The FM Show Season 2, Episode 3 - Revamped Tactics

In this special edition of the FM Show, Curtis and Tom go in-depth on the revamped tactics for Football Manager 2019. 

Previous Season Two Episodes

Episode 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm6PxvdK4UTo
Episode 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6APle1WBDU

To watch any of the episodes from Season One, all the episodes can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/444138-the-fm-show-season-one/-

I'm genuinely excited to see this in play, the new features give us a lot more flexibility, I just hope the ME is up to it because it could be a very very good FM edition. :thup:

Edited by Armistice

The tactical revamp is looking really promising indeed. We will have a lot more control over the style of play and philosophy now. :applause:Already pre-ordered and can't wait for the beta.  :thup:

Edited by pats
grammer

On the face of it, looks leaps and bounds better. Simple things like showing player ppms on tactic screen will be a major benefit. 

The transition settings along with in/out are a great stepping stone. 

The segregation of pressing line and pressing urgency is really good and something id requested a few times so to get both a new pressing line instead of a player by player basis of more/sometimes/less AND get the pressing urgency at the same time is brilliant. The video even used the example i bang on about :D retreat to half way line then hound them and counter.

Is it too soon to post feature requests tho... I think this lays the platform for the next big enhancement of ying/yang. Decoupling the overlap/underlap was absolutely necessary...next step is to be able to have one stay forward one stay back/one press one hold (shifting banks as a consequence) ... But not specify which one... Have it done situationally. 

Which leads onto the other aspect...the engagement line is great, but it shifted the whole midfield and striker as one unit... Id like to be able to group players together into pressing units and have different lines of engagement. Or even a half way house... If i play 532 will my wbs be part of the line of engagement or not? That should be selectable (is it?) 

Looking at how the line of engagement works, I am worried that strikerless system could break how the game works,because if the strikers don't drop deep enough, AM will be the new striker and maybe this will be exploitable.

Will there be a "new feature blog" forum topic for the new episode 4 about transfers and scouting? This is the area I'm most interested in discussing but I noticed it's the only one that hasn't been added here.

16 hours ago, Weston said:

Will there be a "new feature blog" forum topic for the new episode 4 about transfers and scouting? This is the area I'm most interested in discussing but I noticed it's the only one that hasn't been added here.

They didn't even promote the live stream here. Surely not too busy to have made couple posts?