Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
vandamme22

Away problems - what to do?

I'm practically still without a title in this FM18 version and the main reason for this is that I do not have the away games under control.

Have Saves with Besiktas, Bayern and zz. Played Juve and do not get in away games in motion. Mostly have an immaculate home record, but it does not work Away. No matter strong opponent, weak opponent, no matter if I play offensive or defensive. I do not want to succeed and so you can not win anything!

How are you playing away?
What does it matter?
What do you change about your tactics?
What will you change if it does not work? No chances, backlog ???

I am going to give up this version of FM pretty soon and I do not know if I will buy the Fm19

Thanks for your inputs

2 hours ago, vandamme22 said:

How are you playing away?

No different than at home. The only thing I change are my team talks - I tend to be more lenient if we're away. Perhaps every now and then I would also lower the Mentality or change a few duties to protect the lead, knowing that the opposition will throw a kitchen sink at me trying to salvage the game, but I don't go into every away game differently than I would go at home.

It would probably help if you posted a screenshot of your tactics and let us know what exactly are you having issues with. What kind of goals are you conceding? Where're the assists coming from? How are your league's Team Stats looking?

So many variables to consider regarding poor away form...

If you just blindly persist with a home tactic it’s not a surprise it might not work away. But if you are adjusting away, we need to know how you are losing. Is it late goals? Do you go behind early and can’t break them down? Do you drop points to low ranked or high ranked teams? Or both?

You might also want to consider the big match and pressure hidden attributes. Of course these are hidden in an absolute sense but your coach reports should give an insight  

Posting your tactic would be useful, but also understanding why you lose an away game would be useful too. With a more advanced AI in recent editions, making better in game tactical adjustments is increasingly becoming more important  

teams are generally stronger at home, if your home form is impeccable you might want to take the mourinho route and go for draws and counter attacks away from home, and the lesser sides should be no problem as their defenses are typically too weak to resist your superior attacking threats so you can nick 1-0 wins that way