My initial thoughts of FM 2019 (Alpha)

Having watched the content creator videos recorded at SI's office, it's clear that direct free kicks are too potent in the alpha build. 

These things go in cycles:

FM17 they were OP

FM18 they were non-existent for some

FM19 flying in from everywhere

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Yeah Teach was good, where do I get more of his stuff?

OfficiallyTeach on Twitch, Twitter. Teach is great. He is one of the few streamers who look at reports from analysts and scouting. Most streamers don't even bother or have no clue how to process the information.

14 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Yeah Teach was good, where do I get more of his stuff?

2 minutes ago, rain94 said:

OfficiallyTeach on Twitch, Twitter. Teach is great. He is one of the few streamers who look at reports from analysts and scouting. Most streamers don't even bother or have no clue how to process the information.

Yes i watch him on Twitch, he is very good. So in depth

my biggest negative is definitely players doing cartwheels after scoring a goal. i'm watching the official stream by the FM team on twitch and about 1 of 4 goals result in the goal scorer doing a cartwheel. i mean, really, do we see players doing cartwheels that often IRL? i think they should tone it down... A LOT. like make it only available to 0.0001% of players like aubameyang etc.

charles aranguiz who has had a lower body injury IRL which kept him out for like a year after joining bayer doing cartwheels made me LOL

22 minutes ago, Artin said:

my biggest negative is definitely players doing cartwheels after scoring a goal. i'm watching the official stream by the FM team on twitch and about 1 of 4 goals result in the goal scorer doing a cartwheel. i mean, really, do we see players doing cartwheels that often IRL? i think they should tone it down... A LOT. like make it only available to 0.0001% of players like aubameyang etc.

charles aranguiz who has had a lower body injury IRL which kept him out for like a year after joining bayer doing cartwheels made me LOL

As per miles Twitter, #attentiontodetail ;)

This is a pic from the last stream. 13:09. Hoffenheims first goal. What the hell is that Leverkusen winger doing. Hoffenheim have possession and are building up in attack, and the Leverkusen is looking the other way and not interested at all in his teams defensive shape. For me, this tells me the ME still needs a ton of work. Very disappointing. This lead to an easy goal for hoffenheim.  Very poor. 

54125A00-0C72-41AD-AE14-65E59DC17C66.png

37 minutes ago, Artin said:

Yeah this was actually really annoying.

51 minutes ago, rain94 said:

50 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Yes i watch him on Twitch, he is very good. So in depth

Cheers, I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

All the data issue threads are just now being posted - I think that's normally a good sign beta is close?

We're getting it today aren't we lads? Oh my god. Get here De Ligt, Dolberg, De Jong...You sexy players! I can't wait. 

11 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

All the data issue threads are just now being posted - I think that's normally a good sign beta is close?

Some were posted yesterday as well. I'm not one to speculate on these things, but yes, it may not be too long now.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

slTafK9.jpg

kJIrZZc.jpg

Busted

They probably shoudl have removed the 'this is a beta version' watermark when claiming it as an alpha version. 

Whoops.

4 minutes ago, Barside said:

They probably shoudl have removed the 'this is a beta version' watermark when claiming it as an alpha version. 

Whoops.

I'm just happy the dumb watermark is so much smaller this year, really used to trigger my OCD with there being no option to get rid of it :D I don't actually need it on my screen at all times to remind me of what I'm playing...

15 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Good point as usual Barside, but I often wonder where the game would be if EA had not rejected the Colliers in the early days.  Imagine if SI had access to EA's graphics budget

They'd probably only have half the sales because people couldn't afford laptops with graphics cards that could handle it?

8 hours ago, xray1324 said:

I am excited for this year's release, only curiousity is that will Beta saves be usable when the full game comes out?

Yes, same as last year, beta saves can be continued

3 minutes ago, witschge said:

I'm probably being dumb but where can I find these threads? Thanks

You can't - I tried to look but they're set to hidden until the beta's release. However, when they were posted you could see them in the Topics sidebar:CbLTNyy.png

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few people on Twitter saying tonight's the night, but official FM Twitter telling people to still expect or Friday 

The official FM Twitter is Curtis and Tom and, whilst they are likely correct, I suspect they'd tell us Friday even if they knew it was before.  Lowers expectations

3 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

The official FM Twitter is Curtis and Tom and, whilst they are likely correct, I suspect they'd tell us Friday even if they knew it was before.  Lowers expectations

Talking of which they've stopped replying to people in the last hour or so

Not a massively revolutionary year (it's purple, lads! Wahey!) by the looks of things, but I'm completely OK with that. I hate when they've made changes for the sake of it in the past. There's no need to fix things that aren't broke, and I'll be glad if it turns out they've accepted this. 

2 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

There seems to be some kind of coordinated feature reveal happening at the moment. A few "creators" are tweeting some new features using the #FM19Features hashtag. All tweets are being retweeted by the football manager account

Strangely it's all stuff for network games which are normally disabled for beta.

2 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

Not a massively revolutionary year (it's purple, lads! Wahey!) by the looks of things, but I'm completely OK with that. I hate when they've made changes for the sake of it in the past. There's no need to fix things that aren't broke, and I'll be glad if it turns out they've accepted this. 

With the changes to Tactics & training I'd argue it's one of the most revolutionary versions in recent years

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few people on Twitter saying tonight's the night, but official FM Twitter telling people to still expect or Friday 

Yesterday they were telling people "not for a few days". I'd be surprised if it's before Thursday at the very earliest this year given the language coming from official channels. 

51 minutes ago, samwilzrhcp said:

My next door neighbours mates dog who knows Miles's dog says to watch out for Beta at 1900 hours this pm.

Is it a bit tragic I've convinced myself you're ITK and have scheduled my night around it coming out at 7? :lol:

Absolutely desperate for it to be released.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Something has changed on steam DB, but this does not suggest beta will be released.

It changes all the time for all sorts of changes in the Steam backend, its for anything from testing builds to changing some configs, besides new releases. SteamDB is literally meaningless.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's arguably the most revolutionary year in the game's history. Or at least since they stopped the sliders and moved to text based instructions. 

I would say the 3d match engine was the last mega addition.

Notable additions since then have been the ability to add/remove leagues at the end of each season, Press conferences (although they have become a negative for alot of people). And dynamic league reputation.

Since then the additions have been anything but revolutionary

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They'd probably only have half the sales because people couldn't afford laptops with graphics cards that could handle it?

Yes, same as last year, beta saves can be continued

I doubt that would be the case as 2D could still be played on lower end machines and probably more people would be encouraged to invest in more powerfull machines if the graphics were worth it

28 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I would say the 3d match engine was the last mega addition.

Notable additions since then have been the ability to add/remove leagues at the end of each season, Press conferences (although they have become a negative for alot of people). And dynamic league reputation.

Since then the additions have been anything but revolutionary

Anyone who thinks a press conference is revolutionary but a complete overhaul of tactics and training isn't needs to get their hard drive checked. 

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Anyone who thinks a press conference is revolutionary but a complete overhaul of tactics and training isn't needs to get their hard drive checked. 

press conferences were revolutionary as it was a completely new feature. Whilst tactics have been given some TLC this year, in previous years they have always been chopped and changed without any real progress being made. Ever noticed why the most successful tactics on the forums every single year are either with 3 forwards or 5 at the back with attacking full backs? its because the match engine suffers from the same exploits. 

until the match engine is changed, the tactics will always revert back to the wide game exploit.

3 minutes ago, Rub Rub said:

press conferences were revolutionary as it was a completely new feature.

Being able to right click the side menu and being able to put columns in the various list views are completely new features, but they're hardly 'revolutionary'. 

Archived