[FM18] USA/CanPL + CONCACAF (MLS untouched)

ussoc.thumb.png.d3aa447b6e85286fd1ddc22ab324ddb4.pngsplash1.thumb.png.d6c85de2e1f1952b2c88c8feafed035a.png

I haven't messed with MLS' draft, roster rules, etc, but I've expanded the lower divisions down to USL2 based on 2017. Playoff format, roster rules etc are reproduced in detail.

CanPL is also added from 2017. CONCACAF competitions are rebuilt (with hard-coded rules for the Voyageurs Cup and CCL).

Lots of derbies, preseason tournaments, and rivalry cups.

Spoiler

comp1.thumb.png.145e67d9048d5bd9fed467f41e279629.pngcanpl.thumb.png.ac4e72379661a9d41ad6711f54d2213a.pngcarolina.thumb.png.05a513e57a18b1b9c33d713c85365ee0.pngcoastalcup.thumb.png.a228afc5ab62b23223c3008027071194.pngpdlplayoffs.thumb.png.d007a0360cc1b1c2695f8b971daaeb9a.png

Recommendations:

• Load all players from Canada, the US, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda (if not all of North America)
  • Enable Mexico at least on view-only, so that continental teams have fluctuating form/morale
  • Start in Canada or the US

DOWNLOAD (link removed - message me if you need help editing your own version)

GRAPHICS

Further reading (external websites): Brief history of the USL | American Soccer History Archives

Also see:

Spoiler

Edited by themodelcitizen

This is great, thanks for your work.  Do you have plans to include the USL League 1?

Also, I know some USL (NASL) teams have "academies", NC FC, Cosmos, Edmonton, few others.. Are these incorporated into game - E.g. , Are they listed as a U18 team for Cosmos..?  I have tried to do this and have failed miserably.

Thanks again

The academies are set as feeder teams, it's not quite like a European U18 team due to the strange nature of the US regen system.

Regens still appear at USSDA teams (and USL2 teams in the first season), with MLS teams getting HG rights on academy products.

After a couple of years there, they're released or automatically sent to a USL2 team, and after a few years there, they can be drafted to MLS along with other youngsters from the region.

As for the new "league 1" it was just getting sorted out for 2019, not enough details or teams yet to properly include it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any progress on a 2019 edition?  Really looking forward to it.  I have done a basic editor adding USL Championsip but can’t get to work.  Have been waiting for this ! Thanks

Edited by meter

Working as intended so far - start unemployed with Sunday league rep and do decently enough in the PDL, and you'll be considered for USL or even NASL jobs. I managed to win the PDL and was hired for FC Edmonton with a few games left in the first season. In a previous save I came close to winning the NASL Spring and Fall seasons, and lost in the Soccer Bowl to the Cosmos twice. They were losing hundreds of thousands a year but still giving me certain leeway with the wage budget, which is actually realistic for how the NASL operated before folding.

Playing the same teams up to 5 times a season really gets old, so I wish I had taken the Ottawa job in the USL, or the Cosmos job in the NASL and quickly won a trophy or two before heading off to MLS.

Added the Canadian Premier League with a 2017 start.

Some tweaks to make things as realistic as possible re: USL2 playoffs, scheduling etc.

For FM19, I made a fantasy 1978 database in the old NASL:

• 2 months later...

Career mode sticking to the west coast so far:

Spoiler

careerwest.thumb.jpg.1bbe5975dde631b613be6a3f94bc4a65.jpg

EDIT: fixed the glitch where coach of the year didn't award properly for parent competitions (USL, USL2). Also, the top scorer award now correctly applies to the regular season.

USL2 scheduling reproduced in all its (travel-minimized) glory:

Spoiler

schedule1.png.e85e9df3a65734ea60d434bc2e3872df.pngschedule2.png.557c598ab6bc19e26272129765abf6a0.pngschedule3.png.5f75833ef598161a90615ed10ef1c5fc.png