as well. In FM18 not for the life of me i have seen a free kick score against me or i have scored one. And thats over multiple saves stretching generation of players. 

Players tactics will allow to create more chances or less chances, Its all about the tactics that you have. On FM18 i was clocking over 20 chances a game with more than half on target. 

Regen faces just as long as they don't change skin color am good. 

Ratings are weird and keepers have always gotten the bad end of the stick. Don't see that changing anytime soon. 

Game looks easy because of how they are playing and the tactics used. And if  you realize they are midtable at the moment. Being easy means they would be top of the league. 

I wrote that its just the two Livestreams, so of course it's just my first impression, but there where around 6 goals in 10 games if i'm right, so I think at least they should check the new free kick System. And yes, I like that in FM19 Freekicks are possible again compared to the 18 Version, but that dosn't mean you should go from 0% to 100%.

If you look on the Stats of Frenkie de Jong on the talent and the age, than it's not necesary that he has shown a lot to get (or at least should get) a bigger price. I think it's similar to very talented Youth Players, they don't play a Pro Game or at least not much, but their Stats, Potentional and Age are maybe that good that Clubs also wanne a lot money for them and I think thats good and comes close to reality. You know I hasnt's say anything if the transfer fee were about 50 Million or something, thats ok, but 25 Million for this Stats, the potentionl and the age is definitly not enough. I know that the Dutch League has not that big transfer fees in the past, but the Transfer Market changed a lot in the last Year. Of course it's not reality, but it's their own claim (Sports Interactive) being most realistic as possible, so I think its ok to mention it.

You are right, Keeper Ratings are also not accurate in the past, but does that mean it can't be fixed in the future..

Don't get me wrong, I wrote in my first post that I like the new Version and the improvements, but it's an pre Version and I think SI like to reffered on potential problems till the final Version released to get a game as "round" as possible.

Edited by MagicTiger

2 minutes ago, MagicTiger said:

I wrote that its just the two Livestreams, so of course it's just my first impression, but there where around 6 goals in 10 games if i'm right, so I think they at least they should check the new free kick System. And yes I like it that in FM19 Freekicks are possible again compared to the 18 Version, but that don't mean from 0% to 100% if you know what I mean.

If you look on the Stats of Frenkie de Jong on the talent and the age, than it's not necesary that he has shown a lot to get (or at least should get) a bigger price. You know I hasnt's say anything if the transfer fee were about 50 Million or something, thats ok, but 25 Million for this Stats, the potentionl and the age is definitly not enough. Of course it's not reality, but it's their own claim (Sports Interactive) being most realistic as possible, so I think its ok to mention it.

You are right, Keeper Ratings are also not accurate in the past, but does that mean it can be fixed in the future..

Yes FK are something we are going to take a closer look at it. A think what we should be looking at is how much FK are on target, how much are saved and how much are scored to get a better understanding of FK. But we are looking at it and watching it closely. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Amarante:

Yes FK are something we are going to take a closer look at it. A think what we should be looking at is how much FK are on target, how much are saved and how much are scored to get a better understanding of FK. But we are looking at it and watching it closely. 

thanks.. I think it will be more realistic at least in this point (Transfer fees or basically the Transfer-Market) if it would be adjusted (raised).

Edited by MagicTiger

I am a player from the earliest days of FM, all the way back to Championship Manager 1991 to legendary 2001/2002 and played the FMs starting from I think 2012 onwards. I skipped a few version but did spend money on FM 2016/ FM 2017 and FM 2018. I wanna keep it really short this time having watched your twitch video, not all 4 hours but crunched to about an hour. Honestly it is only naughty to an extend I cannot explain any more, that you want to charge 50-60 Euros for this, lets call it SMALL UPDATE. You should release an Update Version or Plan (Renewal) for not more than 10-20 Euros. I am fine with players buying the game for the first time, or if their current version is like more than 3 years old, but this here holds almost NO TRULY NEW FEATURES, NO MAJOR OVERHAUL - a pity. Sorry Guys I am only disappointed.

Edited by Moab

1 hour ago, Amarante said:

yes it simulates football. How can it stimulate a young player who just burst on the scene IRL putting in good performance the game should simulate that this said youngster must be sold for big money when this player has done nothing in the game world, hasnt broken through for his club side. Your asking the game world to simulate that this player at August 2018 is gonna be a 50-70m player so anyone who is buying him should pay that with no stats or anything to back it up .

It doesn’t really matter, the Ajax board have reported rejected offers of £20m-£30m and have reportedly set a fee of £50m. There are many strong links in the media with Barcelona, these are not hard things to code.

I can’t count the amount of times I’ve tried to buy a regen who has also done nothing in the game and the AI has not accepted anything less than £50m or even more! 

There is definitely functionality within the game to properly and realistically model this situation. To say “this isn’t real life” is a wild wild thing to say, the point of this game is to similate real life.

1 hour ago, Phillybear said:

Regarding Frankie's transfer fee, it is due to Dutch clubs' finances and structure. If you look at Dutch league transfer record, you'd see that they never receive big money. Van Nistelrooy 2001 transfer is still the 4th highest and it was only 30M euro. 50-70M would be very unrealistic for a Dutch club to receive.

Edit: typos

This is true, however it appears that the Dutch clubs are now pushing against this and realising they can demand much higher fees. Even if that’s not the case, there was no competition for the signing which is very wrong considering the plethora of clubs looking at Frenkie right now.

The keepers seem to be playing pretty poorly and are especially struggling with long-range shots, not just free kicks - failing to get over to stuff which should be pretty routine

I'm the opposite to some, rather than a lot of goals from crosses, i noticed a better frequency of long rangers/edge of the box goals

Edited by ChelseaSince86

3 hours ago, MagicTiger said:

Should have been higher, but not that high imo. Made one or two decent saves (still not quite from any tap-ins or the like... realistically he has the edge in both of them, e.g. is more expected to save than the forward to score, the first one at the start is debatable). Whilst keepers rarely got really high ratings, it may be a case of going overboard on correcting a previous gk rating issue, namely that keepers easily got 7+ ratings whenever they just made a ton of relatively expected saves... and depending on which, those saves could pile up in a match. This is/was a real issue for players too, as it creates the perception that they are simply denied by keepers playing out of their skin every other week, when it's more often a case of their teams struggling to carve out quality openings in numbers (or very little that actually see the keeper in a significant disadvantage, which is rare in football admittedly, the real one that is, anyways). :D

In that Bayern match I'm more concerned about what was commented on by the SI lads likewise, namely: "Why do they sit so deep?" This isn't what Bayern would do in football, even when trying to preserve a lead (no matter how it came about, and at which minute). Even if AI know has "style" presets so that they may be better able to approach something closer to their real-life counter parts (which may see Barcelona in-game actually topping the possession tables, to many,e ven casual FM'ers delight): It seems the AI's dynamic match management, the decisions they make during a match, can still produce quite some curiosities. That Schalke match as well. That was an early sending off to which the AI will always react. But apparently the AI immediately went into its extremively defensive shell, not even trying, getting just one shot in the first half -- at home. It seems it only really tried to score late when after scoring from a set piece it still had a chance to draw the game.

Edited by Svenc

5 hours ago, borisbachalov said:

My biggest concern when looking at the footage released is that the overemphasizing of goals that comes from crosses haven't been addressed. Either a, SI haven't accepted that as an issue or b, they ignored the issue.

Looking at the goals from the game play video a the vast majority of them are still clearly from crosses....

Noticed this as well, though I think I saw a better overall variety of goals. Direct Freekicks were actually scored - well 3 or 4 were I think which is probably a bit high if anything.

They played on key highlights so we wouldn't have seen how long shots have been tempered given 18's incredibly erratic shooting.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Svenc:

Should have been higher, but not that high imo. Made one or two decent saves (still not quite from any tap-ins or the like... realistically he has the edge in both of them, e.g. is more expected to save than the forward to score, the first one at the start is debatable). It may be a case of going overboard on correcting a previous gk rating issue, namely that keepers easily got 7+ ratings whenever they just made a ton of relatively expected saves... and depending on which, those saves could pile up in a match. This is/was a real issue for players too, as it creates the perception that they are simply denied by keepers playing out of their skin every other week, when it's more often a case of their teams struggling to carve out quality openings in numbers (or very little that actually see the keeper in a significant disadvantage, which is rare in football admittedly, the real one that is, anyways). :D

In that Bayern match I'm more concerned about what was commented on likewise, namely: "Why do they sit so deep?" This isn't what Bayern would do in football, even when trying to preserve a lead (no matter how it came about). Even if AI know has "style" presets so that they may be better able to approach something closer to their real-life counter parts (which may see Barcelona in-game actually topping the possession tables for many,e ven casual FM'ers delight): It seems the AI's dynamic match management, the decisions they make during a match, can still produce quite some curiosities. That Schalke match as well. That was an early sending off to which the AI will always react. But apparently the AI immediately went into its extremively defensive shell, not even trying, getting just one shot in the first half -- at home. It seems it only really tried to score late when at 1-2 it still had a chance to draw the game.

Ok maybe not a 10 Rating, but everthing under 8 is a farce ;-) Without him Bayern would loose this game. In this game he has to be Player of the match in my opinion, if the rating was right. If a Keeper is a "World Class Keeper" that should not mean that his permformance should be lower rated. A good performance is a good performance. But you maybe expect more 7, 8 or above performances from a World Class Keeper. And I hope that it's basically possible also for Keepers to get a Rating like this if they made a really good game.

I am with you because of the AI Playing Style of the both games (Bayern and Schalke). Schalke and Leverkusen are similar Levels i would say, Bayern is a Level above. I mentioned it above, Leverkusen was too dominant in my opinion in nearly every game. Against little Teams it is realistic, you can also have a good day against a Team with a similar Level, but being dominant in nearly every game also against Bayern, Schalke and Gladbach are to much I think. Leverkusen is a potential Champions League Team, but they don't dominating every Opponent.

Edited by MagicTiger

22 minutes ago, MagicTiger said:

Ok maybe not a 10 Rating, but everthing under 8 is a farce ;-) Without him Bayern would loose this game. If a Keeper is a "World Class Keeper" that should not mean that his permformance should be lower rated. A good performance is a good performance. But you maybe expect more 7, 8 or above performances from a World Class Keeper.

I didn't think of the keeper itself at all personally. I never do, because realistically, keepers on their respective levels are comparably level. It's just that I don't rate most of his saves in this match that highly, and a few of the stuff went off-target. However, keepers (and chances) on television tend to be rated weirdly a bit every week, and you may see it differently too (also ok). :) I truly think though that if this was a 9 or 10 or anything, it would give players the wrong impression of what's actually going on. That was a real issue on some prior releases in particular -- a keeper makes a ton of saves and gets an above average rating just because he did stop shots in numbrs. If teams sit deep, they will see additional shots coming their way by default - the question is then the nature of these shots. There's a reason that football is a low scoring sports, the first one is that defending is generally easier than scoring (which has always applied in-game too, which is why even penalties are typically missed at some rates). However, yeah, a 6.8 seems like they go overboard with correcting the previous rating issues.

As of Leverkusen being dominating -- agreed, well they've now got an official deal with SI.... figures! :D It's an Alpha release anyway. Even some Beta stages in some prior years saw significantly issues, also with AI. The first thing I'd check personally in that Bayern match in particular is how they at all approached the game... maybe  "Gegenpressing" is a bit OP too (or was tuned that way to show it off in the Twitch demonstration as a snazzy new feature). :D

Edited by Svenc

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Svenc:

I didn't think of the keeper itself at all personally. I never do, because realistically, keepers on their respective levels are comparably level. It's just that I don't rate most of his saves in this match that highly, and a few of the stuff went off-target. However, keepers (and chances) on television tend to be rated weirdly a bit every week, so you may see it differently (also ok). I truly think though that if this was a 9 or 10 or anything, it would give players the wrong impression of what's actually going on. There's a reason that football is a low scoring sports, the first one is that defending is generally easier than scoring (which has always applied in-game too, which is why even penalties are typically missed at some rates). 

See, the performance of Neuer in the stream was just an example to clarify what i basically mean. Also the two guys from the stream mentioned Neuer as man of the match if i am right. But what I mean is more basically in reference to the game itself. Is it possible for an Keeper to get an higher Rating if he was very good compared to Players on the field or can he get also for very good performances a Rating around 7 where other players get an 8 or 9 for comparable performances on their position. I think you can also make it easy for the AI, the more shoots he cleared the more his rating raises. So he would get a good Rating for holding 7-10 good chances. In the end most would say thats alright I think. He saves some good chances from the opponent, he gets an good rating. Now he saves some chances and nearly nothing happens to the rating, so I would choose the first suggestion.

3 hours ago, Amarante said:

I just realised you said he hasn’t broken through for his club side..

Do you actually have any idea who you’re talking about?