Sports Interactive Community

In the FM livestream earlier, they said it'll definitely be out for 19th October, and anything earlier is a bonus, but that it is still being worked on prior to the beta release and they'll only put the beta out once it's ready.

2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

In the FM livestream earlier, they said it'll definitely be out for 19th October, and anything earlier is a bonus, but that it is still being worked on prior to the beta release and they'll only put the beta out once it's ready.

Wow. Haven't watched the stream yet but I've never heard them say it'd definitely be out two weeks before the game before. That level of confidence makes me think things are going very well - I really can't imagine they'd say it unless they had a stable build they'd already be comfortable putting out there and just want to wait for the best time or try to fix a couple more things and re-test before release.

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

Wow. Haven't watched the stream yet but I've never heard them say it'd definitely be out two weeks before the game before. That level of confidence makes me think things are going very well - I really can't imagine they'd say it unless they had a stable build they'd already be comfortable putting out there and just want to wait for the best time or try to fix a couple more things and re-test before release.

English.jpg?t=1539263736

The FM19 page on Steam says it'll be out 2 weeks before the full release, at least. They've also confirmed that on their Twitter.

They've also managed to get the beta out at least 2 weeks before release for both FM17 and FM18.

Most times is sooner from 2 weeks. I expect it on Wednesday..  

6 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

The build they used on the stream was super stable. Apparently new dev tools this cycle made it easier to build a stable product. They said they have found an issue with the new AI squad building that they need to fix and a couple of other things, other than that it's looking good for Friday. Expect on Friday, anything earlier is a massive bonus. 

I'd expect they want it at release asap, Miles looked like he's been pulling 14 hour days for a while and the dev team would be knackered. Getting it released means they get closer to sleep.

Speaking to an Alpha tester during the week, he says they're well ahead of schedule, so unless something major crops up, the likelihood is the Beta will be out a bit earlier, so we might see it on Wednesday. No guarantees of course. 

my guess is on thursday 18th oct when they release new eps of FM show

7 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Most times is sooner from 2 weeks. I expect it on Wednesday..  

Aye, I'd think Wednesday, as it gives them 2 days for patches following it if any issues crop up, so the patches are done before the weekend.

14 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Yes Miles said "there are a couple things to sort, which may take an hour, may take a day etc but once he is happy it'll be out.  Expect it Friday and if sooner its a bonus so not to be disappointed."

I think it will be before Friday myself, definitely.  

If i remember right the stream had "this is a beta, please report bugs to si" in the bottom right corner, but that was already there ready for beta i guess.  They were playing Alpha and to be fair, it was quite solid with no errors or crashes.

7 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Speaking to an Alpha tester during the week, he says they're well ahead of schedule, so unless something major crops up, the likelihood is the Beta will be out a bit earlier, so we might see it on Wednesday. No guarantees of course. 

as i posted above, yesterdays stream seemed quite solid.  Didnt notice any major errors or crashes/bugs

7 hours ago, monkeywool said:

The build they used on the stream was super stable. Apparently new dev tools this cycle made it easier to build a stable product. They said they have found an issue with the new AI squad building that they need to fix and a couple of other things, other than that it's looking good for Friday. Expect on Friday, anything earlier is a massive bonus. 

I'd expect they want it at release asap, Miles looked like he's been pulling 14 hour days for a while and the dev team would be knackered. Getting it released means they get closer to sleep.

They were working on it last night i think he said lol or one of the devs were anyway

Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

as i posted above, yesterdays stream seemed quite solid.  Didnt notice any major errors or crashes/bugs

Although in fairness,  you can't really tell how solid the game is based on a 3 hour stream of one person's save. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Although in fairness,  you can't really tell how solid the game is based on a 3 hour stream of one person's save. 

true. i was under the impression alpha is a really early build so expected a lot of missing text, buttons not to work 

Hello,

I cannot find anywhere even tried searching on Google. I would like to know what's the main difference between purchasing the game now and play it in Beta then playing the game after Full Release please?

Edited by Metjuw

If  you purchase it now, you'll have access to the beta as soon as it becomes available (on or before 19 October).

The beta gives you the opportunity to play earlier than the public release (2 November) and be able to spot and report problems that  can be fixed in time for release.  It's also 10% cheaper. 

The beta will be converted to the release version when the game is released.

SI will be working on fixing problems and the full-release will have more fixes included.

19 minutes ago, Blue Lou said:

If  you purchase it now, you'll have access to the beta as soon as it becomes available (on or before 19 October).

The beta gives you the opportunity to play earlier than the public release (2 November) and be able to spot and report problems that  can be fixed in time for release.  It's also 10% cheaper. 

SI will be working on fixing problems and the full-release will have more fixes included.

Thank you for the quick response.

3 hours ago, Blue Lou said:

Thank you Lou.   My understanding then is  it will simply show up in the FM19 page when we click FM19 in our games list.

21 minutes ago, cepwin said:

Thank you Lou.   My understanding then is  it will simply show up in the FM19 page when we click FM19 in our games list.

I might be wrong, but I think we have to right-click on the game in our libraries, click on the Beta tab and activate it from the dropdown.

Unless this process has changed?

Edited by rich10

7 hours ago, rich10 said:

I might be wrong, but I think we have to right-click on the game in our libraries, click on the Beta tab and activate it from the dropdown.

Unless this process has changed?

Not working for me.   When I right click (left click as I have the buttons reversed)  as I get things like view community hub, view forum, etc.    I see nothing about the beta.   When I click the other button it says the item is locked.  I don't see anything about beta anywhere.

It will remain locked until the beta is released on friday fingers crossed its earlier tho

7 hours ago, cepwin said:

Not working for me.   When I right click (left click as I have the buttons reversed)  as I get things like view community hub, view forum, etc.    I see nothing about the beta.   When I click the other button it says the item is locked.  I don't see anything about beta anywhere.

Try this with another game in your library and you'll see what I mean.

Little feelings of excitement are building. Looking forward to getting a Beta save going and failing miserably as I did with last year's Beta save.