The 2018 FMCU Awards -Awards Night

deltablue

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Deisler26 said:

The Frauds will be back in FM19.

Will YOU be the one to join us?

I'm so fraudulent I don't have enough money for FM19 and other must have games in the meantime :D

Don't worry i'll still follow your antics and try to start another career on my own again after quite a while of silence.

1 minute ago, ManUtd1 said:

First of all -- thank you for all that you do on here, most of which we never see.  

More importantly, thank you for sharing with us.  That couldn't have been easy, and I (for one) appreciate the trust and candor.  Being a part of this community means different things to each of us.  But at the heart of it, we're all here to support you (and each other) in this mad love we have for a computer game -- today's shenanigans in particular.  And, more importantly, as people get to know each other better over time, those bonds grow stronger, as does the support for whatever else is going on in our lives (even if it is subtle and indirect).  You're a huge part of that, brother, in every respect.  Again, thank you.

Finally...I'm pretty sure that sound was you throwing down the gauntlet in that last sentence...time to step up our game, fellas.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc10e4a4c62344a77

After so many failed attempts to get a thread going, I already have my first one ready in my head for FM19 thanks to @Makoto Nakamura to give me motivation and a little input from Donald Trump

giphy.gif

Watch this space

2 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I'm so fraudulent I don't have enough money for FM19 and other must have games in the meantime :D

Don't worry i'll still follow your antics and try to start another career on my own again after quite a while of silence.

You can always join in on other FM's, same as this season

Just now, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Even more reason to join. Maximum fraudulence.

Even more than maximum fraudulence, i'll grab my copy of FM18 and smack '19' on the place where '18' is supposed to be. How do I do it?

3 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Even more than maximum fraudulence, i'll grab my copy of FM18 and smack '19' on the place where '18' is supposed to be. How do I do it?

Masking tape and a marker. None of us will be able to tell the difference. Unless you just have a soft copy. Then just say you've FM19 -1.

Wow... what a night. Highest congratulations are in order for @Makoto Nakamura, who had a truly amazing year. I reckoned he had not one... not two... but three threads in with a chance at Best Thread, and with the climax that the St. Buryan thread reached, there was no doubt that that was going to be the one. It only speaks to how crazy a year he's had that his Brazilian thread with Sousa (another thread in which he won a septuple including the CWC, Libertadores, and all domestic trophies) got no votes here. 5 awards is no small feat, and just like with @ManUtd1 last year, it was completely deserved. Party hard, mate.

Also, my utmost thanks to those who voted for me in the Best Story and Best Retro Career categories. I suppose it's only fitting that I won the category I suggested :D. Story-based threads have become quite common in recent years, so I felt it was a good thing for us to recognize in a separate category. What I don't think I've told anyone was that my thread was only ever intended to be a bounce-back from two rough saves I had had in Argentina and Italy, not the novel that it is now. I was just looking to romp to some titles and build a monster tactic with a big club, but instead it turned into something else entirely, a place that has served as my creative outlet for the last year plus, and one that I take a lot of pride in. Thanks to plenty of support and inspiration from readers (and now voters), it kept going, and made my rather unsuccessful career a lot more special. The story's not over just yet, but I'll be winding it down soon as I look to switch my focus to FM19, and a thread that I think will take what I did with Hans Kaiser to another level.

Lastly, another thank you to delta, who does an amazing job running this entire awards process and FMCU in general. This night wouldn't be the same without you, mate, so keep doing it.

Congratulations to all the other winners and nominees. I have a feeling that next year will be even better, as our community grows ever closer, stronger, and most importantly, ever more fraudulent :brock:.

Los! Los! Los!

41 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Well done to all winners and nominees, and great work hosting again, DB. Now, where are the after-party hookers? 

Getting straight to point there :lol:

1 minute ago, rodesire said:

Oceania look out, Bald fraud is coming

Hans Kaiser has no plans to enter the Pacific Ocean. Bad intel.

1 minute ago, oriole01 said:

image.thumb.png.b43d64227c54c78c86a27469411886f4.png

So with his five wins tonight, @Makoto Nakamura enters the brand new all-time awards table tied with @ManUtd1. @dafuge is still the clear leader, but expect his position to come under threat next year if either of those two have another big year.

7th? Qualified for Europe - I'll take that.

25 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

image.thumb.png.b43d64227c54c78c86a27469411886f4.png

So with his five wins tonight, @Makoto Nakamura enters the brand new all-time awards table tied with @ManUtd1. @dafuge is still the clear leader, but expect his position to come under threat next year if either of those two have another big year.

22 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

7th? Qualified for Europe - I'll take that.

Ugh, got relegated. Will have to go to the second tier of FMCU.

Hey everyone, the reason I didn't post at all in the last 3 hours was because of being busy and not having time to send off before I went to work. As it happens, I just want to congratulate both ManUtd1 (can't believe my vote decided the epic category) and Makoto for their wins in the remaining categories. To see Makoto winning 5 awards in one night is just awesome:applause:But I also want to congratulate everyone who participated in this marvellous (and fraudulent as they say) awards night. And, I finally want to congratulate deltablue (for hosting this very well and for also being very honest about how FM influenced his life for the better despite his autism) and his co-hosts as well.

Good night everyone and well done to all the winners! :)

Rafael

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

First of all -- thank you for all that you do on here, most of which we never see.  

More importantly, thank you for sharing with us.  That couldn't have been easy, and I (for one) appreciate the trust and candor.  Being a part of this community means different things to each of us.  But at the heart of it, we're all here to support you (and each other) in this mad love we have for a computer game -- today's shenanigans in particular.  And, more importantly, as people get to know each other better over time, those bonds grow stronger, as does the support for whatever else is going on in our lives (even if it is subtle and indirect).  You're a huge part of that, brother, in every respect.  Again, thank you.

Finally...I'm pretty sure that sound was you throwing down the gauntlet in that last sentence...time to step up our game, fellas.

This. Well done again, @deltablue, top work both tonight and in general. 

Now then, one of these days I'm going to have to move out of the retro category and into the 'new world'. It won't be any time soon, but one day...

My awards night beer turned into multiple beers and chatting up to 1AM and a missed awards show. Oops. 

I'd like to congratulate all the winners, hosts, and wannabe fake hosts (I'm looking at you, the Zlatan), except for @Makoto Nakamura who stole my best chance yet of winning an award. You cheeky bugger :D congrats on the other 4 awards :D

Also whoever of you voted for Ruining Football and the Fitness Activists as best thread name, go home, you're too drunk to vote. I was wishing for more love for @wynter's 12 years a slav, too. :(

Archived